You are not logged in.

#101 2011-08-16 10:12:24

Enverex
Website

Re: Humble Indie Bundle #3 is here!

The issue I have with Hammerfight at the moment is that the game is fine with a mouse, but with a touchpad it's unusable, the slightest movements cause the mouse to fly across the screen and basically teleport to the other side (I'm wondering if this is an SDL issue, please let me know if you know of a fix).

Secondly, it's jumpy, like it runs fine for a second, then slow for 1/4 of a second, then fine, then slow, etc.

#102 2011-08-17 03:36:14

cookiecaper

If you've had problems with Hammerfight in the past, please update to the new build released on 8/13 or something like that. The PKGBUILD on AUR has already been updated to reflect it, so you should be able to just yaourt -S hammerfight to upgrade. It is much better. The USE_CORE_SLEEP hack is no longer necessary and will just cause your computer to go crazy, so you should toggle that back to true. The new build resolves all of the issues I was having with Hammerfight on nvidia.

Last edited by cookiecaper (2011-08-17 03:36:56)

#103 2011-08-20 19:52:55

uberben

I am having problems with pretty much all of the games. Most of the problems I am having make absolutely no sense to be and are (hopefully) something simple. when I try to run some of these files, nothing happens. From the command line, if I run, for example:

$ ./cogs-installer-build4 
bash: ./cogs-installer-build4: No such file or directory

The file path was tab completed, so obviously it exists. This happens to me for most of the launchers/binaries for these games.
Others have problems with their included files, like so:

$ ./AndYetItMoves 
./AndYetItMoves: line 21: ./lib/AndYetItMoves: No such file or directory

With CrayonPhysics, I get the same types of messages on launcher and crayon. For the shortcut installer, I get:

$ ./install_shortcuts.sh 
./install_shortcuts.sh: line 9: xdg-user-dir: command not found

Osmos, Steelstorm, and Revenge of the Titans all work from the command line with the ./ and I am running everything with the latest updates, gnome-3, proprietary nvidia drivers.

Can anyone help me out with this?

#104 2011-08-20 20:08:30

Enverex
Website

uberben: Use the AUR installers. Don't try and just use the source builds.

Anyway, this is the mouse issue I'm having, I recorded it so people could see more clearly what the problem is. It's like the mouse is using a very low DPI and has an insane accelleration value - https://xnode.org/files/Hammerfight.ogm

#105 2011-08-20 20:47:07

stqn
Website

uberben wrote:
$ ./cogs-installer-build4 
bash: ./cogs-installer-build4: No such file or directory

Maybe this is on a partition with the "noexec" mount option?

#106 2011-08-20 22:44:06

el mariachi

it means some 32bit libs are missing. Use the AUR packages wink

#107 2011-08-21 04:47:26

uberben

Enverex: thanks for the tip. I had noticed Crayon Physics in the AUR but not the others. Unforturately, very few of these AUR packages are working for me.

From steelstorm2-hib (I tried moving the file into /tmp/yaourt-tmp-ben/aur-steelstorm2-hib):

==> Retrieving Sources...
==> ERROR: steelstorm-br-2.00.02818-release.tar.gz was not found in the build directory and is not a URL.
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build steelstorm2-hib.

From andyetitmoves (this error went away once I enabled multilib):

==> Install or build missing dependencies for andyetitmoves:
Password: 
error: target not found: lib32-openal

From atomzombiesmasher (I did try copying the file to that folder):

==> Starting build()...
==> !! AtomZombieSmasher is a commercial game.
    !! You need a full copy of this game in order to install it.
    !! Please copy atomzombiesmasher_v1_23.tar.gz or atomzombiesmasher_v1_85.tar
    !! to /tmp/yaourt-tmp-ben/aur-atomzombiesmasher 
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build atomzombiesmasher.

From crayonphysicsdeluxe (this error went away once I enabled the multilib):

==> Install or build missing dependencies for crayonphysicsdeluxe:
Password: 
error: target not found: lib32-qt

cogs, vvvvvv, and hammerfight have installed, but I have yet to test them out to see if they actually work. crayonphysics and andyetitmoves have installed now that I have multilib enabled, but again they are untested. I just need to get steelstorm and atomzombiesmasher working.

I did not try installing anything from the HIB2 through AUR.

Any suggestions for installing the remaining apps?

#108 2011-10-23 21:42:22

flan_suse

Just a heads up for Hammerfight for 64bit users:

I had random issues with performance when using the 64bit build under 64bit openSUSE, and from what I've read around, this seems common for 64bit Linux users. This bug report describes the symptoms: https://bugzilla.icculus.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5271

The two common issues were major stuttering on the "Level Passed" screens, which happened randomly, and major choppiness on random parts during actual gameplay.

Upon using the 32bit executable (Hammerfight-x86), these issues went away.

Hope this helps some 64bit users here. Even though Hammerfight for Linux ships with a 64bit build of the executable, it seems that the 32bit build runs better, even on a 64bit distro. Of course, make sure you have the proper 32bit dependencies installed.

Last edited by flan_suse (2012-05-09 15:20:23)

Board footer