You are not logged in.

#26 2011-06-26 19:32:08

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Getting wireless to work [SOLVED]

Let's try this section of the article:https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wp … icant.conf
See if that works for you.  If not, let me know.
If it works, go ahead and update your system.  I would also suggest the use of a network manager of your choice.  I use currently Neworkmanager, but have also used wicd.  Others swear by netcfg

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#27 2011-06-26 19:47:46

hermanningjaldsson
Website

that seems to work, packages are being sent and so forth.

so how do i get a browser running?

#28 2011-06-26 20:14:27

ewaller
Administrator

Install one wink

Okay, maybe it is not that simple.  You can install links now.  It is a text based browser that provides very basic browsing capability.

Other than that, I am going to refer you to the Beginner's Guide.  You are at about section 4.2.
After installing Xorg, you can install Firefox, Chromium or Opera and run them from within Xorg.  The basic Xorg installation is very, ur, basic.  You will want to research Openbox, Gnome, KDE, xfce4, etc... and try one or more of those more full featured environments.

You still have a bit of work to do, but this subject has probably come to an end.  If you agree, please edit your original post and add [SOLVED] to the thread title.  Then, feel free to open another thread specifically directed at your next issue.  This makes it much easier for others doing research on how to solve their problems find relevant threads.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#29 2011-06-26 20:32:22

hermanningjaldsson
Website

Thanks for the help.

#30 2011-07-16 21:09:37

hermanningjaldsson
Website

the thread to my next issue is here: