You are not logged in.

#26 2013-01-06 07:42:17

ShadowKyogre
Website

Re: [CLOSED] Lucifer's Linux - Arch Linux geared towards occultists

Morn wrote:

The Windows version is using "Res/Morinus.jpg" for its icon. But maybe there's something better? Morinus.jpg would have to be cropped anyway because KDE resizes non-square icons to squares.

I could create an icon somewhat similar to that image and upload it somewhere when I'm done for you to include in the PKGBUILD for those (as well as some patches that are probably needed to set the window icon, I think).

For every problem, there is a solution that is:
Clean
Simple and most of all...wrong!
Github page

#27 2013-01-06 08:34:34

Morn

ShadowKyogre wrote:

I could create an icon somewhat similar to that image and upload it somewhere when I'm done for you to include in the PKGBUILD for those (as well as some patches that are probably needed to set the window icon, I think).

I could temporarily disown the two packages on AUR so you can change the PKGBUILDs there directly if you want…

P.S. I've updated morinus and morinustrad in AUR—saving to the places database works now.

Last edited by Morn (2013-01-06 12:11:46)

#28 2013-01-06 19:41:05

ShadowKyogre
Website

Morn wrote:
ShadowKyogre wrote:

I could temporarily disown the two packages on AUR so you can change the PKGBUILDs there directly if you want…

P.S. I've updated morinus and morinustrad in AUR—saving to the places database works now.

Mkay. I added a few changes to properly set the window Icon on my local copy of the PKGBUILDs, a cropped version of the normal icon, and an *.desktop file for it.

Clean
Github page

#29 2013-01-07 01:31:51

oboedad55

Looks interesting, but I can't get past the live login screen. It seems to want a password, but nothing works, including no password at all.

Registered Linux user #436067

#30 2013-01-07 01:42:40

ShadowKyogre
Website

oboedad55 wrote:

Looks interesting, but I can't get past the live login screen. It seems to want a password, but nothing works, including no password at all.

Tried scrolling down in the session select to select Pekwm? I haven't changed the default session yet to point to that in case I end up putting something else as the default session.

Clean
Github page

#31 2013-01-07 09:37:25

Morn

ShadowKyogre wrote:

Mkay. I added a few changes to properly set the window Icon on my local copy of the PKGBUILDs, a cropped version of the normal icon, and an *.desktop file for it.

Great, then maybe you could send the src.tar.gz to one of my email addresses as listed in the AUR. Thanks!

#32 2013-01-07 15:58:27

ShadowKyogre
Website

Morn wrote:

Great, then maybe you could send the src.tar.gz to one of my email addresses as listed in the AUR. Thanks!

Sent the *.src.tar.gzs to your email smile. I also just packaged (but not added to the remote copy of the repos yet) gnaural-presets since that caught my eye while looking around for your email.

Clean
Github page

#33 2013-01-07 16:16:28

Morn

ShadowKyogre wrote:

Sent the *.src.tar.gzs to your email smile. I also just packaged (but not added to the remote copy of the repos yet) gnaural-presets since that caught my eye while looking around for your email.

Thanks! Maybe the two versions of Morinus should have slightly different-looking icons to distinguish them. E.g., I could make the modern version more sepia and the traditional (="old" smile ) version black-and-white. That would also solve the problem with conflicting icon files.

Speaking of Gnaural, can you try TibetanBowls.gnaural and tell me if you hear annoying clicks? (I get them also with the Crickets and Frogs file. Most others play fine.) Maybe because KDE uses pulseaudio and Gnaural uses OSS that is piped into PA somehow? At least on the Mac I don't recall clicking noises happening with Gnaural at all.

#34 2013-01-08 07:18:04

ShadowKyogre
Website

Morn wrote:

Thanks! Maybe the two versions of Morinus should have slightly different-looking icons to distinguish them. E.g., I could make the modern version more sepia and the traditional (="old" smile ) version black-and-white. That would also solve the problem with conflicting icon files.

Speaking of Gnaural, can you try TibetanBowls.gnaural and tell me if you hear annoying clicks? (I get them also with the Crickets and Frogs file. Most others play fine.) Maybe because KDE uses pulseaudio and Gnaural uses OSS that is piped into PA somehow? At least on the Mac I don't recall clicking noises happening with Gnaural at all.

Ran the WIP live CD (which just has Alsa for the sound) with those presets and gnaural in VirtualBox just now. I got some staticy noise from the TibetanBowls.gnaural. As for the CricketsandFrogs.gnaural, I didn't hear any clicking noises.

[EDIT, Random, but related]: So while I was doing some more portability fiddling around and moving QTarot and QBioBeat to use the native distutils tools to set up the packages, I decided to try attempting to refactor the code in ChronosLNX and...was baffled by the amount of spaghetti code that I wrote. I'm also going to add refactoring ChronosLNX and separating some things that shouldn't be GUI dependent from the GUI stuff.

Last edited by ShadowKyogre (2013-01-08 07:26:19)

Clean
Github page

#35 2013-01-08 12:46:46

Morn

ShadowKyogre wrote:

Ran the WIP live CD (which just has Alsa for the sound) with those presets and gnaural in VirtualBox just now. I got some staticy noise from the TibetanBowls.gnaural.

I've tried TibetanBowls on OS X with Gnaural 2008-08-08 and there's no clicking noise. So maybe this is an issue in Gnaural itself that was introduced between 2008 and 2011 and not a sound system problem as I initally thought. BTW, when I render the sound to a WAV file on Linux and play it in Audacity, the audio is clean. So this is strictly a playback issue.

#36 2013-01-09 06:36:43

ShadowKyogre
Website

Morn wrote:

I've tried TibetanBowls on OS X with Gnaural 2008-08-08 and there's no clicking noise. So maybe this is an issue in Gnaural itself that was introduced between 2008 and 2011 and not a sound system problem as I initally thought. BTW, when I render the sound to a WAV file on Linux and play it in Audacity, the audio is clean. So this is strictly a playback issue.

I'll go report this to the upstream developers to see if they have an idea of what's going on.
---
@Everyone: So I was staring at ChronosLNX's (AUR pkg: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/chronoslnx-git ) code for a bit today and found that enabling lunar returns causes the program's GUI to slow down drastically because the checks for lunar returns are being repeatedly done on repaint. To fix this, I shoved the appropriate indicators into a tooltip and rewrote some of the calendar widget. Here's some shots from the master and the WIP branch. I'm still working on the new calendar widget to fix this, but it should be mostly done.  Once I get it polished, the changes in this will be put into the next live cd. I've also been thinking of ripping out the live chart in the center since there's already plenty of pretty good astrology chart making programs.
New, from the WIP branch: taDAwag
Old: taDAwbA
(^these shots were from my desktop machine)

Last edited by ShadowKyogre (2013-01-09 06:37:36)

Clean
Github page

#37 2013-01-09 10:34:46

Morn

What's up with the latest qtarot-git? When you start it, there's now a weird textbox that asks for a layout. What am I supposed to enter there? The old version just had a dropdown menu to select different layouts. hmm

Last edited by Morn (2013-01-09 10:34:57)

#38 2013-01-09 15:45:39

ShadowKyogre
Website

Morn wrote:

What's up with the latest qtarot-git? When you start it, there's now a weird textbox that asks for a layout. What am I supposed to enter there? The old version just had a dropdown menu to select different layouts. hmm

I noticed that problem when I was moving it to python's native distutils setup to make it easier to package on non-Linux systems. Seems I forgot to put the layouts in the setup.py file when doing this. I'll edit this post as soon as I get that fixed up, which should be pretty quick.

[EDIT] qtarot-git's setup.py is fixed to include the layouts, bug should be fixed now.

[EDIT 2]: Decided to put out a copy of the WIP cd iso. You can find it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lucifer … x86_64.iso . Not much functionality changes other than the items that were crossed off from the todo list, but root and visitor now have passwords. root's password is treevitals and visitor's password is visitor. I also added an FAQ page to the main website since now two people've come up with questions regarding the login. PekWM is also set as the default session so you don't have to manually select it.

Last edited by ShadowKyogre (2013-01-09 19:52:15)

Clean
Github page

#39 2013-01-28 22:31:45

deepsoul
Website

ShadowKyogre wrote:

Lucifer's Linux is a Live CD distro based on Arch Linux, ...

You absolutely have to call this an Undead CD. tongue

Officer, I had to drive home - I was way too drunk to teleport!

#40 2013-01-29 04:19:06

fschiff

I think there was a defunct Linux distro, called Undead Linux.
Had wallpapers of vampire-penguins and scenes from Italian cannibal movies.

#41 2014-06-06 08:24:58

rein

I'm not trolling, but as an arch noob I have a question to the dev. I don't understand why you use the pinguin theme? Why not upside down Arch with demon face and zodiac background?

Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

Last edited by rein (2014-06-06 08:33:35)

#42 2014-06-06 13:59:39

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Welcome to the forums rein.  Please note the date on thread/posts - there has not been any activity in this thread for well over a year.  Further, the OP's links to forums dedicated to the project have not generated a single post in two years of existence, nor has the bug tracker had any activity in that time.

I suspect it is likely this project may not have continued and as such I'll close this thread for now.  I'll be happy to reopen it if ShadowKyogre contacts me indicating that the project is still up and running.

Closing per "necrobumping" old threads policy.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer