You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-21 01:24:42

handy

[SOLVED] Kernel bug fix, works for me!

Having been hit by the kernel bug that interferes with internet access & having to downgrade the kernel to escape the bug.  I am happy to say that after reading a bug report on the subject here:

http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11721

Courtesy of a link posted by Misfit138, cool I found deep down in the report dialogue that the following command as root, worked for the poster of the bug:

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_timestamps

So I did a yaourt -Syu & found amongst other packages a minor kernel update, which did not solve my internet problems, but after su, & then entering the above command in the Terminal my internet works as it should! big_smilecool

If this solution works for you, then add the following to your /etc/sysctl.conf:

#Temporary workaround for tcp issue with 2.6.27
net.ipv4.tcp_timestamps = 0

Thanks again Misfit138 smile

I hope this solution works for all of the other bug bitten members of the Arch (& Linux) community!

Last edited by handy (2008-10-21 05:19:03)

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.
Well, now I don't find it refreshing.
I'm over it!

#2 2008-10-21 20:25:06

RabidWolf
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Kernel bug fix, works for me!

THANX !!!  Works like normal again smile
I saw that bug report too, just didnt know how to try it out, thanx so much for the helpful explanation.

Regards,
rabid0

Last edited by RabidWolf (2008-10-21 20:26:23)

#3 2008-10-21 21:55:02

handy

Re: [SOLVED] Kernel bug fix, works for me!

My pleasure, thanks for letting me know that it helped someone else too! smile

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.
Well, now I don't find it refreshing.
I'm over it!

Board footer