You are not logged in.

#1876 2014-06-12 17:10:51

keepitsimpleengineer
Member
From: San Joaquin Valley, CA
Registered: 2012-06-25
Posts: 278
Website

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

barrikad wrote:

Please give graysky some slack, the guy has a lot of stuff going on right now.

I heard that with my bad ear... .. !

BTW: I'm moving away from doing my business (albeit tiny) from GoDaddy...


Al Einstein: "Man soll die Dinge so einfach machen wie möglich ~ aber nicht einfacher." (Things should be as simple as possible ~ but not too simple.)

Offline

#1877 2014-06-12 17:21:21

Scimmia
Bug Wrangler
Registered: 2012-09-01
Posts: 4,784

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

barrikad wrote:

The mirror is set up and configurated. When it get traffic I will be able to tweak more to give you a better experience upgrading to the latest linux-ck. smile

Please give graysky some slack, the guy has a lot of stuff going on right now.

Excellent! What's the address?

I don't think anyone was criticizing graysky. My post was just making sure it hadn't been forgotten since the files had been on the server for hours, it's easy to miss a step occasionally.

Offline

#1878 2014-06-13 07:33:16

barrikad
Member
From: Sweden
Registered: 2014-06-03
Posts: 5

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

Scimmia wrote:

Excellent! What's the address?
I don't think anyone was criticizing graysky. My post was just making sure it hadn't been forgotten since the files had been on the server for hours, it's easy to miss a step occasionally.

Address will be published when it's live.

No content anyway. Waiting for graysky to login and do it his way

My post was not addressed to you specifically. Just that I know how frustrating it can be trying to upgrade linux-ck with the above mentioned issues.

Offline

#1879 2014-06-18 01:49:58

Proinsias
Member
From: Glasgow
Registered: 2013-08-19
Posts: 120

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

Thank you for taking the time & effort graysky. My decade old celeron laptop seems very happy with the pentm ck kernel and even with the 20 mins of fannying about trying to get it downloaded it's a huge difference to the 7hr or so compile time from the AUR last week.

Offline

#1880 2014-06-26 09:08:31

Nordic89
Member
Registered: 2014-05-07
Posts: 49

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

Hey, one question. I installed linux-ck-haswell and linux-ck-haswell-headers. How do I actually boot into the ck kernel now instead of the default one?

Offline

#1881 2014-06-26 09:18:20

bstaletic
Member
Registered: 2014-02-02
Posts: 575

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

Update your bootloader configuration so you have another menu entry to boot linux-ck.

Offline

#1882 2014-06-26 09:19:17

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
From: England
Registered: 2010-06-16
Posts: 5,019

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

That depends on the boot loader/manager you're using.


Sakura:-
Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO // Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.4GHz // GFX: nVidia GeForce GTX 970 Ti // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR3 (@ 2133MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB Seagate SATAII 5x 1TB Samsung SATAII, 2x 120GB Corsair SSD

Offline

#1883 2014-06-26 09:55:58

Nordic89
Member
Registered: 2014-05-07
Posts: 49

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

Thanks for the replies. I'm using gummiboot, and just added it and tried booting into it. Everything seemed to work, but for some reason, the slim login manager wasn't started, and my keymap was also reset to default. Any idea how to fix this?

Offline

#1884 2014-06-26 10:24:55

IsSuE
Member
From: Upper Austria
Registered: 2006-04-29
Posts: 309

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

Nordic89 wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I'm using gummiboot, and just added it and tried booting into it. Everything seemed to work, but for some reason, the slim login manager wasn't started, and my keymap was also reset to default. Any idea how to fix this?

You need to install the driver for your graphics card, compiled for -ck (nvidia-ck for example).

Offline

#1885 2014-06-26 10:47:36

Nordic89
Member
Registered: 2014-05-07
Posts: 49

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

IsSuE wrote:
Nordic89 wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I'm using gummiboot, and just added it and tried booting into it. Everything seemed to work, but for some reason, the slim login manager wasn't started, and my keymap was also reset to default. Any idea how to fix this?

You need to install the driver for your graphics card, compiled for -ck (nvidia-ck for example).

Damn, that was it. Thanks a lot!

edit: The kernels in graysky's repo are using bfs instead of cfs by default, correct?

Last edited by Nordic89 (2014-06-26 10:52:46)

Offline

#1886 2014-06-26 14:19:57

anonymous_user
Member
Registered: 2009-08-28
Posts: 3,058

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

No you have to enable BFS manually:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Li … _Scheduler

Offline

#1887 2014-06-26 14:31:31

fsckd
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2009-06-15
Posts: 3,513

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

anonymous_user wrote:

BFS != BFQ wink


aur S & M :: forum rules :: Community Ethos
Resources for Women, POC, LGBT*, and allies

Offline

#1888 2014-06-26 15:11:42

anonymous_user
Member
Registered: 2009-08-28
Posts: 3,058

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

Hahaha oops!

Offline

#1889 2014-06-30 06:38:42

cju
Member
Registered: 2013-06-23
Posts: 194

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

Every time I download packages form repo-ck, the server quits the connection after some time (about after a minute of downloading or so...). Then I have to rerun the pacman command to finish the whole process of downloading and installing respectively upgrading, which actually works in the end, but is kinda annoying and my pacman.log looks thus like a mess. wink

Any Idea why the repo-ck server acts that way? Btw. this "quit connection after some time of instant downloading"-thing only happens with the repo-ck server, with other unofficial signed repos like infinality-bundle from bohoomil for example, I don't run into such issues, so imo this is likely to be a pure server or network problem, isn't it?

Offline

#1890 2014-06-30 06:54:06

ilusi0n
Member
Registered: 2010-06-09
Posts: 187

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

cju wrote:

Every time I download packages form repo-ck, the server quits the connection after some time (about after a minute of downloading or so...). Then I have to rerun the pacman command to finish the whole process of downloading and installing respectively upgrading, which actually works in the end, but is kinda annoying and my pacman.log looks thus like a mess. wink

Any Idea why the repo-ck server acts that way? Btw. this "quit connection after some time of instant downloading"-thing only happens with the repo-ck server, with other unofficial signed repos like infinality-bundle from bohoomil for example, I don't run into such issues, so imo this is likely to be a pure server or network problem, isn't it?

That issue has been discussed several times in this thread. See this option on the wiki https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Re … _regularly

Offline

#1891 2014-06-30 07:07:46

cju
Member
Registered: 2013-06-23
Posts: 194

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

Oh, thanks and sorry, I just missed that one.

Offline

#1892 2014-07-02 23:57:26

graysky
Member
From: /run/user/1000
Registered: 2008-12-01
Posts: 8,416
Website

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

Updated to 3.15.3-1 with ck1 but I will not be around much due to a family reunion we are hosting over the 4th of July holiday.  As usual, users wanting to "old" version, 3.14.10-1 in this case, may find it in the archive section of http://repo-ck.com


CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

Offline

#1893 2014-07-03 18:21:50

cju
Member
Registered: 2013-06-23
Posts: 194

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

Thanks for your awesome work, but there seems to be a dependency issue w/ virtualbox-ck-guest-modules that prevents me from upgrading:

:: virtualbox-ck-guest-modules-kx: requires linux-ck-kx<3.15

Edit: Congrats to 6.666 posts btw. tongue

Last edited by cju (2014-07-03 18:23:45)

Offline

#1894 2014-07-04 11:42:05

OdinEidolon
Member
From: Belluno - Italy
Registered: 2011-01-31
Posts: 328

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

ilusi0n wrote:
cju wrote:

Every time I download packages form repo-ck, the server quits the connection after some time (about after a minute of downloading or so...). Then I have to rerun the pacman command to finish the whole process of downloading and installing respectively upgrading, which actually works in the end, but is kinda annoying and my pacman.log looks thus like a mess. wink

Any Idea why the repo-ck server acts that way? Btw. this "quit connection after some time of instant downloading"-thing only happens with the repo-ck server, with other unofficial signed repos like infinality-bundle from bohoomil for example, I don't run into such issues, so imo this is likely to be a pure server or network problem, isn't it?

That issue has been discussed several times in this thread. See this option on the wiki https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Re … _regularly

That looks to me as a workaround, cju was asking what was the cause of this problem. It is the server?


Hardware: 2016 Dell XPS15 - FullHD - i5-6300HQ - 8GB DDR4 - Nvidia GTX960M - Samsung 840EVO 250GB SSD - 56Wh
Software: Plasma 5 - rEFInd - linux-ck - preload - prelink - verynice - psd - bumblebee

Offline

#1895 2014-07-04 14:13:57

Lockheed
Member
Registered: 2010-03-16
Posts: 1,429

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

@graysky,
Could you include F2FS support in the next kernel release? With growing number of devices using it (namely - mobile phones), it would be useful to be able to access/manage it from a PC.


Laptop: ThinkPad W500, C2D P9500, 8GB, Radeon RV635 (HD3650), Arch | Server/fw: Zotac AQ01, A4-5000 Kabini, 4GB, Arch/pfSense VM

Offline

#1896 2014-07-04 18:58:12

WonderWoofy
Member
From: Los Gatos, CA
Registered: 2012-05-19
Posts: 8,412

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

Lockheed wrote:

@graysky,
Could you include F2FS support in the next kernel release? With growing number of devices using it (namely - mobile phones), it would be useful to be able to access/manage it from a PC.

The config for the kernels in repo-ck are based off of the Arch configs.  So it should be enabled already.  You will still need the progs that go with that support though. 

Have you tried?  Because I just checked and the configs included in the AUR's linux-ck package provide f2fs support...

Offline

#1897 2014-07-04 19:28:11

clfarron4
Member
From: London, UK
Registered: 2013-06-28
Posts: 2,162
Website

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

OdinEidolon wrote:

That looks to me as a workaround, cju was asking what was the cause of this problem. It is the server?

Yes, it is the host servers (godaddy) being a pain in the ass.

WonderWoofy wrote:
Lockheed wrote:

@graysky,
Could you include F2FS support in the next kernel release? With growing number of devices using it (namely - mobile phones), it would be useful to be able to access/manage it from a PC.

The config for the kernels in repo-ck are based off of the Arch configs.  So it should be enabled already.  You will still need the progs that go with that support though. 

Have you tried?  Because I just checked and the configs included in the AUR's linux-ck package provide f2fs support...

It's been enabled since the 3.10 series of kernels (I know because I maintained that branch of the lts kernel, and still do).

Last edited by clfarron4 (2014-07-04 19:32:06)


Claire is fine.
Problems? I have dysgraphia, so clear and concise please.
My public GPG key for package signing
My x86_64 package repository

Offline

#1898 2014-07-04 21:35:30

Lockheed
Member
Registered: 2010-03-16
Posts: 1,429

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

WonderWoofy wrote:

The config for the kernels in repo-ck are based off of the Arch configs.  So it should be enabled already.  You will still need the progs that go with that support though. 

Have you tried?  Because I just checked and the configs included in the AUR's linux-ck package provide f2fs support...

Well, I tried in two ways:
1.

cat /proc/filesystems

returns supported filesystems and f2fs is not among them


2. run gparted on a f2fs filesystem - it was not recognised.

Last edited by Lockheed (2014-07-04 21:35:42)


Laptop: ThinkPad W500, C2D P9500, 8GB, Radeon RV635 (HD3650), Arch | Server/fw: Zotac AQ01, A4-5000 Kabini, 4GB, Arch/pfSense VM

Offline

#1899 2014-07-04 21:39:52

clfarron4
Member
From: London, UK
Registered: 2013-06-28
Posts: 2,162
Website

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

Have you read the Wiki page for f2fs?

claire ~ % cat /proc/filesystems | grep f2fs
1 claire ~ % sudo modprobe f2fs                                        :(
[sudo] password for claire: 
claire ~ % cat /proc/filesystems | grep f2fs
	f2fs
claire ~ %

As I said, the support's been there since at least the 3.10 kernel (and probably earlier).

Last edited by clfarron4 (2014-07-04 21:42:24)


Claire is fine.
Problems? I have dysgraphia, so clear and concise please.
My public GPG key for package signing
My x86_64 package repository

Offline

#1900 2014-07-04 21:53:39

Lockheed
Member
Registered: 2010-03-16
Posts: 1,429

Re: unofficial linux-ck repo with cpu optimized packages is ONLINE

Well, this is strange. I have a core2 -ck kernel from repo-ck, and all I (not) get is this:

$ cat /proc/filesystems | grep f2fs
$ sudo cat /proc/filesystems | grep f2fs
[sudo] password for juha: 
$ 

Laptop: ThinkPad W500, C2D P9500, 8GB, Radeon RV635 (HD3650), Arch | Server/fw: Zotac AQ01, A4-5000 Kabini, 4GB, Arch/pfSense VM

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB