You are not logged in.

#51 2014-01-26 09:14:54

aerosuidae

Re: xoat - x11 obstinate asymmetric tiler

@martt

Does --rotate right make a difference? See the readme. Just to be troublesome (or rather, to keep the code simple and save time smile ) xoat was designed to assume a rotation to the right.

That's just a first guess. Am away from my multi-monitor setup atm so can't experiment just yet...

#52 2014-01-26 13:39:48

marttt

aerosuidae wrote:

@martt

Does --rotate right make a difference?

See the readme. Just to be troublesome (or rather, to keep the code simple and save time smile ) xoat was designed to assume a rotation to the right.

Nope, no difference. Judging from a fullscreen window, xoat's Tile #1 expands itself off the right edge of the screen. #2 and #3 are not visible; I assume they, too, are located "behind" the right screen edge.

I recall I've actually experienced minor odd behaviour by xrandr+dwm earlier as well, so this might also be a problem of my (docked) Thinkpad (it doesn't recognize the external screen as it should). I'll look into it. Thanks for your reply!

EDIT: A "xoat restart" after the xrandr command redraws the screen as it should, so I have a workaround. But as I understad, the redrawing should happen automatically?

Last edited by marttt (2014-01-30 19:30:54)

#53 2014-12-31 05:34:54

aerosuidae

Since I've been using xoat full time for a couple years now I figure it counts as my favorite wm and deserves some TLC :-) Therefore the github repo has a few patches:

• Optional $HOME/.xoatrc support for those who hate config.h

• Unobtrusive pointer warping in situations where window focus was flaky, mainly with keyboard controls and EWMH

• Some bug fixes for: window cycling; a fullscreen flash game crash; "odd" spot placement when toggling max-h/max-v

• Bit of a source code cleanup. Ok, you don't care, but I do, and it still counts as an improvement :-)

I'm ashamed to say my Arch box died a couple months ago and I've yet to rebuild it. So, reports of any build errors on Arch appreciated.

#54 2014-12-31 22:40:11

netfun81

cool, running the update now with .xoatrc.   Can't help with the compiling question on arch, because im on fedora21 right now, but it compiled fine on fedora.   I change distros about as often as my underwear so will probably be on arch soon again. :}    Thanks for continuing to improve xoat.

Board footer