You are not logged in.

#26 2011-08-14 20:33:22

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

Re: Can we no longer unlock gnome-keyring on login if we don't use GDM?

@wonder - I have 'start gnome services' checked in the startup session options.  When I look in gnome-session-properties under Gnome, everything that should be enabled by default is checked.  I'm at a loss.

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#27 2011-12-11 14:21:43

gimmy

alexcriss wrote:

Last update: It seems that I've found the culprit. I was opening the terminal by using a custom keyboard shortcut. More specifically, I went to the System-Settings -> Keyboard -> Custom Launchers (should be similar, I am on an Italian localization) and created a new one that launches gnome-terminal when pressing Ctrl-Alt-T.

Now, if I launch the terminal using the shortcut and then SSH into a remote machine I'm asked to type my password, while if I launch the terminal from the gnome-shell dash, or using Alt-F2 and type gnome-terminal I can SSH wihout typing the password.

Can anyone try to add a custom shortcut for gnome-terminal and see whether SSH works without asking a password or not before I report this upstream?

Cheers, and sorry for adding more noise!

oh yeah! This is the problem! I had the same bug, but I comfirm you that the gnome-terminal from dash works fine. So the bug is in the launcher shortcut smile Someone have to report this bug...

#28 2011-12-12 16:34:56

gimmy

Now the official shortcut seems works big_smile

#29 2011-12-13 21:58:08

alexcriss

Yes, using the shortcut from Launchers -> Terminal works, and it is the only solution I found up to today. I have still to report a bug, feeling lazy since my last bug reports died in silence.

Board footer