You are not logged in.

#51 2013-07-25 15:02:38

tzomatz

Re: RTL8188CE Issues

I have gotten the item in the mail. So I am going to try later tonight and see if it gets any better.

I am amazed that realtek cant fix the drivers though. How hard could it be?

#52 2013-07-25 16:07:34

WonderWoofy

Wow, that took a while.  I hope it works out for you.  You *should* be able to just slap it in, and as long as it makes it though POST, udev should recognize and load the proper modules without issue.  That is of course, assuming that you ended up with the Intel card. 

I have wondered too why realtek can't seem to make decent modules for their HW.  I always see them having things committed to the kernel, but it is never going back to fix things, but rather just add new HW support.  Though I think it is good to have the support for new HW, I really wish that they would tend to their already mainlined stuff as well...

#53 2013-07-25 21:02:54

tzomatz

I have just installed the card. It went trough the BIOS POST without any problems, and like you said Udev detected my card fine. This card works MUCH better than the realtek one.

I bought an Intel card yes.

Thanks for the heads up regaring the FRU numbers. Would have bought the wrong one if it wasnt for you.

Have a good night.

Board footer