You are not logged in.

#651 2010-11-05 11:08:12

bjesus

Re: jumanji - a web browser

electricshoes wrote:

can dpi be set through jumanjirc?

set 96dpi true

This does not work in the config. The command does work from Jumanji however.

did anyone got this working? I can't stand my fonts are so huge and typing "set 96dpi true" everytime sucks.

#652 2010-11-05 11:32:23

karol
Archivist

bjesus wrote:
electricshoes wrote:

can dpi be set through jumanjirc?

set 96dpi true

This does not work in the config. The command does work from Jumanji however.

did anyone got this working? I can't stand my fonts are so huge and typing "set 96dpi true" everytime sucks.

Do the fonts look OK in other browsers? Have you set 96 dpi in .xinitrc or somewhere else?

#653 2010-11-10 15:36:14

nXqd

How can I set mutiple homepages ?
Does jumanji has private browsing mode ?

My another questions are the bookmarklet integration and the custom bokkmark names.

Thanks first smile

Last edited by nXqd (2010-11-10 17:01:25)

When you live for a strong purpose, then hard work isn't an option. It's a necessity. - Steve Pavlina
dotFiles

#654 2010-11-13 20:59:13

skottish
Forum Fellow

I was doing some testing with jumanji to see if I could could confirm some bugs in vimprobable2. Within an hour I deleted vimprobable2 and had jumanji almost completely configured. This browser is precisely what I want. Thanks to all of the people working on it.

The one question that I have that I can't find an answer for is is there any way to treat cookies as session cookies? I know that privacy browsing keeps the history from being written out and I'd like the same for cookies. I could wrap everything up in a script, but I'd rather have it internal.

Last edited by skottish (2010-11-13 20:59:40)

#655 2010-11-16 21:57:11

rennis250

I'm having some difficulty with the browser.  It was working fine for a period of time and I loved it, but now, it no longer loads websites through the HTTPS protocol, nor does the start page load at first.  I need to reload the initial page to get the start page to load and HTTPS works for other browsers on the same system and on the same network, so it can't be anything to do with firewall settings.  (I turned off my firewall and added options to allow jumanji complete access to the internet, but this does not change either of the issues that I have mentioned.)  I've upgraded the browser to the latest git-version, but this did not help either.  I'm using privoxy, but this didn't cause any problems before, so I am not sure if this could be the cause.  Thanks for any help!

--Rob

#656 2010-11-17 02:10:34

skottish
Forum Fellow

rennis250 wrote:

I'm having some difficulty with the browser.  It was working fine for a period of time and I loved it, but now, it no longer loads websites through the HTTPS protocol, nor does the start page load at first.  I need to reload the initial page to get the start page to load and HTTPS works for other browsers on the same system and on the same network, so it can't be anything to do with firewall settings.  (I turned off my firewall and added options to allow jumanji complete access to the internet, but this does not change either of the issues that I have mentioned.)  I've upgraded the browser to the latest git-version, but this did not help either.  I'm using privoxy, but this didn't cause any problems before, so I am not sure if this could be the cause.  Thanks for any help!

--Rob

That's a libsoup problem. You'll either need to downgrade it from 2.32 to 2.30 or stop working behind privoxy (privoxy here also). I have a bug report at gnome and they're looking into it. Until then, this is a fully functional PKGBUILD:

# $Id: PKGBUILD 91809 2010-09-28 06:59:02Z jgc $
# Maintainer: Jan de Groot <jgc@archlinux.org>

pkgbase=libsoup
pkgname=('libsoup' 'libsoup-gnome')
pkgver=2.30.2
pkgrel=1
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
license=('LGPL')
makedepends=('glib2>=2.26.0' 'gnutls>=2.8.6' 'libxml2>=2.7.7' 'libproxy>=0.4.6' 'sqlite3>=3.7.2' 'gconf>=2.32.0' 'libgnome-keyring>=2.32.0' 'intltool' 'pkg-config' 'gobject-introspection>=0.9.6')
url="http://www.gnome.org"
source=(http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/${pkgbase}/2.30/${pkgbase}-${pkgver}.tar.bz2)
options=('!libtool' '!emptydirs')

build() {
  cd "${srcdir}/${pkgbase}-${pkgver}"
  ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc \
      --localstatedir=/var --disable-static
  make
}

package_libsoup() {
  pkgdesc="GNOME HTTP Library - base library"
  depends=('glib2>=2.26.0' 'libxml2>=2.7.7' 'gnutls>=2.8.6')

make DESTDIR="${pkgdir}" install
  rm -f "${pkgdir}"/usr/lib/libsoup-gnome-2.4.*
  rm -f "${pkgdir}/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libsoup-gnome-2.4.pc"
  rm -rf "${pkgdir}/usr/include/libsoup-gnome-2.4"
  rm -f "${pkgdir}/usr/lib/girepository-1.0/SoupGNOME-2.4.typelib"
}

package_libsoup-gnome() {
  pkgdesc="GNOME HTTP Library - GNOME libraries"
  depends=("libsoup=${pkgver}" 'libproxy>=0.4.6' 'libgnome-keyring>=2.32.0' 'gconf>=2.32.0')

make DESTDIR="${pkgdir}"  install
  rm -f "${pkgdir}"/usr/lib/libsoup-2.4.*
  rm -f "${pkgdir}/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libsoup-2.4.pc"
  rm -rf "${pkgdir}/usr/include/libsoup-2.4"
  rm -rf "${pkgdir}/usr/share"
  rm -f "${pkgdir}/usr/lib/girepository-1.0/Soup-2.4.typelib"
}
md5sums=('f33b62063e76a9b1d5503363a3ed6a84')

Last edited by skottish (2010-11-17 02:11:57)

#657 2010-11-22 21:12:08

rennis250

Ah, thanks for the help! Glad to have it working again. smile

#658 2010-11-25 11:15:46

milomouse
Website

not sure if this was dealt with earlier (i tried scanning each page before posting but could have missed it, also i'm just coming back to really looking at jumanji) but is there a way to create or remap a command in the jumanjirc file or do i have to do them all in config.h? e.g. close = cmd_quitall, etc.. not a big deal if this isn't possible yet (or ever).

as far as the new hinting branch, does it still need a patched libwebkit (which i read early on in the thread) because i can't get it to compile with mine (webkitgtk 1.3.6 with some personal configuration options.. nothing major, also tried older 1.3.{4,5}).

ja minor curiosity, does download_command "need" a terminal emulator to spawn in or can i just call my shell + downloader?
edit: so using the download_command seems to work without a terminal emulator, just wondering if that was some sort of safety net or something.

Last edited by milomouse (2010-11-25 22:38:26)

#659 2010-11-25 14:16:07

rich_o

hi,

i really like jumanji, especially on my netbook. But i have a few problems/questions:

1. I can't navigate in dropdown-menues by entering the first few characters. For example, choose the "cheddar"-menu on http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/mechanize/example.html. I'm used to type "l" to jump to "leicester", but it doesn't work with jumanji. Nothing to serious on this example, but think of menues with a few dozen or even hundreds of entries.

2. Can someone explain feature #5 on the current roadmap? What can i do with it, i.e. what input/output is possible?

3. Any ideas how i can realize some kind of (semi-)automatic formfiller for logins etc?

4. I have some problems with a htaccess-secured forum. First, i have to enter the htaccess-credentials, then i can enter the forum-credentials. But, after that, in most cases i have to re-enter the htaccess-credentials and in some cases, i even have to re-enter the forum-credentials after that. Pretty annoying.

Thanks (for answers and jumanji),
rich_o

#660 2010-11-25 18:52:15

portix

I think 1. is webkit-related, this won't work with any webkit-browser, and afaik 3. is not possible at the moment since it is only possible to manipulate the content of a webpage via javascript and there is no possibility to access files from javascript. So the only chance would be to write a script in javascript with hardcoded forms-information (but i am not a developer of jumanji and maybe i am wrong at this point).

#661 2010-11-26 07:27:12

neldoreth

Hello,

rich_o wrote:

2. Can someone explain feature #5 on the current roadmap? What can i do with it, i.e. what input/output is possible?

You can call any program with the current url.

rich_o wrote:

3. Any ideas how i can realize some kind of (semi-)automatic formfiller for logins etc?

Lets wait for a newer official webkit version that finally includes our patch.

rich_o wrote:

4. I have some problems with a htaccess-secured forum. First, i have to enter the htaccess-credentials, then i can enter the forum-credentials. But, after that, in most cases i have to re-enter the htaccess-credentials and in some cases, i even have to re-enter the forum-credentials after that. Pretty annoying.

I guess this is related to all the other cookie stuff.

milomouse wrote:

as far as the new hinting branch, does it still need a patched libwebkit (which i read early on in the thread) because i can't get it to compile with mine (webkitgtk 1.3.6 with some personal configuration options.. nothing major, also tried older 1.3.{4,5}).

I guess this version (development release) should already include the patches. I will check that out soon.

Best regards

pwmt.org : programs with movie titles

#662 2010-11-26 08:39:07

neldoreth

Hello again,

The hinting branch now works just fine with the development release of libwebkit (1.3.6) - I have created a 64-bit package for archlinux: http://ompldr.org/vNmJleg.

Best regards

#663 2010-11-26 18:38:51

bangkok_manouel

neldoreth wrote:

Hello again,

The hinting branch now works just fine with the development release of libwebkit (1.3.6) - I have created a 64-bit package for archlinux: http://ompldr.org/vNmJleg.

Best regards

hmm this is what i get... is it just me? this is with webkit r72487
tNmJrZQ

Last edited by bangkok_manouel (2010-11-26 18:39:55)

#664 2010-11-26 19:28:33

neldoreth

Hello,

bangkok_manouel wrote:

hmm this is what i get... is it just me? this is with webkit r72487

Yes, it lacks some fine tuning, because it never worked with the webkit releases before - So we did not maintain it, but at least it works a bit wink

Best regards

#665 2010-11-27 01:10:58

nXqd

Does undo close tab implement in jumanji smile
I try to Ctrl+Shift+T and press "u" , but they don't work.

I've found that jumanji navigates howtonode.org slowly.

nXqd

Last edited by nXqd (2010-11-27 01:15:33)

When you live for a strong purpose, then hard work isn't an option. It's a necessity. - Steve Pavlina
dotFiles

#666 2010-11-27 04:18:28

bangkok_manouel

nXqd wrote:

http://pwmt.org/issues/8

#667 2010-11-28 06:06:29

nXqd

bangkok_manouel wrote:
nXqd wrote:

http://pwmt.org/issues/8

Thanks for your information smile

dotFiles

#668 2010-11-29 02:04:04

milomouse
Website

I get the same results as bangkok_manouel for hinting branch but that's okay. Just so long as it's a possibility now. No javascript = nice.

I don't know if I should post a "feature" request on the tracker but figured I'd brainstorm here first. Would it be too much to display a sort of "buffer list" instead of (and/or) using a tabbar? When I used Firefox you could hit <Shift>b and it would pop up a list of open windows(tabs) at the command bar. I think it would be a little sleeker than a tabbar but that's just MHO.

Also be nice to hit <Alt>[0-9] to select tabbed windows, or is this already implemented somewhere else?

--

As a side comment (not directly related to Jumanji):

Currently using JumNav which is just fine (a little slow as it reads* all links but I much prefer using alphabetical keys as opposed to numerical as it's faster and more intuitive). Also like how it eliminates unselected hints after hitting first key in a sequence to help clear the screen space. (e.g. with lots of links they're "gg, gh, gj" etc. so hitting "g" reduces all matching to "g, h, j") Thanks for this contribution, benarcher. :}

*The only thing is that it doesn't <display> all link highlights even though I can still press them. A good example, in my experience, is the "Subscribe to this topic" link at the bottom of a forum topic (and links on the same axis (e.g. Index >> Community Contributions..)). I press "f" and it shows keycodes above each link except for those but I can still press them if I determine which they are.. (e.g. K is the first keycode for the link below it, so I know it's J since it's alphabetic). Not sure what's up with that but thought I'd mention it.

#669 2010-11-29 13:13:51

nXqd

• Firstly, I find that "yy" - yanked current url seems not work. I can't past my yanked url to anywhere .

• Secondly how can I :bmark a bookmarklet ?

• One more, jumanji closes immediately after I entering 5giay.vn [ shop forum ] 

• I've just gone mad after jumanji closes and I lost all my opened sites.

• And middle mouse scrolling ? Is this available in jumanji ?

Thanks first smile

Last edited by nXqd (2010-11-29 14:43:12)

dotFiles

#670 2010-11-29 15:09:30

milomouse
Website

nXqd wrote:

Firstly, I find that "yy" - yanked current url seems not work. I can't past my yanked url to anywhere

pretty sure it goes to the Primary selection after being yanked. depending on where you want to paste it, after yank i would do:

xclip -selection primary -o | xclip -selection clipboard -i

I think when you initially yank it you can hold <Shift><Insert> to paste in some places. otherwise you'll have to put it into clipboard so you can right click and paste. this is just from my experience, anyway.

#671 2010-11-29 15:54:25

nXqd

milomouse wrote:
nXqd wrote:

Firstly, I find that "yy" - yanked current url seems not work. I can't past my yanked url to anywhere

pretty sure it goes to the Primary selection after being yanked. depending on where you want to paste it, after yank i would do:

xclip -selection primary -o | xclip -selection clipboard -i

I think when you initially yank it you can hold <Shift><Insert> to paste in some places. otherwise you'll have to put it into clipboard so you can right click and paste. this is just from my experience, anyway.

I can do it in simpler way: after yy > I can select url from status bar and paste it to anywhere. But in this way, "yy" command doesn't make any sense .

dotFiles

#672 2010-12-02 05:59:12

nXqd

nXqd wrote:
  • Firstly, I find that "yy" - yanked current url seems not work. I can't past my yanked url to anywhere .

• Secondly how can I :bmark a bookmarklet ?

• One more, jumanji closes immediately after I entering 5giay.vn [ shop forum ] 

• I've just gone mad after jumanji closes and I lost all my opened sites.

• And middle mouse scrolling ? Is this available in jumanji ?

Thanks first smile

One more feature request :  A simple script which shows email at jumanji status is gonna be great.
Maybe you're busy at working on jumanji. I'll wait for your replies smile

dotFiles

#673 2010-12-02 09:46:45

cf8

>> A simple script which shows email at jumanji status is gonna be great.
What for? Let your wm/panel do it instead!

#674 2010-12-02 14:06:54

bangkok_manouel

also please use pwmt.org for bugs/requests as devs may or may not visit AL formus. thanks.

#675 2010-12-05 17:28:27

bangkok_manouel

i'm using quite a lot of development versions of many packages on my machine so I'll post here first before opening any bug because I have no idea where does this really comes from. when drag'n'dropping a link (which should do nothing), jumanji crashes instantly.

The program 'jumanji' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 3050 error_code 4 request_code 2 minor_code 0)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

Board footer