You are not logged in.

#51 2012-01-11 20:36:49

a1ex

Re: pcmanfm is "Not Authorized" to mount usb drives

Oh yes. consolekit. I have a laptop where everything works, although it probably shouldn't. And a desktop where it doesn't even though it feels like I tried everything. Both use slim and .xinitrc.

I might play with it a bit more and post results/configurations, but for now I'll just leave this link which came up during my google search.
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=598150
Seemed to be the most potentially useful thing I came across.

#52 2012-01-11 21:18:53

wonder
Developer
Website

really, you guys do not need any configuration changes.

the only thing that you need is to authorize in the right way to consolekit and to have an agent(polkit-gnome) started.

after that your favorite  file manager will ask your password, if the user is in wheel group, or root password, otherwise

Last edited by wonder (2012-01-11 21:19:41)

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

#53 2012-01-11 21:24:39

kerios

greyscale's fix on page 2 #37 worked for me

Last edited by kerios (2012-02-01 12:46:43)

#54 2012-01-13 05:08:41

TastyDr.Pepper

And I am still having issues after reading all 3 pages. I mean even sudo is set up to not as for my password ( It's a flash drive install and I honestly don't care about security on it ) but I can't read the internal disks on the computer without mounting them by hand using sudo? It's a little insane.

EDIT:
I Have fixed my "version" of this issues by using gvfs and polkit-gnome

mkdir -p ~/.config/autostart
cp /etc/xdg/autostart/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1.desktop ~/.config/autostart

which I pulled from the LXDE wiki page worked just fine.... but it still asks for my password when I want to mount internal disks, but it's easier than opening up a terminal and mounting disks by hand.

Last edited by TastyDr.Pepper (2012-01-13 05:16:22)

#55 2012-01-14 01:22:48

c2ypt1c

TastyDr.Pepper wrote:

And I am still having issues after reading all 3 pages. I mean even sudo is set up to not as for my password ( It's a flash drive install and I honestly don't care about security on it ) but I can't read the internal disks on the computer without mounting them by hand using sudo? It's a little insane.

EDIT:
I Have fixed my "version" of this issues by using gvfs and polkit-gnome

mkdir -p ~/.config/autostart
cp /etc/xdg/autostart/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1.desktop ~/.config/autostart

which I pulled from the LXDE wiki page worked just fine.... but it still asks for my password when I want to mount internal disks, but it's easier than opening up a terminal and mounting disks by hand.

If you read my post (2nd-from-last-post on page 2), you would have noticed that this was MY solution! ALL MINE!!!!! lol jk...But seriously guys, if you're having trouble, try polkit-gnome + gvfs.

Last edited by c2ypt1c (2012-01-14 01:24:40)

#56 2012-01-15 00:35:17

MFserver
Website

I had the same problem (an alert saying 'Not authorized'), and I followed https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PC … ith_udisks to fix it. I have gvfs, consolekit and polkit-gnome installed. My xinitrc line for starting openbox:

exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch openbox-session

I have a file /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/55-storage.pkla with the exact same content as the wiki suggests. I don't know if I have polkit-gnome running at all actually, but this setup is currently working for me smile

Sometimes, when I'm trying to get any audio software or hardware working with my system, I wonder why I ditched Windows. But every time I work at a windows computer, I remember it again.

#57 2012-05-22 15:06:26

vs.chronos

This is my first reply and I hope it helps. We don't need to give each time the root passwd for "authorizing the mount/umount" of a device, there is a way to avoid it and I'll try to explain it smile So, this is what I found (and it works well!!):

I suppose the following:
1. The WM (Openbox for example) is started as mentioned so many times on the forum (in the .xinitrc file):
    exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch openbox-session
2. udisks2 is installed ("pacman -Ql | grep udisks2" should prove it)
3. You have pcmanfm (i like it for simplicity).
4. Your user is part of the group storage (as described in this forum)

Once you open pcmanfm and then you insert a usb stick, you will see it in the left panel of pcmanfm. To mount it, you click on it and it will then ask you for a password to authorize it. If you click on "Details" it will show you a description and a kind of hyperlink saying something similar to:
      org.freedesktop.udisks2.filesystem-mount-system
or
     org.freedesktop.udisks2.filesystem-mount
or also something similar for umounting.

Now, copy that text and then go to edit the file "etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/55-myconf.pkla"
It should have a content like this:
---
[Storage Permissions]
Identity=unix-group:storage
Action=org.freedesktop.udisks.filesystem-mount;org.freedesktop.udisks.drive-eject;org.freedesktop.udisks.drive-detach;org.freedesktop.udisks.luks-unlock;org.freedesktop.udisks.inhibit-polling;org.freedesktop.udisks.drive-set-spindown;org.freedesktop.udisks.filesystem-mount-system-internal;
ResultAny=yes
ResultActive=yes
ResultInactive=yes
---

The only trick for avoiding to be asked all the time for the password is to add the message we copied from the pcmanfm warning at the end of the "Action" field (semi-colon separated lines) of the file we have just opened:
----
Action=org.freedesktop.udisks.filesystem-mount;org.freedesktop.udisks.drive-eject;org.freedesktop.udisks.drive-detach;org.freedesktop.udisks.luks-unlock;org.freedesktop.udisks.inhibit-polling;org.freedesktop.udisks.drive-set-spindown;org.freedesktop.udisks.filesystem-mount-system-internal; org.freedesktop.udisks2.filesystem-mount-system;org.freedesktop.udisks2.filesystem-mount;org.freedesktop.udisks2.filesystem-unmount-others;org.freedesktop.udisks2.modify-device
----

After adding that lines, we will never be asked again for the root passwd smile I hope it was understandable and any comment or blame please let me know......

#58 2012-06-26 18:50:55

more10

Solved this by removing ck-launch-session and dbus-launch from ~/.xinitrc. The newest version of slim handles this. I also added myself to group "disk", maybe that helped too.

$ pacman -Qs slim
local/slim 1.3.3-5

$ cat .xinitrc | grep openbox-session
exec openbox-session

Edit: Rewrote since the problem is solved

Last edited by more10 (2012-06-26 19:21:02)

#59 2012-06-27 15:46:48

Skarjak

I can confirm that simply updating slim to the newest version and removing ck-launch-session and dbus-launch from the exec statement solves this (using awesomeWM).  I don't think adding yourself to the disk group did anything.

Board footer