You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Hello! I am new to arch linux and I have tried installing mullvad vpn. My friend also has arch and it works for him. He told me to install it with pacman and I did. The app runs fine but I can't log in or connect cause I get the message ''Unable to contact the Mullvad system service, your connection might be unsecure''. I have no idea what is wrong and neither does my friend. Any ideas?
Offline
new to arch linux and I have tried installing mullvad vpnHow?
Which setup, steps, commands have you completed or not?
Does running 'pacman -F mullvad-daemon.service' offer any clues?
What's the output of 'systemctl status mullvad-daemon.service'?
Also see: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/System … mctl_usage
Any ideas?Ask your/your friends parents, teacher, other friends or better yet read: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Mullvad
What's your config, which wiki steps did you follow or having difficulty with?
Where are you with troubleshooting?
I initially messed with the crappy 'for Android' like gui thingy but removed it for manual config.
I'm in Nairobi/Mombasa on vacation and optionally using Mullvad on my cellular travel router.
Installed wireguard on the Arch laptop to connect to either my US based home system or my Mullvad
service via NM applet. Both working as expected.
FYI: You need to manually configure it.
To get accurate help you'll need to describe your setup at least.
You'll also likely need to dive in and show you made more of an effort than this post.
grep -m1 'model name' /proc/cpuinfo : AMD Ryzen 7 8745HS w/ Radeon 780M Graphics
grep -m1 'model name' /proc/cpuinfo : AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 2400GE w/ Radeon Vega Graphics grep -m1 'model
grep -m1 'model name' /proc/cpuinfo : AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U with Radeon Graphics
grep -m1 cpu /proc/cpuinfo : MIPS 24Kc V7.4
Offline
Hey,
Did you start mullvad-daemon.service before starting the app? I often forget to do it so if you don't do it it's probably the solution to your problem. To run this command type in terminal :
``systemctl start mullvad-daemon.service``
Hoping that it can help you! ![]()
Offline
Pages: 1