You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-15 13:41:23

slimmer

Qutim PKGBUILDs discussion

Hi there,

With this topic I want to make some kind of guidelines for making PKGBUILDs for Qutim. Here is my view for package naming:

Stable version:
Qutim to be named qutim as it is now.
The protocol plugins are included in the tarball, so there is no need for separate protocol PKGBUILDs for the stable version.

Development version:
qutim-svn - Qutim's core
qutim-protocol-<proto>-svn - <proto> should be icq,jabber,irc... Currently the protocols are not separated from the other plugins, but some users have proposed this to be better.
qutim-plugin-<name>-svn - other plugins.

Version-independent stuff:
qutim-l10n-<locale> - <locale> to be replaced by the corresponding language (ru,bg...). Currently the ru localization is named qutim-l10n-ru but I think it's not very easy to understand for beginners.
qutim-emoticons-<name> - emoticons
qutim-sounds-<name> - sounds

So here are the things to be discussed:
1. Is it allright to have a PKGBUILD template for each of the above types and the future/current contributors to use it instead of them? (This way it would be easier for the maintainers to be changed if needed).
2. Please add any additional categories (I've seen that there are skins for popups, themes and so on) so they can be included in the guidelines.

Last edited by slimmer (2009-06-25 09:58:40)

#2 2009-06-16 15:29:28

atommix

Re: Qutim PKGBUILDs discussion

In general I agree with your suggestions.

But in the *nix world, but I know - to be known as specific language as l10n, language packs (containing in itself all the available languages) known as i18n.

look so --
> pacman -Ss l10
and this
> pacman -Ss i18
and you will see confirmation of my words.

And if you search for both
> pacman -Ss language
it is shambles and porridge.

#3 2009-06-16 15:39:00

atommix

it seems to me to be separate assembly c debug information.
For example:

qutim-svn-debug
qutim-protocol-icq-svn-debug

#4 2009-06-17 06:01:12

slimmer

OK, so the localization should be l10n, I'll rename the existing one.

The debug thing... why don't we just include an "enable_debug" line in the PKGBUILDs which will default to false. If somebody wants to debug will change it, do you agree?

#5 2009-11-25 19:57:52

slimmer

I've orphaned all PKGBUILD that I've supported (qutim and plugins,anticodeluxe,axkb). No time for this at the moment, sorry. I've not switched off notifications, so I still may help if I'm needed. Good luck to whoever adopts them. Have fun!

Board footer