You are not logged in.

#526 2015-02-15 07:50:30

sotokoya
Member
Registered: 2013-06-22
Posts: 8

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

i can't find openrc-base anymore on aur, can i just install openrc with openrc-core? or do i need another package?

Offline

#527 2015-02-15 08:13:17

aaditya
Member
Registered: 2013-09-01
Posts: 174

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

sotokoya wrote:

i can't find openrc-base anymore on aur, can i just install openrc with openrc-core? or do i need another package?

Hi,

openrc-base is a split package containing several packages:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0 … _Search=Go

You can download, extract, and build using:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/op/o … ase.tar.gz

Last edited by aaditya (2015-02-15 08:17:33)

Offline

#528 2015-02-15 16:17:17

sotokoya
Member
Registered: 2013-06-22
Posts: 8

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

aaditya wrote:
sotokoya wrote:

i can't find openrc-base anymore on aur, can i just install openrc with openrc-core? or do i need another package?

Hi,

openrc-base is a split package containing several packages:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0 … _Search=Go

You can download, extract, and build using:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/op/o … ase.tar.gz

Thanks for that
And whenever i try login to xfce4 from lxdm, i just got blank screen
How to start xfce4?

Offline

#529 2015-02-15 16:35:04

aaditya
Member
Registered: 2013-09-01
Posts: 174

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

sotokoya wrote:

Thanks for that
And whenever i try login to xfce4 from lxdm, i just got blank screen
How to start xfce4?

Hmm, maybe you need xfce4-session-consolekit and lxdm-consolekit (both are in the AUR).

To debug, could you disable lxdm and start xfce from the command line as:

startxfce4

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Op … nvironment

Offline

#530 2015-02-15 16:40:35

xanb
Member
Registered: 2012-07-24
Posts: 409

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

What happens with unofficial repository of OpenRC? @Aaditya: did you remove it? Is pfkernel repo substitutes your repo?

Can I do anything for helping to maintain this repo? It's a pity we have an outdated version of OpenRC.

Thanks,


Owning one OpenRC (artoo way) and other three systemd machines

Offline

#531 2015-02-15 16:59:04

aaditya
Member
Registered: 2013-09-01
Posts: 174

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

xanb wrote:

What happens with unofficial repository of OpenRC? @Aaditya: did you remove it? Is pfkernel repo substitutes your repo?

Can I do anything for helping to maintain this repo? It's a pity we have an outdated version of OpenRC.

Thanks,

The repo is still there (so is the blog), its just that I was not able to update it too frequently, hence I decided to remove it from the list of unofficial repos (the pfkernel repo does not substitute it, its something else entirely).

I will try to update the repo.

Last edited by aaditya (2015-02-15 18:02:30)

Offline

#532 2015-02-15 17:14:24

xanb
Member
Registered: 2012-07-24
Posts: 409

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

aaditya wrote:
xanb wrote:

What happens with unofficial repository of OpenRC? @Aaditya: did you remove it? Is pfkernel repo substitutes your repo?

Can I do anything for helping to maintain this repo? It's a pity we have an outdated version of OpenRC.

Thanks,

The repo is still there (so is the blog), its just that I was not able to update it too frequently, hence I decided to remove it from the list of unofficial repos (the pfkernel repo does not substitute it, its something else entirely).

I will try to update the repo.

To help, you could try to bug me when the repo gets too out of date wink

I could do that with pleasure.
On the other hand, surely, it could be done automatically. Is there any way to RSS the https://github.com/OpenRC/openrc/releases?


Owning one OpenRC (artoo way) and other three systemd machines

Offline

#533 2015-02-15 17:55:35

aaditya
Member
Registered: 2013-09-01
Posts: 174

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

xanb wrote:
aaditya wrote:
xanb wrote:

What happens with unofficial repository of OpenRC? @Aaditya: did you remove it? Is pfkernel repo substitutes your repo?

Can I do anything for helping to maintain this repo? It's a pity we have an outdated version of OpenRC.

Thanks,

The repo is still there (so is the blog), its just that I was not able to update it too frequently, hence I decided to remove it from the list of unofficial repos (the pfkernel repo does not substitute it, its something else entirely).

I will try to update the repo.

To help, you could try to bug me when the repo gets too out of date wink

I could do that with pleasure.
On the other hand, surely, it could be done automatically. Is there any way to RSS the https://github.com/OpenRC/openrc/releases?

I try to test out any new package on my own system before pushing it out to the repo. Besides, is it really necessary to update to the latest version (openrc-core-0.13.9 in this case)?

Anyway, I will push an update to the repo shortly. Also if you want to help more, maybe you could play with manjaro-tools, which is what I use to build packages in chroot (cant use devtools as it uses systemd-nspawn). PKGBUILD available here.

Offline

#534 2015-02-15 18:37:37

xanb
Member
Registered: 2012-07-24
Posts: 409

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

@Aaditya: thanks a lot,


Owning one OpenRC (artoo way) and other three systemd machines

Offline

#535 2015-02-15 19:11:23

aaditya
Member
Registered: 2013-09-01
Posts: 174

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

xanb wrote:

@Aaditya: thanks a lot,

Np Xan.

Offline

#536 2015-02-16 01:39:14

sotokoya
Member
Registered: 2013-06-22
Posts: 8

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

aaditya wrote:
sotokoya wrote:

Thanks for that
And whenever i try login to xfce4 from lxdm, i just got blank screen
How to start xfce4?

Hmm, maybe you need xfce4-session-consolekit and lxdm-consolekit (both are in the AUR).

To debug, could you disable lxdm and start xfce from the command line as:

startxfce4

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Op … nvironment

i already installed xfce4-session-consolekit and lxdm-consolekit
i will try to debug it...

Offline

#537 2015-02-16 04:07:34

aaditya
Member
Registered: 2013-09-01
Posts: 174

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

sotokoya wrote:
aaditya wrote:
sotokoya wrote:

Thanks for that
And whenever i try login to xfce4 from lxdm, i just got blank screen
How to start xfce4?

Hmm, maybe you need xfce4-session-consolekit and lxdm-consolekit (both are in the AUR).

To debug, could you disable lxdm and start xfce from the command line as:

startxfce4

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Op … nvironment

i already installed xfce4-session-consolekit and lxdm-consolekit
i will try to debug it...

Maybe Xorg is at fault here, you could try the instructions in Lone_Wolf's post.

Offline

#538 2015-02-16 12:06:04

sotokoya
Member
Registered: 2013-06-22
Posts: 8

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

aaditya wrote:
sotokoya wrote:
aaditya wrote:

Hmm, maybe you need xfce4-session-consolekit and lxdm-consolekit (both are in the AUR).

To debug, could you disable lxdm and start xfce from the command line as:

startxfce4

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Op … nvironment

i already installed xfce4-session-consolekit and lxdm-consolekit
i will try to debug it...

Maybe Xorg is at fault here, you could try the instructions in Lone_Wolf's post.

Thanks a lot aaditya, now it works
everything works fine

Last edited by sotokoya (2015-02-16 16:38:17)

Offline

#539 2015-02-21 19:57:03

xanb
Member
Registered: 2012-07-24
Posts: 409

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

@Aaditya: An update of OpenRC is needed ;-) Can you update your repo?

Last edited by xanb (2015-02-21 19:57:19)


Owning one OpenRC (artoo way) and other three systemd machines

Offline

#540 2015-02-22 18:59:44

xanb
Member
Registered: 2012-07-24
Posts: 409

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

xanb wrote:

@Aaditya: An update of OpenRC is needed ;-) Can you update your repo?

Thanks


Owning one OpenRC (artoo way) and other three systemd machines

Offline

#541 2015-03-07 15:12:25

xanb
Member
Registered: 2012-07-24
Posts: 409

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

Can you change the repo?
That is:

[openrc-eudev]
#Server = http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mefiles/Manjaro/$repo/$arch
Server = http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/archopenrc/$repo/$arch

When I subtitute it, I get "Revc failure: connection reset by peer"


Owning one OpenRC (artoo way) and other three systemd machines

Offline

#542 2015-03-07 15:19:45

aaditya
Member
Registered: 2013-09-01
Posts: 174

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

xanb wrote:

Can you change the repo?
That is:

[openrc-eudev]
#Server = http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mefiles/Manjaro/$repo/$arch
Server = http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/archopenrc/$repo/$arch

When I subtitute it, I get "Revc failure: connection reset by peer"

Perhaps because sourceforge seems down at the moment..

This is what I have:

[openrc-eudev]
SigLevel = PackageOptional
Server = http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/archopenrc/$repo/$arch

(SigLevel is missing in yours)

Offline

#543 2015-03-07 15:21:57

xanb
Member
Registered: 2012-07-24
Posts: 409

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

OK. Thanks a lot,


Owning one OpenRC (artoo way) and other three systemd machines

Offline

#544 2015-03-07 15:29:06

xanb
Member
Registered: 2012-07-24
Posts: 409

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

I get:

unrecognized archive format

Owning one OpenRC (artoo way) and other three systemd machines

Offline

#545 2015-03-07 15:39:50

aaditya
Member
Registered: 2013-09-01
Posts: 174

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

xanb wrote:

I get:

unrecognized archive format

Seems to be working for me here:

$ sudo pacman -Syu
[sudo] password for aaditya: 
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 openrc-eudev                 21.2 KiB   141K/s 00:00 [############################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) xfce4-session-consolekit-4.12.0-1.1

Total Download Size:   0.58 MiB
Total Installed Size:  2.52 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
:: Retrieving packages ...
 xfce4-session-consolek...   593.1 KiB   494K/s 00:01 [############################] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                        [############################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                      [############################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                           [############################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                     [############################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                   [############################] 100%
(1/1) upgrading xfce4-session-consolekit              [############################] 100%

Which package are you trying with?

Offline

#546 2015-03-07 15:43:50

xanb
Member
Registered: 2012-07-24
Posts: 409

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

Now it works. Many thanks,


Owning one OpenRC (artoo way) and other three systemd machines

Offline

#547 2015-03-07 18:56:16

xanb
Member
Registered: 2012-07-24
Posts: 409

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

Problem with X: Today at 13:00 I could enter in X (xfce4 session). Right now, I can't. After I put my password, I return another time to lxdm.

The only packages I updated are:

dialog, mesa, mesa-libgl, firefox, firefox-i18n-ca, lib32-mesa, lib32-mesa-libgl, libevdev, xfce4-power-manager-upower, xfce4-session-consolekit.

Which package do you think is the guilty of the problem? What kind I do for triaging the bug?

Thanks,

Last edited by xanb (2015-03-07 18:59:35)


Owning one OpenRC (artoo way) and other three systemd machines

Offline

#548 2015-03-07 19:17:24

aaditya
Member
Registered: 2013-09-01
Posts: 174

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

xanb wrote:

Problem with X: Today at 13:00 I could enter in X (xfce4 session). Right now, I can't. After I put my password, I return another time to lxdm.

The only packages I updated are:

dialog, mesa, mesa-libgl, firefox, firefox-i18n-ca, lib32-mesa, lib32-mesa-libgl, libevdev, xfce4-power-manager-upower, xfce4-session-consolekit.

Which package do you think is the guilty of the problem? What kind I do for triaging the bug?

Thanks,

I think I messed up xfce4-session-consolekit, will check and see.

You could rebuild it from the AUR, so that it gets built according to the libs on your system.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/xfce … onsolekit/

Edit-
Updated the new repo, probably fixed.

# pacman -Syuu

Last edited by aaditya (2015-03-07 19:27:58)

Offline

#549 2015-03-07 19:39:01

xanb
Member
Registered: 2012-07-24
Posts: 409

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

aaditya wrote:
xanb wrote:

Problem with X: Today at 13:00 I could enter in X (xfce4 session). Right now, I can't. After I put my password, I return another time to lxdm.

The only packages I updated are:

dialog, mesa, mesa-libgl, firefox, firefox-i18n-ca, lib32-mesa, lib32-mesa-libgl, libevdev, xfce4-power-manager-upower, xfce4-session-consolekit.

Which package do you think is the guilty of the problem? What kind I do for triaging the bug?

Thanks,

I think I messed up xfce4-session-consolekit, will check and see.

You could rebuild it from the AUR, so that it gets built according to the libs on your system.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/xfce … onsolekit/

Edit-
Updated the new repo, probably fixed.

# pacman -Syuu

Yes. Your suspicious were true.
Great!. Thanks a lot, for you quickly and eficient solution. thanks a lot, a lot. Truely.

Xan


Owning one OpenRC (artoo way) and other three systemd machines

Offline

#550 2015-03-07 19:47:01

aaditya
Member
Registered: 2013-09-01
Posts: 174

Re: OpenRC & eudev on Arch

xanb wrote:
aaditya wrote:

I think I messed up xfce4-session-consolekit, will check and see.

You could rebuild it from the AUR, so that it gets built according to the libs on your system.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/xfce … onsolekit/

Edit-
Updated the new repo, probably fixed.

# pacman -Syuu

Yes. Your suspicious were true.
Great!. Thanks a lot, for you quickly and eficient solution. thanks a lot, a lot. Truely.

Xan

Thx for your appreciation smile
Dont need to mention it again though in my opinion wink

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB