You are not logged in.

#26 2012-11-14 15:11:51

WonderWoofy

Re: A startup message!

Interesting, so this is a bug... I just figured that the fstab was intended to be edited once you generated.  Like genfstab only created a starting point for you to improve upon.  Though I think maybe you should do that anyway. 

As far as the tmpfs on /tmp is concerned, I was the one that actually changed the > to >> on the beginners guide.   A littel while later, falconindy pointed out to me that this is not necessary any longer, as systemd has a tmp.mount unit that does this automagically for you.  So I ended up removing it.  I thought about re-editing the wiki to change it back, but I figure if it is shipped with the filesystem package, maybe it should be appended to in order to maintain the defaults.  In any case, having the /tmp entry in the fstab didn't seem to hurt anything.

#27 2012-11-14 15:27:57

karol
Archivist

WonderWoofy wrote:

In any case, having the /tmp entry in the fstab didn't seem to hurt anything.

I was just interested if it got assigned a pass of 2 too, because it didn't on my computer.

#28 2012-11-14 15:38:50

falconindy
Developer
Website

WonderWoofy wrote:

Interesting, so this is a bug... I just figured that the fstab was intended to be edited once you generated.  Like genfstab only created a starting point for you to improve upon.  Though I think maybe you should do that anyway.

Sure, it's never going to be perfect. It's meant as a 90% starting point.

Board footer