You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-02 21:10:15

green_meep

[Solved] Direct Rendering: no (also why HoN crashes on startup)

Hey guys -
I've been trying to get the game Heroes of Newerth working on my computer, but I've been largely unsuccessful, because it opens a black screen then crashes.

I figured the problem was due to the fact that

glxinfo | grep direct

reports

direct rendering: No (If you want to find out why, try setting LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose)

I'm at a loss why, as my research says that my Radeon X1600 card should support it (I believe I saw that it did when I was running Ubuntu).

I'm not sure which logs you guys would want to see in this case, but I'll provide them when you ask.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I remembered that "glxgears" reported some 60FPS, so I have a feeling the drivers are probably incorrectly installed.

Last edited by green_meep (2012-04-02 23:48:41)

#2 2012-04-02 23:12:52

matse

Re: [Solved] Direct Rendering: no (also why HoN crashes on startup)

Have a look here. Further the catalyst article says that just chipsets >= R600 are supported by fglrx - so you are using open source radeon drivers?

#3 2012-04-02 23:47:52

green_meep

Re: [Solved] Direct Rendering: no (also why HoN crashes on startup)

Yes, I'm using the open source drivers. I tinkered with it a bit more, and I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but my problem was that I hadn't included myself in the Video group. HoN itself had an outdated library, and so it was crashing because of that.

Solved!

Board footer