You are not logged in.

#76 2012-09-26 15:05:18

Paramvir
Website

Re: New Conky Weather Program with Weather Alerts - conkywx

jdarnold wrote:

I'm using conkywx 0.7.4.1 and I'm still getting some values in C not F. My Present Condition shows both current and feels like to be in C. Here's my conkywx.conf:

The forecast shows in F though. And it displays F in Present Condition, but I'm pretty sure it isn't 18 smile

Change Units_downloaded=SI - your units downloaded are in SI - some other people in the states reported that their  Units downloaded were in IM. I am getting 20 C here for your location. the config file helps in fixing issues - thanks.

Another question I had was that "Station:" shows KMAMED but Last Update shows KMAMEDF06

The main Station name is soooo long that the last part of the KMAMEDF06  F06 gets trimmed out by conky big_smile

Let me know if this helps

#77 2012-09-26 15:19:37

jdarnold
Website

Perfect -fixed my F/C problem.

But the station problem remains I think. The Station name is "Emerston St. Across from Police Station" (which is KMAMEDF04), but Last Update says KMAMEDF06 (click to embiggen):

jmutzFJ2q9EJj_xs.jpg

It should say "Lawrence Estates, Medford"

BTW, thanks again for the first conky weather script that I've found that actually works smile

#78 2012-09-26 15:38:54

Paramvir
Website

jdarnold wrote:

But the station problem remains I think. The Station name is "Emerston St. Across from Police Station" (which is KMAMEDF04), but Last Update says KMAMEDF06 (click to embiggen):

It should say "Lawrence Estates, Medford"

BTW, thanks again for the first conky weather script that I've found that actually works smile

Fantastic big_smile

AND Thank you for the kind words...

You needn't worry about the name as KMAMEDF06 is your xml_ID station ID - which is fixed in the xml. In some xml data the station name is missed out totally - but station ID is always there - that is why I switched to showing station ID.

The other Location name may change or remain the same - In my location WU uses 2 stations depending on which one is more active - the preferred one goes to sleep often and gets switched to the private station. Sometimes it is correct other times the name is there but has some garbage around it. I am picking it up from where it defines the weather station name. This issue started a month back or there about smile

#79 2012-09-26 15:56:56

jdarnold
Website

No worries. I figured it wasn't merely a coincidence that the Station was the first one in the list.

Now can you do anything about the 4 days of rain we have predicted? wink

#80 2012-09-26 15:56:58

Paramvir
Website

jdarnold wrote:

http://i.minus.com/jmutzFJ2q9EJj_xs.jpg

See the Forecast temps in your image - your Wed 26 should read lower 73/60 F with the deg symbol but it is showing 163/141

can you refresh and let me know if the forecast temps are ok???

In my test they are looking fine hmm

#81 2012-09-26 16:16:04

jdarnold
Website

Hmm, I just noticed that! Like I said before, the Forecast was working, but the current was not. Now, I guess, it is the other way.

Unfortunately, even with a refresh, it still seems to be showing the forecast temps in C sad If I change Units_To_Use to be IM, they display correctly (in C of course). If I change it to be SI, they do not.

#82 2012-09-26 16:41:24

Paramvir
Website

jdarnold wrote:

Hmm, I just noticed that! Like I said before, the Forecast was working, but the current was not. Now, I guess, it is the other way.
Unfortunately, even with a refresh, it still seems to be showing the forecast temps in C sad If I change Units_To_Use to be IM, they display correctly (in C of course). If I change it to be SI, they do not.

That is weird - can you have a look at a file called currdata.html in /tmp/wx-your user name-conkywx... this is the temp folder.

Please attach that file - perhaps a zip will do - I need to see that. grrrrrrr tongue

#83 2012-09-26 17:14:07

jdarnold
Website

#84 2012-09-26 18:20:47

Paramvir
Website

jdarnold wrote:

Many thanks for the file wink

Found the little thingy - ok - Please tongue change units downloaded back to IM - and do not use xml_ID - set use_xml=0.

This way you will only use main Location. Will figure out xml thing - xml has both units while we are only picking out SI.

One feels really agghhhh when One has not thought of a possibility. D#$@% !!!

I am doing a rain dance rendition here so rains can be diverted [4 days only]  and C will become F  lol big_smile

#85 2012-09-26 18:32:51

jdarnold
Website

Thanks - that works fine.

As a developer, I know how users can mess up the best of code smile

#86 2012-09-29 07:17:40

Paramvir
Website

Conky Weather Program conkywx ver 0.7.5 released

Pleased to announce the release of the latest conkywx version wink

Changes in Conkywx.conf - config file for conkywx - The Conky Weather Program

• A copy of the config file /etc/conkywx/conkywx.conf file can be made at $HOME/.config/conkywx - this will then be the user's default conkywx.conf used.

Options in config file

• pc_what_case

• use_pcondition_blacklist

• pcondition_blacklist

• Arrows to use for forecast trends

• enable_new_version_check

New Arrow Font

• A new arrow font has been added.

• New elements for the arrow display are added, FCTTF, FCTPF - these will show arrows for pressure and temp trends

Refer to the conkywx wiki for more information.

Bugs killed

• Under cirtain conditions conkywx would not refresh

• xml fix for conditions where Units_downloaded was IM

Note:

• As many users are using various conky variants - conky is no longer a dependency but however - conky is still required. Please ensure conky - in what ever form - is infact installed.

• To reduce duplication of effort - conkywx man page now has basic information and has a link to the wiki which is normally being updated real time as changes to conkywx are being made.

• In some cases to have conky restart automatically you may need to give a sleep 30 - delay in your conky-start script

• if you are using Gnome 3 - own_window_type in the *conkyrc.sh needs to be changed to normal

• *conkyrc.sh files are configured on XFCE 4.10 with compiz + emerald - you may need to tweak conkyrc examples for your DE

Read the conkywx wiki - let no RTFM issues plague you!!! big_smile

Here is the conkywx AUR package https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=59931

Feedback please smile - Thanks

Last edited by Paramvir (2012-09-29 07:30:38)

#87 2012-10-08 16:05:41

Paramvir
Website

Hellooo People

Beside F1 coming later this month to the Budh Circuit and there appears to be just that  vacuum when you look for that elusive peski little pass he he he big_smile

the next version of conkywx have bumped to 0.7.8

It has 14 Trends - yes - we all look at figures but what do they mean - are they going up or down - the number suddenly becomes more meaningful if we know where it is coming from and where it is going.

screenshot-10062012.jpg

There are some additions to the config file - have finally got around to updating the wiki https://bitbucket.org/plikhari/conkywx_pub/wiki

Have marked the new stuff in 0.7.8

Just need to iron a few more things out in trends b4 showtime  big_smile and that is another day or two perhaps.

#88 2012-10-14 09:09:08

Paramvir
Website

Conky Weather Program conkywx ver 0.7.8 released

Many changes and updates - Refer to the conkywx wiki for more information.

conkywx-image-short.jpg

Additions and changes:

• Conkywx Weather Program Assistant - typing conkywx or conkywx -h or conkywx -v will launch this assistant - forceupdate and debug have been moved here.

• use_template_cleanup - in conkywx.conf

• custom_time_format - in conkywx.conf

• 16 New Elements which include 14 Trends, Abbreviated Moon Phase output text and METAR Information.

• Cleaned up conkywx output in case no Internet connectivity for all elements

Note:

• As many users are using various conky variants - conky is no longer a dependency but however - conky is still required. Please ensure conky - in what ever form - is infact installed.

• To reduce duplication of effort - conkywx man page now has basic information and has a link to the wiki which is normally being updated real time as changes to conkywx are being made. A local copy is now available in the installation.

• In some cases to have conky restart automatically you may need to give a sleep 30 - delay in your conky-start script

• if you are using Gnome 3 - own_window_type in the *conkyrc.sh needs to be changed to normal

• *conkyrc.sh files are configured on XFCE 4.10 with compiz + emerald - you may need to tweak conkyrc examples for your DE

#89 2012-10-21 15:18:29

dtokarz

Trying to pull UV index but only getting N/A.  Wunderground is saying 6 out of 16 but I am not getting that data.  Using the UV and UVT elements.  Running debug gets N/A.  Is this conkywx or something with Wunderground?  My station is KFLTAMPA46.  Thanks!

#90 2012-10-21 17:19:06

Paramvir
Website

dtokarz wrote:

Trying to pull UV index but only getting N/A.  Wunderground is saying 6 out of 16 but I am not getting that data.  Using the UV and UVT elements.  Running debug gets N/A.  Is this conkywx or something with Wunderground?  My station is KFLTAMPA46.  Thanks!

The pws you are using - University of Tampa does not have UV data - so you will not see any UV information.

In fact all pws for Tampa area - did not have UV - The UV info was supplied by the main Location.

Perhaps you can use this url for Location and set use_xml=0

Location="http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=33606&sp=KFLTAMPA46"

This url gives you a consolidated information which includes your choice of pws station and KTPF airport Tampa [ This is WU choice ]

let me know if this works wink

Edit:
OK - I have made adjustments in the code and if your xml pws station does not have UV information the program will use the main Location UV. The solution I provided does not last long as WU cycles through the PWS in the database for an area. conkywx provides the solution to keep a pws static

The issue with UV is that when you buy a personal weather station (pws) - UV is an add on sensor - which adds to the total cost of the pws. With time I feel these sensors and many others will become part of the original kit.

cheers big_smile

Last edited by Paramvir (2012-10-22 09:05:44)

#91 2012-10-22 10:30:02

dtokarz

That worked as I get 0 as my UV index --which it is.  But I guess I am losing the benefits of using XML, right?  Are quotes required for location?  And I am not sure what the difference is between UV and UVT.  UVT provides a response of N/A.  Thanks for your help!

#92 2012-10-22 10:56:23

Paramvir
Website

dtokarz wrote:

That worked as I get 0 as my UV index --which it is.  But I guess I am losing the benefits of using XML, right?  Are quotes required for location?  And I am not sure what the difference is between UV and UVT.  UVT provides a response of N/A.  Thanks for your help!

UV is the index number given by the WU / xml report and UVT is the text low to extreme - you will see it. In the next release you will be able to use xml site as well - since in your case the UV info only provided by Location - conkywx will use that.

The url I had provided lets WU mix the data - but the downside is it changes the xml site - while conkywx keeps it static - if you get my drift big_smile

#93 2012-10-22 22:50:29

dtokarz

Thanks for you help, as always.  smile

#94 2012-10-30 07:15:00

Paramvir
Website

Conkywx two Location weather - with Sandy playing havoc in the NE US

using single template and 2 conkywx config and 2 conkyrc files.

conkywxworldweather2.jpg

Last edited by Paramvir (2012-10-30 07:15:46)

#95 2012-11-02 20:40:44

rbbt

Hi paramvir a few days ago I got the exact weather data for Bursa,Turkey and when I checked wunderground.com I saw a station for Bursa, but today it disappeared and the nearest station is Istanbul so I have to use this one.

Both Istanbul and Bursa are in the same region but the weather is not same, for example now Istanbul is 19C, Bursa 17C, in Istanbul wind is blowing from North however in Bursa its coming from south now (:  (:  Is there a way to add station for Bursa or something else (:

#96 2012-11-02 21:03:00

Paramvir
Website

rbbt wrote:

Hi paramvir a few days ago I got the exact weather data for Bursa,Turkey and when I checked wunderground.com I saw a station for Bursa, but today it disappeared and the nearest station is Istanbul so I have to use this one.

Both Istanbul and Bursa are in the same region but the weather is not same, for example now Istanbul is 19C, Bursa 17C, in Istanbul wind is blowing from North however in Bursa its coming from south now (:  (:  Is there a way to add station for Bursa or something else (:

Yes that is correct - sometimes the reporting station stops reporting - perhaps for maintenance or something.

you can go to http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/ and type Bursa, Turkey and click on go - the box is next to Favourites. This will show you a satellite image of Bursa and you will see a marker there - an inverted tear drop in red. If you click on that you will get a link to the nearest reporting station if not the one you are clicking on.

With Istanbul as your reporting your temp and wind will get affected - rest should be close enough.

#97 2012-11-02 21:43:19

rbbt

Paramvir wrote:

Yes that is correct - sometimes the reporting station stops reporting - perhaps for maintenance or something.

you can go to http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/ and type Bursa, Turkey and click on go - the box is next to Favourites. This will show you a satellite image of Bursa and you will see a marker there - an inverted tear drop in red. If you click on that you will get a link to the nearest reporting station if not the one you are clicking on.

With Istanbul as your reporting your temp and wind will get affected - rest should be close enough.

Ok, I did exactly what you said but it again showed me Istanbul. On map I found Bursa clicked on the mark and then on the link but again IStanbul appeared as the nearest station sad

#98 2012-11-18 17:18:33

Paramvir
Website

Conky Weather Program conkywx ver 0.7.9 released

conkywx-screenshot.jpg

Additions and changes:

• 3 new icon sets to use for weather conditions

• Choice to use 2 different sets of moon font characters from moonphases fonts

• Moon phases sequences re ordered.

• Moon phase 0 and 100 trends fixed.

• 3 new elements - Snow Depth [SD] - Quality of forecast high temp  [QOF] and Path to back ground image [PTBI] used in conkywx templates

• bug fix for minus temperatures

Note:

• As many users are using various conky variants - conky is no longer a dependency but however - conky is still required. Please ensure conky - in what ever form - is in fact installed.

• To reduce duplication of effort - conkywx man page now has basic information and has a link to the wiki which is normally being updated real time as changes to conkywx are being made. A local copy is now available in the installation.

• In some cases to have conky restart automatically you may need to give a sleep 30 - delay in your conky start script

#99 2013-04-19 10:05:00

Paramvir
Website

Conky Weather Program conkywx ver 0.9.0 released

screenshot-conkywx.jpg

With so many changes - focus has been for speed of execution - Magellan [Astronomy] C source is included - Bash is now a good facilitator for conkywx as the data is parsed by the perl module.

Magellan - thanks to the wise Gurus who wrote the original stuff - but had to tailor the code for my use and tweaked for improving data accuracy - My reference data has been the US Naval Obs data on the web. Wiki has more details.

Additions and changes:

• Please do go through the config.conf file as it has many additions

• Language support for display as well as messages

• Magellan - Astronomy module written in C - only weather data now used from wunderground

• Required fonts installer for stand alone users

• Trends code re-written and smoother

• New data parser written in perl

• 16 new elements - please refer to wiki for details

Note:

• As many users are using various conky variants - conky is no longer a dependency but however - conky is still required. Please ensure conky - in what ever form - is in fact installed.

• In some cases to have conky restart automatically you may need to give a sleep 30 - delay in your conky start script

• if you are using Gnome 3 - own_window_type in the *conkyrc.sh needs to be changed to normal, desktop or dock - which ever works for your Desktop

#100 2013-05-06 15:39:09

Paramvir
Website

There were some requests for weather alerts and sooooo have worked that alert thing out - by default - no user intervention - conkywx will show an alert if wunderground shows any Active Advisory for your location. This will be an "!" exclamation character before the present weather condition. Like it may show "! Overcast" or what ever.

There is also a new element WALERT which will show the actual advisory name like Flood Warning - which is in place for Mississippi area at present.

Now the actual text in that advisory is on another page - and can be quite extensive - and also the radar image - both are ignored by conkywx.

The basic idea is that you get fair warning that there is a weather phenomena which has a potential of messing with your daily life and that you should visit wunderground website to see the details.

conkywxalerts.jpg

In this image you see the same location with and without WALERT - I have used it along with present condition like [WALERT][CT]

I feel this should be fine wink

Board footer