You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-06 07:24:36

T-u-N-i-X
Website

Gnome Power Manager after Last Upgrade

Hi There,

I just did a pacman -Syu and upgraded lots of packages which also include dbus etc.. I just restarted and puzzled that GNOME Power Manager is a lot different now then it's used to be before the upgrade. First of all, it's systray logo is different. Then it's menu, it's options, everything about it are different. I can't see an upgrade in the pacman.log for gnome-power-manager but it's completely changed..

When I pull the AC power and work on the batteries, it doesn't change the status of the applet. So the applet is very useless right now.. Although it doesn't seem to be an applet while it can't be moved around or I can't change anything about it..

Before the upgrade, I was able to get information by simply right clicking on it selection Information.. But now, even that option is completely changed.. Is there something wrong ?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodiet?

#2 2007-02-06 08:52:54

cougar

Re: Gnome Power Manager after Last Upgrade

It's because the last HAL+DBUS upgrade was buggy. There are topics about that.
GPM is different because HAL daemon is dead.

#3 2007-02-06 11:08:07

vlaaad
Website

#4 2007-02-25 22:50:15

matchil

Hello.
Is the bug fixed already? I have some problems with gnome-power-manager, dbus and hal. After installing Gnome everything was just fine, after I reboot I cannot start HAL:

[root@ichi ~]# /etc/rc.d/hal start
:: Starting Hardware Abstraction Layer                                                                                                                                                                    [FAIL]
[root@ichi ~]# lshal
error: dbus_bus_get: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

gnome-power-manager gives msgbox with error about connecting to DBUS.

What is the issue?

#5 2007-02-25 22:58:07

JGC
Developer

Your dbus isn't running, though the hal script thinks it did. Just start dbus first in this case.

#6 2007-02-25 23:27:11

matchil

It was running. After restarting DBUS and doing START on HAL it just remains BUSY. I downgraded dbus, dbus-glib and hal and everything is ok. Dont know what was the reason thou hmm

Board footer