You are not logged in.

#26 2012-12-21 13:24:53

kokoko3k

Re: Humble Indie Bundle 7

Anybody got Dungeon Defenders run in fullscreen mode?
Tried with openbox and kwin, the game crashes or gives me a black screen.

Help me to improve ssh-rdp !
Retroarch User? Try my koko-aio shader !

#27 2012-12-21 16:38:29

sas

jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:

Does Closure really require NVidia (requirel libcg, which I can't find for Intel)?

The NVIDIA Cg toolkit is just an OpenGL-based graphics effects toolkit, it's not specific to NVIDIA graphics cards (it's just produced by the same company).

Closure ships its own bundled binary copy of the Cg library, but I made the closure-hib PKGBUILD remove it and depend on the nvidia-cg-toolkit package instead which installs a system-wide copy.

#28 2012-12-21 17:11:47

Nanthiel

What works for me with the Intel HD3000 card: Closure.

What works for me with the Nvidia GT540M: Snapshot, Grimrock, Shank 2, The Binding of Isaac. All flawlessly. I don't know why Isaac started working, but it doesn't lag anymore (I run it in Firefox).

Even after symlinking /bin/true to the screensaver thing, DungeonDefenders still won't work, I get (with the Nvidia card):

(primusrun)

Dungeon Defenders: Installed in '/home/matej/bin/DungeonDefenders'.
./DungeonDefenders-x86: symbol lookup error: ./DungeonDefenders-x86: undefined symbol: glMapBufferRange

(optirun)

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libdlfaker.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'librrfaker.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  153 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  16 (X_GLXVendorPrivate)
  Value in failed request:  0x20000e
  Serial number of failed request:  296
  Current serial number in output stream:  299

and this with the Intel card:

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Last edited by Nanthiel (2012-12-21 23:12:56)

#29 2012-12-22 14:33:25

Box0

kokoko3k wrote:

Anybody got Dungeon Defenders run in fullscreen mode?
Tried with openbox and kwin, the game crashes or gives me a black screen.

same here with kwin and a nvidia card. What card are you using?

#30 2012-12-23 07:31:00

kokoko3k

Tried with a 9600gt with and without postprocessing.

Help me to improve ssh-rdp !
Retroarch User? Try my koko-aio shader !

#31 2012-12-23 10:44:34

kelnoky

Legend of Grimrock won't work for me. I installed it via aur and this is what I get when I try to start it:

┌─[ 11:31 ][ hostname:~/builds/grimrock/legend-of-grimrock ]
└─> legend-of-grimrock 
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'core::FileOpenFailedException'
Aborted (core dumped)

When I try to start its binary directly, like suggested earlier in this thread, I get a black screen with a mouse coursor and nothing happens, so I eventually kill it. This is the output for that:

┌─[ 11:41 ][ hostname:/usr/share/legend-of-grimrock ]
└─> ./Grimrock.bin.x86_64 
GL_VERSION: 4.3.0 NVIDIA 310.19
GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
GL_RENDERER: GeForce GTX 460/PCIe/SSE2
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 4.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_compute_shader GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_copy_image GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store GL_ARB_shader_image_size GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_precision GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_include GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_stencil_texturing GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_tessellation_shader GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_query_levels GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_texture_view GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_direct_state_access GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shader_image_load_store GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_texture_type_2_10_10_10_REV GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback2 GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_EXT_x11_sync_object GL_EXT_import_sync_object GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KHR_debug GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_alpha_test GL_NV_blend_minmax GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_complex_primitives GL_NV_compute_program5 GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_copy_image GL_NV_depth_buffer_float GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_draw_texture GL_NV_ES1_1_compatibility GL_NV_explicit_multisample GL_NV_fbo_color_attachments GL_NV_fence GL_NV_float_buffer GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragdepth GL_NV_fragment_program GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage GL_NV_geometry_shader4 GL_NV_gpu_program4 GL_NV_gpu_program4_1 GL_NV_gpu_program5 GL_NV_gpu_program_fp64 GL_NV_gpu_shader5 GL_NV_half_float GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_coverage GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2 GL_NV_path_rendering GL_NV_pixel_data_range GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_register_combiners2 GL_NV_shader_atomic_counters GL_NV_shader_atomic_float GL_NV_shader_buffer_load GL_NV_shader_storage_buffer_object GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_expand_normal GL_NV_texture_lod_clamp GL_NV_texture_multisample GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texture_shader GL_NV_texture_shader2 GL_NV_texture_shader3 GL_NV_transform_feedback GL_NV_transform_feedback2 GL_NV_vdpau_interop GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_attrib_integer_64bit GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_NV_vertex_program2 GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_NVX_conditional_render GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_depth32 GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_point_size_array GL_OES_point_sprite GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_read_format GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_texture_3D GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_float_linear GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_slice_accum 
GL_STENCIL_BITS: 8
GL_MAX_VERTEX_UNIFORM_COMPONENTS: 4096
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_MAX_ANISOTROPY_EXT: 16.000000
Compiling shader shaders/gl/PostProcess.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/PostProcess.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/ImmediateMode.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/ImmediateMode.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/ImmediateModeTex.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/ImmediateModeTex.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/ParticleSystem.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/ParticleSystem.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/Mesh.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/MeshGeometry.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/MeshMaterial.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/MeshUnlit.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/MeshShadow.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/AmbientLight.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/AmbientLight.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/PointLight.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/PointLight.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/PointLight.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/PointLight_CastShadow.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/DirectionalLight.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/DirectionalLight.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/Stencil.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/Stencil.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/BlurCubeMap.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/BlurCubeMap.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/AmbientOcclusionPrepareDepth.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/AmbientOcclusionPrepareDepth.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/AmbientOcclusion.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/AmbientOcclusion.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/AmbientOcclusion.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/AmbientOcclusion.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/AmbientOcclusionBlur.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/AmbientOcclusionBlurX.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/AmbientOcclusionBlur.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/AmbientOcclusionBlurY.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/Fog.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/Fog.fsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/Tonemap.vsh
Compiling shader shaders/gl/Tonemap.fsh
Compiling shader assets/shaders/gl/crystal.vsh
Compiling shader assets/shaders/gl/crystal.fsh
Compiling shader assets/shaders/gl/crystal_unlit.fsh
0 mods found
Compiling shader assets/shaders/gl/dream.fsh
Killed
┌─[ 11:42 ][ hostname:/usr/share/legend-of-grimrock ]
└─> 

#32 2012-12-23 12:16:16

vnbovnd

Nanthiel wrote:

What works for me with the Intel HD3000 card: Closure.

What works for me with the Nvidia GT540M: Snapshot, Grimrock, Shank 2, The Binding of Isaac. All flawlessly. I don't know why Isaac started working, but it doesn't lag anymore (I run it in Firefox).

Even after symlinking /bin/true to the screensaver thing, DungeonDefenders still won't work, I get (with the Nvidia card):

(primusrun)

./DungeonDefenders-x86: symbol lookup error: ./DungeonDefenders-x86: undefined symbol: glMapBufferRange

Primus did not work for me either, but optirun was able to do the trick. I'm also using the same hardware as you (Intel HD 3000 / Nvidia GT 540M) under i686 Arch.

#33 2012-12-23 13:00:13

Nanthiel

vnbovnd wrote:

Primus did not work for me either, but optirun was able to do the trick. I'm also using the same hardware as you (Intel HD 3000 / Nvidia GT 540M) under i686 Arch.

Do you get any command line output? I'm on 64 bit though, so that might be it.

#34 2012-12-23 17:20:27

blackout23

ethail wrote:

Anyone tried Dungeon Defenders?

Yes but Fullscreen won't work. I'm on Gnome 3.6.2. Everything else is perfect.

#35 2012-12-23 19:39:06

lubosz

The full screen issue in Dungeon Defenders is pretty annoying. There is a bug report for that, but no solution yet: https://bugzilla.icculus.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5836
Maybe it's an SDL 2.0 issue. Does anybody actually have full screen in DD?

I have gnome 3.6 and nvidia drivers.

#36 2012-12-24 06:56:49

HalosGhost
Forum Moderator
Website

I'm having an issue with Legend of Grimrock (after the latest update and using a script to run the game as suggested on the AUR page). As with other users, it opens with a black screen (and the cursor), and does not change. On further investigation, a popup is created on-running that says I should make sure my pc meets minimum system reqs and that my GPU drivers are up-to-date. I'm using the open-source ATI drivers, and I am fully up-to-date; my computer is far beyond the minimum system reqs.

Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone overcome it, if so?

All the best,

-HG

Last edited by HalosGhost (2012-12-24 06:59:10)

#37 2012-12-24 09:10:29

kelnoky

@HalosGhost

As written earlier, I have the same problem. Black screen with nothing happening. My PC surely exceeds the requirements as well, but where is this pop-up you speak of? I wasn't able to see that.
If there were in error in the terminal, it would make things easier, but apparently everything seemingly "works", we just don't get to see the game. What WM are you using? Maybe it's a tiling WM thing...since I use Xmoad.

#38 2012-12-24 09:43:11

mood

I'm having a seemingly unique issue with Dungeon Defenders. After I start it up it says:

Dungeon Defenders: Installed in '/usr/local/games/DungeonDefenders'.
Couldn't find any mice to control?!

A search for 'Couldn't find any mice to control?!' doesn't give me any remotely useful results on Google, so I am kind of stuck.
I am using the proprietary Nvidia drivers, because Nouveau gave me libGL errors. Any ideas?

#39 2012-12-24 18:36:57

chameco

Had some issues with Closure. When running the installer manually (AUR package relies on an older version of the file, so it's just annoying to have to change the md5 hash every time), I get missing dependency errors on libsteam_api.so. I found that file somewhere else (it's included with Swords and Sworcery), and I tried putting it in /usr/local/lib with no luck. Finally solved it by putting it in <install path>/Closure/lib (should be /usr/local/games/Closure/lib by default). Just thought I'd post in case anyone else ran into this, there was NOTHING about this anywhere that I could find.

EDIT: Now it's failing with

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; Sys_LoadModule failed to load: /home/samuel/.steam/bin32/steamclient.so
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.dll.

and then a segfault. Working on it now.

EDIT 2:
Or not. Anyone else having this issue? I can't for the life of me find a solution.

Last edited by chameco (2012-12-24 19:10:14)

#40 2012-12-25 02:00:26

HalosGhost
Forum Moderator
Website

kelnoky, for me, I was running grimrock in the terminal, and after moving the game's window to another workspace, the popup was visible (I use i3-wm; so the window was covering up the popup and the terminal).

I was also running it using a script rather than a symlink to /usr/bin/legend-of-grimrock. If anyone has overcome these issues, I'd love to know how.

All the best,

-HG

#41 2012-12-25 11:53:13

ethail

If you're having segfaults trying to start dungeon defenders, take a look at:

https://bugzilla.icculus.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5823#c10

My GitHub Page

Best Testing Repo Warning: [testing] means it can eat you hamster, catch fire and you should keep it away from children. And I'm serious here, it's not an April 1st joke.

#42 2012-12-25 15:49:23

snufkin

Had some problem with Legend of Grimrock. Finally got it running on my Intel HD 3000 by installing libtxc_dxtn from the AUR. Only had the 32 bit version installed since earlier.

#43 2012-12-26 12:42:13

totte

Concerning Grimrock (AUR) I also got a popup window on running it stating that S3TC support is required (and check that your PC meets the system requirements etc). I got past that (or so it seemed) by running it like so:

force_s3tc_enable=true legend-of-grimrock

But no matter whether I'm in /usr/share/legend-of-grimrock and running it with the above line or with this:

force_s3tc_enable=true ./Grimrock.bin.x86_64

I get a new popup saying "File not found: shaders/gl/PostProcess.vsh" and then it stops. The full output:

» force_s3tc_enable=true ./Grimrock.bin.x86_64
GL_VERSION: 3.0 Mesa 9.0.1
GL_VENDOR: nouveau
GL_RENDERER: Gallium 0.4 on NV96
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 1.30
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_multisample GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_polygon_offset GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_texture GL_EXT_texture3D GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_INGR_blend_func_separate GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_S3_s3tc GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_MESA_window_pos GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fog_distance GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_MESA_pack_invert GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_read_format GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_timer_query GL_OES_EGL_image GL_MESA_texture_array GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_NV_conditional_render GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_texture_snorm GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata 
GL_MAX_VERTEX_UNIFORM_COMPONENTS: 16384
Auto-detected resolution: 1440 x 900
GL_VERSION: 3.0 Mesa 9.0.1
GL_VENDOR: nouveau
GL_RENDERER: Gallium 0.4 on NV96
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 1.30
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_multisample GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_polygon_offset GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_texture GL_EXT_texture3D GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_INGR_blend_func_separate GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_S3_s3tc GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_MESA_window_pos GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fog_distance GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_MESA_pack_invert GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_read_format GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_timer_query GL_OES_EGL_image GL_MESA_texture_array GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_NV_conditional_render GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_texture_snorm GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata 
GL_MAX_VERTEX_UNIFORM_COMPONENTS: 16384
^C

#44 2012-12-26 13:11:18

totte

A thought occurs - this laptop is a Dell Precision M4400 with NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M and was used for CAD before I inherited it. I was told that it was more or less the same thing as GeForce 8600 but perhaps I'm mistaken and isn't up to the task? According to the specifications it supports Shader Model 4.0 though...

#45 2012-12-27 18:13:05

HalosGhost
Forum Moderator
Website

For me, it seems that community/libtxc_dxtn solves my problems with grimrock. After installing it, the game runs perfectly.

Totte, even if the GPU you have is the laptop equivalent of a GeForce 8600, I can tell you the laptop version will not ever be as powerful as the desktop equivalent. Such is the way of computers. I hope you get it worked out, but I have no experience with that hardware. Best of luck!

All the best,

-HG

#46 2012-12-28 12:24:05

Phy

I installed Grimrock and was getting the "File not found: shaders/gl/PostProcess.vsh" error. I was able to get the game to run if I ran it as root, but thats not a solution. Changing ownership to my user didn't work either. Anyone else have ideas?

#47 2012-12-28 15:26:50

fettouhi

Has anyone been able to play snapshot with a controller? I'm trying to use my wired xbox 360 controller and it works in part but I can only take snapshot of items I can't seem to put items etc. back. I have to use the right button on the mouse.

#48 2012-12-28 15:46:44

totte

HalosGhost wrote:

For me, it seems that community/libtxc_dxtn solves my problems with grimrock. After installing it, the game runs perfectly.

Totte, even if the GPU you have is the laptop equivalent of a GeForce 8600, I can tell you the laptop version will not ever be as powerful as the desktop equivalent. Such is the way of computers. I hope you get it worked out, but I have no experience with that hardware. Best of luck!

All the best,

-HG

Yeah I've got that one installed too, as well as the dependencies listed for the AUR package, no luck.

I haven't really paid any attention to hardware over the last years and since Bastion runs without a hitch on this machine I thought it may run other games as well. My MacBook Pro from 2008ish has got better specs (seemingly) but not even Half-Life 2 runs well on it. The sound is awful on the Dell laptops I get though - even with headphones (the built-in speakers are beyond awful).

Phy wrote:

I installed Grimrock and was getting the "File not found: shaders/gl/PostProcess.vsh" error. I was able to get the game to run if I ran it as root, but thats not a solution. Changing ownership to my user didn't work either. Anyone else have ideas?

The README listed an e-mail address for tech support so I sent a fairly detailed and thorough explanation to them - no reply yet though.

#49 2012-12-28 19:15:51

HalosGhost
Forum Moderator
Website

totte wrote:

Yeah I've got that one installed too, as well as the dependencies listed for the AUR package, no luck.

I haven't really paid any attention to hardware over the last years and since Bastion runs without a hitch on this machine I thought it may run other games as well. My MacBook Pro from 2008ish has got better specs (seemingly) but not even Half-Life 2 runs well on it. The sound is awful on the Dell laptops I get though - even with headphones (the built-in speakers are beyond awful).

I'm sorry to hear it's still not working. I'm running it on my late 2011 Mac (8,2). So, I don't know what else to tell you.

All the best,

-HG

#50 2012-12-28 20:35:18

MannImMond

Got another issue with Grimrock.

Whenever I try to start it (from /usr/share/..) I simply get the message "failed to initialize glew"

Glew is installed correctly.

Any dependencies I missed or anyone else having this issue?

Using a Radeon Mobility 3400HD with the legacy driver if that is of any concern.

Edit: Error is fixed. Presumeably the update to Catalyst-Legacy 13.1 did the trick

Last edited by MannImMond (2013-01-22 23:15:36)

Board footer