You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-30 18:29:14

BookmarkManager

Unable to Share Specific Windows/Applications using WebRTC/PipeWire

Hello,

I have been encountering an issue for several months but am only now trying to seriously fix it.

My issue is that specific programs (Krita) are not picked up by WebRTC screen sharing such as Discord and Firefox (using https://mozilla.github.io/webrtc-landing/gum_test.html to test). Other programs (Firefox, Kate, games) are all recognized without issue. This started some time last year but I do not have an exact date.
Additionally, I can capture the window in OBS using an xcomposite window capture. The pipewire window capture does not function in OBS at all.

Environment:
- KDE
- x11
- Pipewire
- Latest packages as of today

Things I have tried:
- Enabling canvas graphics acceleration in Krita
- Disabling canvas graphics acceleration in Krita
- Using OpenGL for graphics acceleration in Krita
- Using OpenGL ES
- Checking systemctl --user status xdg-desktop-portal (running)
- Checking systemctl --user status plasma-xdg-desktop-portal-kde.service (also running, but shows a warning that zkde_screencast_unstable_v1 is not available)
- Switching to Wayland (has its own separate issues that are discord-specific and does not solve this not working in x11)

Running qdbus org.kde.KWin /KWin supportInformation shows that my screencast plugin isn't loaded. However, I cannot find any guide to tell me if this is necessary for x11 or how to enable it.

Unfortunately, every term I search in Google is populated with Wayland-specific information. Any guidance on how to fix this issue for x11 is greatly appreciated.

#2 2024-04-20 20:11:09

Stuben

Re: Unable to Share Specific Windows/Applications using WebRTC/PipeWire

I am experiencing the same issue, also using KDE Plasma with X11. Tested screen sharing Krita when using KDE Plasma with Wayland, and it did show up as an option there,
The qdbus org.kde.KWin /KWin supportInformation did show the screencast plugin as loaded under Wayland. My suspicion here would be that it is only required for Wayland.

Board footer