You are not logged in.

#276 2014-04-21 13:12:36

esquiso

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

I've tried to search a bit, but failed to an answer for this. Today I tried to open switchboard and I got the following error:

switchboard: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.52: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

If I downgrade to icu-52, the problem goes away; but this creates other problems on my system (viz., can't open Chromium). I am using icu-53 and switchboard-bzr-r435 from alucryd's repos. Is there a solution/workaround for this?

#277 2014-04-21 13:31:22

Alucryd
Developer
Website

I've rebuilt dee against new icu, it should fix this.

BTW, some of you may have noticed that pantheon-files-bzr now has a GTK header bar smile

Last edited by Alucryd (2014-04-21 13:33:33)

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

#278 2014-04-22 10:43:04

Alucryd
Developer
Website

New status update:
• Removed Unity support from slingshot and switchboard, one more step away from Ubuntu \o/ Apparently, it was made optional some time ago by a Gentoo user.
• I've downgraded sqlheavy in [community] to the latest stable release plus a backported patch from gitorious. footnote now needs it, and unlike noise, it wants 0.1, not 0.2. Footnote also no longer looks for gee-1.0, unfortunately compilation fails at a later point, stay tuned. Also, rebuilt noise and noise-bzr against new older sqlheavy.
• Shotwell now uses granite, GTK3 header bar is probably not that far away.

#279 2014-04-22 14:19:32

beta990

Alucryd wrote:

New status update:
• Removed Unity support from slingshot and switchboard, one more step away from Ubuntu \o/ Apparently, it was made optional some time ago by a Gentoo user.
• I've downgraded sqlheavy in [community] to the latest stable release plus a backported patch from gitorious. footnote now needs it, and unlike noise, it wants 0.1, not 0.2. Footnote also no longer looks for gee-1.0, unfortunately compilation fails at a later point, stay tuned. Also, rebuilt noise and noise-bzr against new older sqlheavy.
• Shotwell now uses granite, GTK3 header bar is probably not that far away.

Thanks smile

#280 2014-04-22 17:48:37

zenolijo

I am currently having problems getting nm-applet and dropbox indicators working.

The two applets i currently have working are the session/power as well as the sound applet which worked out of the box

It is stated in the wiki page that you can fix the indicators by adding "Pantheon" to OnlyShowIn on the /etc/xdg/autostart/indicator.desktop, but i have not gotten this workaround to work.

Dropbox does not have a .desktop file in the autostart directory, it is located in ~/.config/autostart and neither nm-applet nor dropbox show up when adding "Pantheon" to the .desktop file

The dropbox.desktop file in the home directory is also rewritten every time you restart your dropbox client, so it is useless to change it since the origin of that file is from somewhere else.

When starting up trayer however, they both work fine

Here is my nm-applet.desktop file

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Network
Comment=Manage your network connections
Icon=nm-device-wireless
Exec=nm-applet
Terminal=false
Type=Application
NoDisplay=true
OnlyShowIn=Pantheon
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Bugzilla=GNOME
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Product=NetworkManager
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Component=nm-applet
X-GNOME-UsesNotifications=true

I have also tried using "OnlyShowIn=Pantheon;" with the semicolon in the end without any success.

I installed from the repository, didn't build it from the AUR

Any ideas?

#281 2014-04-23 07:18:40

Alucryd
Developer
Website

@beta990: My pleasure. BTW, the deprecated gsettings keys still haven't been removed upstream, I'll come up with a patch when I have 5 minutes.

@zenolijo: Just so you know, indicators and tray icons are not the same thing. There is no tray support in wingpanel, and there will never be.

#282 2014-04-23 07:56:29

fredbezies

Made some tests yesterday, and it looks like you can build snap-photoshoot if you remove sed line in PKGBUILD. Didn't test it after building was made.

#283 2014-04-23 09:23:18

zenolijo

Alucryd wrote:

@zenolijo: Just so you know, indicators and tray icons are not the same thing. There is no tray support in wingpanel, and there will never be.

Ah, didn't know so looked that up.
But what do you mean with that wingpanel don't have tray support? Both dropbox and skype works fine on my desktop with Luna so why shouldn't it be possible on arch?

Thanks for all the hard work by the way, works pretty well actually!

Last edited by zenolijo (2014-04-23 09:27:20)

#284 2014-04-23 10:51:00

esquiso

Alucryd wrote:

I've rebuilt dee against new icu, it should fix this.

BTW, some of you may have noticed that pantheon-files-bzr now has a GTK header bar smile

Thanks, it did fix it!

Meanwhile, I've spotted something else: when trying to copy/move files on pantheon-files-bzr, it crashes. I've searched a little, and it seems that it's caused by this bug: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=728140 Since this is a problem with GTK and not with pantheon itself, how can this be solved? Wait for the patch to be implemented on the gtk3 package?

#285 2014-04-23 10:51:23

Alucryd
Developer
Website

fredbezies: Indeed it works. I've updated the PKGBUILD, the package should land on my repo tonight.

zenolijo: I'm not sure but it may be thanks to indicator-applications, you can try that. Also for future reference: http://elementaryos.org/answers/can-i-h … ingpanel-1

esquiso: Yup, not much we can do except wait for the fix to land in gtk3 hmm

Last edited by Alucryd (2014-04-23 10:52:49)

#286 2014-04-23 18:54:58

leander

Hey,

Does enyone the same messages in the systemlog. Like this.

Apr 23 20:51:20 localhost org.ayatana.bamf[2175]: (bamfdaemon:2240): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 4977 was not found when attempting to remove it

And this.

Apr 23 20:37:23 localhost org.gnome.zeitgeist.Engine[2175]: ** (zeitgeist-datahub:2261): WARNING **: zeitgeist-datahub.vala:209: Error during inserting events: GDBus.Error:org.gnome.zeitgeist.EngineError.InvalidArgument: Incomplete event: interpretation, manifestation and actor are required

#287 2014-04-24 10:39:18

beta990

Alucryd wrote:

@beta990: My pleasure. BTW, the deprecated gsettings keys still haven't been removed upstream, I'll come up with a patch when I have 5 minutes.

Hi Alucryd,

No problem, otherwise we will wait and see when they fixed it upstream. smile

I'd also submitted some bug-reports and got a reply:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/wingpanel/+bug/1311154 - Wingpanel 0.3.x
https://bugs.launchpad.net/switchboard/+bug/1305345 - Switchboard

Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to test Switchboard, but hope this fixes the issue with some plugs not loading.

Wingpanel seems not be 'fixed' for Isis, at least that is what I understand.
The only way it seems now is to use a patched gtk Ubuntu version. sad
At the moment I tested the patched one from Unity-For-Arch and that works without any problems, but it would be great if 'stuff' could be as vanilla as possible. tongue

#288 2014-04-27 07:55:37

quequotion
Website

Fun with Audience

Audience features a video preview overlay on mouse over of the seek bar. It has it's own audio output stream.
This may or may not be muted by default. You can manipulate the volume of the preview stream in pavucontrol
You could also redirect the preview audio to another output
I set it to 90% and left it on the default output, which is a 5.1 AC3 digital out (which resolves this problem)

#289 2014-05-24 12:00:11

silenc3r

I'm having problem with lightdm-pantheon-greeter. When trying `lightdm  --test-mode --debug` I get following error in ~/.cache/lightdm/log/x-1-greeter.log:

/usr/bin/lightdm-pantheon-greeter: error while loading shared libraries: libcogl-pango.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
$ find / -type f -iname 'libcogl-pango.so.15' 2>/dev/null
$ 
$ pacman -Qs cogl
local/cogl 1.18.0-1
    An object oriented GL/GLES Abstraction/Utility Layer
$ pacman -Qs pango
local/pango 1.36.3-2
    A library for layout and rendering of text

Some other pantheon apps do not work as well, eg.:

$ pantheon-calculator 
pantheon-calculator: error while loading shared libraries: libgranite.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
$ pacman -Qs granite
local/granite-bzr r734-1
    An extension of GTK+ libraries
$ find / -type f -iname 'libgranite.so.1' 2>/dev/null
$ 

#290 2014-05-24 19:56:12

metak

silenc3r wrote:

I'm having problem with lightdm-pantheon-greeter. When trying `lightdm  --test-mode --debug` I get following error in ~/.cache/lightdm/log/x-1-greeter.log:

/usr/bin/lightdm-pantheon-greeter: error while loading shared libraries: libcogl-pango.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
$ find / -type f -iname 'libcogl-pango.so.15' 2>/dev/null
$ 
$ pacman -Qs cogl
local/cogl 1.18.0-1
    An object oriented GL/GLES Abstraction/Utility Layer
$ pacman -Qs pango
local/pango 1.36.3-2
    A library for layout and rendering of text

Some other pantheon apps do not work as well, eg.:

$ pantheon-calculator 
pantheon-calculator: error while loading shared libraries: libgranite.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
$ pacman -Qs granite
local/granite-bzr r734-1
    An extension of GTK+ libraries
$ find / -type f -iname 'libgranite.so.1' 2>/dev/null
$ 

It looks like you're using 'granite-bzr' which (the one in alucryd's repo) contains libgranite.so.2 and not libgranite.so.1 which comes from community repo 'granite' package.
So, long story short, install 'lightdm-pantheon-greeter-bzr' and update other packages to -bzr versions if you want to use 'granite-bzr'...  :-)

@ alucryd

Wouldn't it be better to suggest on Pantheon wiki page to either install all bzr packages or stick with all stable and not mix them or something like that?

#291 2014-05-25 11:05:10

silenc3r

I already have -bzr versions installed.

$ comm -12 <(pacman -Qq | sort) <(pacman -Sql pantheon | sort)
cerbere-bzr
contractor-bzr
gala-bzr
granite-bzr
gtk-theme-elementary-bzr
ido
indicator-datetime
indicator-pantheon-session-bzr
indicator-sound
libgnome-control-center
libindicator-gtk3
lightdm-pantheon-greeter-bzr
maya-calendar-bzr
pantheon-backgrounds-bzr
pantheon-calculator-bzr
pantheon-default-settings-bzr
pantheon-files-bzr
pantheon-notify-bzr
pantheon-session-bzr
pantheon-terminal-bzr
plank-theme-pantheon-bzr
scratch-text-editor-bzr
slingshot-launcher-bzr
switchboard-bzr
switchboard-plug-about-bzr
switchboard-plug-default-applications-bzr
switchboard-plug-gcc-bzr
switchboard-plug-keyboard-bzr
switchboard-plug-pantheon-shell-bzr
switchboard-plug-power-bzr
switchboard-plug-startup-applications-bzr
wingpanel-bzr

#292 2014-05-25 21:42:22

metak

@silenc3r

I've updated my packages and it seems that "lightdm-pantheon-greeter" needs to be rebuilt, but it fails for me...

Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 28 warning(s)
CMakeFiles/pantheon-greeter.dir/build.make:70: recipe for target 'src/Wallpaper.c' failed
make[2]: *** [src/Wallpaper.c] Error 1

#293 2014-05-26 00:10:02

Alucryd
Developer
Website

Hey guys, sorry about my lack of answers, I'm currently abroad and don't always have internet/time at hand.
Last time I checked the pantheon greeter needed stable granite. You can't build it against granite-bzr, please use the gtk3 greeter until this is resolved.

About mixing packages, feel free to drop such a line on the wiki, I didn't because being able to understand such an error is required for an arch user IMHO, they should be able to get it without babysitting. That way I can also scare off people who think arch + pantheon is cool but have no clue what Linux is. And believe you me, I have received quite a few mails already asking about trivial things :'(

#294 2014-05-29 07:48:20

tydell
Website

I wonder if someone got working indicator-synapse on Archlinux now ? How did you do that ? I installed indicator-synapse (doesn't matter if I created pkgbuild or just simple copied files) I got something like this

[09:17:27] tydell@probook4530s:~$ wingpanel 
[_LOG_LEVEL_INFO 09:37:45.320225] Application.vala:153: Wingpanel version: 0.2.4
[_LOG_LEVEL_INFO 09:37:45.320307] Application.vala:155: Kernel version: 3.10.40-1-lts
[_LOG_LEVEL_WARN 09:37:45.448832] [libindicator] Unable to load module: /usr/lib/indicators3/7/libsynapse.so
[_LOG_LEVEL_FATAL 09:37:45.448894] IndicatorFactory.vala:96: Unable to load libsynapse.so: invalid object.
[_LOG_LEVEL_FATAL 09:37:45.448938] Wingpanel will not function properly.
[_LOG_LEVEL_WARN 09:37:45.449045] IndicatorFactory.vala:72: Unable to read indicators: No such file or directory
[_LOG_LEVEL_WARN 09:37:45.478589] BackgroundManager.vala:98: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.pantheon.gala was not provided by any .service files

#295 2014-05-29 12:12:49

quequotion
Website

quequotion wrote:

Finally got indicator-sensors back into super-wingpanel (bzr) smile

So why doesn't glippy play nice with super-wingpanel-bzr?
Anyone else using it in Pantheon?

Methinks i see a night of much bzr scouring ahead..

::Edit::
More like several days. Got glippy working again!

It's gone again and now I can't remember how I fixed it the last time...

Remembered; not a pantheon issue. One must add "libglippyindicator" to gconf key apps/glippy/plugins/list

Last edited by quequotion (2014-06-01 15:55:05)

#296 2014-06-01 09:10:38

Kubino

Does anyone have this problem with apps with new Gtk3 header?

6icDjHdl.jpg

#297 2014-06-01 15:46:21

quequotion
Website

Kubino wrote:

Does anyone have this problem with apps with new Gtk3 header?

Yes. I've been  working around this by disabling window decorations for these applications (the decorations are redundant anyway).

This can be done on a per-app basis by using their window class to make rules for the decorator. For compiz, there's a setting in ccsm; for openbox it can be done with a config file. As for gala, which I haven't been using, no idea--but I belive the elementary devs intend to embrace the new headers in future designs.

These lists will grow as more applications adopt the new headers. It would be nice to have a way to filter all of them with one rule, or for the applications themselves to refuse decoration.

For compiz:
CCSM - > Window Decoration -> Decoration windows

(any) & !(class=Gnome-control-center) & !(class=Pantheon-*) & !(class=Audience) & !(class=Gedit) & !(class=Noise) & !(class=File-roller) & !(class=Gnome-tweak-tool) & !(class=Popcorn-Time)

For openbox:
~/.config/openbox/rc.xml in the <applications> section:

<application class="Gnome-control-center">
    <decor>no</decor>
  </application>
  <application class="Pantheon-*">
    <decor>no</decor>
  </application>
  <application class="Audience">
    <decor>no</decor>
  </application>
  <application class="Gedit">
    <decor>no</decor>
  </application>
  <application class="Noise">
    <decor>no</decor>
  </application>
  <application class="File-roller">
    <decor>no</decor>
  </application>
  <application class="Gnome-tweak-tool">
    <decor>no</decor>
  </application>
  <application class="Popcorn-Time">
    <decor>no</decor>

Last edited by quequotion (2014-06-04 01:48:30)

#298 2014-06-08 20:55:25

orschiro
Website

Someone interested in packaging Plank Themer that allows for very easy configuration of the Plank Dock theme?

#299 2014-06-09 19:44:13

quequotion
Website

orschiro wrote:

Someone interested in packaging Plank Themer that allows for very easy configuration of the Plank Dock theme?

I thought this looked like a good idea, so I gave it a go. Unfortunately, it needs a considerable re-write.*
The meat and bones of it are a couple of bash scripts that weren't made with packaging in mind.
They're designed for almost everything to be in $HOME and could use a lot of cleanup.

Here's where I decided to go to bed:
PKGBUILD
plank-themer.install

*The necessary changes might not be very complicated actually, but would take more time than I have at the moment and amount to a nearly complete re-write.

Last edited by quequotion (2014-06-09 19:48:03)

#300 2014-06-09 20:14:21

orschiro
Website

@quequotion

Thanks for your efforts. I opened an issue on Github. Let's see to what extent the developer can help here!

Board footer