You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-06 02:01:16

boily
Website

Intermittent glitches in audio

Hello everyone!

I am experiencing a very weird problem with audio playback. Sometimes, applications like Audacious, Mplayer or Teeworlds will have audio glitches when playing, sometimes not. A reboot seems to solve the problem for about half an hour.

This annoyance started today. I grepped /var/log for ALSA problems such as underruns, but nothing recent showed up. I still have logs of some problems I had with PulseAudio, which I was running until last month.

Meanwhile, I'll be searching through my config files and logs. Maybe I have forgotten some obscure option from when I cleaned my system last month.

As always, thanks in advance for your help!

A centipede is an inchworm that has switched to the metric system.

#2 2009-12-10 01:02:15

boily
Website

Re: Intermittent glitches in audio

Hello again and sorry for the shameless self-bump.

I think I have found a hint concerning my weird audio glitches:

ALSA lib pcm.c:7234:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occured

I am currently running the latest mercurial Audacious build. I am playing TrueAudio files through my USB connected hard drive.

The glitches do not appear until I connect myself to my local network (I use wicd). There is no audio problem either if I am listening to Youtube, internet radio or playing music stored on my internal hard drive.

I will continue to search for other hints. I am still waiting for an official Audacious build that gets back support of TrueAudio files (it was strangely dropped from last update).

A centipede is an inchworm that has switched to the metric system.

Board footer