You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-16 04:02:52

Ian50z

(RESOLVED) Dolphin takes 8 seconds to load

After updating my entire system which I believe upgraded me to KDE6, I had a lot of things break. Wayland being one of them so I default to X11. Certain themes weren't applying to sddm through the normal systemsettings which required manually changing the conf files. After all of this I am down to my last two issues which may be related to each other, I am not 100% sure though. The more important issue is dolphin taking 8 seconds to load. After it launches everything seems fine however when you try to open a second instance of dolpin it still takes 8 seconds.  The secondary issue which may be related, the sddm login greeter screen is extremely laggy even after confirming the refresh rate is set to 144hz via adding the following to /usr/share/sddm/scripts/Xsetup -> xrandr --output DP-0 --mode 2560x1440 --rate 144 The greeter screen lag isn't that important, dolphin taking an eternity to load is. First time making a help post so please let me know what commands or logs I should provide.

SOLUTION:
My icon pack which I have used for the better half of two years was to blame. I use the Flattery icon pack, specifically dark blue variant. No matter which variant of Flattery I used, dolphin would load slowly. It wasn't until I tried a default pack like Breeze where finally dolphin loaded quick (1-2 seconds). The Flattery icon pack hasn't been updated for a couple of years so I think it might be some missing icons or out-of-date schema that dolphin after the latest updates just can't handle without slowing down to a crawl. Regardless I switched over to a roughly similar icon pack called Tela and I am once again loving linux!

Last edited by Ian50z (2024-05-02 07:15:16)

#2 2024-05-02 07:16:24

Ian50z

Re: (RESOLVED) Dolphin takes 8 seconds to load

Bump because solution added to original post

Board footer