You are not logged in.

#51 2012-09-05 19:51:32

Paramvir
Website

Re: New Conky Weather Program with Weather Alerts - conkywx

rbbt wrote:

Hi Paramvir,
Your conky seems very nice but I can't use it, can you make an short explanation about how to use it or send me a conf file that I can modify and use.

Hi - Thanks

Please refer to the manual  "man conkywx" pages or the wiki at https://bitbucket.org/plikhari/conkywx_pub/wiki/Home for detailed instructions / explanations.

The examples folder at /usr/share/conkywx/examples has many examples which can be used as is. Use the conky-restart.sh file to run the program. Have a look inside conky-restart.sh for examples on how to run the scripts.

cheers

Last edited by Paramvir (2012-09-05 19:52:24)

#52 2012-09-06 08:38:58

rbbt

@Paramvir, I checked examples and conky-restart.sh but I didn't realize how it work at first. But now I know how.

PS: I have exams on the weekend I think I studied too much. :S

After exams I will try it again (:

#53 2012-09-07 09:18:12

Paramvir
Website

rbbt wrote:

@Paramvir, I checked examples and conky-restart.sh but I didn't realize how it work at first. But now I know how.

PS: I have exams on the weekend I think I studied too much. :S

After exams I will try it again (:

Great big_smile - just need to get a grip on conky and it is FUN! wink

#54 2012-09-07 18:26:19

userlander

I put my 9-character xml_ID and Location URL with format Location=http://www.wunderground.com/US/NY/MyCity.html in /etc/conkywx/conkywx.conf, and ${execpi conkywx -d CT -c /etc/conkywx/conkywx.conf} in ~/.conkyrc, and absolutely nothing happens. What did I do wrong?

> edit: okay, running the conky-restart.sh script brought up the conkywx info, but then my regular conky isn't displayed. Why can't conkywx just be called from inside conky? *confused*

Last edited by userlander (2012-09-07 18:30:46)

#55 2012-09-07 20:18:15

Paramvir
Website

userlander wrote:

I put my 9-character xml_ID and Location URL with format Location=http://www.wunderground.com/US/NY/MyCity.html in /etc/conkywx/conkywx.conf, and ${execpi conkywx -d CT -c /etc/conkywx/conkywx.conf} in ~/.conkyrc, and absolutely nothing happens. What did I do wrong?

> edit: okay, running the conky-restart.sh script brought up the conkywx info, but then my regular conky isn't displayed. Why can't conkywx just be called from inside conky? *confused*

Hey Thanks for your message big_smile

conky on it's own does not display anything - it uses a config file with a "-c config file path/name" option. There is a default config file which is mainly an example. To display  2 or more conky screens you can give multiple "conky -c config" lines and multiple instances of conky are therefore run. In the conky-restart.sh you will see many examples -

conky -c "$WX_DIR/examples/conky-system.sh" & 

is commented and shows an example for showing your system information.

There are two ways we can resolve this:

1. you can either copy your "conky -c your config file" line and add it here to conky-restart.sh and use this script to run your conky setup
    or

2. copy the export line in the beginning of the conky-restart.sh file

WX_DIR="/usr/share/conkywx"; export WX_DIR

at the beginning of your start script of conky then copy the conkywx line

conky -c "$WX_DIR/examples/wx-wu-font-short-conkyrc.sh" & 

as well. Read the comments in the conky-restart.sh file to guide you further.

Please refer to the manual pages of conkywx "man conkywx" in a terminal window - for more information on conkywx and also google for how to use conky -  you will see a world of information to guide you - otherwise you can always give us another shout big_smile

Let me know if this resolves your issue. smile

cheers

#56 2012-09-08 18:34:27

rbbt

At last I make it work but after reboot I can't use it.

Now I want to ask something. I went to /usr/share/conkywx folder and checked conky-restart.sh it starts one of the script from the examples, right? So I copied that script to my conky folder, then I checked this script and I see that it calls for conky.conf from /etc/conkywx and a template from the examples folder. So I copied those files to my conky folder too. I made changes in scripts of course. And I could modify the conky but I couldn't modify the conf file. Nothing happens when I make changes in it. What did I do wrong ? (:

#57 2012-09-09 03:51:56

Paramvir
Website

rbbt wrote:

At last I make it work but after reboot I can't use it.

Now I want to ask something. I went to /usr/share/conkywx folder and checked conky-restart.sh it starts one of the script from the examples, right? So I copied that script to my conky folder, then I checked this script and I see that it calls for conky.conf from /etc/conkywx and a template from the examples folder. So I copied those files to my conky folder too. I made changes in scripts of course. And I could modify the conky but I couldn't modify the conf file. Nothing happens when I make changes in it. What did I do wrong ? (:

copy this line as well - after #!/bin/bash but before any conkywx commands in your script that starts conky and let me know if it works -  this is an export for path variable

WX_DIR="/usr/share/conkywx"; export WX_DIR

The file /etc/conkywx/conkywx.conf can be edited as root or using sudo. If you want to use a local copy you can cp it to your location but ensure you have the user rights. You may use chown - check man chown for usage.

Edit: you will need to state the name and location of this local config file with a "-c /path/filename" option when calling conkywx - see conkyrc files in examples directory.

Last edited by Paramvir (2012-09-09 06:26:57)

#58 2012-09-09 10:21:04

rbbt

Try again today and it worked.

This time I didn't copy files and start conky from /usr/share/conkywx folder. First I opened conky-restart.sh and enabled wx-wu-image-conkyrc.sh and started it. Then started to make changes in wx-wu-image-conkyrc.sh script and I made it fully transparent everything seemed fine. Then I started to play with conkywx.conf but I have to restart conky in order to see changes. That is the only thing I didn't like (:

Screen (:

UBUzfs.jpg

#59 2012-09-09 14:20:40

Paramvir
Website

rbbt wrote:

Try again today and it worked.

This time I didn't copy files and start conky from /usr/share/conkywx folder. First I opened conky-restart.sh and enabled wx-wu-image-conkyrc.sh and started it. Then started to make changes in wx-wu-image-conkyrc.sh script and I made it fully transparent everything seemed fine. Then I started to play with conkywx.conf but I have to restart conky in order to see changes. That is the only thing I didn't like (:

Screen (:

Fantastic big_smile

Yes to see changes in conky you have to restart it as conkywx needs to run again to read the config file.

Now all you have to do is position the output by changing the "gap_y" in the wx-wu-image-conkyrc.sh. The config is fully transparent - you just need to comment the background image with a # character.

Also if you notice each conkyrc.sh file has a similarly named template.sh which has the information that is displayed on the screen.

#60 2012-09-12 11:17:02

Paramvir
Website

Conky Weather Program conkywx ver 0.7.3 released
  • Units_downloaded is reintroduced in the conkywx.conf

• Feels Like temp corrected for Locales where download is in IMperial units

• show_short_cond_text - New option introduced in conkywx.conf

• automatically checks for new conkywx version every 24 hours and displays popup notification

NOTE: The new conkywx.conf will be saved as /etc/conkywx/conkywx.conf.pacnew - review the changes and update your conkywx.conf

Read the conkywx man page.

This man page is also viewable at the conkywx wiki page https://bitbucket.org/plikhari/conkywx_pub/wiki/Home

Here is the conkywx AUR package https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=59931

Feedback please smile - Thanks

#61 2012-09-13 09:35:20

X-dark
Website

Hi,
First, thank you for this.
Could you make the internet connectivity check disableable ? I'm behind a proxy and ping request cannot go through.
Thanks.

Cedric Girard

#62 2012-09-15 06:43:49

Paramvir
Website

X-dark wrote:

Hi,
Could you make the internet connectivity check disableable ? I'm behind a proxy and ping request cannot go through.
Thanks.

You are welcome smile

If you edit the /usr/share/conkywx.sh file - there is a function check_net ()

comment this line - put # at the start of the line
if eval "ping -c 1 www.wunderground.com &> /dev/null"; then

add below that line
if eval "wget -q -O /dev/null --no-cache www.wunderground.com"; then

This is assuming you are using the /etc/wgetrc or ~/.wgetrc file [config file for wget] to add the user name, password and url for your proxy.

Let me know if you get through

Last edited by Paramvir (2012-09-15 06:54:43)

#63 2012-09-15 23:02:55

dtokarz

Hey Paramvir!

Great script!  Ive been using it since VinDSL has been using it in his conky posts.  I have a problem.  In 0.7.2 I was having a problem where it uses New Dehli as the current temps but my location (Tampa) for everything else.  It seemed to use your default .conf file instead of my custom one.  I think I figured out I was using a bad URL for the location.  Once I updated it it worked.  Now I am getting the same problem with 0.7.3.  This is my .conf call...

${execpi 900 conkywx -c "/home/dtokarz/.conky/weather/conkywx.conf" -t "/home/dtokarz/.conky/weather/Tampa.sh"}

The New Dehli location is commented out in my .conf file.  Any reason why it does that?  The debug shows New Dehli as the today forecast but Tampa as Element data output.

Edit:  I found that my reporting site stopped reporting for hours!  I changed it to a different site that is not rapid fire but quick enough.  It appears to now show correct data.  But if I run a conkywx --debug the wund-debug.log still shows New Dehli, but the today_forecast shows Tampa.  I'm confused.  smile

Last edited by dtokarz (2012-09-16 00:20:40)

#64 2012-09-16 19:40:15

X-dark
Website

Paramvir wrote:
X-dark wrote:

Hi,
Thanks.

You are welcome smile

If you edit the /usr/share/conkywx.sh file - there is a function check_net ()

comment this line - put # at the start of the line
if eval "ping -c 1 www.wunderground.com &> /dev/null"; then

add below that line
if eval "wget -q -O /dev/null --no-cache www.wunderground.com"; then

This is assuming you are using the /etc/wgetrc or ~/.wgetrc file [config file for wget] to add the user name, password and url for your proxy.

Let me know if you get through

I'll test next week (I'm not behind a proxy at the moment) but there is no reason this won't work as wget is configured to go through the proxy.

Cedric Girard

#65 2012-09-17 05:56:25

Paramvir
Website

dtokarz wrote:

Hey Paramvir!

Great script!  Ive been using it since VinDSL has been using it in his conky posts.  I have a problem.  In 0.7.2 I was having a problem where it uses New Dehli as the current temps but my location (Tampa) for everything else.  It seemed to use your default .conf file instead of my custom one.  I think I figured out I was using a bad URL for the location.  Once I updated it it worked.  Now I am getting the same problem with 0.7.3.  This is my .conf call...

${execpi 900 conkywx -c "/home/dtokarz/.conky/weather/conkywx.conf" -t "/home/dtokarz/.conky/weather/Tampa.sh"}

The New Dehli location is commented out in my .conf file.  Any reason why it does that?  The debug shows New Dehli as the today forecast but Tampa as Element data output.

Edit:  I found that my reporting site stopped reporting for hours!  I changed it to a different site that is not rapid fire but quick enough.  It appears to now show correct data.  But if I run a conkywx --debug the wund-debug.log still shows New Dehli, but the today_forecast shows Tampa.  I'm confused.  smile

Thank you for your message big_smile

You are right - there is an issue with the --debug output as it is picking up default information for config file as we are not issuing any config file information on the command line.

Working on a fix.

Thanks again

Last edited by Paramvir (2012-09-17 05:57:02)

#66 2012-09-19 15:59:25

Paramvir
Website

Conky Weather Program conkywx ver 0.7.4 released

Pleased to announce the release of the latest conkywx version wink

Changes and fixes:

• config file validations - exit if given file does not exist no fall back to default

• version check download file timestamp issue corrected

• check for internet now handled by wget not ping

• config file additions - show_lowercase_ampm

• config file additions - show_degsym_fc_temp

• use_xml issues fixed where even if set to 0 - would still download the default data

• Removed show_short_cond_text scattered from blacklist

• additional option -b which works same as --debug

• fixed --debug information to show config file used and xml_ID info.

NOTE:

• The new conkywx.conf will be saved as /etc/conkywx/conkywx.conf.pacnew - review the changes and update your conkywx.conf

• if you are using Gnome 3 - own_window_type in the *conkyrc.sh needs to be changed to normal

• *conkyrc.sh files are configured on XFCE 4.10 with compiz + emerald - you may need to tweak conkyrc examples for your DE

Read the conkywx man page - let no RTFM issues plague you!!! big_smile

This man page is also viewable at the conkywx wiki page https://bitbucket.org/plikhari/conkywx_pub/wiki/Home

Here is the conkywx AUR package https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=59931

Feedback please smile - Thanks

#67 2012-09-20 05:43:01

Prickle

Hi, first thanks for great job. I use it, I like it smile

Is there any way to change Temperature Trend (FCTT) output from words "Steady", "Rising" etc to symbols, arrows perhaps?

#68 2012-09-20 05:56:47

Paramvir
Website

Prickle wrote:

Hi, first thanks for great job. I use it, I like it smile

Is there any way to change Temperature Trend (FCTT) output from words "Steady", "Rising" etc to symbols, arrows perhaps?

Hey thanks - that is great. big_smile

Not yet but yes that would be nice - I can add that for an option request. smile

Edit: typo

Last edited by Paramvir (2012-09-21 08:40:07)

#69 2012-09-20 19:44:41

wdirksen

Well 0.6.8 was working quite well despite some artifacts here and there so I decided to upgrade. Strange that 0.7.3 and 0.7.4 just blanks out. I'm going to provide the pertinent files and see if something sticks out for knowledgeable:

conkywx.conf

use_xml=1
xml_ID=IWAIKATO26  #Raglan

#Location=http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.15.06350 #Tilburg
Location=http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.16.93119 #Raglan

Units_to_Use=SI
Units_downloaded=SI

Units_show=1				# if you want to see units like km/h etc in conky
use_short_date=1			# Sunday, 27 will become Sun 27
show_notification=1			# Every update a popup notification shows
show_short_cond_text=0		        # use short Present Condition text

show_lowercase_ampm=1
show_degsym_fc_temp=4

Time_format=12
today_date_format="%A %b, %d %Y"

minimum_fetch_time=870

# --- DO NOT TOUCH SECTION ---
main_url="http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/"
xml_url="http://api.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXCurrentObXML.asp?ID="

.conkyrc

# Use Xft?
use_xft yes
xftfont Trebuchet MS:size=9
xftalpha 0.8
text_buffer_size 2048

# Update interval in seconds
update_interval 3

# This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
# Set to zero to run forever.
total_run_times 0

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    own_window yes
    own_window_transparent yes
    #own_window_type normal
    own_window_type desktop
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
double_buffer yes

# Minimum size of text area
minimum_size 470 0

# Draw shades?
draw_shades no

# Draw outlines?
draw_outline no

# Draw borders around text
draw_borders no

# Stippled borders?
stippled_borders 0

# border margins
border_margin 5

# border width
border_width 1

# Default colors and also border colors
default_color white
own_window_colour white

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
alignment top_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text
# same thing as passing -x at command line
gap_x 40
gap_y 40

# Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
no_buffers yes

# set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
uppercase no

# number of cpu samples to average
# set to 1 to disable averaging
cpu_avg_samples 2

# number of net samples to average
# set to 1 to disable averaging
net_avg_samples 2

# Force UTF8? note that UTF8 support required XFT
override_utf8_locale yes

# Add spaces to keep things from moving about?  This only affects certain objects.
use_spacer none

# colors
color1 white
# light blue
color2 6892C6
# orange
#E77320
color3 FC8820
# green
color4 78BF39
# red
color5 CC0000

TEXT
#DATE ${hr 2}
#
#
${alignc 38}${font Trebuchet MS:size=28}${time %H:%M}${font}
${alignc}${font Trebuchet MS:size=11}${time %A, %d %B %Y}${font}

QUOTES & ANECDOTES ${hr 2}

${execi 120 fortune -s}

SYSTEM ${hr 2}

CPU TEMP:   $acpitemp deg C
CPU USED:   ${cpu cpu}%
RAM USED:   $memperc%  ($mem/$memmax)

${exec cat /home/mythtv/storage/mythtv/.smartctl_out.txt}

WEATHER ${hr 2}

${execpi 900 conkywx -t "/usr/share/conkywx/examples/wx-wu-font-template"}

Debug log:

************* conkywx variables used *************

config_file=/etc/conkywx/conkywx.conf
		use_xml=1 
		xml_ID=IWAIKATO26 
		Location=http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.16.93119 
		Units_to_Use=SI 
		Units_downloaded=SI
		Units_show=1 
		use_short_date=1 
		show_short_cond_text=0
		show_notification=1 
		Time_format=12 
		today_date_format=%A %b, %d %Y 
		minimum_fetch_time=870 
		main_url=http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/ 
		xml_url=http://api.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXCurrentObXML.asp?ID= 
		fupdate= 

************* Today forecast - source Location data *************
Raglan Weather at a Glance
Updated 
5:25 AM NZST
Weather Station - report
Raglan, Raglan
Now
Mostly Cloudy
Temp_now
Pressure
Visibility
Clouds
Few
Mostly Cloudy
Moisture
Humidity
70%
Rainfall
-
Not available.
Snow Depth
Not available.
Windchill
Dew Point
Wind
Calm
Wind Gust
Health
UV
Pollen
Not available.
Air Quality
Not available.
Flu Activity
Not available.
************* Astro forecast - source Location data *************
Sep. 21, 2012
Rise
Set
Actual Time
6:11 AM NZST
6:16 PM NZST
Civil Twilight
5:45 AM NZST
6:42 PM NZST
Nautical Twilight
5:15 AM NZST
7:12 PM NZST
Astronomical Twilight
4:44 AM NZST
7:43 PM NZST
Moon
9:17 AM NZST (9/21)
No Moon Set
Length Of Visible Light
12h 56m
Length of Day
12h 04m
Tomorrow will be 2m 24s longer.
Waxing Crescent, 27% of the Moon is Illuminated
Today
Waxing Crescent
Sep 23
First Quarter
Sep 30
Full
Oct 8
Last Quarter
Oct 16
New
Visit Astronomy
************* Day Info - source Location data *************
7-Day Weather Forecast
for
Raglan
Friday, 21
16 | 2
Partly Cloudy
0%
Saturday, 22
16 | 5
Partly Cloudy
0%
Sunday, 23
17 | 5
Partly Cloudy
0%
Monday, 24
18 | 8
Partly Cloudy
0%
Tuesday, 25
17 | 9
Chance of Rain
40%
Wednesday, 26
18 | 4
Chance of Rain
70%
Thursday, 27
18 | 6
Partly Cloudy
0%
Friday, 28
19 | 8
Partly Cloudy
0%
************* XML Info - source xml data *************
neighborhood
 Raglan
station_id
 IWAIKATO26
station_type
 WM-918
observation_time
 Last Updated on September 21, 5:25 AM NZST
observation_time_rfc822
 Thu, 20 Sep 2012 17:25:30 GMT
temperature_string
 46.9 F (8.3 C)
temp_f
temp_c
relative_humidity
wind_string
 Calm
wind_dir
 North
wind_degrees
wind_mph
wind_gust_mph
pressure_string
 30.27" (1024.9 mb)
pressure_mb
pressure_in
dewpoint_string
 37.8 F (3.2 C)
dewpoint_f
dewpoint_c
UV

precip_1hr_string
 0.00 in (0.0 mm)
precip_1hr_in
precip_1hr_metric
precip_today_string
 -999.00 in (-2537.5 cm)
precip_today_in
precip_today_metric
 -2537.5 cm
-
************* Element data output *************
PIF - D
PIC - /tmp/wx-mythtv-conkywx.conf-pChA_r_27u0-m39/nowCond.png
PT - 8°C
FL - 6°C
TD - Thursday Sep, 20 2012
CT - Mostly Cloudy
RF - N/A
HM - 70%
VI - 10.0 km
WD -  North
WS - 0.0 km/h
WG - 0.0 km/h
BF - I
SN - Raglan | IWAIKATO26
BR - 1024.9 hPa
UV - N/A
UVT - N/A
DP - 3°C
SR - 06:11 am
SS - 06:16 pm
LOV - 12h 56m
LOD - 12h 04m
MP - Waxing Crescent
MP1 - Waxing
MP2 - Crescent
MIF - c
MIC - /tmp/wx-mythtv-conkywx.conf-pChA_r_27u0-m39/nowmoon.png
MR - 09:17 am
MS - N/A
LU - 05:25 am | 05:25 am - IWAIKATO26
LF - 07:33 pm
FM - Sep 30
MV - 27%
NM - Oct 16
D1D - Fri 21
D1T - 16/2°C
D1C - Partly Cloudy
D1F - c
D1I - /tmp/wx-mythtv-conkywx.conf-pChA_r_27u0-m39/daily-1.png
D1P - 0%
D2D - Sat 22
D2T - 16/5°C
D2C - Partly Cloudy
D2F - c
D2I - /tmp/wx-mythtv-conkywx.conf-pChA_r_27u0-m39/daily-2.png
D2P - 0%
D3D - Sun 23
D3T - 17/5°C
D3C - Partly Cloudy
D3F - c
D3I - /tmp/wx-mythtv-conkywx.conf-pChA_r_27u0-m39/daily-3.png
D3P - 0%
D4D - Mon 24
D4T - 18/8°C
D4C - Partly Cloudy
D4F - c
D4I - /tmp/wx-mythtv-conkywx.conf-pChA_r_27u0-m39/daily-4.png
D4P - 0%
D5D - Tue 25
D5T - 17/9°C
D5C - Chance of Rain
D5F - h
D5I - /tmp/wx-mythtv-conkywx.conf-pChA_r_27u0-m39/daily-5.png
D5P - 40%
D6D - Wed 26
D6T - 18/4°C
D6C - Chance of Rain
D6F - h
D6I - /tmp/wx-mythtv-conkywx.conf-pChA_r_27u0-m39/daily-6.png
D6P - 70%
D7D - Thu 27
D7T - 18/6°C
D7C - Partly Cloudy
D7F - c
D7I - /tmp/wx-mythtv-conkywx.conf-pChA_r_27u0-m39/daily-7.png
D7P - 0%
D8D - Fri 28
D8T - 19/8°C
D8C - Partly Cloudy
D8F - c
D8I - /tmp/wx-mythtv-conkywx.conf-pChA_r_27u0-m39/daily-8.png
D8P - 0%
FCTP - Steady
FCTT - Steady

Research | Trial | Make Mistakes | Ask questions | Learn | Repeat

#70 2012-09-20 21:44:48

X-dark
Website

Paramvir wrote:
  • check for internet now handled by wget not ping

Working fine. Thanks for changing this.

Cedric Girard

#71 2012-09-21 08:37:15

Paramvir
Website

@ wdirksen
Well 0.6.8 was working quite well despite some artifacts here and there so I decided to upgrade. Strange that 0.7.3 and 0.7.4 just blanks out. I'm going to provide the pertinent files and see if something sticks out for knowledgeable:

Here seems to be the problem - The names of the templates has changed - refer to /usr/share/conkywx/conky-restart.sh - this has the names of the usable templates placed in the /usr/share/conkyex/examples directory.

${execpi 900 conkywx -t "/usr/share/conkywx/examples/wx-wu-font-template"} 

it should read

${execpi 900 conkywx -t "/usr/share/conkywx/examples/wx-wu-font-template.sh"} 

Remember to change the own_window_type for your DE.

I changed the names to .sh as the colour coding comes out in jedit [ or for that matter most of the linux editors] and it is so much easier to work with them rather than have every thing same colour wink

also check the /usr/share/conkyex/examples directory. - it has many more templates to use - you will see them in conky-restart.sh anyway.

Let me know if this works as all your data is fine big_smile

#72 2012-09-21 08:39:16

Paramvir
Website

X-dark wrote:

Working fine. Thanks for changing this.

Fantastic big_smile

#73 2012-09-21 21:19:59

wdirksen

@Paramvir

Here seems to be the problem - The names of the templates has changed - refer to /usr/share/conkywx/conky-restart.sh - this has the names of the usable templates placed in the /usr/share/conkyex/examples directory.

I was looking everywhere in the syntax except for the obvious .sh in front of me. Works like charm!
Thanks again. Very Very cool app!

Research | Trial | Make Mistakes | Ask questions | Learn | Repeat

#74 2012-09-23 18:55:05

Paramvir
Website

wdirksen wrote:

I was looking everywhere in the syntax except for the obvious .sh in front of me. Works like charm!
Thanks again. Very Very cool app!

That is Good big_smile

#75 2012-09-26 13:35:42

jdarnold
Website

I'm using conkywx 0.7.4.1 and I'm still getting some values in C not F. My Present Condition shows both current and feels like to be in C. Here's my conkywx.conf:

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------
# Wund Weather Config File 
# THIS PROGRAM IS FOR PERSONAL AND PRIVATE USE ONLY
# CONTACT WUNDERGROUND.COM FOR PROFESSIONAL SOLUTIONS
# CAVEAT: No guarantee that this program will work on all platforms,
# Use At Your Own Risk.

# use_xml
# Use XML data from wunderground - 1 for yes - 0 for no
# if this is set to 1 you will need the xml_ID for a station of your choosing
# 
use_xml=1

# xml_ID
# You can use the xml data which is provided at wunderground generated by 
# Davis Vantage Pro series of private weather stations.
# This xml is updated every 2.5 seconds or there about - so one gets pretty 
# much real-time weather data. Though the data contained is current and all 
# predictive and astro data for sun and moon and 7 day forecast comes from
# from the main web page for your location.
# To get this xml_ID you need to visit the location of your interest
# which will give you the *Location* url [US] or number [rest of the world]
# at the bottom of the page you have a listing of private weather station feeding 
# wunderground
# You will also notice a lot of them - under Type column have Rapid Fire in green - 
# ideally one of these would make a good choice and you can select one closest to your
# location. The last part of the url is the number after the ID=. infact if you hover 
# your mouse over the station name on the main page you will see a popup with the link
# url which has like this ID=I00020B4 - you can see examples below
# #	New delhi GK 2
xml_ID=KMAMEDFO6
# 	Morristown area
# xml_ID=I00020B4
#  Perth Wanneroo
# xml_ID=IWESTERN144

# Location settings
 # Enter the location number from weather underground web page url
# + most locations have a location number - BUT some do not - like the US sites!!!
# + in which case use the URL and set Location to url
# + Location=url
# +          OR
# + Location=number
# + Use only one location per config file!
# + for more than one location - create a new config file and give the path 
# + to it with a -c command line option
# + there are some test cases listed below - just ensure only one location is uncommented.
 # If you cannot figure the number just use the full url to that page.
# # 	New Delhi safdarjung
Location=http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=02155

# Test location settings
#  Testing URL - to test the various locations - a Location can be
#+ uncommented it will override the Location above
#+
# 	New delhi Palam
# Location=42181
# 	Paris France
# Location=07157
# 	perth western australia
# Location=94610
# 	Morristown, NJ USA
#Location=http://www.wunderground.com/US/NJ/Morristown.html
# 	Reykjavik, Iceland
# Location=04030
# 	Cape town South Africa
# Location=68816
# 	Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
# Location=03633
# 	Dubai UAE
# Location=41194
# 	Prospect Creek, Alaska
# Location=http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:99726.18.99999
# 	Svalbard, Norway
# Location=http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=zmw:00000.1.01008
# Dresden Germany
# Location=10488

# Units to use and Downloaded
#  enter the units to get centigrade or farenheit 
#+ metric [SI] or imperial/english [IM] Option= SI or IM
Units_to_Use=IM
Units_downloaded=IM

# Show units, use short date, show notification
# use 1 to enable and 0 to disable
Units_show=1				# if you want to see units like km/h etc in conky
use_short_date=1			# Sunday, 27 will become Sun 27
show_notification=1			# Every update a popup notification shows
show_short_cond_text=0		# use short Present Condition text
# use upper or lower case AM PM or am pm for 12 hour time format
#+ 0 for uppercase, 1 for lower and 2 for no am pm
#+ NOTE: this will only work if Time_format=12 below
show_lowercase_ampm=1
# show deg symbol in forecast temps, 
#+ 0 to hide, 1 to show, 2 to show deg symbol with F C depending on Unit_to_Use
#+ 3 to show deg after the FC pair, 4 to show deg F C after pair ;-)
show_degsym_fc_temp=4

# Time format to use 12 or 24 hour format
#  Time_format is 12 or 24 - in 12 u get AM or PM in 24 u get 
#+ 24 hours format like 15:00 in place of 03:00 PM
Time_format=12

# Today date format - can be used any place multiple times
today_date_format="%A %b, %d %Y"

# Minimum time the script allows the wesite to be polled
#  this is the minimum fetch time in seconds
#+ this should be less than the conky script fetch frequency
#+ The program checks for changes in Location, use_xml or xml_ID variable.
#+ If any of these have changed then the program will make a fresh call for
#+ downloading data even if the minimum_fetch_time has not been reached
# minimum_fetch_time=1740
minimum_fetch_time=870

# --- DO NOT TOUCH SECTION ---
# URLs used in this program
main_url="http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/"
xml_url="http://api.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXCurrentObXML.asp?ID="

The forecast shows in F though. And it displays F in Present Condition, but I'm pretty sure it isn't 18 smile

Another question I had was that "Station:" shows KMAMED but Last Update shows KMAMEDF06

Board footer