You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-10 12:43:58

rich_o

please note original maintainer when moving pkg to community

Hello,

i maintain the package subdl in AUR. Well, at least i did before it got moved to community. Despite the fact, that subdl is a really great programm (really, have a look at it if you don't like horribly dubbed movies but are too lazy to search for the right subtitle), i was kind of surprised of that as it got only 1 vote so far and is now marked orphaned in community. I don't really understand that, but i'm ok with it as long as people can use it (have i told you that i really like that program? If you've ever watched a german dubbed version of any non-german movie, you know the pain. But being no native english speaker, english subtitles come really handy to support my temporary lack of not understanding the spoken word of, for example, Bodie Broadus or Jeliza-Rose in the original movies. So subdl helps me saving my time and improves my english. Wow! )

Anyway, could it be possible to be noted about that move as the old maintainer? Would be kind of, ehm, kind.

Thanks for listening.

rich

#2 2008-11-10 13:13:28

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: please note original maintainer when moving pkg to community

I agree and have made a post to the aur-general mailing list asking TUs to do this.

#3 2008-11-10 13:13:45

louipc

If you have a look at the PKGBUILD you are indeed mentioned as a contributor.
http://repos.archlinux.org/viewvc.cgi/c … ev=CURRENT

#4 2008-11-10 13:37:42

rich_o

Hello,

@Allan: Thank you!

@louipc: It's nice to be mentioned as a contributor, but to be honest, i don't really care. What i really want is the program to be available for you, my fellow arch linux users. My only problem is that i didn't get any note and that that would be really kind for all the people who contributed community worthy packages to AUR. You know, a few words like "hey, great package, i adopted it and moved it to community. thanks for maintaining it to this point" would be really cool and motivating. That's all.

rich

Board footer