You are not logged in.

#51 2010-11-15 05:47:19

listdata
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Xorg 1.9 + qt 4.7 + nvidia + xinerama = Xorg segfault

Good news, all!

I just received word that the patch has been merged into the mainline xserver tree! It is commit 78f94f19aab66a1e5331df0ce29f36e310b4195d. You can see for yourself at http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserve … e310b4195d.

Ochi, please mark this thread as SOLVED.

#52 2010-11-16 21:17:54

finne

listdata wrote:

@finne: Scroll down into your logs (posts #46 and #49). Read the lines where it reports warnings and errors. A program, xmlto, is complaining about some incorrect syntax. Recall from your reading of post #36 that someone had problems with xml (in his case, xsl), and fixed it with minor effort (post #39). Perhaps that solution will work for you. Or, maybe it will not work. But no one knows, since you've done nothing, except copying/pasting your failed build log and saying "please help." Be like o1911 (post #36) and actually report what you did to try to solve the problem --- try not to be a help vampire.

Unfortunately, right now it looks like no one can help you since you are the only one experiencing problems with xmlto. I just ABS-synched the new xorg 1.9.2 yesterday with the patch, with zero problems. I suggest you use Google (copy/paste some phrases in your failed build log into Google with double quotes --- I use this technique every time.)

Sorry for the missing info. I installed a bunch of packages which gave warnings but didn't get past xmlto. Missed post #39 (but would probably not have made the connection xml=xsl anyway) sorry about that. That post did solve the xmlto problem, thanks.
I'm getting more problems but who gives a fuck.

In any case, how long until a pacman -Syu solves the problem? That's something I can do. wink

#53 2010-11-17 04:37:41

listdata
Website

finne wrote:
listdata wrote:

@finne: Scroll down into your logs (posts #46 and #49). Read the lines where it reports warnings and errors. A program, xmlto, is complaining about some incorrect syntax. Recall from your reading of post #36 that someone had problems with xml (in his case, xsl), and fixed it with minor effort (post #39). Perhaps that solution will work for you. Or, maybe it will not work. But no one knows, since you've done nothing, except copying/pasting your failed build log and saying "please help." Be like o1911 (post #36) and actually report what you did to try to solve the problem --- try not to be a help vampire.

Unfortunately, right now it looks like no one can help you since you are the only one experiencing problems with xmlto. I just ABS-synched the new xorg 1.9.2 yesterday with the patch, with zero problems. I suggest you use Google (copy/paste some phrases in your failed build log into Google with double quotes --- I use this technique every time.)

Sorry for the missing info. I installed a bunch of packages which gave warnings but didn't get past xmlto. Missed post #39 (but would probably not have made the connection xml=xsl anyway) sorry about that. That post did solve the xmlto problem, thanks.

Glad you solved that nasty xmlto problem.

finne wrote:

I'm getting more problems but who gives a f*ck.

Well, if you post logs and say what did work/did not work, then people could certainly help you out. People love cracking problems on threads like this.

finne wrote:

In any case, how long until a pacman -Syu solves the problem? That's something I can do. wink

Please re-read my post #34. I'm not a xorg developer and have no idea how quickly they release stable versions of xserver. I did notice on the xorg-devel mailing list last week that the 1.9.3 release candidate 1 is coming soon, so, the devs there are definitely working on it as we speak.

#54 2011-03-08 09:20:07

4internetanonymity

I've a new problem that is reminiscent of this old bug:
In order to get flash to play many times (in FF for example), it is a gray box until I click on a window outside of FF, at which point the flash video starts playing. It has been like this ever since fixing this thread's bug remedied the majority of other problems (like window resizing crashing Xorg, etc) with some similar things, but never flash. For example, I've needed to focus (by clicking) on another window pane in order to resume an mplayer video that is immediately frozen when it starts (the same for full-screening an mplayer video).

Any ideas? Thanks!

Board footer