You are not logged in.

#726 2015-06-02 23:26:12

archlicious

Re: Alopex: a tiling tagging tabbed window manager with fur

Hmmm maybe it is a buggy package in the aur. I'm gonna have to try and download the source directly and compile it by hand, or try a non git version if there is one? Experimenting is fun big_smile

You can fix stupid. With brain surgery.

#727 2015-06-03 00:07:56

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

There is no non-git version, and using the PKGBUILD from the AUR would be the same as compiling it manually.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#728 2019-08-07 18:29:55

qinohe

Whoa long time silence, I don't know if Alopex is still active but I still use it now & then..
There was config change for droid (I still use that) which is now in '/usr/share/fonts/droid' (see) https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/comm … 1b9ef40d81
I thought it was a too small for a PR, but if you rather have that.. wink

#729 2019-08-07 23:33:17

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

The included config was just an example anyways - and other distros may lag behind on the removal of the TTF directory.  As alopex never depended on the droid package, it's expected that user's would have to adjust the config anyways.

But if you want to submit a PR, I'd happily accept it: or if you want to take over Alopex entirely, I'd be open to that too.  I've essentially abandonded it and no longer use it myself.  Though quite a lot of work and passion went into it, and it did pretty well for a WM learning project ... so I do still feel some attachment to it.

Last edited by Trilby (2019-08-07 23:34:51)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#730 2019-08-08 13:02:14

qinohe

Thanks for the offer @Trilby, I do think Alopex is a beautiful project but I'm probably not the one to take over the wheel. I would be the caretaker but no code would be added and I would have a hell of a time solving bigger problems when it comes to that because I still can't write C myself. I understand it, am able to solve minor problems but thats about it.
However... I did the PR with the very small change;)

Board footer