You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-15 17:24:45

geniuz

Broadcom BCM4328 connection problem

Hey,

For days I've been struggling to get my wireless up and running. And I'm pretty close I think, I believe I've set up everything correctly. My wireless card connects to my local home network (WPA secured) using netcfg and everything seems well. However it disconnects within the hour. Sometimes after 15 mins and sometimes after 30 mins or so, it's kind of driving me nuts. Is anybody else experiencing the same problems with this card? The only way to regain my connection is to manually reconnect with netcfg.

I'm using the driver from AUR for this card and the installation procedure I got from the corresponding Wiki. But like I said everything works except for this stupid glitch. And it isn't only netcfg that gives this problem, I've had the same issue with Wicd and NetworkManager.

I hope somebody can clarify this for me,
Ivan.

Last edited by geniuz (2010-04-15 17:25:25)

#2 2010-04-17 16:18:14

geniuz

Re: Broadcom BCM4328 connection problem

Is there really nobody who can help me? I noticed that when this happens, I'm not really "disconnected" from the network since running "iwconfig" shows I'm still connected:

eth0      IEEE 802.11abgn  ESSID:"bistarac"  Nickname:""
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.462 GHz  Access Point: 00:0C:F6:50:DB:CC   
          Bit Rate=54 Mb/s   Tx-Power:24 dBm   
          Retry min limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=5/5  Signal level=-52 dBm  Noise level=-90 dBm
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:2  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0

There is however 0 traffic, no webpage is loaded and the only thing I can do is disconnect and reconnect to get a connection for another short period of time until the problem happens again. Can this be some kind of WPA or netcfg issue? Or is this related to the broadcom-wl driver?
Also here is my netcfg config file for this network in the hope that it may help:

CONNECTION='wireless'
INTERFACE='eth0'
SECURITY='wpa-configsection'
ESSID='bistarac'
IP='dhcp'
TIMEOUT=300
CONFIGSECTION='
    ssid="bistarac"
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    psk="..."
    proto=WPA'

Thanks again !