You are not logged in.

#26 2010-07-16 19:40:41

Website

Re: Archcleaner?

Reading trough all the thread I find that maybe that -Qdt might me dangerous, will that command uninstall NEEDED dependencies?

Also im making the script cause I find every OS has trash that needs to be purged in a weekly basis. I have used 5 or so linux distros and they all require cleaning of some sort, not to mention Micrapsoft that u need to do daily to free Gigs of crap lol.

Also, is there a way the script tells me at the end how many space was freed?

I do think arch requires less maintenance in this way and more maintenance in upgrading and stuff like that. If i can compute in some way the total amount freed with this script then I could decide if the script is worth it or not.

And regarding trashes, only users are me and root, so its cool to empty every trash.

Linux user #498977
With microsoft you get windows and gates, with linux you get the whole house!
My Blog about ArchLinux and other stuff

#27 2010-07-16 19:56:55

karol
Archivist

655321 wrote:

Also, is there a way the script tells me at the end how many space was freed?

The easiest way to calculate is the difference of free space before the cleaning and after. I don't see the point of deciding if it's worth it or not - there's not much "work" involved in removing some number of files: you generate the list of files and remove them.

I _still_ don't understand what do you refer to as trash: some movies you downloaded, watched and discarded?

#28 2010-07-17 05:22:24

Website

Trash = trash folder or recycle bin, whatever you want to call it big_smile

Linux user #498977
With microsoft you get windows and gates, with linux you get the whole house!
My Blog about ArchLinux and other stuff

Board footer