You are not logged in.

#26 2013-01-17 14:55:50

lykaner

Re: KeePassC: A KeePassX compatible password manager with curses-interface

Wow, great to hear that smile

Small notice: I've commited a small bug fix as locking didn't worked (6 lines wrong indented -.-)

#27 2013-01-17 16:07:42

spoony1971

lykaner wrote:

* xsel and pwgen are marked as optional dependencies and the program will not crash if they're not available

I love keepassc, and it is getting better with fewer dependencies.

#28 2013-01-17 17:59:32

firecat53
Website

Thanks for the updates! I posted some usability suggestions and two bugs on your github page.

One question -- under one of my groups, there are four entries title Meta-Info that look like they contain some keepassx-specific info (maybe). Is there a way to suppress those from appearing in my list? They don't appear in keepassx.

Thanks!
Scott

#29 2013-01-20 17:07:03

lykaner

Hey Scott,

I just deleted them in my personal database as I couldn't figure out the meaning of this entries. I wait for this project to find it.

And thx again for your commits!

@spoony: But keep in mind that you loose the features that these tools provide.

#30 2013-01-28 06:32:54

the sad clown

I just started using keepassc-git from AUR and I really like it.  Only problem is that even though I check "Include special symbols" it never does.  In the meantime I've been making do with copy/pasting the output from "pwgen -sy1 xx" into "Type password by hand".  Do you know why this might be?

Otherwise a very fine application and you have nothing but my gratitude for it.

I laugh, yet the joke is on me

#31 2013-01-28 12:35:08

lykaner

Just updated the git repo. pwgen is not needed anymore, I've written my own method for this. And it's good to hear that you like it smile

Last edited by lykaner (2013-01-28 16:27:07)

#32 2013-01-28 13:19:49

the sad clown

Just updated, but got this message when generating a password:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/keepassc", line 2499, in <module>
cur.wrapper(app.main_loop())                                                              
File "/usr/bin/keepassc", line 653, in main_loop
self.db_browser()                                                                         
File "/usr/bin/keepassc", line 1827, in db_browser            
password = self.gen_pass()                   
File "/usr/bin/keepassc", line 281, in gen_pass                                           
password += sample(char_set, 1)[0]           
NameError: global name 'sample' is not defined 

#33 2013-01-28 13:30:32

lykaner

Sorry, forgotten to import sample; I just tested the method independent from KeePassC. Build and install again, than it should work.

Last edited by lykaner (2013-01-28 13:50:52)

#34 2013-01-28 17:11:52

lykaner

firecat53 wrote:

9. Feature request....not sure if it's possible. Say I've got a headless server. Is it possible to use the copy-paste features of tmux/screen (or some other non-X mechanism) to be able to use keepassc entirely on the headless server?

I don't know if this helps you but I've tested KeePassC on a remote SSH-server with screen and it worked. That is I can run KeePassC on a remote SSH-server without X and could copy passwords and usernames to my local session.

#35 2013-01-28 19:29:12

the sad clown

lykaner wrote:

Sorry, forgotten to import sample; I just tested the method independent from KeePassC. Build and install again, than it should work.

Works like a charm.  Thank you so much for the hard work.

#36 2013-01-30 21:56:43

zeltak

Hya

Is it possible that i completly missed this and keepassC opens V2 datasets? it seems like it opens it but the entries are a bit wierd?

thx

Z

#37 2013-01-30 22:13:07

the sad clown

lykaner wrote:

Just updated the git repo. pwgen is not needed anymore, I've written my own method for this. And it's good to hear that you like it smile

I just created a password today and noticed that now, while it now includes symbols, it leaves out numbers even though that is checked.

Edit: And now it is working fine.  Probably my own mistake.  Sorry.

Last edited by the sad clown (2013-01-31 20:50:46)

#38 2013-02-08 09:36:19

oloꟼ

Hello

Sometimes when I create a group and an entry in that group, the file gets corrupted.

Password: Traceback (most recent call last):                                   
                                              File "/usr/bin/keepassc", line 2497, in <module>                                                                
                   cur.wrapper(app.main_loop(filepath))                        
                                                         File "/usr/bin/keepassc", line 632, in main_loop                                                     
                              if self.open_file() is True:                     
                                                            File "/usr/bin/keepassc", line 1195, in open_file                                                 
                                  self.db = KPDB(self.cur_dir, password, keyfile, False)                                                                      
           File "/usr/lib/python3.3/site-packages/kppy.py", line 474, in __init__                                                                             
      self.load()                                                              
                   File "/usr/lib/python3.3/site-packages/kppy.py", line 621, in load                                                                         
          field_size, decrypted_content)                                       
                                          File "/usr/lib/python3.3/site-packages/kppy.py", line 1291, in _read_group_field                                    
                                               'utf-8')                        
                                                       UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xf2 in position 0: unexpected end of data

The error in keepassx is :

The following error occured while opening the database:
Unexpected error: Offset is out of range. [E3]

In kpcli.pl I've found

# NOTE: I thought that this should not be needed for File::Keepass >= 0.3,
#       but on 2011-02-02 I discovered that creating new groups with
#       File::Keepass and not scrubbing on save created corrupt files:
#               "Group header offset is out of range" errors.
#       Sourceforge bug# 3187054 demonstrated the problem as well.

I don't know if it is relevant.

#39 2013-02-11 19:17:06

lykaner

Hello,

I recently updated the git version and you all should update to it as this could fix the bug oloꟼ posted. But I'm not sure if it's really the problem.

@all who've produced this bug as well: Please give feedback in which particular case it happens and if you could reproduce it if you repeat all steps.

@the sad clown: It was not your fault, I've no check if all options are kept. I'll correct this.

#40 2013-02-11 19:45:55

oloꟼ

It's hard to reproduce. It happenned to me twice, and I wasn't totaly sure it was group related.

I kept a corrupted database, I can email it to you. Please let me know if you need it as I don't want to upload it in a public place. (I can't manage to reproduce the bug with a fake database).

#41 2013-02-12 11:53:03

lykaner

It happened two me a few days ago, too. It seems entry related but I can't find the problem. The Perl-code you brought up says the problem are unsupported fields but kppy (the backed module) supports all fields. I suppose I implemented the search function of KeePassC wrong which worked against kppy as an API. This is fixed now. I hope the problem doesn't appear again.

If someone sees the problem even though he installed the new update, then let me know and please descripe precisely what you've done. I think the problem should be fixed now as it happened to me only if I used the search function. I'm sorry if I damaged someones database ireparabaly.

@Zeltak: No you missed nothing, v2 is not supported yet but maybe I'll find time for this in the middle of march.

Last edited by lykaner (2013-02-12 11:54:17)

#42 2013-02-12 13:24:45

zeltak

lykaner wrote:

@Zeltak: No you missed nothing, v2 is not supported yet but maybe I'll find time for this in the middle of march.

Wow great news thx cant wait

also i was have started to use the auto-type features of both keepassx and keepass latley and they are both (unfortunately) pretty crap

will you consider maybe down the road adding such feature in keepassc , maybe using xdotool/autokey etc?

best and thx for all your hard work, its greatly appreciated!

Z

#43 2013-02-12 18:41:37

oloꟼ

The search function doesn't work anymore.

Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                        
                                                File "/usr/bin/keepassc", line 2655, in <module>                                      
                                                                                                    cur.wrapper(app.main_loop(filepath))                                                                                                                                    
    File "/usr/bin/keepassc", line 633, in main_loop                                                                                  
                                                        self.db_browser()                                                             
                                                                           File "/usr/bin/keepassc", line 2196, in db_browser         
                                                                                                                                 exp[0], exp[1], exp[2])                                                                                                                    
                    File "/usr/lib/python3.3/site-packages/kppy.py", line 165, in create_entry                                        
                                                                                                  password, comment, y, mon, d, h, min_, s)                                                                                                                                 
       File "/usr/lib/python3.3/site-packages/kppy.py", line 1101, in create_entry                                                    
                                                                                      raise KPError("One argument has not a valid type.")                                                                                                                                   
   kppy.KPError: KPError: One argument has not a valid type.

#44 2013-02-13 15:26:41

lykaner

Weird, it works for me. Try to build it again. If it happens again let me know what the entry contains.

#45 2013-02-13 21:08:35

oloꟼ

You're right, it works well for most of the entries. The error occurs when keepassc finds entries with the ꟼ character. It's a new problem though, didn't occur few days ago.

Thank you for working on this great tool btw wink

#46 2013-02-13 21:41:52

lykaner

Hmm, than it seems that I implemented Unicode handling wrong somewhere (hate this in Python -.-).

And you're welcome smile Btw, the next version will get some useful new features, e.g. automatic locking, remembering keyfiles and the last db (everything optional via a configuration menu). 90% of the new version are implemented.

#47 2013-02-14 10:11:46

lykaner

@oloꟼ: I think I find a solution (only tested it for german umlauts but this should also work for ꟼ). It's currently in the experimental branch which I will merge to master during the next days.

#48 2013-02-14 11:15:50

oloꟼ

Gut.

#49 2013-02-14 12:24:06

lykaner

I merged most changes to master. Last remaining issue is to add a editor firecat53 has written. If this is finished I will release a new version.

@oloꟼ: Speaking german? Nice smile

Last edited by lykaner (2013-02-14 12:25:03)

#50 2013-02-15 19:40:09

lykaner

Just to let you know: Please update to kppy v1.3.2 it fixes a bug concerning entry search.

Board footer