You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-05 05:34:28

zacksiri

Open sourced LXD / Incus Image Server

Hey Everyone

Hope you are all doing well. Given than LXD will be losing access to the community image server in May. I've taken it upon myself to create an alternative. We've decided that it's important that the LXD community be able to continue to access images other than ubuntu. So we're making it available to everyone.

Polar Image Server - GitHub - upmaru/polar: LXD / Incus image server hosting based on simplestream protocol.
    IcePAK Build System - GitHub - upmaru/icepak: IcePAK cli tool for integration with polar image server.

Production Server

The servers are up and running already it’s located here:

- Production
- Sandbox

The difference is sandbox server receive more updates / may be more unstable than the production, other than that they’re exactly the same. The production server also has redundancy and status monitoring

Try it out

This will expire in 30 days, however you can sign up and generate your own token / url that never expires.

lxc remote add opsmaru https://images.opsmaru.dev/spaces/e09bfea073e9febbb7d39e20 --public --protocol simplestreams

What happens after it expires?

You will be able to issue tokens that never expire if you want. You will also be able to specify which client (LXD / Incus) the token is for. The feed will be generated for your specified client to avoid issues.

You don’t have the images I need

We will add new images, if there is demand, please open an issue or a pull-request here.

We will currently support the following architectures:

x86_64 (amd64)
    aarch64 (arm64)

Will consider adding more if there is demand.

Last edited by zacksiri (2024-03-05 05:34:45)

Board footer