You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-28 15:39:58

lolilolicon

What do I have to do to get VDPAU-enabled mplayer installed ?

I see there's one called mplayer-vdpau-nogui in AUR and the version is 29166-1 (doesn't seem to matter though..the PKGBUILD never uses this $version)
the PKGBUILD is here http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mplay … i/PKGBUILD

Among the dependencies are : 'nvidia' 'amrnb' 'amrwb' 'libdvdnav-new>=4.1.3' that I haven't installed on my machine.

I've a few questions to ask before I proceed to install VDPAU-enabled mplayer:

1. GPU driver.
My GPU is nvidia GForce 8600M GT.
Dependency 'nvidia' is "NVIDIA drivers for kernel26". And I checked that it's downloaded from nvidia official ftp. I've always downloaded from the nvidia ftp manually and run "$ sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-185.18.10-pkg1.run" to install the driver. So it's no necessary??
Does $ pacman nvidia do the same thing for me?
If so, before I do "$ pacman -S nvidia", do I just "$ sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-185.18.10-pkg1.run --uninstall" ?

2. dependencies.
I think there should be far more dependencies needed by mplayer? Or is there any unnecessary?

3. compiling options.
Listed below are those I've no idea what they mean at all.
    --disable-runtime-cpudetection --enable-menu \
    --disable-libdv --disable-liblzo --disable-speex \
    --disable-fribidi --disable-esd --disable-smb --enable-dvdnav \
    --disable-openal --disable-faad-internal \
    --enable-libamr_nb --enable-libamr_wb --disable-lirc \
    --disable-lircc --enable-vdpau --disable-libbs2b
Especially, these:
--enable-libamr_nb --enable-libamr_wb [those are related to vdpau?]
--enable-menu --enable-dvdnav [those two are related?]

4. Seems obvious but I still want to confirm: with the PKGBUILD in AUR, this mplayer we build is always the newest from mplayer-hg repo, right?

5. So, if I just unistall the old nvidia driver and install nvidia package from /extra, and uninsatall mplayer, do I just build the newest VDPAU-enabled mplayer with this PKGBUILD from AUR and it's gonna be fine?

Thanks in advance.

This silver ladybug at line 28...

#2 2009-06-28 15:56:55

Themaister
Website

Re: What do I have to do to get VDPAU-enabled mplayer installed ?

You can simply build the standard MPlayer package from source. It will autodetect that VDPAU-support is present, and build it. (If you have yaourt: yaourt -Sb mplayer)

Last edited by Themaister (2009-06-28 15:57:18)

#3 2009-06-28 15:59:43

lolilolicon

Themaister wrote:

You can simply build the standard MPlayer package from source. It will autodetect that VDPAU-support is present, and build it. (If you have yaourt: yaourt -Sb mplayer)

-b build from source

this will autodetect VDPAU?
How about explaining the details? smile

#4 2009-06-28 16:11:10

Procyon

Have a good look at ./configure --help and the summary after ./configure. mplayer is complex, you're probably better off starting the ./configure line from scratch.

I'm not sure about this, but I think it's also necessary to add --enable-ass and install libass from AUR.

#5 2009-06-28 17:26:15

skottish
Forum Fellow

Themaister wrote:

This will work. Mplayer auto-detects everything it possibly can when it runs configure. It's a bad design IMO, but that's the way that it works.

#6 2009-06-28 17:54:27

lolilolicon

Procyon wrote:

Have a good look at ./configure --help and the summary after ./configure. mplayer is complex, you're probably better off starting the ./configure line from scratch.

I'm not sure about this, but I think it's also necessary to add --enable-ass and install libass from AUR.

Thank you Procyon. I've just got the source, ./configure -h gives really lots of options. Complex really.  But this makes sense. smile

libass? I thought ass/ssa subs were not rendered correctly...so libass is the solution?

#7 2009-06-28 18:05:22

lolilolicon

skottish wrote:
Themaister wrote:

This will work. Mplayer auto-detects everything it possibly can when it runs configure. It's a bad design IMO, but that's the way that it works.

Hello, Sir. skottish.

Well...this auto-detect thing sounds weird (weird like window$).

I appreciate that it will work, while I don't think I'll just do it this way. Because I don't want to add unnecessary features although my machine can do that. I want what I want and what I need. Furthermore, I need to know what the installation has done to my system.

I'm trying to understand this thing...

#8 2009-06-28 18:13:40

skottish
Forum Fellow

lolilolicon wrote:
skottish wrote:
Themaister wrote:

Hello, Sir. skottish.

Well...this auto-detect thing sounds weird (weird like window$).

I appreciate that it will work, while I don't think I'll just do it this way. Because I don't want to add unnecessary features although my machine can do that. I want what I want and what I need. Furthermore, I need to know what the installation has done to my system.

I'm trying to understand this thing...

Then you're going to have to add a ton of --disable lines to the Mplayer configure script. On my machine, I build mplayer-svn against ffmpeg-svn, and in consequence want to use only those libraries when possible. This is what my configure line looks like:

./configure --prefix=/usr --confdir=/etc/mplayer \
      --disable-gui \
      --disable-faad \
      --disable-faad-internal \
      --disable-runtime-cpudetection \
      --disable-faac \
      --disable-faac-lavc \
      --disable-libdv \
      --disable-aa \
      --disable-mencoder \
      --disable-liblzo \
      --disable-speex \
      --disable-fribidi \
      --disable-smb \
      --disable-openal \
      --disable-x264 \
      --disable-esd \
      --disable-jack \
      --disable-gl \
      --disable-fbdev \
      --disable-mp3lib \
      --disable-dvb \
      --disable-dvbhead \
      --disable-libvorbis \
      --disable-musepack \
      --disable-directfb \
      --disable-nas \
      --disable-liba52 \
      --disable-libavutil_a \
      --disable-libavcodec_a  \
      --disable-libavformat_a \
      --disable-libswscale_a \
      --disable-libpostproc_a \
      --disable-tv \
      --disable-tv-v4l1 \
      --disable-tv-v4l2 \
      --disable-tv-teletext \
      --disable-v4l2 \
      --disable-dga2 \
      --disable-dga2 \
      --disable-vidix

#9 2009-06-28 18:53:30

lolilolicon

I don't quite understand those lines, and some like these two are a bit confusing..

--disable-x264
--disable-mp3lib

why disable x264? Is it that it's already provided by ffmpeg or..?
also mp3lib, same question for that....

PS, I read this at http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html

Second is to use MPlayer with the experimental multithreaded FFmpeg-mt branch, which allows you to use multiple cores/CPU. (all OS and CPU supported)

To install, copy and paste this line:......

Did you do it like discribed in that?

#10 2009-06-28 19:55:20

Procyon

I tried to compile mplayer a few times today. The svn branch today didn't work at all, it crashes on audio decode. It also doesn't play nice with ffmpeg-mt. Maybe you can try to get the svn version of mplayer and git version of ffmpeg-mt dated February 20 2009?

As for yaourt -Sb mplayer, without --enable-ass it complains about -vf ass, but I didn't check whether subs worked without -vf ass. I also had a line in my config that read
vc=ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,
This caused it to crash as well, but only with a -vf (ass/screenshot)

Although 1920x seems to play fine here with -vo xv, but that may just have been the encoding.

#11 2009-06-28 21:54:54

skottish
Forum Fellow

lolilolicon wrote:

I don't quite understand those lines, and some like these two are a bit confusing..

--disable-x264
--disable-mp3lib

why disable x264? Is it that it's already provided by ffmpeg or..?
also mp3lib, same question for that....

I'm disabling basically everything that FFmpeg covers. My copy of Mplayer is mostly a front-end for FFmpeg.

With that being said, x264 is an encoder, not a decoder. So, if you disable the building of mencoder in Mplayer like I did, then linking to x264 is pointless. There's a lot of stuff that gets enabled in Mplayer that's there for mencoder. For instance, x264, LAME, and FAAC, come to mind off of the top of my head.

#12 2009-06-29 00:56:43

lolilolicon

./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-gui --disable-arts --enable-x11 \
      --enable-runtime-cpudetection --confdir=/etc/mplayer --disable-nas \
      --enable-gl --enable-tv-v4l1 --enable-tv-v4l2 --enable-largefiles \
      --disable-liblzo --disable-speex --disable-openal \
      --disable-fribidi --disable-libdv --disable-musepack \
      --language=all --disable-esd --disable-mga \
      --disable-libamr_nb --enable-lirc --enable-radio --enable-radio-capture \
      --extra-cflags="-I/usr/lib/live-media" --disable-nemesi --enable-freetype \
      --enable-xvmc

Above are the default build configures for /extra/mplayer, below is for the mplayer-vdpau-nogui in AUR.

./configure --prefix=/usr --confdir=/etc/mplayer --disable-gui \
    --disable-runtime-cpudetection --enable-largefiles --enable-menu \
    --disable-libdv --disable-aa --disable-liblzo --disable-speex \
    --disable-fribidi --disable-arts --disable-esd --disable-smb --enable-dvdnav \
    --disable-openal --disable-faad-internal --disable-jack \
    --disable-musepack --enable-libamr_nb --enable-libamr_wb --disable-lirc \
    --disable-lircc --enable-vdpau --disable-libbs2b

Among them there are some differences:
runtime-cpudetection, what's this detection for?
libamr_nb, what's this?
lirc, for remote-control, whatever I think.

@Procyon,
That is bad news~ Looks I won't be able to build mplayer with newest svn version... ><
Then, how did you modify the PKGBUILD to build mplayer? Can you post it here?
Also I want to point out is (in case you didn't already notice...) when yaourt -Sb there is some gcc patch::
      # Needed to compile using gcc 4.4.0
       patch -p0 < ${srcdir}/liba52_gcc_bug.patch || return 1
Do you need this to compile the newest svn version?

@skottish,
I think it's probable that some of the scripts I use still use mencoder, so I can't disable it.
Just wonder how you did it?? [I'm not sure what's the relationship between mplayer and ffmpeg?]
Also, does ffmpeg actually cover everything mencoder can do?

Last edited by lolilolicon (2009-06-29 01:06:34)

#13 2009-06-29 02:20:37

lolilolicon

Hey people. I've now picked out some of the configure options, with questions. I need your suggestions. Here we go:

Optional features:
  --disable-gui           enable GMPlayer compilation (GTK+ GUI) [disable]
  --enable-largefiles   disable support for files > 2GB [enable]
  --enable-iconv        disable iconv for encoding conversion [autodetect]
  --disable-lirc          enable LIRC (remote control) support [autodetect]
  --disable-lircc         enable LIRCCD (LIRC client daemon) input [autodetect]
?  --disable-vm           disable X video mode extensions [autodetect]
  --disable-tv           disable TV interface (TV/DVB grabbers) [enable]
  --disable-tv-v4l1      disable Video4Linux TV interface [autodetect]
  --disable-tv-v4l2      disable Video4Linux2 TV interface [autodetect]
?  --enable-winsock2_h    enable winsock2_h [autodetect]   -- What's this? winsock2_h?
?  --enable-smb           enable Samba (SMB) input [autodetect]   -- Samba has something to do with window$ right? What's this again?
  --enable-dvdnav       disable libdvdnav [autodetect]
  --enable-dvdread      disable libdvdread [autodetect]
  --enable-cdparanoia   disable cdparanoia [autodetect]
  --enable-cddb         disable cddb [autodetect]
  --enable-freetype     disable FreeType 2 font rendering [autodetect]
  --enable-fontconfig   disable fontconfig font lookup [autodetect]
  --enable-unrarexec    disable using of UnRAR executable [enabled]
  --enable-menu          enable OSD menu (not DVD menu) [disabled]
?  --disable-fribidi       enable the FriBiDi libs [autodetect]
?  --enable-enca         disable ENCA charset oracle library [autodetect]   -- I guess I need this if I want --enable-ass with libass installed?
?  --disable-pthreads     disable Posix threads support [autodetect]  -- threads? CPU threads or what?
?  --disable-w32threads   disable Win32 threads support [autodetect]  -- still, thread? also, Win32??
  --enable-ass          disable internal SSA/ASS subtitle support [autodetect]
?  --enable-rpath         enable runtime linker path for extra libs [disabled] -- what?

Codecs:
  --disable-liblzo          enable liblzo support [autodetect] -- something to do with compression? anyway, everybody disables this, right?
??  --disable-win32dll        disable Win32 DLL support [enabled] -- Win32? Is this for wine or something??
?  --disable-speex           disable Speex support [autodetect] -- "A free codec for free speech" I think I don't need this.
?  --disable-libdv           disable libdv 0.9.5 en/decoding support [autodetect] -- everybody disables this, but what's this for? Plug my DV and play?
  --disable-musepack        disable musepack support [autodetect]
??  --enable-libamr_nb       disable libamr narrowband [autodetect] Do I really need this? It's enabled in the mplayer-vdpau-nogui in AUR...
??  --enable-libamr_wb       disable libamr wideband [autodetect] "3GPP AMR Adaptive Multi-Rate - Wideband (AMR-WB) Speech Codec" what?

Video output:
?  --enable-gl              enable OpenGL video output [autodetect] -- So many vo options....
?  --disable-aa              enable AAlib video output [autodetect] -- everybody don't want it so I just don't...
??  --disable-mga             enable mga_vid video output [autodetect] -- Do I need this?
  --enable-vdpau           enable VDPAU acceleration [autodetect] -- Of course, but do I have to upgrade my video card driver before I compile?
??  --enable-x11             enable X11 video output [autodetect]  -- I just thought it definitely is enabled... Or I can disable this?

Audio output
  --enable-alsa         disable ALSA audio output [autodetect]  -- again, so many ao options! I've only heard of alsa oss and jack...
  --enable-ossaudio     disable OSS audio output [autodetect]
  --disable-arts         disable aRts audio output [autodetect]
  --disable-esd          disable esd audio output [autodetect]
  --disable-jack         disable JACK audio output [autodetect]
?  --disable-openal       disable OpenAL audio output [autodetect]
?  --disable-nas          disable NAS audio output [autodetect]

Language options:
  --language=en

Last edited by lolilolicon (2009-06-29 02:23:01)

#14 2009-06-29 08:33:47

Nepherte

--enable-smb: play a file from a network share (you need smbclient for this)
--disable-win32dll,--disable-w32threads: this is for when you build mplayer on a windows machine (yes you can also run mplayer on windows)
--disable-pthreads: posix is just a standard for threads (think of it as a process). Linux uses these, you shouldn't disable it
--disable-speex: speex is a codec for speech.
--enable-libamr_*: amr_nb and amr_wb are codecs often used in mobile communication (think of gsms)
--disable-openal,--disable-nas: both are audio outputs. openal is often used in games. you're most likely using alsa so you can safely disable all the other audio output stuff
--enable-x11,enable-gl: these are commonly used video outputs. You should at least have one. xv is the one used most

btw. for each enable option, there's a disable option. It's easier if you only use the --disable options, cause all the enable features are autodetected anyway (apart from a few rare ones).

#15 2009-06-29 09:02:05

lolilolicon

Nepherte wrote:

--enable-smb: play a file from a network share (you need smbclient for this)
--disable-win32dll,--disable-w32threads: this is for when you build mplayer on a windows machine (yes you can also run mplayer on windows)
--disable-pthreads: posix is just a standard for threads (think of it as a process). Linux uses these, you shouldn't disable it
--disable-speex: speex is a codec for speech.
--enable-libamr_*: amr_nb and amr_wb are codecs often used in mobile communication (think of gsms)
--disable-openal,--disable-nas: both are audio outputs. openal is often used in games. you're most likely using alsa so you can safely disable all the other audio output stuff
--enable-x11,enable-gl: these are commonly used video outputs. You should at least have one. xv is the one used most

btw. for each enable option, there's a disable option. It's easier if you only use the --disable options, cause all the enable features are autodetected anyway (apart from a few rare ones).

Sweet!

I've just upgraded my whole system and now am trying to build using the PKGBUILD from the mplayer-vdpau-nogui in AUR (modified a bit).
Wait and see.

P.S. Here is the PKGBUILD I'm using:

pkgname=mplayer-vdpau-nogui
pkgver=29408
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Famous multimedia player, dev. version, without its GUI and support for nvidia VDPAU"
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
url="http://www.mplayerhq.hu/"
license=('GPL')
depends=('ttf-dejavu' 'nvidia' 'amrnb' 'amrwb' 'libdvdnav-new>=4.1.3' 'lame' 'xvidcore' 'libass')
makedepends=('subversion')
conflicts=('mplayer')
provides=('mplayer')
source=('no_segfault_configure.diff')
md5sums=(ed962f7642ffcf2411ec6465fdc8c132)

_svntrunk=svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk
_svnmod=mplayer-vdpau

build() {
        cd $srcdir
        svn co $_svntrunk $_svnmod
        cp -R $_svnmod $_svnmod-build
        cd $_svnmod-build
        patch -p1 < ../no_segfault_configure.diff

./configure --prefix=/usr --confdir=/etc/mplayer  \
        --disable-gui \
        --disable-runtime-cpudetection \
        --enable-largefiles \
        --enable-iconv \
        --disable-lirc \
        --disable-lircc \
        --disable-vm \
        --disable-tv \
        --disable-tv-v4l1 \
        --disable-tv-v4l2 \
        --disable-smb \
        --enable-dvdnav \
        --enable-dvdread \
        --enable-cdparanoia \
        --enable-cddb \
        --enable-freetype \
        --enable-fontconfig \
        --enable-unrarexec \
        --enable-menu \
        --disable-fribidi \
        --enable-enca \
        --enable-ass \
        --disable-liblzo \
        --disable-speex \
        --disable-openal \
        --disable-libdv \
        --disable-musepack \
        --enable-libamr_nb \
        --enable-libamr_wb \
        --disable-aa \
        --enable-vdpau \
        --enable-x11 \
        --enable-alsa \
        --enable-ossaudio \
        --disable-arts \
        --disable-esd \
        --disable-jack \
        --disable-openal \
        --disable-nas \
        --language=en || return 1

make || return 1
        make DESTDIR=$pkgdir install || return 1

install -m0644 etc/{codecs.conf,input.conf,example.conf} $pkgdir/etc/mplayer
        install -d $pkgdir/usr/share/mplayer/
        ln -s /usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSans.ttf $pkgdir/usr/share/mplayer/subfont.ttf

cd ../
        rm -rf ./$_svnmod-build
}

Last edited by lolilolicon (2009-06-29 09:24:20)

#16 2009-06-29 09:52:58

ahaslam

I've heard people say it's not (& wont be) in the repo version, it seems to be there tho:

tMXdiYQ.png

Works fine too.

Last edited by ahaslam (2009-06-29 09:54:16)

#17 2009-06-29 10:03:23

lolilolicon

Pieces of warnings while makepkg

libmpcodecs/vf_geq.c:176: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
libmpcodecs/vf_geq.c:177: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
libmpcodecs/vf_geq.c:181: warning: passing argument 7 of 'ff_parse' from incompatible pointer type

38: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
utils.c: In function 'av_parse_video_frame_size':

cluded from cfg-mplayer.h:358,
                 from mplayer.c:831:
cfg-common-opts.h:157: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
cfg-common-opts.h:173: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
cfg-common-opts.h:175: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
cfg-common-opts.h:217: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
cfg-common-opts.h:241: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
cfg-common-opts.h:264: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
cfg-common-opts.h:267: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
cfg-common-opts.h:270: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
In file included from mplayer.c:831:
cfg-mplayer.h:362: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
cfg-mplayer.h:363: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
cfg-mplayer.h:364: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
cfg-mplayer.h:366: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
mplayer.c: In function 'reinit_video_chain':

/loader/qtx/qtxsdk/components.h:729: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
libmpdemux/demux_mkv.c: In function 'add_cluster_position':
libmpdemux/demux_mkv.c:239: warning: passing argument 1 of 'grow_array' from incompatible pointer type
libmpdemux/demux_mkv.c:211: note: expected 'void **' but argument is of type 'uint64_t **'
libmpdemux/demux_mkv.c: In function 'demux_mkv_read_cues':
libmpdemux/demux_mkv.c:1082: warning: passing argument 1 of 'grow_array' from incompatible pointer type
libmpdemux/demux_mkv.c:211: note: expected 'void **' but argument is of type 'struct mkv_index_t **'
cc -Wundef -Wdisabled-optimization -Wno-pointer-sign -Wdeclaration-after-statement -std=gnu99 -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -Ilibdvdread4 -I.  -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/  -I/usr/include/

h264.c: In function 'pred_direct_motion':
h264.c:1048: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
h264.c:1049: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
h264.c: In function 'filter_mb_dir':
h264.c:6351: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
h264.c:6352: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

1st time, fail, the fail message was the same as in the AUR post ::

h264.o h264.c
h264.c: In function 'pred_direct_motion':
h264.c:1048: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
h264.c:1049: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
h264.c: In function 'filter_mb_dir':
h264.c:6340: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
h264.c:6341: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
In file included from h264.h:32,
from h264.c:32:
cabac.h: In function 'get_cabac_noinline':
cabac.h:527: error: can't find a register in class 'GENERAL_REGS' while reloading 'asm'
cabac.h:527: error: 'asm' operand has impossible constraints
make[1]: *** [h264.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-johanr/aur-mplayer-vdpau-nogui/mplayer-vdpau-nogui/src/mplayer-vdpau-build/libavcodec'
make: *** [libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Error 2
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
Aborting...

There is a workaround for this: add "-fomit-frame-pointer" to CFLAGS= in /etc/makepkg.conf

2nd time,  fail again, after adding "-fomit-frame-pointer" to CFLAGS= in /etc/makepkg.conf and rebuild, I get:

cc -o mplayer command.o m_property.o mixer.o mp_fifo.o mp_msg.o mplayer.o parser-mpcmd.o (...a lot...) -logg   -ldts -lamrnb -lamrwb -lxvidcore -lm -lpthread -ldl -rdynamic -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -ldvdnavmini -lpthread  -lm
libvo/font_load_ft.o: In function `load_font_ft':
font_load_ft.c:(.text+0x26cd): undefined reference to `FcInit'
font_load_ft.c:(.text+0x26d5): undefined reference to `FcNameParse'
font_load_ft.c:(.text+0x26ef): undefined reference to `FcConfigSubstitute'
font_load_ft.c:(.text+0x26f7): undefined reference to `FcDefaultSubstitute'
font_load_ft.c:(.text+0x270f): undefined reference to `FcFontMatch'
font_load_ft.c:(.text+0x2719): undefined reference to `FcPatternDestroy'
font_load_ft.c:(.text+0x2739): undefined reference to `FcPatternGetBool'
font_load_ft.c:(.text+0x2748): undefined reference to `FcPatternDestroy'
font_load_ft.c:(.text+0x2754): undefined reference to `FcNameParse'
font_load_ft.c:(.text+0x276e): undefined reference to `FcConfigSubstitute'
font_load_ft.c:(.text+0x2776): undefined reference to `FcDefaultSubstitute'
font_load_ft.c:(.text+0x278e): undefined reference to `FcFontMatch'
font_load_ft.c:(.text+0x2798): undefined reference to `FcPatternDestroy'
font_load_ft.c:(.text+0x27b8): undefined reference to `FcPatternGetString'
font_load_ft.c:(.text+0x27d8): undefined reference to `FcPatternGetInteger'
font_load_ft.c:(.text+0x280a): undefined reference to `FcPatternDestroy'
libass/ass_fontconfig.o: In function `fontconfig_init':
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0xb9): undefined reference to `FcInit'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0xc6): undefined reference to `FcConfigGetCurrent'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x15c): undefined reference to `FcConfigGetBlanks'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x17c): undefined reference to `FcFreeTypeQueryFace'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x198): undefined reference to `FcConfigGetFonts'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x1ac): undefined reference to `FcFontSetAdd'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x1fa): undefined reference to `FcDirCacheValid'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x214): undefined reference to `FcConfigAppFontAddDir'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x300): undefined reference to `FcGetVersion'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x311): undefined reference to `FcGetVersion'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x321): undefined reference to `FcFontSetCreate'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x328): undefined reference to `FcStrSetCreate'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x33a): undefined reference to `FcStrSetAdd'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x385): undefined reference to `FcGetVersion'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x3bd): undefined reference to `FcConfigGetBlanks'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x3e5): undefined reference to `FcDirScan'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x41e): undefined reference to `FcDirSave'
libass/ass_fontconfig.o: In function `_select_font':
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x4af): undefined reference to `FcNameParse'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x4f1): undefined reference to `FcPatternCreate'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x51f): undefined reference to `FcPatternAddBool'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x53a): undefined reference to `FcPatternAddInteger'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x555): undefined reference to `FcPatternAddInteger'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x55d): undefined reference to `FcDefaultSubstitute'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x573): undefined reference to `FcConfigSubstitute'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x58f): undefined reference to `FcPatternDestroy'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x59b): undefined reference to `FcPatternDestroy'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x5ab): undefined reference to `FcFontSetDestroy'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x5cc): undefined reference to `FcPatternAddString'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x624): undefined reference to `FcPatternAddString'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x66a): undefined reference to `FcFontSort'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x6d4): undefined reference to `FcPatternGetBool'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x70e): undefined reference to `FcPatternGetCharSet'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x72d): undefined reference to `FcCharSetHasChar'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x77b): undefined reference to `FcPatternRemove'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x7a2): undefined reference to `FcFontRenderPrepare'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x7de): undefined reference to `FcPatternGetInteger'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x813): undefined reference to `FcPatternGetString'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x84b): undefined reference to `FcPatternGetString'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x87b): undefined reference to `FcPatternGetString'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x911): undefined reference to `FcPatternGetString'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x941): undefined reference to `FcPatternGetInteger'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x971): undefined reference to `FcPatternGetInteger'
ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x9a1): undefined reference to `FcPatternGetBool'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...

It's related to --enable-ass I think..... :-(

Last edited by lolilolicon (2009-06-29 10:09:05)

#18 2009-06-29 10:07:10

lolilolicon

ahaslam wrote:

I've heard people say it's not (& wont be) in the repo version, it seems to be there tho:

http://omploader.org/tMXdiYQ.png

Works fine too.

I thought that was a mistake?
(The builder of this package you are using was on a machine with nvidia card and mplayer autodetects VDPAU, I guess...)

#19 2009-06-29 10:58:30

lolilolicon

Third time I tried the easy way:
$ yaourt -Sb mplayer
[Without any edit of PKGBUILD]
Works fine with $ mplayer -vo vdpau -vc ffh264vdpau , consuming only 8% of CPU. That is impressive. [Considering it was eating one core up]

Building without --enable-ass option results in this? ::
Unknown option on the command line: -ass
mplayer now doesn't recognize -ass option...
On the other hand it can load ass subs packed in a .mkv file. Just not external .ass subtitles.
-ass is a must! So I'll try a forth build just by adding --enable-ass....

#20 2009-06-29 11:09:06

Procyon

runtime-cpudetection, what's this detection for?

Remove it and it will build for your computer specifically.

Then, how did you modify the [extra] PKGBUILD to build mplayer?

Removed cpu detection and added --enable-ass.

Also I want to point out is (in case you didn't already notice...) when yaourt -Sb there is some gcc patch::
      # Needed to compile using gcc 4.4.0
       patch -p0 < ${srcdir}/liba52_gcc_bug.patch || return 1
Do you need this to compile the newest svn version?

I'll give it a try.

It's related to --enable-ass I think.....

Have you installed libass from AUR?

#21 2009-06-29 11:14:38

Themaister
Website

I don't think I installed libass, and I compile with --enable-freetype and --enable-libass (or was it --enable-ass ? tongue), and SSA/ASS-subtitles work perfectly. If I build as root, I don't have to add --enable-freetype or --enable-libass/--enable-ass to get it working smile The standard MPlayer package doesn't have libass as a dependency, and SSA/ASS-subs work flawlessly with that package too. :s Does MPlayer have an internal SSA/ASS renderer or something?

-ass is a must! So I'll try a forth build just by adding --enable-ass....

I'm pretty sure this is a bug with MPlayer or fakeroot not building ass if you do not explicitly enable it. If you try building the package as root with sudo makepkg --asroot, it should build ass support default.

Last edited by Themaister (2009-06-29 11:20:30)

#22 2009-06-29 11:25:18

lolilolicon

Procyon wrote:

Have you installed libass from AUR?

Yes I had.

While building the svn version [for twice], I just used that no_segfault_configure.diff from that AUR package.
Might have been good if I tried to use the gcc patch from /extra/mplayer with the svn mplayer-vdpau.

Now I've modified the PKGBUILD from /extra/mplayer, by adding --enable-ass, -ass option is present now but I still got problem loading .ssa subtitles

$ mplayer -vo vdpau -ass -sub sub.ssa video.mp4

SUB: Could not determine file format
[ass] error recoding file.
Cannot load subtitles:
Couldn't open video filter 'ass'.
ASS: cannot add video filter
[ass] Init
[ass] Updating font cache.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by lolilolicon (2009-06-29 11:27:41)

#23 2009-06-29 11:37:30

Procyon

I just compiled SVN successfully and it does audio/vdpau and (internal mkv) subs (I don't have a .ssa to test). I didn't use PKGBUILDs though.

I will test .ssa later.

How I compiled it: (I had to explicitly declare some --disables because I have [extra]'s mplayer installed and those packages too)

svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer
[edit the configure script (replace -O4 in cflags definition with -O2, and replace that function at the start with an empty one)]
./configure --prefix=$t/mplayer --disable-smb --disable-arts --enable-x11 --enable-gl --enable-vdpau --enable-ass --disable-tv-{v4l1,v4l2} --disable-lirc --disable-radio{,-capture}
make
make install

#24 2009-06-29 11:50:23

Procyon

.srt works, but the -sub option seems to complain about complex paths, a space will cause errors even like this ./mplayer -sub sub\ CD1.srt CD1.avi
Will complain about no sub file sub, and CD1.srt

But otherwise it works. And there is an option to load every sub file in the directory of the movie: -sub-fuzziness 2, which also works.

#25 2009-06-29 11:53:33

Themaister
Website

-O4? Ye, I've noticed that too once, but isn't -O3 max for GCC?

Board footer