You are not logged in.

#51 2013-02-22 16:25:38

lykaner

Re: KeePassC: A KeePassX compatible password manager with curses-interface

I wanna let you know that I released a new stable version and all of you should change to the keepassc package from aur as keepassc-git is thought as an unstable development version for the future. Furthermore the homepage and the whole project has moved to github: http://raymontag.github.com/keepassc/ Look there for the (big :-) changelog.

#52 2013-02-22 16:52:52

zeltak

great new thx !!

works really well so far! any change the next version has kepass v2 support and/or Autotype ? ;-) would love to switch completly from keepassx

best

Z

#53 2013-03-22 10:49:57

lykaner

Uploaded a small bug fix to AUR. There was a delay if you close KeePassC and the timer for clipboard deletion hasn't finished yet.

@zeltak: I work this very moment on it smile

#54 2013-03-22 12:14:54

zeltak

lykaner wrote:

@zeltak: I work this very moment on it smile

is that reffering to the auto type or V2 support ;-)

in any case cant wait, love KeepassC ;-)

thx alot for all your hard work, its greatly appriciated!!

Z

#55 2013-03-25 13:44:16

lykaner

Version 1.5.2 with some bug fixes is in AUR.

#56 2013-03-25 14:13:53

wildshu

First. Thank you so much for this, KeePass is the only thing  preventing me from throwing mono out.
Second. Where is the donation button?

Third. It's missing two features preventing me from switching right now.
- 2.0 database support ( I know it's coming )
- Browser integration. On both firefox  and chrome I'm using passifox to integrate with keepass , it autofillls, updates and saves passwords straight to database, could someone look into it? https://github.com/pfn/passifox/
Would be MARVELOUS if someone could integrate one of the keyboard operated browsers (luakit, dwb, jumani, etc.) in such way with KeePassC.

Thank You again.

#57 2013-03-26 12:25:39

zeltak

wildshu wrote:

Would be MARVELOUS if someone could integrate one of the keyboard operated browsers (luakit, dwb, jumani, etc.) in such way with KeePassC.

hya, the #dwb dev (porti, hes an awesome guy) is actually working on something like this thesdays.

Would be nice if you guys can join us on  #dwb (freenode) and chime in and let the dev know im not the only one interested in this. also lykaner, maybe you guys can work together on this

best

Z

#58 2013-03-26 12:50:15

progandy

zeltak wrote:
wildshu wrote:

hya, the #dwb dev (porti, hes an awesome guy) is actually working on something like this thesdays.

Would be nice if you guys can join us on  #dwb (freenode) and chime in and let the dev know im not the only one interested in this. also lykaner, maybe you guys can work together on this

Maybe rewrite KeepassHTTP for keepassc, then you have a connection to firefox and chrome. In the next step, build an extension for dwb in pure js and in lua/js for luakit.

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#59 2013-03-30 18:10:41

lykaner

Hey guys,

small update in AUR. I will look at the suggestions.

@wildshu: There is a flattr-button at http://raymontag.github.com/keepassc/ wink

#60 2013-04-06 09:12:18

wildshu

lykaner wrote:

Hey guys,

small update in AUR. I will look at the suggestions.

@wildshu: There is a flattr-button at http://raymontag.github.com/keepassc/ wink

I really don't want to whine, but... Oh, god, why flattr?!
Would it be possible to provide some alternative ( something that won't eat 10% of your money preferably ) .

#61 2013-04-06 10:20:39

lykaner

I've sended you an email with the PayPal-Account of my girlfriend if this fits better for you.

Why flattr? Well, someone else asked if it's possible to donate via flattr, that's the reason why I created the account big_smile Maybe I should add a PayPal donation button.

#62 2013-04-25 21:21:21

farsgubben

Thank you for a great program. I am using it on Fedora. Python3-crypto and xsel were in the Fedora repos. I installed kppy and KeePassC manually and it works great.

I am also using Dropbox to share my password db between a few computers. I also use KeePassX, Keepass and iKeePass. I am thinking of using Bittorrent Sync instead of Dropbox, because I like the idea with it. Has anyone used it?

A small hint. You have to use 'python3 setup.py install' on fedora instead of 'python'. Otherwise it will be executed with python2. This could  be added to the web page and README.

Last edited by farsgubben (2013-04-25 21:27:00)

#63 2013-04-25 21:45:36

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

farsgubben wrote:

I am thinking of using Bittorrent Sync instead of Dropbox, because I like the idea with it. Has anyone used it?

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=158820 smile

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#64 2013-05-22 21:29:23

gardar

keepassc crashes when I use the search function

Traceback (most recent call last):                              
                                                                   File "/usr/bin/keepassc", line 116, in <module>                                                                            
                       wrapper(app.main_loop())                                                
                                                 File "/usr/lib/python3.3/site-packages/keepassc/control.py", line 709, in main_loop                                                          
                                         db = DBBrowser(self)                                  
                                                               File "/usr/lib/python3.3/site-packages/keepassc/dbbrowser.py", line 72, in __init__                                            
                                                       self.db_browser()                       
                                                                          File "/usr/lib/python3.3/site-packages/keepassc/dbbrowser.py", line 1187, in db_browser                             
                                                                      unlocked_state[c]()      
                                                                                           File "/usr/lib/python3.3/site-packages/keepassc/dbbrowser.py", line 779, in find_entries           
                                                                                        win_size=(1, 80), title="Title Search: ")()                                                           
1 of 12                               File "/usr/lib/python3.3/site-packages/keepassc/editor.py", line 76, in __init__                                                                        
                           curses.curs_set(1)
                                             _curses.error: curs_set() returned ERR

#65 2013-06-23 21:25:34

lykaner

Hey guys,

submitted a new version with some bug fixes and a small performance tweak. Sorry that I've not a lot time at the moment.

@gardar: Your bug should be fixed, too.

#66 2013-06-23 22:20:15

gardar

Excellent! Search works again.

Do you have any plans about an option to expand the comments field? I have few passwords that have long comments and I have to go back to keepassx to read them.

#67 2013-06-23 23:27:47

firecat53
Website

'C' will allow you to view/edit your comments in a larger text box. Is that what you needed?

Scott

#68 2013-06-23 23:36:30

gardar

Ah that's exactly what I need, now I don't have any reason to keep keepassx.
thanks firecat53!

#69 2013-06-24 15:33:17

lykaner

Yeah, the help/documentation is a mess. I should improve it.

#70 2013-06-26 22:09:04

lykaner

The last couple of weeks I worked sporadically on a server/client structure. If you want to give it a try you can use the git-package from AUR (possible that this branch hasn't some modifications from stable keepassc package!).

WARNING: At this moment information are sended in plain text! SSL/TLS-layer will be added soon!

Explanation:

- start the server with 'keepassc-server -d /path/to/database start' (for other options look at --help)
- receive entry information with 'keepassc -dc -e ENTRY' (it's of course possible to connect to a remote server (i.e. not localhost which is default); again look at --help)
- stop the server with 'keepassc-server stop'

Planned:

- add an optional ssl/tls-layer
- send received information to the original keepassc interface

Last edited by lykaner (2013-06-26 22:09:45)

#71 2013-07-04 19:15:29

Colanco

Seems the non-git version now requires Git, and the git-version doesn't have Git as a dependency. Do you have these the wrong way round?

#72 2013-07-04 21:45:32

lykaner

Both packages need git as github doesn't allow file uploads. Unfortunately I've added git in 'keepassc-git' as a build dep. and in 'keepassc' as a normal dep. I'll fix this later.

Last edited by lykaner (2013-07-04 21:48:08)

#73 2013-07-12 12:45:20

lykaner

Added the (optional) SSL/TLS-layer. The protocol used is TLSv1. A manual will follow soon. For those who know how to create self-signed certificates:

- Create root certificate with filename cacert.pem
- Create a server certificate and a server key with cacert.pem with filenames servercert.pem and serverkey.pem (Common Name: KeePassC Server)
- Server-Side: Put servercert and serverkey to .local/share/keepassc/ (or your data directory specified by XDG_DATA_HOME/keepassc)
- Client-Side: Do the same but with cacert.pem

Of course take care of your private keys!

That's it. Use -s option on both sides. Remember it's still WIP. E.g. it's not possible to run bot SSL and non-SSL and the server works non-threaded, everything is very unstable if sth. unexpected happens.

Last edited by lykaner (2013-07-12 12:45:48)

#74 2013-08-16 15:16:41

lykaner

A new version (1.6.0) is out and in AUR. Bad news are: KeePass v.2.x is still not supported (but that's the next big thing...). Good news: KeePassC is ready for network! You can create a server and use KeePassC over your network (Internet should work though it's not tested as I've not the possibilities) or on localhost to omit password entering in conjunction with the included agent. Watch http://raymontag.github.com/keepassc/server.html for an introduction. Another nice new feature is that expired entries are marked red.

If someone has the possibilities to test this feature over the internet please let me know if it works. Both should work, entering the server ip or the domain.

Last edited by lykaner (2013-08-20 15:25:13)

#75 2013-08-19 05:11:43

zeltak

thx for the updates!

i will wait patiently for the 2.X support smile

best

Z

Board footer