You are not logged in.

#301 2014-07-10 15:28:59

progandy

Re: bomi - A powerful and easy-to-use multimedia player!

@rabcor: That's an impressive wishlist, let me add one thing:
I'd love a keyboard shortcut for stop/rewind. Currently, I cannot find a way to restart a file from the very beginning since cmplayer always remembers the last position.

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#302 2014-07-11 16:35:45

rabcor
Banned

There's an option for this in preferences progandy...

General -> Playback -> "Resume Playback At Last Played Position"

Untick that and all files will start at the beginning (I do this too, since that's what I am used to, but this can be useful for times when you need to go afk in the middle of a file and want to be able to shutdown your system inbetween)

I have a better suggestion in this regard, which would be to be able to set per-file to remember last played position. So basically if I do not have the "resume playback at last played position" option ticked, I will get a new entry in the context menu when I right click the movie above the "Exit" entry (above instead of below for aesthetic and intuitivity reasons) which would be "Exit and remember position" so that the next time this file is opened, it will override the settings to not remember the position and go back to the last played location, this will only work once (i.e. the location will be forgotten as soon as the file is opened and will not be remembered again until the next time the button is pressed)

That could be a very useful feature, since most people coming from VLC or similar background (which is most people in general) don't always want the file to start at the last position, but they may learn to love it if they can use it selectively for files instead of it being an "all or nothing" kind of thing.

The keybind for this function could be something like Ctrl+Alt+Q/AltGR+Q or Ctrl+Shift+Q.

Last edited by rabcor (2014-07-11 16:38:36)

#303 2014-07-11 16:46:54

progandy

rabcor wrote:

That could be a very useful feature, since most people coming from VLC or similar background (which is most people in general) don't always want the file to start at the last position, but they may learn to love it if they can use it selectively for files instead of it being an "all or nothing" kind of thing.

Well, I like it when it continues from the last known position. Still, sometimes I want to start fresh and then a key like stop and forget position would be nice. Currently there is pause (spacebar), stop-but-remember (c), but no stop-and-forget (I'd put it on Shift-C). I always have to use my mouse and move the position slider.

Last edited by progandy (2014-07-11 16:47:40)

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#304 2014-07-12 15:47:19

rabcor
Banned

Ah yes I get it, that would be good, should be easy to add too. I think just R would be good for that (R for Restart) (currently R is bound to A-B reset which I don't think needs to be keybound by default, it's a feature very very few people use I think, but if it has to be bound it should be something more like CTRL + B (out of the way, but still accessible))

I also noticed theres a way to get different OSCs, CMPlayer calls it "skins", Classic is close to what I want, but it seems I might be able to just develop my own skin for it since I'm picky about things like that wink

I noticed another bug

Medium Bug: Using a bottom-placed OSC  it will not always detect the cursor correctly when it goes down to the bottom of the screen (it's as if the cursor can go lower than the OSC and will not be detected when it is there, resulting in some glitching), a bonus bug is that if you apply/save settings in preferences menu with a bottom-placed OSC, the OSC will be forced on and won't hide until fullscreen is exited and then entered again.

Last edited by rabcor (2014-07-12 15:48:59)

#305 2014-07-15 08:29:54

xylosper

@rabcor Thank you for suggestions.

Recently, I can't take much time to develop CMPlayer for busy real life, so maybe it will take some time to fix or add such things.
I'll answer here which I can.

Current keyboard bindings are improvised whenever such feature implemented so there's no uniformity or tendency, although recently, when I add new shorcut, I'm trying to allocate with one policy: video for CTRL+, subtitle for SHIFT+, audio for ALT+.
So, I admit current bindings are not best but It is not desirable to change default shortcuts so drastically.
Since CMPlayer can provide multiple presets of bindings, It's way better to add another preset keyboard bindings and leave current key binding to classic binding.
In fact, I'm considering to insert new preset but no idea.

For futher mouse buttons, Qt can use up to 24 buttons, so it's not hard to support additional buttons, but, your 4th and 5th button may be not 4th and 5th button for other mouse from other vendor.
This is what makes things difficult. Most simple and clean implementation is just to let the user select mouse button number and test by himself.
Anyway, this requires some interface structure changes, but I'll try it.

For autodetection of installed speaker layout, as a matter of fact, I've already tried to figure out them long time ago, but I counldn't find any reference or API to do that. If you know anything, please let me know.
Selection of audio device is not difficult, so I think you can see it soon.

Screen controlls have lots of issue, yeah.
For the record, I really dislike current UI design. My design sucks but whenever I touch it, it gets more sucked.
I really need some help of designer.
The skin is beased on QML. I have a plan to make the API for skin public(there's not so much things which should be called 'API', though) with some documentations, but currently, the API is not stable and not fixed yet.

@progandy

I think what you need is just 'seek to start', isn't it?

#306 2014-07-17 23:54:40

Kosava

Is it possible to add this feature, to stream torrent and magnet link like rox player on windows, that would be awsome.

#307 2014-07-28 10:53:32

xylosper

@Kosava
I'm not familar with networking things. In fact, I've taken a look about torrent streaming before, I just gave up because I cannot find any helpful resources.

Here's an announcement.
My macbook pro, which is my main workspace, died three days ago and I'm not capable of reparing it(Apple required about $1000 for it and I cannot pay it).
I'm looking for a second hand PC for now, but I'm not sure when I can find proper one.
Till I get a new machine, I cannot work for CMPlayer for a while.

#308 2014-07-30 11:30:01

rabcor
Banned

Mouse 4/5 are normally the side buttons on most mice,most applications will bind these keys by default to 4:Backwards 5:Forwards (when browsing in either file managers or web browsers or similar applications) but some mouse manufacturers reverse the physical order of the keys (so mouse 4 is where mouse 5 is on other mice) and I bet that is because of developer preference for the placement of "forward" and "back"

Sorry about your computer problems btw, I would help you out and lend you one of my laptops until you could get a new one if you lived nearby. What a damn ripoff for them to ask for 1000$ for repairs though! fucking apple! That price is better spent on buying a brand spankin new desktop. I agree that second-hand hardware is probably the way to go for you if you want good for cheap, but it's easy to buy a desktop in parts and assemble it at home which is significantly cheaper than buying a new pre-built one or a laptop, if that's what you would like to do then I can help you hand pick out the components based on your price range and needs. In any case, good luck with getting through this! Being without a pc can be tough.

Do files need to specifically support hardware accelerated decoding? I notice on almost all files I play that are h264 encoded in  .mkv format that hardware acceleration is normally always "Unavailable", the only files I have managed to get working as far as I know under that circumstance is a series called Kanamemo (coalgirls encoded, but I have a lot more series encoded by them with the same format/codec combo and it always says unavailable except this one file). But I may playback another file that has precisely the same H264 codec in the player's codec information (H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10 [lavc:h264]) is this a bug? If I set to VA-API (which I can not use on my nvidia proprietary drivers) then it will say "Activated") on these files that vdpau didn't want to activate on but I of course get no playback since it is incompatible with my drivers.

Anyhow, I'd like to request a re-organization of the playback information we get when we press tab as well as two new entries.

File: Filename - Fileformat
[Paused/Playing]Time/Total length(percentage) [Speed X]
CPU Usage
RAM Usage
Cache (disable this info if caching is not enabled in the settings.)

Video Codec
Input
Output
Hardware Acceleration
(new)Bit Depth (I would like this info added if possible, bit depth of the output I assume should normally be the same as the source, so if the input is hi10 profile on 10-bit then the output bit depth should be 10-bit too, it would be nice to have an indicator of if the bit depth is correct)
(new)Color Matrix (Color Space)
(new)Color Range (I would like this info added here, it would be nice if it also displays if it's using the same Color Range as source (i.e. if set to auto add [Same as source] after the displayed info, but if manually selected change this to something like [Forced]) for clarity)
(changed)Frames Per Second (not average framerate but current framerate, I actually think your avg. framerate display is just displaying the current framerate but is wrongly labeled as average, if so that is just a good thing since nobody normally cares about avg framerate for video playback)
Dropped frames
Delayed frames (if this is supported, i don't know if cmplayer can delay frames instead of dropping them)

Audio Codec
A/V Sync
Input
Output
(new)Subtitles: (Display if subtitles are on/off, which of the available subtitles are selected 
Driver (if Auto, I would like to know what driver is being selected regardless, i.e. alsa or pulse, could even display something like Auto[ALSA])

As you can see above I split the information into 3 sections, system, video and audio. You can if you want (for clarity) add headers at the top of each section (i.e. System Information, Video Information and Audio Information) but I think that is not necessary since most people who can even understand what all this information means will know what each section is intuitively just by glancing at it, and the first entry of each section ("Video codec", "Audio codec" and "File") seem to already do a good job at implying what this section would be dedicated to.

I would like new sections in video information (bit depth and current color range)

I also would like to see playback speed added as a part of the Playing/Paused info so that we can have playback information in just one line.

You can label frames per second anything you like from these: FPS, Frames Per Second, Frame Rate, Framerate.

If you want to display the average framerate too, do it like you do average CPU usage (make parentheses like this at the end of the current framerate line)

I think this would look a lot better if organized like this, and I'd love the new sections I suggested added.

I would also still like the feature I requested a while back to be able to select Audio track priority by language/trackname the same way you can currently select subtitle priority by language, for me it is a very important one.

Last edited by rabcor (2014-07-30 11:47:52)

#309 2014-08-26 11:38:03

rabcor
Banned

Hey I found a crash bug, I was watching Legend of Korra, Season 2, and CMPlayer stopped playing just in the middle of it (several times too) giving no error message (just says "Aborted")

The torrent name which is available on TPB and Kickass.to at least to name two places was "The.Legend.of.Korra.Season.3.Complete.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC" I didn't want to link to it to save the mods trouble, even if it should be legal since technically this can be seen online for free on nick.com (which is where this "Webrip" comes from)

The first time it occurs is (precisely) around 08:47 and luckily it's reproducable just by skipping to that point in the file. I tried playing the file with Mpv and my media player on windows (MPC with K-Lite codecs) and both of them played the file successfully.

Last edited by rabcor (2014-08-26 11:41:36)

#310 2014-09-01 09:44:46

xylosper

@rabcor
Your suggesutions/reports are greatly helpful but it gets harder and harder to track them.
Can you post them to issue tracker of CMPlayer? (https://github.com/xylosper/cmplayer/issues)
Please split your requests into some group of similar issues/features.
It will make things much more clear and help me know what I have to do.

#311 2014-09-23 23:12:14

rabcor
Banned

I'll get to it soon (hopefully within the week, don't wait for it tongue )

I've been keeping myself a bit busy over the past month, so usually when I do have the time to do this I forget about it D: but I'll try to remember to do it soon. The player has after all been serving me well whenever I take breaks smile

#312 2014-10-15 21:51:05

rabcor
Banned

Behold! I have flooded your git /issues with entries >:)

Sorry for taking so long,  Among other things I unleashed my thoughts on the mouse bindings. There were a few bugs in there and a few feature requests, seems someone beat me to requesting audio priority and another beat me to requesting audio device selection.

I also have some great ideas for making the keybindings more intuitive, and improving the OSC. But relaying the idea of both of these is a lot of work and I want to avoid wasting a lot of time and effort into something that you're not even willing to consider, and especially rethinking an entire keybind setup is a major pain in the ass to do (but I consider myself good at it).

If you point me towards the source code file that contains all the keybinds, I could adjust the keybinds and rewrite that file then commit it to relay the idea, or alternatively, I could just write down here or on git a list of my proposed default keybind layout.

As for the OSC, as much as I'd love to code it myself with Qt, I am trying to learn Qt and just not having any luck, it's so much more complicated to learn than WPF and HTML/CSS were. But basically since I'm having a hard time learning Qt I can't really code it right now unless you know some magic Qt tutorial that will make my life easier. Instead I could create a vector graphics based mockup (with inkscape) to narrate the idea of how it should look, what buttons should be where, etc.

But like I said, both of these are quite a bit of work, so I'd be disappointed if I did either one of them and you wouldn't even properly consider them tongue so, what should I do in that regard? Would you be interested in such changes to CMPlayer?

Last edited by rabcor (2014-10-15 22:15:26)

#313 2014-10-24 04:56:02

Myranti

I have an issue that I'm not sure about whether it's CMPlayer or Qt5 related.

I'm using Sxhkd and the key binding of Ctrl + Alt + Shift and the scroll "buttons" (mouse buttons 4 and 5 for me) to change my volume and have a profile stored in my mouse that has a button programmed to press the three modifier keys when I press a button, and then I use the scroll wheel to change the volume. The issue I'm having is that CMPlayer still receives the plain mouse wheel button events in these instances, and of course the video skips as I'm trying to change the volume.

As I say, I'm not sure if this is actually an issue with CMPlayer or if it's related to how things work in Qt5, although having a quick look at Rabcor's suggestions regarding mouse bindings, it may be something that could be fixed by allowing more bindings that involve the mouse (e.g. I create a binding in CMPlayer for the same keys and set them to do nothing).

#314 2014-11-07 08:41:13

xylosper

@rabcor Sorry for late reply.
I think you'd better make mock-up file with inkscape because lots of parts in skin still keep on changing.
Also, as I said, my design is horrible so the mock-up file should show a complete player not just some directions or idea.
I cannot guarantee that it will be default skin but I can include it in distributed packages at least.

Also, please open an issue to disscuss new keyboard bindings.

@Myranti
When you said 'my volume', you mean system volume or CMPlayer volume?
Anyway, if there's a problem, I think it resides in Qt-side, because there's no way to tell mouse macro from mouse events.
The latest source supports extra mouse buttons up to 9, so please try it.

#315 2014-11-07 12:18:17

Myranti

Sorry, I meant system volume. I expected that it would probably be a Qt-side issue so I'll probably need to look for the solution from that side of things.

#316 2014-11-13 19:51:24

bobart

@xylosper
Hi! I'm enclose another one skin for your player and if this interested for you, let me know: i will attach relevant archive files.
s_1415908441_5072398_eb0e020e73.png

#317 2014-11-21 16:40:03

gabu

Hi

I have just recompiled cmplayer-git and am now not able to play any video that prevously there were no problems with.

This is what I get:

[test(1)archlinux:bbc]$ cmplayer
[Translator] Cannot find translations for Qt, qt_en_GB in /usr/share/qt/translations
[OpenGL] Check OpenGL stuffs.
[OpenGL] Version: 4.4
[OpenGL] Available FBO texture format: OGL::RGBA16_UNorm
[OpenGL] Available FBO texture format: OGL::RGBA8_UNorm
[OpenGL] Available extensions: GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_KHR_debug, GL_NV_vdpau_interop, GLX_EXT_swap_control, GLX_SGI_swap_control, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object
libva info: VA-API version 0.36.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/nvidia_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_35
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
[mpv/cplayer] Playing: /home/test/dwhelper/games trailers/overwatch/Hanzo Gameplay Preview-tyPYV2Xu3iA.mp4
Cache fill: 25.20% (264192 bytes)   
[mpv/cplayer] [stream] Video (+) --vid=1 (*) (h264)
[mpv/cplayer] [stream] Audio (+) --aid=1 --alang=und (*) (aac)
[mpv/cplayer] File tags:
[mpv/cplayer]  major_brand: mp42
[mpv/cplayer]  minor_version: 0
[mpv/cplayer]  compatible_brands: isommp42
[mpv/cplayer]  creation_time: 2014-11-04 22:45:39
[mpv/vf] Opening video filter: [noformat address=49490064 swdec_deint=Yadif|1|CPU hwdec_deint=LinearBob|1|OpenGL]
[mpv/vd] Trying to use hardware decoding.
[mpv/cplayer] AO: [alsa] 48000Hz stereo 2ch float
[mpv/af] There can only be one instance of the filter 'dummy' in each stream
[mpv/af] Unable to convert audio input format to output format.
[mpv/af] Audio filter chain:
[mpv/af]   [in] 44100Hz stereo 2ch floatp
[mpv/af]   [dummy] 44100Hz 3.1 4ch floatp
[mpv/af]   [forcespeed] 44100Hz 3.1 4ch floatp
[mpv/af]   [lavrresample] 48000Hz stereo 2ch floatp
[mpv/af]   [out] 48000Hz stereo 2ch float <-
[mpv/af]   [ao] 48000Hz stereo 2ch float
[mpv/cplayer] Audio: no audio
[mpv/cplayer] 
[Engine] Playback has been terminated by error(s)

it always displays 'error! cannot open the media'

The latest compile of mpv-git plays the file OK:

[test(2)archlinux:~]$ mpv '/home/test/dwhelper/games trailers/overwatch/Hanzo Gameplay Preview-tyPYV2Xu3iA.mp4' 
Playing: /home/test/dwhelper/games trailers/overwatch/Hanzo Gameplay Preview-tyPYV2Xu3iA.mp4
[stream] Video (+) --vid=1 (*) (h264)
[stream] Audio (+) --aid=1 --alang=und (*) (aac)
File tags:
 major_brand: mp42
 minor_version: 0
 compatible_brands: isommp42
 creation_time: 2014-11-04 22:45:39
Trying to use hardware decoding.
AO: [alsa] 48000Hz 5.1(alsa) 6ch float
VO: [vdpau] 1280x720 vdpau
AV: 00:00:13 / 00:01:39 (13%) A-V:  0.000 Dropped: 3 Cache:  1s+4280KB

Exiting... (Quit)

#318 2014-11-29 15:14:55

gabu

I have discovered that after compiling cmplayer it plays videos OK that I have tested.

So this seems to indicate that there is some difference between cmplayer and cmplayer-git that is causing the playback problem.

#319 2014-12-28 21:32:15

Viper_Scull

libva-vdpau-driver no longer provides r600_drv_video.so for ATI cards. Now it's a generic vdpau_drv_video.so.
Cmplayer still looks for r600_drv_video.so, this must be updated. For the time being a symbolic link is enough.

Athlon II X4 620 + Gigabyte 785GPM-UD2H + 4GB DDR3 + SSD OCZ Vertex2 60GB

Archlinux x86_64 + Openbox

#320 2015-01-13 21:45:43

Viper_Scull

With the new update of mesa-vdpau, cmplayer and mpv fail to load vdpau for hwacc. I guess it might have to do with the library they're trying to load, but I don't know what name they look for. Vdpau library name for my GPU (ATI HD4200) is libvdpau_r600.so.

When they fall back on software decoding mpv plays ok, but cmplayer fails.

[mpv/af] There can only be one instance of the filter 'dummy' in each stream
[mpv/af] Unable to convert audio input format to output format.

Athlon II X4 620 + Gigabyte 785GPM-UD2H + 4GB DDR3 + SSD OCZ Vertex2 60GB

Archlinux x86_64 + Openbox

#321 2015-01-18 00:30:39

xylosper

CMPlayer is renamed as bomi. Please remove cmplayer and install bomi instead.

#322 2015-01-18 00:34:07

xylosper

Sorry for being late.
The notification from this forum does not work properly.
If anyone wants to ask anything, please post it in issue tracker.

@bobart
Is it a concept art, or what you're using alreay? It looks cool.

@gabu
Try 0.9.0 and if you still have problem, please post an issue in issue tracker.

@Viper_Scull
As far as I know, there's no way to set driver file from application side using VDPAU API, so there's nothing what I can do about it.
If vdpau does not recognize proper file, it's the bug of vdpau.
However, you can set the environment value 'VDPAU_DRIVER'. See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VD … figuration
I think VDPAU_DRIVER=r600 may work for you.
And if you still have problem, please post an issue in issue tracker.

Last edited by xylosper (2015-01-18 00:36:53)

#323 2015-01-20 14:36:06

bobart

@xylosper
Of course, this (on the screenshot) is the real configuration that I use now.
s_1421764837_4381843_e8304e6043.png
Plane.tar.gz

Everything is done on the basis of your pre-installed themes, and differs only in the arrangement of the controls. The colors are arbitrary and in this case, their choice is determined by the theme of my window decorations.

PS.
Oops... Bomi's preferences... "Show default SMPlayer logo" smile
s_1421842586_2448581_9d5ab695c1.png

bomi 0.9.0-2 installed

Last edited by bobart (2015-01-21 12:22:27)

#324 2015-01-26 14:36:03

solid

Can't run bomi without crashing. The following happens:

[miggy:~]$ bomi
[Translator] Cannot find translations for Qt, qt_en_PH in /usr/share/qt/translations
[OpenGL] Check OpenGL stuffs.
[OpenGL] Version: 2.1
[OpenGL] Available FBO texture format: OGL::RGBA16_UNorm
[OpenGL] Available FBO texture format: OGL::RGBA8_UNorm
[OpenGL] Available extensions: GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_ARB_texture_float, GLX_EXT_swap_control, GLX_SGI_swap_control, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object
libva info: VA-API version 0.37.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/nvidia_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_35
[1]    10085 floating point exception (core dumped)  bomi

Tried both bomi and bomi-git, neither worked. Checked the issue tracker and didn't find anything similar. My google-fu isn't coming up with anything either. Can someone help me figure out what's going on?

#325 2015-02-17 16:10:47

pjezek

I went to install Bomi couple of minutes ago via yaourt. Unfortunately, the problem with building occured: "checking for lrelease...no 'autodetect' failed". All needed dependencies had been installed before. Something is missing or wrong? Thank you.

Our tomcat for your mice! Archlinux for your comps! Alfa Romeo for your roads! Faster running guaranted!

Board footer