You are not logged in.

#126 2005-11-14 00:12:31

Gullible Jones
Member
Registered: 2004-12-29
Posts: 4,863

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

Wow... That is beautiful.

(Shame it's Fluxbox...)

Offline

#127 2005-11-14 04:05:08

Shofs
Member
From: Central Illinois
Registered: 2004-12-15
Posts: 184

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

dibblethewrecker wrote:

Before anyone goes bananas...

We have to draw the line somewhere and that line does have to be some way before total full-frontal nudity, even if it is just a link, I think, otherwise people could directly link to all sorts of stuff!  It's easier for us, the mods, if people could just please avoid such links.

Of course, if your album does contain such screenies we can't stop people browsing it wink

Agreed.

Is it bad to like the picture though...... :oops:

Offline

#128 2005-11-14 05:55:27

LudoTheGreat
Member
From: Wisconsin
Registered: 2005-04-27
Posts: 40
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

Cam wrote:

fluxbox0348vj.th.jpg

care to share that wallpaper?

Offline

#129 2005-11-14 06:26:05

CyberTron
Member
From: Gotland ,Sweden
Registered: 2005-03-17
Posts: 645
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

Cam wrote:

fluxbox0348vj.th.jpg

just a question about on eof your icons, i asume that it is idesk/rox but how do you tel thunderbird to show if there are new mails or not?  (or is it fake?)


http://www.linuxportalen.com  -> Linux Help portal for Linux and ArchLinux (in swedish)

Dell Inspiron 8500
Kernel 2.6.14-archck1  (selfcompiled)
Enlightenment 17

Offline

#130 2005-11-14 06:47:22

Cam
Member
From: Brisbane, Aus
Registered: 2004-12-21
Posts: 658
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

CyberTron wrote:
Cam wrote:

fluxbox0348vj.th.jpg

just a question about on eof your icons, i asume that it is idesk/rox but how do you tel thunderbird to show if there are new mails or not?  (or is it fake?)

Magic wink It's adesklets, not iDesk or ROX.

Ludo: linky smile

Offline

#131 2005-11-16 12:37:49

CyberTron
Member
From: Gotland ,Sweden
Registered: 2005-03-17
Posts: 645
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

too bad I can't use adesklets with e17....hm...maybe I should try another VM ....but which one...very well...that is  another thread big_smile


http://www.linuxportalen.com  -> Linux Help portal for Linux and ArchLinux (in swedish)

Dell Inspiron 8500
Kernel 2.6.14-archck1  (selfcompiled)
Enlightenment 17

Offline

#132 2005-11-16 14:55:39

Nattydraddy
Member
From: Hamburg in Germany
Registered: 2005-11-01
Posts: 18

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

CyberTron wrote:

too bad I can't use adesklets with e17....:D

Why can´t you use adesklets with e17? Adesklets is also based on imlib2

Offline

#133 2005-11-16 15:11:47

atze
Member
From: Netherlands (Leiden)
Registered: 2005-10-22
Posts: 76
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

CyberTron wrote:

too bad I can't use adesklets with e17....hm...maybe I should try another VM ....but which one...very well...that is  another thread big_smile

check this out, has some info about adesklets in e17
http://get-e.org/Main/FAQs/index.html#48

Offline

#134 2005-11-16 21:36:48

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow
From: Montreal, Canada
Registered: 2004-08-20
Posts: 5,212

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

baze wrote:
Snowman wrote:

Very nice. smile  How do you put the minimized windows in the left-side taskbar? Do you do that with IconBox? Currently when I minimized windows, the thumbnails gets placed from right to left starting at bottom left corner.  After a while, they start overlapping my button bar (see my screenshot on previous page) and I would like to prevent that.

I use IconMan for this and set the thumbnails as miniicons, not as icons.
then I only show the iconified windows in the iconman and there you go :>

(I use 2 IconMans btw. one for the taskbar and one for the thumbnails)

I got it half working. :? I use the IconManager but some apps (firefox, xchat-gnome) don't use the thumbnails for the MiniIcons. It works well for some other apps (emacs, aterm). Also the window title is displayed at the right of the thumbnail.  I would prefer having it underneath but couldn't find any config options.

I also tried the IconBox. In this case, the title is under the icons like I want but I couldn't make it work with the thumbnails.

I haven't written my config from scratch so there's probably something messing up.

Would you mind,  baze, stonecrest or anyone else, posting or PMing me your configs?  You can send me the whole config files. I'll be able to figure out what I want.

Thanks.

Offline

#135 2005-11-17 07:33:06

sash
Member
Registered: 2005-10-16
Posts: 155

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

This is my Nov desktop featuring a brown blackbox style (Seclusion), wallpaper from deviantart, adesklets, and idesk icons. I am happy with the transparency from adesklets--I could never get that working with gdesklets.

93dt3

Does anyone have any recommendations for an icon theme? Curently I use Zenith icons, but I can't seem to be satisfied with the look. I would like an icon set that has more of a 3d look.

Offline

#136 2005-11-18 17:35:48

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow
From: Montreal, Canada
Registered: 2004-08-20
Posts: 5,212

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

Snowman wrote:
baze wrote:
Snowman wrote:

Very nice. smile  How do you put the minimized windows in the left-side taskbar? Do you do that with IconBox? Currently when I minimized windows, the thumbnails gets placed from right to left starting at bottom left corner.  After a while, they start overlapping my button bar (see my screenshot on previous page) and I would like to prevent that.

I use IconMan for this and set the thumbnails as miniicons, not as icons.
then I only show the iconified windows in the iconman and there you go :>

(I use 2 IconMans btw. one for the taskbar and one for the thumbnails)

I got it half working. :? I use the IconManager but some apps (firefox, xchat-gnome) don't use the thumbnails for the MiniIcons. It works well for some other apps (emacs, aterm). Also the window title is displayed at the right of the thumbnail.  I would prefer having it underneath but couldn't find any config options.

I also tried the IconBox. In this case, the title is under the icons like I want but I couldn't make it work with the thumbnails.

I haven't written my config from scratch so there's probably something messing up.

Would you mind,  baze, stonecrest or anyone else, posting or PMing me your configs?  You can send me the whole config files. I'll be able to figure out what I want.

Thanks.

For the record, baze sent me his config and I got the IconMan to work as I wanted.  I haven't been able to figure out how to change the title location, though. However, I dicovered the Tips functionality which is a suitable replacement, IMO. smile

Offline

#137 2005-11-19 08:34:07

phrakture
Arch Overlord
From: behind you
Registered: 2003-10-29
Posts: 7,879
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

I wanted to see what conky could do:
[URL=http://img295.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cap17py.png]cap17py.th.png[/URL]

Offline

#138 2005-11-19 17:20:20

LudoTheGreat
Member
From: Wisconsin
Registered: 2005-04-27
Posts: 40
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

Offline

#139 2005-11-20 04:20:13

tbroderick
Member
Registered: 2005-05-06
Posts: 45

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

[URL=http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot8bf.png]screenshot8bf.th.png[/URL]

Trying out gnome.

Offline

#140 2005-11-20 04:23:28

tbroderick
Member
Registered: 2005-05-06
Posts: 45

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

phrakture wrote:

I wanted to see what conky could do:
[URL=http://img295.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cap17py.png]cap17py.th.png[/URL]


What WM is that?

Offline

#141 2005-11-20 12:10:19

Cam
Member
From: Brisbane, Aus
Registered: 2004-12-21
Posts: 658
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

[URL=http://www.lynucs.org/index.php?screen_id=137510901743806709b7a94&p=screen]fluxbox0350xg.th.jpg[/URL]

Offline

#142 2005-11-20 13:25:21

baze
Member
Registered: 2005-10-30
Posts: 393

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

tbroderick wrote:
phrakture wrote:

I wanted to see what conky could do:
[URL=http://img295.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cap17py.png]cap17py.th.png[/URL]


What WM is that?

looks like ratpoison to me.

Offline

#143 2005-11-20 15:53:08

ozar
Member
From: USA
Registered: 2005-02-18
Posts: 1,681

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

phrakture wrote:

I wanted to see what conky could do:
cap17py.th.png

Phrakture... what's up with those blurry fonts in Conky?

The fonts on the left side of the screen look nice and sharp, but the Conky fonts give me one hell of a headache...   :shock:


oz

Offline

#144 2005-11-20 16:13:24

baze
Member
Registered: 2005-10-30
Posts: 393

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

he sould get rid of the white shadows in conky. then it would look just as clear as the rest.

Offline

#145 2005-11-21 04:36:20

phrakture
Arch Overlord
From: behind you
Registered: 2003-10-29
Posts: 7,879
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

Ah yeah, I was "seeing what conky could do" and was messing with the different settings - I should point out that they look better on the actual screen, but still look fuzzy

and yes, baze got the WM right

Offline

#146 2005-11-21 21:09:17

shadowhand
Member
From: MN, USA
Registered: 2004-02-19
Posts: 1,142
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

r3con_112105_thumb.jpg

Xfce-svn. smile


·¬»· i am shadowhand, powered by webfaction

Offline

#147 2005-11-21 21:19:00

Gullible Jones
Member
Registered: 2004-12-29
Posts: 4,863

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

Sooo... Does Thunar work now? wink

Offline

#148 2005-11-21 22:06:40

shadowhand
Member
From: MN, USA
Registered: 2004-02-19
Posts: 1,142
Website

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

Gullible Jones wrote:

Sooo... Does Thunar work now? wink

Yes it does. smile


·¬»· i am shadowhand, powered by webfaction

Offline

#149 2005-11-21 22:50:33

Gullible Jones
Member
Registered: 2004-12-29
Posts: 4,863

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

Woo hoo, me switching to XFCE now! big_smile

Offline

#150 2005-11-22 15:25:01

TomE
Member
Registered: 2005-08-06
Posts: 164

Re: November 2005 Arch Screenshots

[URL=http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screen3fj.png]screen3fj.th.png[/URL]

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB