You are not logged in.

#76 2010-11-30 01:25:31

okplayer02
Member
From: Denver, Colorado
Registered: 2008-11-24
Posts: 84

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

good work with KDE here i havent used it in like about 4 years.  pretty solid without any problems on my machine. I am impressed with it since last time. Maybe ill become a converted user from GNOME to KDE big_smile


Say what is good or keep silent  --Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

Offline

#77 2010-11-30 07:50:32

xheyther
Member
Registered: 2009-10-18
Posts: 40

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

bash wrote:

@xheyther
You have to rebuild them. (/usr/lib/libkipi.so.8 is owned by kdegraphics-libs 4.5.80-1)

Thanks smile
It's weird though that libkipi belong to kdegraphics and not to digikam or kipi-plugins (on the assumption that libkipi is a digikam library).

Offline

#78 2010-11-30 08:24:12

splashy
Member
Registered: 2010-08-21
Posts: 128

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

Hum in kmail2 their is a unpleasant bug: I'm using three different mail account in kmail for my family but now when I'm create a new mail it doesn't take the identity of the owner of the current account folder! Nethertheless it take the default identity. It's a bug because I put the identity to use in the differents folders.
Do someone have an idea for solving this problem? Thanks.

P.S: I saved my kmail folder so do you know how to active the akonadi recovery from him?

Offline

#79 2010-11-30 08:45:06

xheyther
Member
Registered: 2009-10-18
Posts: 40

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

That look like an upstream bug to me.I would open/confirm a bug on kde bug tracker.

Offline

#80 2010-11-30 09:28:51

nqn1976
Member
Registered: 2009-09-20
Posts: 7

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

@bash: can the next betas be compiled with debug symbols? I'm getting a few crashes and kded4 hangs, but I can't get useful backtraces to report upstream.

Offline

#81 2010-11-30 09:43:44

Zom
Member
From: Sweden
Registered: 2007-10-27
Posts: 406

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

xheyther wrote:
bash wrote:

@xheyther
You have to rebuild them. (/usr/lib/libkipi.so.8 is owned by kdegraphics-libs 4.5.80-1)

Thanks smile
It's weird though that libkipi belong to kdegraphics and not to digikam or kipi-plugins (on the assumption that libkipi is a digikam library).

I'd think libkipi is a library for handling images in KDE and kipi-plugins are plugins to that library. Don't quote me on that though.

Offline

#82 2010-11-30 15:11:27

mangus
Member
From: Bologna, Italy
Registered: 2007-04-07
Posts: 289

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

Am I the only one that can't send email with kmail2 with smtp account? or my migration failed?
Anyone?

Offline

#83 2010-11-30 16:43:22

pano
Member
From: Stuttgart, Germany
Registered: 2008-09-08
Posts: 118

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

sending mails with KMail2/Akonadi works fine here (also SMTP)

Offline

#84 2010-11-30 18:25:37

mangus
Member
From: Bologna, Italy
Registered: 2007-04-07
Posts: 289

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

pano wrote:

sending mails with KMail2/Akonadi works fine here (also SMTP)

Thanks, I'll look deeper into that

Offline

#85 2010-12-01 07:31:28

flamelab
Member
From: Athens, Hellas (Greece)
Registered: 2007-12-26
Posts: 2,160

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

I reinstalled 4.6 upon 4.5.x, and now, I pacman -Rd'ed udisks, so that KDE should only "see" HAL. Dolphin is OK again. I'll do it right though, I'll rebuild kdelibs without udisks dependency.

ΕDIT: Hmm,

flamelab@prometheus /var/abs $ ls
community  community-staging  community-testing  core  extra  local  multilib  README  %s  staging  testing
flamelab@prometheus /var/abs $


Where is kde-unstable ? O_o

(I run abs of course, and updated to [testing])

Last edited by flamelab (2010-12-01 07:35:14)

Offline

#86 2010-12-01 08:32:00

hellnest
Member
From: $ dmesg | grep ATA
Registered: 2010-11-11
Posts: 194
Website

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

No problem at all..... dolphin is slower but somehow it snappier. smile is there any diff between this and progdanz thread???


roll Snapping my own life roll
hmmgithubhmm
coolMyBlogcool

Offline

#87 2010-12-01 10:20:44

Zom
Member
From: Sweden
Registered: 2007-10-27
Posts: 406

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

hellnest wrote:

No problem at all..... dolphin is slower but somehow it snappier. smile is there any diff between this and progdanz thread???

ProgDan uses the svn releases, this uses the official betas.

Offline

#88 2010-12-01 10:27:14

hellnest
Member
From: $ dmesg | grep ATA
Registered: 2010-11-11
Posts: 194
Website

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

K3B Doesn't work smile


roll Snapping my own life roll
hmmgithubhmm
coolMyBlogcool

Offline

#89 2010-12-01 12:50:47

zephyr
Member
Registered: 2008-03-20
Posts: 103

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

hellnest wrote:

K3B Doesn't work smile

K3B-svn works but immediately shows the following error:

No optical drive found.
K3b did not find any optical device in your system.
Solution: Make sure HAL daemon is running, it is used by K3b for finding devices.

I must say thanks for the packages. Only problem so far is with powerdevil not controlling brightness.

Offline

#90 2010-12-01 13:07:36

hellnest
Member
From: $ dmesg | grep ATA
Registered: 2010-11-11
Posts: 194
Website

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

It's mean by enabling hal can get k3b work again? I read at kde forums that they can solve this issue but they not yet give any explanation how to do it


roll Snapping my own life roll
hmmgithubhmm
coolMyBlogcool

Offline

#91 2010-12-01 15:38:28

scio
Member
From: Buffalo, NY
Registered: 2008-08-05
Posts: 366

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

Can anyone else go to system settings > locale and change anything and then save?  I can change all the options I want, but apply never becomes enabled.

I thought I remembered seeing a note in a bug a while ago that this was a known issue, but that was before the beta I thought.

Offline

#92 2010-12-01 16:32:56

Xabre
Member
From: Serbia
Registered: 2009-03-19
Posts: 618

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

I confirm such behavior in systemsettings > locale, though if you have proper locale in rc.conf it'll be preselected in a new KDE session.

It seems that it has become sort of a habit to rearrange SystemSettings modules in every new major KDE release, apparently for no reason whatsoever.
Just as you memorize where's the module you need and use, it's about time to learn the same thing again....
Just a small rant. smile

Offline

#93 2010-12-01 16:37:39

scio
Member
From: Buffalo, NY
Registered: 2008-08-05
Posts: 366

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

Xabre wrote:

I confirm such behavior in systemsettings > locale, though if you have proper locale in rc.conf it'll be preselected in a new KDE session.

Thanks, glad it's not just me.  I have my locale set, but I'm in the US and like to use EU date and time formats.

Offline

#94 2010-12-01 17:09:28

ilpianista
Fellow developer
From: Lecce, Italy
Registered: 2007-10-06
Posts: 568
Website

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

flamelab wrote:

I reinstalled 4.6 upon 4.5.x, and now, I pacman -Rd'ed udisks, so that KDE should only "see" HAL. Dolphin is OK again. I'll do it right though, I'll rebuild kdelibs without udisks dependency

There is no need to rebuild kdelibs, just install HAL. Maybe neither a removal of upower and udisks is needed, but this will force KDE to use HAL for sure.

Offline

#95 2010-12-01 17:28:06

flamelab
Member
From: Athens, Hellas (Greece)
Registered: 2007-12-26
Posts: 2,160

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

bash wrote:
flamelab wrote:

I reinstalled 4.6 upon 4.5.x, and now, I pacman -Rd'ed udisks, so that KDE should only "see" HAL. Dolphin is OK again. I'll do it right though, I'll rebuild kdelibs without udisks dependency

There is no need to rebuild kdelibs, just install HAL. Maybe neither a removal of upower and udisks is needed, but this will force KDE to use HAL for sure.

Ι wanted to rebuild kdelibs, so that it would not depend on udisks. Just "repackaging", not actual "rebuilding".

Offline

#96 2010-12-02 06:55:21

Xabre
Member
From: Serbia
Registered: 2009-03-19
Posts: 618

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

scio wrote:

Thanks, glad it's not just me.  I have my locale set, but I'm in the US and like to use EU date and time formats.

Well, I'm most certain that KDE devs never meant to force us to do it that way, but for the time being you can always tweak locale related files manually, as described on Wiki.
It may not be the perfect solution, but it works....

I find it more important that keyboard layout settings work as they should, as that would be a much more of a showstopper for me.

Offline

#97 2010-12-02 16:42:32

zephyr
Member
Registered: 2008-03-20
Posts: 103

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

Is anyone else having problems with Dragon player using Phonon-vlc?

Every video file I open is treated like an audio file. Tried ogv,mkv,avi. VLC player plays the files great.

EDIT: It must be a problem with dragon player. Tried loopy, a video player using phonon, and it works fine.

Last edited by zephyr (2010-12-02 17:04:36)

Offline

#98 2010-12-02 17:32:01

Teho
Member
Registered: 2010-01-30
Posts: 200

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

zephyr wrote:

Is anyone else having problems with Dragon player using Phonon-vlc?

Every video file I open is treated like an audio file. Tried ogv,mkv,avi. VLC player plays the files great.

EDIT: It must be a problem with dragon player. Tried loopy, a video player using phonon, and it works fine.

I have that too, shows only visualizations and yes it's works perfectly fine with Bangarang for example.


HP Elitebook 8560w | Arch Linux | KDE

Offline

#99 2010-12-02 21:07:10

zephyr
Member
Registered: 2008-03-20
Posts: 103

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

I have found a solution to enable sleep/suspend to ram without hal running by editing /usr/share/kde4/services/powerdevilupowerbackend.desktop .
In line 5 InitialPreference=200 change 200 to 20 or any value below 100.
This should be fixed in 4.6 Beta 2.

Source: http://www.afiestas.org/one-step-closer … -hal-free/

Offline

#100 2010-12-02 21:26:35

jxy
Member
Registered: 2008-12-03
Posts: 133

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.6

zephyr wrote:

I have found a solution to enable sleep/suspend to ram without hal running by editing /usr/share/kde4/services/powerdevilupowerbackend.desktop .
In line 5 InitialPreference=200 change 200 to 20 or any value below 100.
This should be fixed in 4.6 Beta 2.

Source: http://www.afiestas.org/one-step-closer … -hal-free/

This is great news.  Apart from screen brightness, everything works.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB