You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-24 22:51:44

Fiona

Wine "unable to find libjpeg.so"

Hi all,
I've had this issue for a while but have ignored it because it didn't become a problem yet. I mostly use Wine for World of Warcraft and the game itself runs fine. However a patch was released yesterday and neither the launcher or the patch software runs, I get this error:

err:ole:OLEPictureImpl_LoadJpeg Failed reading JPEG because unable to find libjpeg.so.62
err:ole:OleLoadPicture IPersistStream_Load failed

I have updated all my packages including all my AUR ones. I have reinstalled lib32-libjpeg and libjpeg.

In addition to this, another strange issue is that if I open any instance of Wine, including winecfg, I sometimes get this message:

user.reg is not a valid registry file

When this happens all the settings I have put into winecfg reset. I do not know if this issue is related, but it is irritating.

Thanks for any help!

#2 2009-09-25 09:34:27

Garns

Re: Wine "unable to find libjpeg.so"

Which wine version are you using?

#3 2009-09-25 12:14:56

Fiona

1.1.29-2, the one provided by bin32-wine in AUR.

#4 2009-09-25 13:51:58

Garns

Are you sure that you are running that one? I am asking because the error message indicates you are running  wine built with libjpeg6 but that one was built with libjpeg7.

Can you post the output of

locate windowscodecs.dll.so

and

strings $(locate windowscodecs.dll.so) | grep libjpeg

As a quick fix you could also try installing lib32-libjpeg6, but tracking this down could spare you future headaches.

Last edited by Garns (2009-09-25 13:53:04)

#5 2009-10-01 01:30:46

Fiona

Garns wrote:

Are you sure that you are running that one? I am asking because the error message indicates you are running  wine built with libjpeg6 but that one was built with libjpeg7.

Ah curious, you're right. I assumed I was using the one from AUR but it seems that it has come from one of the main repositories. Very confusing that they would have the same name. I seem to have 1.1.24.

How do I install things from AUR with yaourt but force it to use the one from AUR? It only seems to have a fallback mechanism.

Can you post the output of

locate windowscodecs.dll.so
/usr/lib/wine/windowscodecs.dll.so

and

strings $(locate windowscodecs.dll.so) | grep libjpeg

This produces nothing.

Thanks for your help so far, it's greatly appreciated. smile

#6 2009-10-01 08:08:57

Garns

Fiona wrote:
Garns wrote:

Ah curious, you're right. I assumed I was using the one from AUR but it seems that it has come from one of the main repositories. Very confusing that they would have the same name. I seem to have 1.1.24.

How do I install things from AUR with yaourt but force it to use the one from AUR? It only seems to have a fallback mechanism.

Not sure, since I don't use yaourt. However if you really got that bin32-wine package from a repo and 1.1.24 is the newest version in there you should probably stop using that repo, because it really looks out of date.

#7 2009-10-01 08:37:18

Fiona

I had a closer look and it seemed to be coming from the archlinuxfr repo, not sure what that was doing other than serving wine. =/
I removed bin32-wine, removed the repositoriy, installed from AUR and the WoW launcher is now ticketyboo. Thanks!

I am still getting

though, which again is resetting all of my Wine settings. sad It's not a huge problem but it's a minor pain.

#8 2009-10-01 09:33:06

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Fiona wrote:

I had a closer look and it seemed to be coming from the archlinuxfr repo, not sure what that was doing other than serving wine. =/

That's the repo for yaourt.....

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#9 2009-10-01 10:19:11

Fiona

ngoonee wrote:
Fiona wrote:

That's the repo for yaourt.....

I see. I wonder why it has an old version of bin32-wine then.

#10 2009-10-01 13:08:11

Garns

Fiona wrote:

I am still getting

though, which again is resetting all of my Wine settings. sad It's not a huge problem but it's a minor pain.

You could try to move user.reg out of your .wine directory, this will lead to wine creating a new one, but you will lose the contents, which could stop cause problems with some apps under wine. Not sure if it will do since the registry looks already broken.

Probably because no one put a new version in there.

Last edited by Garns (2009-10-01 15:05:29)

#11 2009-10-01 14:55:38

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Fiona wrote:

You'd have to ask them. I suggest learning french smile.

More seriously, archlinuxfr contains only a small selection of binary packages, with yaourt being the (only?) one that most people are after. You can just comment it out, I think you'll still get a warning through yaourt when the version number bumps, since yaourt itself is on the AUR.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer