You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-18 00:36:30

VictorVictorVictor

Dbus/KDE wont start! EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemo

Help! I'm not sure what I did, but now nothing that needs dbus will work, including KDE and all KDE apps, VLC, and alot of other programs as well.

I am using KDEmod (not sure if this makes a difference for my particular issue)

The error i am always getting is:

Could not connect to D-Bus server: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: dbus-launch failed to autolaunch D-Bus session: EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemon

This happened some time around my last KDEmod upgrade to KDE 4.3, but i'm not sure if this had anything to do with it or not. I also may or may not have carelessly overwritten some vital configuration file with a .pacnew not understanding what I was doing (Still getting the hang of the ways Arch, although I must say I'm hooked for life)

I've hunted around for clues, and haven't found anything useful, and all my drives have plenty of free space. I've tried clearing out /tmp to no avail, and it's making me so sad! sad Reinstalling dbus hasn't helped either. I've been having alot of nostalgic fun using e16 in the meantime, but I miss KDE and most of my programs, does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks! big_smile

Victor

EDIT: I have tried things suggested on this thread http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=586491 without effect

Last edited by VictorVictorVictor (2009-08-18 07:05:07)

Pink Noise - Amazing 80s new wave music being made today

www.pinknoiseboys.com
Even rockstars use Linux!

#2 2009-08-21 19:47:09

VictorVictorVictor

Re: Dbus/KDE wont start! EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemo

Should this post be in a different forum? I realized after posting this that similar problems were posten under Newbie Corner, but I didn't think to post it there since this seems like more advanced of a problem..

Would someone mind moving this post to a different spot where it might get a little more response?

Pink Noise - Amazing 80s new wave music being made today

www.pinknoiseboys.com
Even rockstars use Linux!

#3 2009-08-22 13:24:58

stibi

I have similar problem with no solution yet. http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=78510 Thinking about complete reinstall system.

#4 2009-08-22 13:40:41

fogobogo

yo. try pacman -Sy dbus. default on arch is dbus-core afaik and that one doesnt play nice in all situations

#5 2009-08-22 13:43:23

stibi

I have installed both dbus and dbus-core, is this wrong ?

#6 2009-08-22 13:47:48

fogobogo

I'm not absolutely sure but it shouldnt be wrong. I just remember XFCE4 also complained about dbus, been a while though. Ensure dbus is in the daemons array of rc.conf and/or start the daemon explictely,

If it still doesnt work I run out of ideas

Last edited by fogobogo (2009-08-22 13:48:26)

Board footer