You are not logged in.

#76 2012-05-25 07:51:30

minoshi

Re: PacmanXG (Yet another GUI for pacman and yaourt)

fritz wrote:

A warning before erasing would be nice.. .

ok, i wrote attention message smile

main changes:
-faster build the orfans and explicitly installed files lists
-due to recent changes in the downgrade script i wrote own implementation of downgrade. Please try

Yours,
Alexandre Minoshi

#77 2012-06-02 17:32:44

fritz

fritz wrote:

A problem with some characters in the following line:
perl-text-glob : Orphan  32[1K

Gone since last update of perl-text-glob. (02.06.2012)

Last edited by fritz (2012-06-02 17:33:34)

Celeron 1610, Intel B75, 4GB Ram, Intel HD-Graphics

#78 2012-06-04 05:45:33

fritz

Pacmanxg gets stuck while updating a certain package (clamtk) from AUR (Task: "Upgrade Packages from AUR").
System remains responsive, but I have to end the process.
Yaourt updates the package without problem.
xAZ6C.png

Celeron 1610, Intel B75, 4GB Ram, Intel HD-Graphics

#79 2012-06-26 16:24:03

capoeira

I can't run this anymore. after splash up it dies, no matter if choosing su, sudo or user

runing in terminal with sudo shows this:

Pacman version:403
"#verbosepkglists"
check usecolor
An unhandled exception occurred at $08107B3E :
egui : No tray window..
$08107B3E
$0808814A
$08095DB0
$08095A0C
$08091B37
$08091573
$08090F93
$08093993
$080910E2
$08100083
$0808D8FD
$0804BFC7

#80 2012-06-26 16:31:04

AyeCapn

capoeira wrote:

I can't run this anymore. after splash up it dies, no matter if choosing su, sudo or user

I am experiencing this as well. Splash screen flickers briefly and then nothing.

"I just don't know what went wrong" - Derpy

#81 2012-06-30 07:08:01

minoshi

capoeira wrote:

"#verbosepkglists"
check usecolor
$08107B3E
$0808814A
$08095DB0
$08095A0C
$08091B37
$08091573
$08090F93
$08093993
$080910E2
$08100083
$0808D8FD
$0804BFC7

It`s seems problem with find tray window

- open ~/.Almin-Soft/PacmanXG/pacmanxg.conf in text editor
- find string usetray=1
- delete it or rewrite like "usetray=0"

What DE and tray you use?

Yours,
Alexandre Minoshi

#82 2012-06-30 13:32:09

capoeira

minoshi wrote:
capoeira wrote:

"#verbosepkglists"
check usecolor
$08107B3E
$0808814A
$08095DB0
$08095A0C
$08091B37
$08091573
$08090F93
$08093993
$080910E2
$08100083
$0808D8FD
$0804BFC7

It`s seems problem with find tray window

- open ~/.Almin-Soft/PacmanXG/pacmanxg.conf in text editor
- find string usetray=1
- delete it or rewrite like "usetray=0"

What DE and tray you use?

thanks, I wanted to try st like that but this folder is unfindable if you don,t know where it is lol
that solved
My DE and tray is E17

EDIT: it solved only for running as user
still crashes for su and sudo

[studio@myhost ~]$ sudo pacmanxg
===start===
Getting pacman version (atempt 1) ...
=== Answer: ===

.--.                  Pacman v4.0.3 - libalpm v7.0.3
/ _.-' .-.  .-.  .-.   Copyright (C) 2006-2012 Pacman Development Team
\  '-. '-'  '-'  '-'   Copyright (C) 2002-2006 Judd Vinet
 '--'
                       Este programa pode ser redistribuído livremente sob
                       os termos da GNU General Public License

=== End of Answer ===
"#verbosepkglists"
check usecolor
  $08107B3E
  $0808814A
  $08095DB0
  $08095A0C
  $08091B37
  $08091573
  $08090F93
  $08093993
  $080910E2
  $08100083
  $0808D8FD
  $0804BFC7

Last edited by capoeira (2012-06-30 13:35:59)

#83 2012-07-02 06:49:08

minoshi

capoeira wrote:

thanks, I wanted to try st like that but this folder is unfindable if you don,t know where it is lol
that solved
My DE and tray is E17

capoeira wrote:

For simple user in /home/studio/.Almin-Soft/PacmanXG/
for root  in /root/.Almin-Soft/PacmanXG/

I report about crash  to MSE developer

Last edited by minoshi (2012-07-02 06:49:52)

Yours,
Alexandre Minoshi

#84 2012-07-03 14:52:16

capoeira

minoshi wrote:
capoeira wrote:

that solved
My DE and tray is E17

capoeira wrote:

For simple user in /home/studio/.Almin-Soft/PacmanXG/
for root  in /root/.Almin-Soft/PacmanXG/

I report about crash  to MSE developer

thanks a lot

#85 2012-07-05 07:31:57

MaNNa

I run KDE so don't have these problems, but here are some options that might help you around this:

If you are using a terminal to start PacmanXG, I suggest going to root using 'sux' (pacman/packer/yaourt -S sux).
Once you are root using sux ($ sux), then simply run:  pacmanxg

Another option around this is starting PacmanXG from your normal user prompt ($) with:  gksu pacmanxg
Of course you will need to make sure gksu is installed first:  pacman/packer/yaourt -S gksu

May God guide your thoughts and actions, and all the best in Jesus' name,  MaNNa

Last edited by MaNNa (2012-07-06 08:48:40)

In God's love,
†MaNNa <{{{><  ...to You all thanks and glory Lord Yeshua!

And Jesus prayed to The Father, "And this is the way to eternal life - to know You, the Only True God, and Jesus Christ the One You sent to earth.

#86 2012-07-12 18:02:27

minoshi

4.11.1 release

-new filter panel
-add new filter "Installed as depences"
-"Search results" move under search box
-new option "sort by package name" in Options.
-add option "exact match" (try find "rar" package for see how it works)
-remove tray icon (at present i can`t make it stable, may by later)
-pacmanDizz insert in pacmanxg
-fix some bug in news

-language support for interface - try translate any langs/*.lang file and send me on e-mail.

to MaNNa:
You are free to use gksu or something like this. But pacmanxg may work without these utilities.

to brando56894:
minimal for running pacmanxg :   archlinux + xorg-server (with depences)

with icons try  archlinux + xorg-server + xterm (it`s work for me in x32)

Last edited by minoshi (2012-07-13 00:23:19)

Yours,
Alexandre Minoshi

#87 2012-07-13 04:51:42

MaNNa

@minoshi

Yes, you are right of course. smile  I was trying to help some of the others above with their problems.

It can be authorized several ways, but the fastest is just starting pacmanxg directly, as you mentioned.

I just updated to the new release, and wow! It is getting better and better all the time, and this new release is just awesome! I wish I could vote for pacmanxg more than once! smile

BTW, no problem about the tray icon. I don't know about others, but I never turned it on anyway, as it wasn't all that necessary or useful.

Please know Alexandre, that all your hard excellent work on this is very much appreciated.

May God continue to guide your thoughts and actions, and all the best in Jesus' name,

†MaNNa

EDIT:
I just updated to the second update (4.11.3-2), and just found a day after the first update that nothing can be installed or removed. Normally we can click on the Query box to the left of the file name and it will say Install, or, Remove and such. Or you can right click on the file name to do these things also. Or simply Ctl+I to Install. But none of these things seem to work Alexandre.

Just thought you would want this reported, even though you may already know.

Last edited by MaNNa (2012-08-01 06:44:29)

In God's love,

And Jesus prayed to The Father, "And this is the way to eternal life - to know You, the Only True God, and Jesus Christ the One You sent to earth.

#88 2012-07-16 15:34:13

minoshi

MaNNa wrote:

@minoshi
EDIT:
I just updated to the second update (4.11.3-2), and just found a day after the first update that nothing can be installed or removed. Normally we can click on the Query box to the left of the file name and it will say Install, or, Remove and such. Or you can right click on the file name to do these things also. Or simply Ctl+I to Install. But none of these things seem to work Alexandre.

Bill

Try 4.11.4

Fixed ?

Yours,
Alexandre Minoshi

#89 2012-07-17 02:47:06

MaNNa

minoshi wrote:
MaNNa wrote:

@minoshi
EDIT:

Bill

Try 4.11.4

Fixed ?

Yes. Fixed. smile

The only small glitch I now see at the moment is that when you request an 'Install' or 'Remove', the dialogue box just sits there spinning the icon (nice BTW) with nice Yes and No buttons waiting for a response, but doesn't say "Do you wish to continue?" or anything like this.

Also, after the latest Arch update of pkgtools, we got this:

- pkgtools no longer provides the pkgfile command.
  This is now provided by the 'pkgfile' package.

Which means that 'pkgfile' now needs to be installed separately. However, even though pacmanxg threw an error about this, everything seemed to work ok anyway. I say 'seemed' because I'm sure there must be something pkgfile does that I didn't catch as of that test.

I may mention too that you may want to change the word 'Query' on that column to 'Request' or possibly 'Operation', or even possibly 'Function'. Maybe makes more sense in this case. But somebody else may want to comment on this with an even better column heading, but 'Request' is my favorite at the moment. smile

Last edited by MaNNa (2012-08-01 06:45:05)

In God's love,

#90 2012-07-17 07:47:48

minoshi

MaNNa wrote:

The only small glitch I now see at the moment is that when you request an 'Install' or 'Remove', the dialogue box just sits there spinning the icon (nice BTW) with nice Yes and No buttons waiting for a response, but doesn't say "Do you wish to continue?" or anything like this.

give me screenshot, pls

MaNNa wrote:

Also, after the latest Arch update of pkgtools, we got this:

- pkgtools no longer provides the pkgfile command.
  This is now provided by the 'pkgfile' package.

thanks, i have not see this message, info in PKGBUILD will be updated

MaNNa wrote:

I may mention too that you may want to change the word 'Query' on that column to 'Request' or possibly 'Operation', or even possibly 'Function'. Maybe makes more sense in this case. But somebody else may want to comment on this with an even better column heading, but 'Request' is my favorite at the moment. smile

may be smile At present you may open /opt/pacmanxg4/langs/en.lang in any text editor, find string "mainfo be_query_all: tbooleaneditradio" and change property "caption" with any word you want.

Last edited by minoshi (2012-07-17 07:48:42)

Yours,
Alexandre Minoshi

#91 2012-07-17 09:44:33

MaNNa

minoshi wrote:
MaNNa wrote:

give me screenshot, pls

Oops, it does say 'Continue?' down at the bottom. Didn't catch it before. Sorry. sad

MaNNa wrote:

may be smile At present you may open /opt/pacmanxg4/langs/en.lang in any text editor, find string "mainfo be_query_all: tbooleaneditradio" and change property "caption" with any word you want.

Excellent! That sounds good my friend. Will change it there.

EDIT: Actually found that and changed it to 'Action' instead of 'Request'. Saved and started pacmanxg4, but no change. Tried another place (mainfo sg0: tstringgrid) also (which looks more like where the column heading that I want to change should be changed), but no change there either.  Hey, not a big deal, so no problem.   -- 'Action' is now my favorite. LOL

Alexandre, I suggest you remove the '-bin' off the file name 'pacmanxg4-bin'. It's a little confusing and the '-bin' is not necessary my friend. PacmanXG4 is simply a great name by itself, even as a package file name. Just a thought. smile

Last edited by MaNNa (2012-07-17 11:44:22)

In God's love,

#92 2012-07-17 15:07:56

minoshi

MaNNa wrote:

EDIT: Actually found that and changed it to 'Action' instead of 'Request'. Saved and started pacmanxg4, but no change. Tried another place (mainfo sg0: tstringgrid) also (which looks more like where the column heading that I want to change should be changed), but no change there either.  Hey, not a big deal, so no problem.   -- 'Action' is now my favorite. LOL

Are you select "en.lang" in Settings -> Interface -> Language and click "Set" after editing?  Pacman allows for changing the language without having to restart the program (at least works for me:))

Of cause, if your English good, you may prepare en.lang and send me by e-mail for including in package.

MaNNa wrote:

I suggest you remove the '-bin' off the file name 'pacmanxg4-bin'. It's a little confusing and the '-bin' is not necessary my friend. PacmanXG4 is simply a great name by itself, even as a package file name. Just a thought. smile

No. "bin" means binary. User just install and use, he does not have to compile the package.

Last edited by minoshi (2012-07-17 15:08:27)

Yours,
Alexandre Minoshi

#93 2012-07-17 15:10:35

minoshi

In first post I add  step by step how run pacmanxg  (minimum requirements smile )

Last edited by minoshi (2012-07-17 15:11:43)

Yours,
Alexandre Minoshi

#94 2012-07-17 16:57:55

MaNNa

minoshi wrote:
MaNNa wrote:

Are you select "en.lang" in Settings -> Interface -> Language and click "Set" after editing?  Pacman allows for changing the language without having to restart the program (at least works for me:))

No I wasn't doing that, so this would be why it didn't take. smile  I will let you know how all this works out my friend.

Of cause, if your English good, you may prepare en.lang and send me by e-mail for including in package.

Okay, sounds good, will let you know on that.

MaNNa wrote:

I suggest you remove the '-bin' off the file name 'pacmanxg4-bin'. It's a little confusing and the '-bin' is not necessary my friend. PacmanXG4 is simply a great name by itself, even as a package file name. Just a thought. smile

No. "bin" means binary. User just install and use, he does not have to compile the package.

Yes, I know bin means binary (no compiling), but what I didn't know is that installing from AUR required the '-bin' on the package name to tell the installer that it was binary and that no compiling was necessary. That is interesting, and I thank you for straightening me out on this. smile

=======
EDIT:
Okay, this is what I've got so far:

1)  The en.lng works just as you said. So at this point I'm doing a cleanup and changing some words and such on that. Thank you for helping me get that going. smile  As I get it complete, I will send it to you via email. << UPDATE: email sent >>

2)  Here's the '-bin' situation. I thought I would really experiment with this thoroughly for you, to see if we could now possibly build the package without the '-bin' to help make the package name a little less confusing. Yes it works perfectly and installs/stores the file name as 'pacmanxg4'. Maybe some changes to 'makepkg' have been made since you last tested this. So these are the steps I took for this experiment:

It took a little effort as I had to let it download all the files with the '-bin' into the /tmp directory as usual. Then copied that whole directory out to a working directory. At that point I edited the PKGBUILD pkgname from pkgname=pacmanxg4-bin to pkgname=pacmanxg4. Then removed/renamed the '-bin' off all the downloaded files. Went to a terminal and CDed to that directory and ran 'makepkg'.  It worked perfectly as it built and compressed the file to:  pacmanxg4-4.11.4-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz   BTW, I did have to manually remove/uninstall the pacmanxg4-bin package before installing pacmanxg4-4.11.4-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz.

The problem with this, of course, is that I will have to download the '.bz2' binary separately each time unless/if you will fix/change this all without the '-bin', as it won't update automatically otherwise. sad

3)  Now a new problem: sad  Updated to the latest KDE (4.8.97) and now the built-in authentication to root will not start the main PXG4 program. This must be something weird with this RC build of KDE because this was working just fine before the upgrade to 4.8.97. BTW, all the other authentication methods (gksu, sux, kdesu, and such) work just fine and take you directly into the PXG4 main program.

4)  There is another problem that I just spotted, and that is with the 'Have Update' feature of PXG4, which is really sweet BTW! When you press 'Have Update' and get the listing, there are some files there that have already been updated to the latest version but are part of that listing. And if you click '+ All' to do an upgrade/install of the whole list and then continue, PXG4 will attempt to 'Downgrade' those packages that are already upgraded, and on this list.  So you have to carefully go down through the -sometimes long- list, and turn off the Install for those particular files.  Yes, I know, strange!

I have screenshots of all this if you need them.
=======

Last edited by MaNNa (2012-08-01 06:45:55)

In God's love,

#95 2012-07-19 15:55:02

minoshi

MaNNa wrote:

2)  Here's the '-bin' situation. I thought I would really experiment with this thoroughly for you, to see if we could now possibly build the package without the '-bin' to help make the package name a little less confusing. Yes it works perfectly and installs/stores the file name as 'pacmanxg4'. Maybe some changes to 'makepkg' have been made since you lasted tested this. So these are the steps I took for this experiment:

It took a little effort as I had to let it download all the files with the '-bin' into the /tmp directory as usual. Then copied that whole directory out to a working directory. At that point I edited the PKGBUILD pkgname from pkgname=pacmanxg4-bin to pkgname=pacmanxg4. Then removed/renamed the '-bin' off all the downloaded files. Went to a terminal and CDed to that directory and ran 'makepkg'.  It worked perfectly as it built and compressed the file to:  pacmanxg4-4.11.4-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz   BTW, I did have to manually remove/uninstall the pacmanxg4-bin package before installing pacmanxg4-4.11.4-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz.

The problem with this, of course, is that I will have to download the '.bz2' binary separately each time unless/if you will fix/change this all without the '-bin', as it won't update automatically otherwise. sad

To all : Who else is reading that the package should be renamed?

MaNNa wrote:

3)  Now a new problem: sad  Updated to the latest KDE (4.8.97) and now the built-in authentication to root will not start the main PXG4 program. This must be something weird with this RC build of KDE because this was working just fine before the upgrade to 4.8.97. BTW, all the other authentication methods (gksu, sux, kdesu, and such) work just fine and take you directly into the PXG4 main program.

I didn`t like KDE 4x and don`t use it. I try to fix but not promise. Now you may use "gksu pacmanxg".

MaNNa wrote:

4)  There is another problem that I just spotted, and that is with the 'Have Update' feature of PXG4, which is really sweet BTW! When you press 'Have Update' and get the listing, there are some files there that have already been updated to the latest version but are part of that listing. And if you click '+ All' to do an upgrade/install of the whole list and then continue, PXG4 will attempt to 'Downgrade' those packages that are already upgraded, and on this list.  So you have to carefully go down through the -sometimes long- list, and turn off the Install for those particular files.  Yes, I know, strange!
I have screenshots of all this if you need them my friend.

Send me your mirrorlist and pacman.conf and screenshots via e-mail. I`ll answer you latter.

Yours,
Alexandre Minoshi

#96 2012-07-20 05:15:20

MaNNa

minoshi wrote:

Send me your mirrorlist and pacman.conf and screenshots via e-mail. I`ll answer you latter.

Sent...

In God's love,

#97 2012-07-20 18:52:49

minoshi

in 4.12.1beta temporally not work parameter --exec. This version for fixing some bug, reported one russian speaking user. And now I wait report, who it work. Please, be patient.

Last edited by minoshi (2012-07-20 18:56:43)

Yours,
Alexandre Minoshi

#98 2012-07-22 18:38:59

minoshi

4.12.2 beta

--exec returns
--some bugfixes

please try

Last edited by minoshi (2012-07-22 18:39:13)

Yours,
Alexandre Minoshi

#99 2012-07-24 06:41:06

MaNNa

MaNNa wrote:

minoshi wrote:

I try to fix but not promise. Now you may use "gksu pacmanxg".

This is working fine now in:  4.12.2b  Good job.

Last edited by MaNNa (2012-07-31 04:24:35)

In God's love,

#100 2012-07-31 20:31:02

minoshi

main change - you need not set usecolor=0 in /etc/yaourtrc

Yours,
Alexandre Minoshi

Board footer