You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-04 11:34:07

Hafting

yay/bsdtar fail to unpack packages, preventing upgrades

$ yay -S linux-cachyos  #Or many other AUR packages
-> Extracting linux-6.8.3.tar.xz with bsdtar
linux-6.8.3/Documentation/Changes: Can't set permissions to 0755: Invalid argument
[many more such permission failures]
bsdtar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
==> ERROR: Failed to extract linux-6.8.3.tar.xz
    Aborting...
-> error making: linux-cachyos-exit status 1
-> Failed to install the following packages. Manual intervention is required:
linux-cachyos - exit status 1

I hope this is the right forum, I cannot figure this out. If I run bsdtar manually, the file unpacks with the same error messages. bsdtar apparently tries to change permissions of symlinks, which fails. Then makepkg and yay aborts.

Everything seems to extract as it is should, despite error messages. I can run makepkg --noextract -i , and build & install a working package manually. But no automation - if bsdtar is needed and there are symlinks being unpacked, then bsdtar claims bogus errors, which breaks makepkg.

I don't know where to report an error. Is bsdtar (from libarchive) wrong?  Or is it being used wrongly by makepkg?  Or just some stupid mistake in my local setup?  Ir'd be nice being able to run "yay -Sya" again, instead of cloning each repository at a time, running a makepkg that "fails", and then a makepkg --noextract that works.

#2 2024-04-04 11:37:02

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

Re: yay/bsdtar fail to unpack packages, preventing upgrades

What filesystem are you running this on? How is it mounted?

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

Board footer