I made AUR packages to use the nvidia made patch for the 295.33 nvidia driver which corrects the vulnerability according to the Nvidia site:
nvidia-utils-patched 295.33-1 package
nvidia-patched 295.33-2 package
opencl-nvidia-patched 295.33-1 package
To install them follow this method:
1) go out of GUI environment (the nvidia module should not be in use)
2) build the nvidia-utils-patched and opencl-nvidia-patched packages
3) under root uninstall the nvidia package
4) install the nvidia-utils-patched and opencl-nvidia-patched packages
5) build the nvidia-patched package and install it
6) to use the patched module run:
modprobe -r nvidia && modprobe nvidia
7) restart the GUI under user login
I tested it on my computer and I keep the same opengl performances as before (ie not degraded) with hopefully a more secure nvidia driver.
Last edited by berbae (2012-04-19 21:38:50)
I just updated , and the latest nvidia driver 295.49 has fixed all problems . Will mark Solved .Thank You .
That's great and I can confirm this. 295.49 is working very well.
Working fine here too.