You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-23 02:57:53

smcsw2000

aur cinelerra not working?

I went to aur package and checked cinelerra. I pacman -S  all the dependencies first then I pacman -S cinelerra-cv-1042-2. everything went like it should everything was installed no conflicts. Now I cant find it in the file menu, the desktop or main menu. I do not know where it was installed to or what to fix for there were no readme's. The documentation does not indicate anything. Can anyone help or do I need to remove this package?

#2 2008-01-23 08:34:05

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: aur cinelerra not working?

Do a
pacman -Ql cinelerra-cv  | less
to list the package content. That way you'll get the name of the binaries.

#3 2008-01-23 15:30:19

smcsw2000

Tried pacman -Q cinelerra-cv | less and I got  cinelerra-cv 1042 end. Tried pacman -Q | cinelerra-cv | less and got nothing but end. rebooted and cinelerra came up in menu under multimedia. tried running it and nothing happened. Xsessions has the following
/usr/bin/cinelerra: error while loading shared libraries: libx264.so.55: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/cinelerra: error while loading shared libraries: libx264.so.55: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
QApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver
did pacman -Q x264 and got
X264  20071202-1
I have been having problems with the .so files for cups,cinelerra, xmms. cups and xmms still work slowly but there is still problems. what does .so extension do because I can't find it to edit or research it and how do I fix it?

#4 2008-01-23 15:43:05

MrWeatherbee

smcsw2000 wrote:

Tried pacman -Q cinelerra-cv | less and I got  cinelerra-cv 1042 end. Tried pacman -Q | cinelerra-cv | less and got nothing but end. rebooted and cinelerra came up in menu under multimedia. tried running it and nothing happened. Xsessions has the following
did pacman -Q x264 and got
X264  20071202-1
I have been having problems with the .so files for cups,cinelerra, xmms. cups and xmms still work slowly but there is still problems. what does .so extension do because I can't find it to edit or research it and how do I fix it?

Your best bet is to build from the AUR PKGBUILD.

Your installed version of libx264.so* will be libx264.so.57; doing a compile against your installed software will fix the shared library issue.

I just built Cinelerra-CV from the PKGBUILD this morning and everything went fine as far as I can tell. Cinelerra installs properly and runs, but I haven't used it much yet to see what gremlins I might encounter. The only extra step I encountered when initially running 'makepkg' was that I didn't have a build dependency installed (nasm), but that was easily resolved.

#5 2008-01-23 19:38:06

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

As MrWeatherbee said , you'll need to rebuild cinelerra-cv. Notify the TU who maintains it in community so he'll rebuilt the package.

To start cinelerra-cv, type cinelerra-cv in a terminal.

As for my command, you misstype it. The symbol after the 'Q' is the letter 'l', not the pipe symbol.

#6 2008-01-23 19:50:10

MrWeatherbee

Snowman wrote:

As MrWeatherbee said , you'll need to rebuild cinelerra-cv. Notify the TU who maintains it in community so he'll rebuilt the package.

To start cinelerra-cv, type cinelerra-cv in a terminal.

As for my command, you misstype it. The symbol after the 'Q' is the letter 'l', not the pipe symbol.

It actually runs with just 'cinelerra'. There isn't any 'cinelerra-cv' executable file installed nor any symlinks.

#7 2008-01-25 01:38:11

smcsw2000

Just when I thought I was beginning to get this linux down you all just blew me away, right over my head. As far as from building from the AUR PKGBUILD I thought that going to the cinlerra page in AUR and doing a packman on each of the dependencies then pacman on cinlerra was the way to do it or am I getting your meaning wrong? When you say that doing a compile for libx264.so.57will fix it (ugh) what do you mean by compiling it? I know that compiling is to take a program and convert it to machine language for the computer to use. but how do I compile a single file?? Rebooted and cinlerra came up on the menu but doesn't work.So do I compile ? and if so how? or do I remove the program (and dependencies) and reinstall? I feel so inferior right now. Thanks for the lessons so far.

#8 2008-01-25 03:26:21

MrWeatherbee

smcsw2000 wrote:

Just when I thought I was beginning to get this linux down you all just blew me away, right over my head. As far as from building from the AUR PKGBUILD I thought that going to the cinlerra page in AUR and doing a packman on each of the dependencies then pacman on cinlerra was the way to do it or am I getting your meaning wrong?

What you did is is no different than doing 'pacman -S cinelerra-cv' without visiting the AUR page. Just visiting the AUR page does not impart any magical power on pacman. smile

smcsw2000 wrote:

When you say that doing a compile for libx264.so.57will fix it (ugh) what do you mean by compiling it?

Sorry if what I said was confusing, but I didn't intend for you to interpret what I said as needing to compile 'libx264.so.57'. You need to compile / build cinelerra-cv.

Here is what is happening to you in a nutshell:

- cinelerra-cv was built by its package maintainer. The package was built / compiled with certain versions of its dependencies. Once the package was built, it was uploaded to the 'community' repo for you and everybody else to use. When a package is installed on a user's machine, the software may expect to find the same versions of its dependencies that were on the machine where the software was originally compiled;

- you installed the version of cinellera-cv from the community repo. That version of cinelerra-cv looks for an older version (libx264.so.55) of libx264.so.* on your machine;

- all might be well, except prior to installing cinelerra-cv, you upgraded x264 which still provides libx264.so.*, but it is now a later version: libx264.so.57 to be exact. Thus, when you try to run cinelerra, it looks for libx264.so.55 but it fails because your installed version is libx264.so.57.

In order to rectify this problem, you must compile  cinelerra-cv 'against' your installed versions of its dependencies so that it knows to look for libx264.so.57 instead of libx264.so.55.

To build cinelerra-cv:

- obtain the cinelerra-cv PKGBUILD file (one way is from the AUR page you already visited) and save it in '/var/abs/local/cinelerra-cv/'

- open a terminal and change the directory to wherever you saved the PKGBUILD file (/var/abs/local/cinelerra-cv/)

cd /var/abs/local/cinelerra-cv

- run the following command (as normal user)

makepkg -c

and follow any instructions you may get during the process.  The '-c' option cleans up no-longer-needed build files in the directory after it finishes, but it is not required.

Once the software is successfully compiled and packaged, switch to root and run this command:

pacman -U /var/abs/local/cinelerra-cv/cinelerra-cv-1047-2-i686.pkg.tar.gz

Exit from root.

Now you have a happy cinelerra installation because it was built using all your installed dependencies.

For anyone else who comes along, please clarify or correct anything you see fit as I was in a bit of a rush doing this (though I haven't posted anything dangerous as far as I can tell smile ). Also, this post does not pretend to provide generically true statements about all PKGBUILD processes or dependency issues, but focuses on the OPs particular case.

In the meantime, there are some excellent threads and wiki articles on the AUR / PKGBUILD process  that you should look for and read.

#9 2008-01-26 03:57:04

smcsw2000

Sorry to be stupid. I read the aur/pkgbuild wiki and the cinelerra-cvs aur page does not have a source to download or a tarball. If I go to http://cvs.cinelerra.org the link for getting cinelerra in  the archlinux takes me back to the aur/pkgbuild wiki. I could pacman -Sw cinelerra but reading the wiki for pacman that would download the package not the tarball. So reading your instructions I do not think that is what you mean. But I now understand that compiling makes a difference according to the packages originally written for and those used for installation. For general info when upgrading the system with pacman does the individual programs that are already installed reinitialize with the upgraded files or does some programs need to be recompiled?

#10 2008-01-26 10:58:22

MrWeatherbee

smcsw2000 wrote:

Sorry to be stupid. I read the aur/pkgbuild wiki and the cinelerra-cvs aur page does not have a source to download or a tarball. If I go to http://cvs.cinelerra.org the link for getting cinelerra in  the archlinux takes me back to the aur/pkgbuild wiki.

When an AUR package doesn't have a tarball to download containing the build files (you will likely see this on cvs, svn, git, etc. packages), there will be a link to the package build that downloads and renders in your browser. Just copy that and save it to a file called PKGBUILD in the directory I mentioned in my first post.

Here is the link to the cinelerra-cv AUR page:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?d … s=0&SeB=nd

Then from that page, you'll see a link labeled 'cvs':

http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcv … ag=CURRENT

Then on that page, there is a link labeled 'PKGBUILD' and one labeled '1.6'; click either (I supply the PKGBUILD link here):

http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcv … ag=CURRENT

On either of those pages, there is a 'download' link:

http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcv … text/plain

Click it, and depending on how you have mime-types set in your browser (I think), you will either get a normal 'save as' prompt or the page of text will render in your browser. If it's a 'save as' scenario, save the file as 'PKGBUILD' in the appropriate directory. If it renders the text in your browser, simply copy that text, paste it in an editor and save as 'PKGBUILD' in the appropriate directory.

Though there a number of ways to obtain the PKGBUILD file(s) (including some that are available on your local system depending on how you have ABS set-up), the point is to get the PKGBUILD on your system so you can run 'makepkg' against it as described in my first post and as described more fully in those wiki docs you read. I have to admit that the PKGBUILD files that are in version control (cvs, svn, etc.), are a bit of a pain to get at compared to simply downloading a tarball from the main page, and the multiple links can be a bit confusing.

I'll go ahead and paste the latest PKGBUILD here for you convenience, but I recommend going back through the linked pages above to see where I got this from:

# $Id: PKGBUILD,v 1.6 2007/12/05 19:37:34 swiergot Exp $
# Contributor: Jaroslaw Swierczynski <swiergot@juvepoland.com>

pkgname=cinelerra-cv
pkgver=1042
pkgrel=2
pkgdesc="A complete audio and video production environment for Linux"
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
url="http://cvs.cinelerra.org/"
license=('GPL')
conflicts=('cinelerra' 'cinelerra-cvs' 'cinelerra-svn')
replaces=('cinelerra-cvs' 'cinelerra-svn')
makedepends=('subversion' 'pkgconfig' 'nasm')
depends=('a52dec' 'faac' 'fftw' 'lame' 'libavc1394' 'faad2' 'mjpegtools' 'openexr' 'libtheora' 'libiec61883' 'e2fsprogs' 'libtiff' 'libsndfile' 'esd' 'libvorbis' 'x264')
options=('!libtool')
source=()
md5sums=()

_svntrunk="svn://svn.skolelinux.org/cinelerra/trunk/hvirtual"
_svnmod="hvirtual"

build() {
  cd $startdir/src

touch ~/.subversion
  svn co $_svntrunk --config-dir ./ -r $pkgver $_svnmod

msg "SVN checkout done or server timeout"
  msg "Starting make..."

cp -r $_svnmod $_svnmod-build
  cd $_svnmod-build

./autogen.sh -i
  #Arch64 mmx fix
  if [ "$CARCH" = "x86_64" ]; then
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-buildinfo=svn/recompile --disable-mmx
  else
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-buildinfo=svn/recompile --enable-mmx
  fi
  make || return 1
  make DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg install
}

I could pacman -Sw cinelerra but reading the wiki for pacman that would download the package not the tarball. So reading your instructions I do not think that is what you mean.

That would simply download the same package from community that you already installed (it downloads it and you would have to run another command to install it). And we already know that package does not work for you.

But I now understand that compiling makes a difference according to the packages originally written for and those used for installation. For general info when upgrading the system with pacman does the individual programs that are already installed reinitialize with the upgraded files or does some programs need to be recompiled?

Some packages require very specific versions of dependencies; some packages don't and provide wider latitude. However, if a package requires some version of a dependency that is not on your system, you will either find out during installation (best scenario), or you will find out via an error message as you did in this case. You have a couple of choices at that point: wait until the maintainer catches up and provides the newly compiled / built package or you can do it yourself as you are attempting to do here.

I think you'll get it this time. If not, just post back.

Last edited by MrWeatherbee (2008-01-26 11:03:24)

#11 2008-01-27 03:03:58

smcsw2000

Thanks for the patience and lessons. I thought the pkgbuild in the aur was code that you experienced guys were listing and going over. I did as you said and can follow the rest of the directions. but when I did makepkg -c this is what I got
[andrew@cmehil cinlerra-cv]$ makepkg -c
==> Entering fakeroot environment
==> Making package: cinelerra-cv 1042-2 (Sat Jan 26 21:00:24 PST 2008)
==> Checking Runtime Dependencies...
==> Checking Buildtime Dependencies...

==> Missing Dependencies:
   -> subversion
==> ERROR: could not resolve all dependencies.
I can follow most of it but I do not know what a subversion dependency is because I made sure I pacman -S all the dependencies before I tried pacman cinelerra-cv

#12 2008-01-27 03:49:53

MrWeatherbee

smcsw2000 wrote:

Thanks for the patience and lessons. I thought the pkgbuild in the aur was code that you experienced guys were listing and going over. I did as you said and can follow the rest of the directions. but when I did makepkg -c this is what I got
==> Entering fakeroot environment
==> Making package: cinelerra-cv 1042-2 (Sat Jan 26 21:00:24 PST 2008)

==> Missing Dependencies:
   -> subversion
==> ERROR: could not resolve all dependencies.
I can follow most of it but I do not know what a subversion dependency is because I made sure I pacman -S all the dependencies before I tried pacman cinelerra-cv

Notice that your output indicates the build process is checking for Runtime and Buildtime dependencies. The build dependencies are identified in the PKGBUILD by this line:

makedepends=('subversion' 'pkgconfig' 'nasm')

Subversion is one of many revision control systems:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revision_control
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subversion_%28software%29

Subversion in this case is a 'buildtime' dependency simply because this particular PKGBUILD gets its source code from a Subversion trunk:

_svntrunk="svn://svn.skolelinux.org/cinelerra/trunk/hvirtual"

and thus Subversion is required during buildtime to download the source code. Just do:

pacman -S subversion

Then run 'makepkg -c' again and let us know how things went. Just FYI (and to reiterate since I mentioned it earlier), I also had a buildtime dependency that was unmet when I first ran 'makepkg -c', but it wasn't Subversion because I already had that installed on my system; my unmet dependency happened to be 'nasm'. You may have other unmet dependencies as well, so just follow the directions as you go along.

#13 2008-01-27 20:53:25

smcsw2000

did a pacman -S subversion and then changed directory, then did makepkg -c this is the result
[root@cmehil cinlerra-cv]# makepkg -c
==> Making package: cinelerra-cv 1042-2 (Sun Jan 27 14:23:06 PST 2008)
==> Retrieving Sources...
==> Validating source files with md5sums
==> Extracting Sources...
==> Starting build()...
svn: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
==> SVN checkout done or server timeout
==> Starting make...
cp: cannot stat `hvirtual': No such file or directory
PKGBUILD: line 33: cd: hvirtual-build: No such file or directory
PKGBUILD: line 35: ./autogen.sh: No such file or directory
PKGBUILD: line 40: ./configure: No such file or directory
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...
[root@cmehil cinlerra-cv]#
checked with pacman -Q and did not find a libdb file of any type. These are the libd* files that I have
libdaemon 0.12-1
libdatrie 0.1.2-1
libdmx 1.0.2-1
libdownload 1.1-1
libdrm 2.3.0-1
libdv 1.0.0-1
libdvdcss 1.2.9-2
do not have a hvirtual. I take it that autogen.sh and ./ configure are parts of program that will be generated by the subversion and will work if the previous files are found? Do I need to pacman -S libdb-4.5 or is this part of another library?

#14 2008-01-28 17:01:51

MrWeatherbee

smcsw2000 wrote:

did a pacman -S subversion and then changed directory, then did makepkg -c this is the result
[root@cmehil cinlerra-cv]# makepkg -c
==> Making package: cinelerra-cv 1042-2 (Sun Jan 27 14:23:06 PST 2008)
==> Validating source files with md5sums
==> Starting build()...
svn: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
==> Starting make...
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...
[root@cmehil cinlerra-cv]#
checked with pacman -Q and did not find a libdb file of any type. These are the libd* files that I have
libdaemon 0.12-1
libdatrie 0.1.2-1
libdmx 1.0.2-1
libdownload 1.1-1
libdrm 2.3.0-1
libdv 1.0.0-1
libdvdcss 1.2.9-2
do not have a hvirtual. I take it that autogen.sh and ./ configure are parts of program that will be generated by the subversion and will work if the previous files are found? Do I need to pacman -S libdb-4.5 or is this part of another library?

First of all, don't run 'makepkg' as root. Sorry for the bold emphasis, but that is very important. If you have to stop in the middle to install something as root, be sure to switch back to your normal user before doing the build.

As far as 'libdb-*.so' ... that file is part of the core package, 'db':

http://www.archlinux.org/packages/13271/

so you must have it installed. However, the latest version is 'libdb-4.6.so' (from 'db' version 4.6.21-2), and it is likely that the latest version of 'subversion' needs libdb-4.6.so (not libdb-4.5.so, which is what you have installed).

The reason you got all those other not found messages:

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...

is because 'subversion' failed and nothing was downloaded from the SVN trunk, and therefore when 'makepkg' went to find the files in the build / source directory, it could not find what it needed.

My suggestion now is to be sure your system is up-to-date when you install software. So do this now:

pacman -Syu

or for now, at the very least, make sure you have the latest 'db' package:

pacman -Sy db

Then try the 'makepkg' process again. Be sure you:

- 'cd' to the build directory
-  are not root when you build (you will need to be root only after the build is complete and you are ready to install the package)

Good luck.

Last edited by MrWeatherbee (2008-01-28 17:04:55)

#15 2008-01-29 02:10:41

smcsw2000

Did pacman -Sy and came up with needing to install newer version of pacman. Did pacman -Sy db. It said to get the new versions from Berkley db database ??Why when I pacman -S db and got db 4.6.21-2. Then I got out of root and went to the cinelerra-cv directory and did a
makepkg -c with these results
==> Determining latest svn revision...
==> Making package: cinelerra-cv 1042-2  (Mon Jan 28 19:59:27 PST 2008)
==> Validating source files with md5sums...
==> Removing existing pkg/ directory...
==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting build()...
==> Starting make...
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...
Now do I need to install the older version of db ie.. 4.5 or was I supposed to do something else after I installed db 4.6.21-2
I am hesitant to do a system update until I learn more because I did a system update and everything went blank I got the white screen of death, had to reinstall everything , disconnect a hard drive etc.. and am still in the process of getting everything back the way it was. But I am learning and making notes as I go.

#16 2008-01-30 10:14:31

MrWeatherbee

smcsw2000 wrote:

Did pacman -Sy and came up with needing to install newer version of pacman. Did pacman -Sy db. It said to get the new versions from Berkley db database ?? Why when I pacman -S db and got db 4.6.21-2.

The message you received appears with each update of the 'db' (see the 'db.install' file):

echo "ATTENTION DB PACKAGE:"
  echo  "Please consider to run db_upgrade on Berkeley DB databases with a major db version number update."

You will get that message no matter which command you use to install the package.

smcsw2000 wrote:

Then I got out of root and went to the cinelerra-cv directory and did a
makepkg -c with these results
< *** snip output *** >
< *** snip output *** >
==> Starting make...
    Aborting...

Now do I need to install the older version of db ie.. 4.5 or was I supposed to do something else after I installed db 4.6.21-2
I am hesitant to do a system update until I learn more because I did a system update and everything went blank I got the white screen of death, had to reinstall everything , disconnect a hard drive etc.. and am still in the process of getting everything back the way it was. But I am learning and making notes as I go.

For the latest version of 'subversion' (which requires neon), you need the latest version of 'db' (which provides 'libdb-4.6.so'). It is possible that your hesitancy to do a full-system upgrade is complicating your efforts since the 'db' package is a very key component of the system. Piece-meal upgrades when key components are involved are probably not the best way to proceed even for people who really know what they are doing.

However, just to see what versions you have installed to satisfy your curiosity, you can run:

pacman -Qi subversion db neon

You can also do this to determine the shared library dependencies:

ldd /usr/bin/svn | grep libdb

My output for the 'ldd' command is:

libdb-4.6.so => /usr/lib/libdb-4.6.so (0xb7cc6000)

One long shot may be that a reboot is required since the 'db' package is such an integral part of the system (Linux heresy, I know), but why not give it a try.

Anyway, having said all that, I am not willing to go further in my recommendations as I do not want to take responsibility for an unusable system if something happens that you don't have the experience to recover from. Better to have no cinelerra for now than a hosed system.

#17 2008-01-31 02:37:48

smcsw2000

rebooted went to the console and this is what I got
andrew@cmehil ~]$ ldd /usr/bin/svn | grep libdb
        libdb-4.6.so => /usr/lib/libdb-4.6.so (0xb7cd3000)
        libdb-4.5.so => not found
then
[andrew@cmehil ~]$ pacman -Qi subversion db neon
Name           : subversion
Version        : 1.4.5-2
URL            : http://subversion.tigris.org/
Licenses       : None
Groups         : None
Provides       : svn
Depends On     : neon>=0.27.0-2  apr-util>=1.2.7-2
Optional Deps  : None
Required By    : None
Conflicts With : None
Replaces       : None
Installed Size : 16436.81 K
Packager       : Tobias Powalowski <tpowa@archlinux.org>
Architecture   : i686
Build Date     : Sat 29 Sep 2007 04:49:31 PM PDT
Install Date   : Sun 27 Jan 2008 10:18:31 PM PST
Install Reason : Explicitly installed
Install Script : No
Description    : Replacement for CVS, another versioning system (svn)

Name           : db
Version        : 4.6.21-2
URL            : http://www.oracle.com/technology/softwa … index.html
Licenses       : custom
Groups         : base
Provides       : None
Depends On     : gcc-libs  coreutils
Required By    : apache  apr-util  cvs  cyrus-sasl  cyrus-sasl-plugins  exim
                 heimdal  iproute  kdeaddons  kdebase  kdelibs  kdesdk
                 libsasl  neon  openldap  pam  perl  python  python24  ruby
                 samba  smbclient  wireshark  wvstreams
Installed Size : 9008.82 K
Packager       : Arch Linux (http://www.archlinux.org)
Build Date     : Thu 15 Nov 2007 06:20:20 PM PST
Install Date   : Mon 28 Jan 2008 07:54:03 PM PST
Install Reason : Explicitly installed
Install Script : Yes
Description    : The Berkeley DB embedded database system

Name           : neon
Version        : 0.27.2-1
URL            : http://www.webdav.org/neon/
Licenses       : GPL  LGPL
Groups         : None
Provides       : None
Depends On     : libxml2  openssl  heimdal  zlib  expat  db
Required By    : openoffice-base  subversion
Installed Size : 467.46 K
Packager       : Arch Linux (http://www.archlinux.org)
Build Date     : Fri 26 Oct 2007 05:18:10 PM PDT
Install Date   : Mon 07 Jan 2008 01:25:21 AM PST
Install Reason : Installed as a dependency for another package
Install Script : No
Description    : HTTP and WebDAV client library with a C interface
went back to the directory and ran makepkg -c and got theis again
==> Making package: cinelerra-cv 1042-2  (Wed Jan 30 20:31:49 PST 2008)
==> Validating source files with md5sums...
==> Removing existing pkg/ directory...
==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting build()...
==> Starting make...
    Aborting...
last question could it be that the subversion is looking for libdb-4.5 and can not use libdb-4.6?? Thanks for all the help and lessons.

#18 2008-01-31 07:51:59

MrWeatherbee

smcsw2000 wrote:

rebooted went to the console and this is what I got
andrew@cmehil ~]$ ldd /usr/bin/svn | grep libdb
        libdb-4.6.so => /usr/lib/libdb-4.6.so (0xb7cd3000)
        libdb-4.5.so => not found
then
[andrew@cmehil ~]$ pacman -Qi subversion db neon
Name           : subversion
Version        : 1.4.5-2
<*** snip ***>

Name           : db
Version        : 4.6.21-2
<*** snip ***>

Name           : neon
Version        : 0.27.2-1
<*** snip ***>

<*** snip ***>
    Aborting...
last question could it be that the subversion is looking for libdb-4.5 and can not use libdb-4.6?? Thanks for all the help and lessons.

Try uninstalling 'subversion' and then reinstalling to see if that removes the "libdb-4.5.so => not found" error.

Also, though this may already be the case, remove any files or directories in your 'cinelerra-cv' directory that were created by the build process but left behind after your aborted 'makepkg -c' runs (i.e., for this particular package build process, just have the PKGBUILD file in the directory before running each 'makepkg -c' attempt).

Board footer