You are not logged in.

#176 2012-03-20 01:43:56

soupcan

Re: zathura - a document viewer

mlq wrote:

Hello,

This is because labels neither the auto-detection nor the general support has been implemented in the plugins.  So at the moment you can just jump to the pages defined by their index in the document.

Regarding your speed issue; can you give some more details, because I do not experience any performance issues compared to the older version; of course we are rendering more pages (since we support continuous pages).

Best regards

Scrolling, loading, and searching are noticeably slower after the update. Scrolling especially is much less smooth and pauses at each new page.

#177 2012-03-20 08:21:32

rogorido

is there a way to have the title of the document in the title bar of zathura? I'm using openbox.

#178 2012-03-20 13:17:33

mlq
Website

rogorido wrote:

is there a way to have the title of the document in the title bar of zathura? I'm using openbox.

This is already available in the develop branch and therefore it will be part of the next release.

Best regards

#179 2012-03-20 14:51:55

rogorido

mlq wrote:

This is already available in the develop branch and therefore it will be part of the next release.

thnaks for your answer. I'm using the AUR package compiled today. Is this feature already in? How could I enable it?

#180 2012-03-20 15:06:16

mlq
Website

rogorido wrote:
mlq wrote:

thnaks for your answer. I'm using the AUR package compiled today. Is this feature already in? How could I enable it?

No, you have nothing to do. The title of the window is automatically the path of the document that you have opened.

Best regards

#181 2012-03-20 15:57:08

rogorido

mlq wrote:

No, you have nothing to do. The title of the window is automatically the path of the document that you have opened.

exactly. It works perfectly. Many thanks

#182 2012-03-20 16:57:21

quangteospk

Sorry. I can't copy from zathura to Firefox but i can copy to terminal.
Help me?

P/s:

the ~/.config/zathura folder is empty, and there is no /etc/zathurarc.

i shound create file zathurarc in ~/.config/zathura or /etc/zathurarc.

Last edited by quangteospk (2012-03-20 16:59:54)

A man's dream will never die

#183 2012-03-20 18:36:52

/dev/zero

quangteospk wrote:

Sorry. I can't copy from zathura to Firefox but i can copy to terminal.

Zathura seems to put highlighted text in the primary X selection, not the clipboard. If you have a middle mouse button, I think you should be able to dump out the primary selection using that.

quangteospk wrote:

i shound create file zathurarc in ~/.config/zathura or /etc/zathurarc.

Yes, if you want to.

#184 2012-03-21 10:16:25

archman-cro
Website

mlq, if you have a minute to read my question:

archman-cro wrote:

How to turn off the continuous view so that when I'm at the fit page height view I can press scroll down once to get onto the next page?
There's also a problem with that view that when you zoom in from fit height to fit width, you end up on completely different page. In example, fit height page 4 drops to the bottom of page 1 when switched to fit width.

Thanks in advance!

#185 2012-03-22 05:41:53

Sh1ken

Hey,

I've using zathura for a while and... It. Is. Awesome. I just have a couple of complains:

- In the last version the best-fit option with 'a' doesn't work like before, it doesn't have that best-fit feel to it anymore. Is there an option that I'm not using or so?
- The autocomplete feature doesn't work well on ":open". Is this intentional or is it just me?

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, I double check-it now. Neither the 'a' or the 's' option work like it did on previous versions of zathura. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Sh1ken (2012-03-22 05:46:51)

#186 2012-03-22 16:41:42

anti-destin

soupcan wrote:
mlq wrote:

Hello,

This is because labels neither the auto-detection nor the general support has been implemented in the plugins.  So at the moment you can just jump to the pages defined by their index in the document.

Regarding your speed issue; can you give some more details, because I do not experience any performance issues compared to the older version; of course we are rendering more pages (since we support continuous pages).

Best regards

Scrolling, loading, and searching are noticeably slower after the update. Scrolling especially is much less smooth and pauses at each new page.

i'm having this issue also. the program seems to stall a bit when scrolling.

#187 2012-03-22 17:31:43

grimp3ur

Thank for awesome "suckless" document viewer.

After upgrade to 0.1 version (and moving to girara), I was unable to figure out how to adapt index-keybindindings, e.g.:

map n navigate_index down index

Tried multiple variants, without success. Is it still: map <key> <function> <arguments> <mode>?

#188 2012-03-22 22:01:35

mlq
Website

Hello,

archman-cro wrote:

mlq, if you have a minute to read my question:

archman-cro wrote:

How to turn off the continuous view so that when I'm at the fit page height view I can press scroll down once to get onto the next page?
There's also a problem with that view that when you zoom in from fit height to fit width, you end up on completely different page. In example, fit height page 4 drops to the bottom of page 1 when switched to fit width.

Thanks in advance!

1) It is not possible to disable continuous view at the moment. You could use 'best-fit' and use the navigate buttons.
2) If I understand this right, this should be fixed in the develop version and will be part of the next release.

Sh1ken wrote:

- In the last version the best-fit option with 'a' doesn't work like before, it doesn't have that best-fit feel to it anymore. Is there an option that I'm not using or so?
- The autocomplete feature doesn't work well on ":open". Is this intentional or is it just me?

EDIT: Sorry, I double check-it now. Neither the 'a' or the 's' option work like it did on previous versions of zathura. What am I doing wrong?

1) I am sorry, but I don't get it. If you press 'a', the page is adjusted so that its height fits in the window; if you press 's' it uses the whole space that is provided by the window size. What do you mean with 'best-fit feel'?
2) Would you mind giving more details?

grimp3ur wrote:

After upgrade to 0.1 version (and moving to girara), I was unable to figure out how to adapt index-keybindindings, e.g.:

map n navigate_index down index

Tried multiple variants, without success. Is it still: map <key> <function> <arguments> <mode>?

As described here...

map [mode] <binding> <shortcut function> <argument>

... you would have to use:

map [index] n navigate_index down

Best regards

#189 2012-03-23 00:18:48

brianb
Website

I just upgraded to the newest (devel) version of zathura-git, but in order to do so, I had to first uninstall zathura-djvu-git and zathura-pdf-poppler-git, and then reinstall them after zathura-git was upgraded. That's because I kept getting an error saying that zathura-djvu-git and zathura-pdf-poppler-git had zathura-girara-git as a dependency.

#190 2012-03-23 00:21:44

mlq
Website

brianb wrote:

I just upgraded to the newest (devel) version of zathura-git, but in order to do so, I had to first uninstall zathura-djvu-git and zathura-pdf-poppler-git, and then reinstall them after zathura-git was upgraded. That's because I kept getting an error saying that zathura-djvu-git and zathura-pdf-poppler-git had zathura-girara-git as a dependency.

Yes, because we had two packages in AUR: zathura-git and zathura-girara-git where the latest has been finally removed. So the plugin packages have been updated as well and the information that you had in your database was therefore outdated and wrong.

Best regards

#191 2012-03-23 02:21:48

taylorchu

is there any reason that arch does not support mupdf backend?
i feel mupdf renders much much faster for large files than poppler. (poppler is noticeablely laggy)

"After you do enough distro research, you will choose Arch."

#192 2012-03-23 03:06:29

Sh1ken

mlq wrote:
Sh1ken wrote:

1) I am sorry, but I don't get it. If you press 'a', the page is adjusted so that its height fits in the window; if you press 's' it uses the whole space that is provided by the window size. What do you mean with 'best-fit feel'?
2) Would you mind giving more details?

1) Yeah, I know, it was working like that before. I mean, it works with some files, but not with all of them. I'm using dwm. Can you check that out?
2) Forget it. I was my bad. I wasn't using <SPACE> before another <TAB> while looking into folders. Great.

Thanks for your time! zathura is awesome.

#193 2012-03-23 09:45:56

mlq
Website

Hello,

Sh1ken wrote:

1) Yeah, I know, it was working like that before. I mean, it works with some files, but not with all of them. I'm using dwm. Can you check that out?
2) Forget it. I was my bad. I wasn't using <SPACE> before another <TAB> while looking into folders. Great..

I am using dwm as well, would you mind sending me one of those files per mail so that I can check that out?

Best regards

#194 2012-03-23 10:10:25

mlq
Website

Hello,

taylorchu wrote:

is there any reason that arch does not support mupdf backend?
i feel mupdf renders much much faster for large files than poppler. (poppler is noticeablely laggy)

I don't know. I've already filled in a feature request with attached PKGBUILDs.

Best regards

#195 2012-03-23 20:08:29

Stalafin

What is the correct setting to get "discrete" view? I would like zathura behave in such a view, that it displays only one page at a time , through which I can scroll using j/k. However, at the top/bottom of a page j/k are not supposed to switch over to the next page.

I want a page turn to work only with J/K. Is that possible?

Also, is it possible for 'gg' to work similar as in vim? In vim, [n]gg and [n]G work the same way (where [n] specifies a number). Zathura, however, simply jumps to the first page, ignoring the [n]-part of [n]gg.

Last edited by Stalafin (2012-03-23 20:09:10)

#196 2012-03-23 23:54:02

Sh1ken

mlq wrote:

Hello,

I am using dwm as well, would you mind sending me one of those files per mail so that I can check that out?

Best regards

Not at all. Email sent through this forum. Hope you received it.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for your time.

#197 2012-03-24 04:05:01

mankand007
Website

Hi all,

I'm a happy user of Zathura and would like to file a bug in it.

Whenever a file is closed using the close button instead of :q command, the history of the file is not saved.

I have also filed a bug in pwmt.org. http://bt.pwmt.org/view.php?id=158

Please look into it. Thanks!

Custom built Openbox Arch linux 64

blog:
http://manikandan.means.it

#198 2012-03-24 17:56:12

mlq
Website

Hello,

Stalafin wrote:

Also, is it possible for 'gg' to work similar as in vim? In vim, [n]gg and [n]G work the same way (where [n] specifies a number). Zathura, however, simply jumps to the first page, ignoring the [n]-part of [n]gg.

Fixed.

Sh1ken wrote:

Not at all. Email sent through this forum. Hope you received it.

Yes, thanks.

mankand007 wrote:

Whenever a file is closed using the close button instead of :q command, the history of the file is not saved.!

Fixed.

Best regards

#199 2012-03-24 19:25:02

mankand007
Website

Thanks mlq!

When can I expect this fix to appear in official Arch pacman update?

Just curious to know how things work in Arch....

Custom built Openbox Arch linux 64

blog:
http://manikandan.means.it

#200 2012-03-24 20:42:05

mlq
Website

Hello,

We are happy to announce a new version of zathura:

Changelog
  • Add ‘open-first-page’ setting

• Free invisible pages after specific time

• Set log level via command line

• Update GTK3 support

• Completion for :write command

• Simplified plugin loading

• Allow counter-clockwise rotation

• Changeable page-padding

• Introduced girara version check

• Detect sqlite automatically

• Update window title

Additional information

In addition we have released a new version of girara (0.1.2) and versions of all our plugins:

• zathura-djvu (0.1.1)

mankand007 wrote:

When can I expect this fix to appear in official Arch pacman update?

The packages are already marked out-of-date so the maintainer has been notified.

Best regards

Board footer