You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-28 15:19:43

murasakino

[solved] archinstall downloads gnome after selecting awesomewm

Recently I wanted to try out awesomewm on an old laptop and opted to use archinstall to save time, after finishing up I noticed it's awful lot similar to gnome, when I checked it turns out it instead downloaded and setup gnome instead of awesome (it was a relitively minimal installation too without any themes or background even with gdm) . Just to be sure I repeated the installation twice and did confirm that for some reason on my device it persists with downloading gnome when selecting awesomewm, I haven't had the time to test other selections if they have the same result but I'm wondering if such a bug exists and how to prevent it. I will probably manually install it later but I found this interesting.

Solution: I assumed gdm doesn't differ much from sddm since I haven't used gnome before but that was the main reason the system looked off, awesomewm was installed but wasnt configured yet.

Last edited by murasakino (2024-01-28 15:48:49)

#2 2024-01-28 15:24:25

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: [solved] archinstall downloads gnome after selecting awesomewm

Please share the archinstall log file.

In respect of extant bugs, have you checked https://github.com/archlinux/archinstall/issues?

#3 2024-01-28 15:31:49

ArchDew

GDM is Gnomes DM, along with dependencies like, gnome-shell or gnome-session. Can you check if awesome is installed? If you want gnome you can also install awesome-gnome.

Last edited by ArchDew (2024-01-28 15:33:36)

#4 2024-01-28 15:40:11

murasakino

ArchDew wrote:

GDM is Gnomes DM, along with dependencies like, gnome-shell or gnome-session. Can you check if awesome is installed? If you want gnome you can also install awesome-gnome.

It does appear like awesome is installed yes probably the system appears this way because of gdm, I don't have a way to post the log file yet either but I'll test with sddm instead

Board footer