You are not logged in.

#1251 2014-02-28 22:37:00

Flyser

Re: KVM VGA-Passthrough using the new vfio-vga support in kernel =>3.9

jonascj wrote:

#1: How is the Windows guest visualized (what/where is its display)?
My only experience with "graphical access" to KVM guests is via VNC, but that will not do it for gaming. So how is the guest visualized / what is its display? As far as I can understand from the thread people simply have a monitor connected directly to the graphics card which is passed through to the guest, is this understood correctly?

Correct.

jonascj wrote:

This directly connected monitor can then have multiple inputs which can be changed on the monitor itself or one could use a display switch box.

I lost you there ... could you clarify?

jonascj wrote:

#2: Any alternatives to #1?
In the thread I see a couple of discussions about copying the frame buffer of one graphics card to another, but all of them end with the poster saying it is just speculation and that it should be theoretically possible. Anyone who have succeeded with getting the video output from the guest into a window on the host via whatever method?

Afaik there are no generic solutions. I use steam in-house streaming every now and then, but it only works for some games and is not very fast.

jonascj wrote:

#3: Are two powerful graphics cards needed?
Quite a few posters have two quite powerful graphics cards installed. Isn't one powerful graphics card enough (one to pass to the guest used for playing games) and a less powerful one for running the host displays?

One is enough. I use the integrated Intel GPU for the host and a powerful nvidia card for the guest.

jonascj wrote:

#4: Is a dedicated sound card needed?
Do I need a dedicated sound card or can the host and guest share the onboard sound card?

You can share your onboard sound card. Either with passthrough (and thus only usable by the guest) or shared between host and guest.

jonascj wrote:

#5: Requirements for CPU and mother board?
Is it (more or less) sufficient to select a CPU with Intel VT-d or AMD-Vi, and a matching mother board (supporting the CPU and Intel VT-d / AMD-Vi)?

In theory yes. In practice, there seem to be some mainboards that work better than others. see https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … _web#gid=0

Last edited by Flyser (2014-02-28 22:39:31)

#1252 2014-02-28 23:10:26

MacCoaster

Bronek wrote:

This is not your primary GPU now, is it? These things may change depending on your computer BIOS setup and PCIe slot location it is attached to.

Nope. Never was my primary. Intel IGP is my primary, used for Linux console.

aw wrote:

The DMAR faults indicate they are blocking the 8970 from reading memory just below 128GB.  It seems like a safe assumption that you don't have a 128GB VM, so the IOMMU is probably doing it's job by preventing these.  Does the card still work on bare metal?  It is possible that a failed memory controller on the card could be generating these accesses.  Does the address remotely resemble the host or guest address of the device?  (lspci in the host, info pci/info mtree in the qemu monitor)  If you haven't already, a hard power cycle might be a good idea.

I haven't tested bare metal, will do. Hard power cycles do nothing. sad I'll get the lspci (what do you need specifically?, -vv?) and info pci/mtree.

Thanks,

Will

#1253 2014-03-01 03:17:27

doubledr

aw wrote:
doubledr wrote:

Hi, aw

Is there any tutorial about how to use these tools? I want to help this topic too.

You'll find kvm_stat in the qemu source tree, here are some instructions:

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fe … 20s02.html

Tracing is similarly easy, but the report generated is massive and takes some skill to analyze:

http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Tracing

Generally you'll want to run kvm_stat first to see what the heavy hitters are, then look in the trace output to try to figure out why they're being called.

There's a bit on perf here too:

http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Perf_events

A simple place to start, especially if you're compiling your own qemu is to uncomment #define DEBUG_VFIO from hw/misc/vfio.c, recompile and test with that binary.  You will get a ton of initial output but once the OS drivers are running it should slow down considerably.  The output will never cease entirely though, all config space access will go through qemu and any of the quirks.  So long as you don't see more than around a dozen lines per second, vfio is probably not the bottleneck.

Thx, aw

I took several days to read throught these documents. But I think I am missing something. kvm_stat displays two columns of number, but what do they mean? The first document doesn't explain it. And I don't know what is the typical value for each counter... So when I type kvm_stat, I have no idea which counter is "abnormal". I think the knowledge gap is pretty large here... sad

#1254 2014-03-01 09:45:11

jonascj

Flyser wrote:
jonascj wrote:

This directly connected monitor can then have multiple inputs which can be changed on the monitor itself or one could use a display switch box.

I lost you there ... could you clarify?

I just meant that most people are looking for the guest to feel like it is just another application window on the host machine. They are trying to get as far away from dual boot as possible. So most people will probably choose a monitor with two inputs, one which can be connected to the host and one to the guest. That way they do not have a monitor whose sole purpose is to display the output of the guest; by selecting source on the monitor they can turn it into a secondary monitor for the host. Or if their monitor do not have two inputs maybe they invest in an vga/dvi switch which will let them switch between the input of the guest and host.

Flyser wrote:
jonascj wrote:

jonascj wrote:
#2: Any alternatives to #1?
In the thread I see a couple of discussions about copying the frame buffer of one graphics card to another, but all of them end with the poster saying it is just speculation and that it should be theoretically possible. Anyone who have succeeded with getting the video output from the guest into a window on the host via whatever method?

Afaik there are no generic solutions. I use steam in-house streaming every now and then, but it only works for some games and is not very fast.

I have a Thinkpad T420 laptop with Nvidia optimus technology (not intended to be used for this setup, just some perspective). There is a heap of trouble with having output on the display port and powersaving from the Optimus technology. One solution to get output on the display port is to "setup a virtual display on the Intel GPU (so it now have the internal display and one virtual), render all output on the Intel GPU and then copy the contents of the virtual display to the Nvidia GPU for output via the display port" (http://zachstechnotes.blogspot.co.at/2012/04/post-title.html , https://github.com/liskin/hybrid-screenclone).

Of course the Nvidia GPU and Intel GPU of the T420 is "connected" through the Optimus technology, but if it is possible to copy display content between them in an Optimus setup maybe setups exist for desktop computers which would allow the same thing. Of course this would not be a generic solution (like you said: no generic solution exist).

#1255 2014-03-01 13:20:53

winie

should i expect vga passthrough to work out of box with kernel 3.14 and qemu 2.0 or xen 4.4?

i have a 2x geforce 770 cards intel 4670 and asrock z87 extreme4

i'm new to linux and the closest i have got to success is with xenserver 6.2 and esxi 5.5 i get yellow triangle in device manager with error code 43 under windows 8.1 guest.
i did this guide step by step in arch linux with gnome and linux mint 16, and both times virt-manager window doesn't respond after starting guest with vga passthrough

#1256 2014-03-01 17:46:05

mostlyharmless

@aw

Patches were just posted upstream to do lazy tracking of the debug registers.

Presumably you have to be running 3.14-rc4 or linux-next for those patches to apply cleanly?  I tried them on 3.13.2, and most applied, with a few failures I was able to fix manually, but I haven't tried compiling a kernel with them yet...  [EDIT] and that wouldn't work anyway.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether they apply to me in any case, as I don't have a Haswell processor, I have an IvyBridge. (4930K) 

Also, Is that hv-time option relevant at all? I currently use -cpu host.

Last edited by mostlyharmless (2014-03-01 22:16:06)

#1257 2014-03-01 21:59:49

mostlyharmless

@neona

Turns out I'm an idiot, and installed a different qemu at some point that was earlier in my path than the one from qemu-git.  Cleaned that out and sound works fine now.

Hey, thanks, turns out I'm the same sub-species of idiot; now my sound is working too!

#1258 2014-03-01 22:49:35

aw
Website

mostlyharmless wrote:

@aw

Patches were just posted upstream to do lazy tracking of the debug registers.

Presumably you have to be running 3.14-rc4 or linux-next for those patches to apply cleanly?  I tried them on 3.13.2, and most applied, with a few failures I was able to fix manually, but I haven't tried compiling a kernel with them yet...  [EDIT] and that wouldn't work anyway.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether they apply to me in any case, as I don't have a Haswell processor, I have an IvyBridge. (4930K) 

Also, Is that hv-time option relevant at all? I currently use -cpu host.

It should help all Intel processors when the guest makes use of debug registers, it's not Haswell specific.  hv-time is a Hyper-V enlightened time source which is more efficient than other emulated time sources.  I saw an improvement of several FPS when using hv-time.

http://vfio.blogspot.com
Looking for a more open forum to discuss vfio related uses?  Try https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/vfio-users

#1259 2014-03-02 13:43:36

it9exm

Hi everyone

I installed every package suggested in the 1st post by nbhs in order to get qemu working with vfio-pci option
and edited every config file.
Till now i compiled the kernel twice, the second time i did i took care that the following options were selected
as builtin and not module:

CONFIG_VFIO_IOMMU_TYPE1=y
CONFIG_VFIO=y
CONFIG_VFIO_PCI=y
CONFIG_VFIO_PCI_VGA=y

Vt-d is enabled in the efi setup.

This is my configuration:

MB:MSI Z77A-GD80
CPU: Intel Core I7-2600
RAM:16GB ddr3 1866
DISK:128GB SSD Sata 3
Primary GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 2000
Secondary GPU: Nvidia GTX 280 <-- Windows display

But when i try to launch qemu (after device passthrough with vfio-bind) i get this error:

qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -M q35 -m 8192 -cpu host -smp 6,sockets=1,cores=6,threads=1 -bios /usr/share/qemu/bios.bin -vga none -device ioh3420,bus=pcie.0,addr=1c.0,multifunction=on,port=1,chassis=1,id=root.1 -device vfio-pci,host=01:00.0,bus=root.1,addr=00.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on
qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=01:00.0,bus=root.1,addr=00.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on: vfio: error no iommu_group for device
qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=01:00.0,bus=root.1,addr=00.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on: Device initialization failed.
qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=01:00.0,bus=root.1,addr=00.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on: Device 'vfio-pci' could not be initialized

this is the output of

dmesg | grep -e DMAR -e IOMMU
[    0.000000] ACPI: DMAR 000000009947a598 0000B8 (v01 INTEL      SNB  00000001 INTL 00000001)
[    0.065036] dmar: IOMMU 0: reg_base_addr fed90000 ver 1:0 cap c0000020e60262 ecap f0101a
[    0.065041] dmar: IOMMU 1: reg_base_addr fed91000 ver 1:0 cap c9008020660262 ecap f0105a
[    0.065112] IOAPIC id 2 under DRHD base  0xfed91000 IOMMU 1

lspci:

lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller (rev 09)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200/2nd Generation Core Processor Family PCI Express Root Port (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller (rev 04)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82579V Gigabit Network Connection (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 04)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev c4)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 5 (rev c4)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Z77 Express Chipset LPC Controller (rev 04)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 04)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 04)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 285] (rev a1)
02:00.0 SATA controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller (rev 01)

here's the full dmesg
http://pastebin.com/SZ9aMVhG

I also added intel_iommu=on, igfx=on, but this changed nothing.

Is there something else to adjust?
Thanks

Last edited by it9exm (2014-03-02 13:44:17)

#1260 2014-03-02 14:22:01

aw
Website

arny91 wrote:

Hi everyone

here's the full dmesg
http://pastebin.com/SZ9aMVhG

I also added intel_iommu=on, igfx=on, but this changed nothing.

You have:

[    0.000000] Command line: initrd=\initramfs-linux-mainline.img root=/dev/sda2 rw,intel_iommu=on,igfx_on

Change the comma between "rw" and "intel_iommu" to a space.

Looking for a more open forum to discuss vfio related uses?  Try https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/vfio-users

#1261 2014-03-02 22:46:57

MacCoaster

aw wrote:

The DMAR faults indicate they are blocking the 8970 from reading memory just below 128GB.  It seems like a safe assumption that you don't have a 128GB VM, so the IOMMU is probably doing it's job by preventing these.  Does the card still work on bare metal?  It is possible that a failed memory controller on the card could be generating these accesses.  Does the address remotely resemble the host or guest address of the device?  (lspci in the host, info pci/info mtree in the qemu monitor)  If you haven't already, a hard power cycle might be a good idea.

Alright, finally had the time to get around to it.

lspci -vvv

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3 Processor DRAM Controller (rev 06)
	Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 8534
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Latency: 0
	Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=0c <?>

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor PCI Express x16 Controller (rev 06) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
	I/O behind bridge: 0000e000-0000efff
	Memory behind bridge: e0000000-f08fffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000fff00000-00000000000fffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
	BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR- NoISA- VGA+ MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
		PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
	Capabilities: [88] Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 8534
	Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 3
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
	Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
		Address: fee002f8  Data: 0000
	Capabilities: [a0] Express (v2) Root Port (Slot+), MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 256 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <64ns, L1 <1us
			ExtTag- RBE+ FLReset-
		DevCtl:	Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
			RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
			MaxPayload 256 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
		DevSta:	CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr- TransPend-
		LnkCap:	Port #2, Speed 8GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <256ns, L1 <8us
			ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot+
		LnkCtl:	ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- Retrain- CommClk+
			ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
		LnkSta:	Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt+ ABWMgmt+
		SltCap:	AttnBtn- PwrCtrl- MRL- AttnInd- PwrInd- HotPlug- Surprise-
			Slot #1, PowerLimit 75.000W; Interlock- NoCompl+
		SltCtl:	Enable: AttnBtn- PwrFlt- MRL- PresDet- CmdCplt- HPIrq- LinkChg-
			Control: AttnInd Unknown, PwrInd Unknown, Power- Interlock-
		SltSta:	Status: AttnBtn- PowerFlt- MRL- CmdCplt- PresDet+ Interlock-
			Changed: MRL- PresDet+ LinkState-
		RootCtl: ErrCorrectable- ErrNon-Fatal- ErrFatal- PMEIntEna- CRSVisible-
		RootCap: CRSVisible-
		RootSta: PME ReqID 0000, PMEStatus- PMEPending-
		DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Not Supported, TimeoutDis-, LTR+, OBFF Via WAKE# ARIFwd-
		DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis-, LTR-, OBFF Via WAKE# ARIFwd-
		LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 8GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-
			 Transmit Margin: Normal Operating Range, EnterModifiedCompliance- ComplianceSOS-
			 Compliance De-emphasis: -6dB
		LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -6dB, EqualizationComplete+, EqualizationPhase1+
			 EqualizationPhase2+, EqualizationPhase3+, LinkEqualizationRequest-
	Capabilities: [100 v1] Virtual Channel
		Caps:	LPEVC=0 RefClk=100ns PATEntryBits=1
		Arb:	Fixed- WRR32- WRR64- WRR128-
		Ctrl:	ArbSelect=Fixed
		VC0:	Caps:	PATOffset=00 MaxTimeSlots=1 RejSnoopTrans-
			Arb:	Fixed+ WRR32- WRR64- WRR128- TWRR128- WRR256-
			Ctrl:	Enable+ ID=0 ArbSelect=Fixed TC/VC=ff
	Capabilities: [140 v1] Root Complex Link
		Desc:	PortNumber=02 ComponentID=01 EltType=Config
		Link0:	Desc:	TargetPort=00 TargetComponent=01 AssocRCRB- LinkType=MemMapped LinkValid+
			Addr:	00000000fed19000
	Capabilities: [d94 v1] #19
	Kernel driver in use: pcieport
	Kernel modules: shpchp

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3 Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 43
	Region 0: Memory at f0c00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
	Region 2: Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
	Region 4: I/O ports at f000 [disabled] [size=64]
	Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
	Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
		Address: fee00018  Data: 0000
	Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
	Capabilities: [a4] PCI Advanced Features
		AFCap: TP+ FLR+
		AFCtrl: FLR-
		AFStatus: TP-
	Kernel driver in use: i915
	Kernel modules: i915

00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor HD Audio Controller (rev 06)
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 48
	Region 0: Memory at f1414000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
	Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
	Capabilities: [60] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
		Address: fee003f8  Data: 0000
	Capabilities: [70] Express (v1) Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s unlimited, L1 unlimited
			ExtTag- RBE- FLReset+
			MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
		LnkCap:	Port #0, Speed unknown, Width x0, ASPM unknown, Latency L0 <64ns, L1 <1us
			ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
		LnkCtl:	ASPM Disabled; Disabled- Retrain- CommClk-
		LnkSta:	Speed unknown, Width x0, TrErr- Train- SlotClk- DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
	Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
	Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel

00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI (rev 04) (prog-if 30 [XHCI])
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 45
	Region 0: Memory at f1400000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
	Capabilities: [70] Power Management version 2
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=375mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
	Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/8 Maskable- 64bit+
		Address: 00000000fee00398  Data: 0000
	Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
	Kernel modules: xhci_hcd

00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 47
	Region 0: Memory at f141f000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16]
	Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 3
	Capabilities: [8c] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
		Address: 00000000fee003d8  Data: 0000
	Kernel driver in use: mei_me
	Kernel modules: mei_me

00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI #2 (rev 04) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 20
	Region 0: Memory at f141c000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=375mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
	Capabilities: [58] Debug port: BAR=1 offset=00a0
	Capabilities: [98] PCI Advanced Features
	Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
	Kernel modules: ehci_pci

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
	Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 8573
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 49
	Region 0: Memory at f1410000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=55mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
	Capabilities: [60] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
		Address: 00000000fee00438  Data: 0000
	Capabilities: [70] Express (v1) Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <64ns, L1 <1us
			ExtTag- RBE- FLReset+
		DevSta:	CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr+ TransPend-
		LnkCap:	Port #0, Speed unknown, Width x0, ASPM unknown, Latency L0 <64ns, L1 <1us
		LnkCtl:	ASPM Disabled; Disabled- Retrain- CommClk-
		LnkSta:	Speed unknown, Width x0, TrErr- Train- SlotClk- DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
	Capabilities: [100 v1] Virtual Channel
		Caps:	LPEVC=0 RefClk=100ns PATEntryBits=1
		Arb:	Fixed- WRR32- WRR64- WRR128-
		Ctrl:	ArbSelect=Fixed
		VC0:	Caps:	PATOffset=00 MaxTimeSlots=1 RejSnoopTrans-
			Arb:	Fixed- WRR32- WRR64- WRR128- TWRR128- WRR256-
			Ctrl:	Enable+ ID=0 ArbSelect=Fixed TC/VC=01
		VC1:	Caps:	PATOffset=00 MaxTimeSlots=1 RejSnoopTrans-
			Arb:	Fixed- WRR32- WRR64- WRR128- TWRR128- WRR256-
			Ctrl:	Enable+ ID=2 ArbSelect=Fixed TC/VC=04
	Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #1 (rev d4) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=0
	I/O behind bridge: 00002000-00002fff
	Memory behind bridge: cf200000-cf3fffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000cf400000-00000000cf5fffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
	BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR- NoISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
	Capabilities: [40] Express (v2) Root Port (Slot+), MSI 00
			ExtTag- RBE+ FLReset-
		LnkCap:	Port #1, Speed 5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <1us, L1 <4us
			ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep+ BwNot+
		LnkCtl:	ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- Retrain- CommClk-
		LnkSta:	Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x0, TrErr- Train+ SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
		SltCap:	AttnBtn- PwrCtrl- MRL- AttnInd- PwrInd- HotPlug+ Surprise+
			Slot #0, PowerLimit 0.000W; Interlock- NoCompl+
		SltSta:	Status: AttnBtn- PowerFlt- MRL- CmdCplt- PresDet- Interlock-
			Changed: MRL- PresDet- LinkState-
		DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range ABC, TimeoutDis+, LTR+, OBFF Via WAKE# ARIFwd-
		DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis-, LTR+, OBFF Disabled ARIFwd-
		LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 5GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-
			 Transmit Margin: Normal Operating Range, EnterModifiedCompliance- ComplianceSOS-
		LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -3.5dB, EqualizationComplete-, EqualizationPhase1-
			 EqualizationPhase2-, EqualizationPhase3-, LinkEqualizationRequest-
	Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
		Address: 00000000  Data: 0000
	Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 8534
	Capabilities: [a0] Power Management version 3

00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev d4) (prog-if 01 [Subtractive decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=03, subordinate=04, sec-latency=0
	I/O behind bridge: 0000d000-0000dfff
	Memory behind bridge: f1300000-f13fffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
			ExtTag- RBE+ FLReset-
		LnkCap:	Port #2, Speed 5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <1us, L1 <16us
		LnkCtl:	ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- Retrain- CommClk-
		LnkSta:	Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive+ BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
			Slot #1, PowerLimit 10.000W; Interlock- NoCompl+
		DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range ABC, TimeoutDis+, LTR+, OBFF Not Supported ARIFwd-
		DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis-, LTR+, OBFF Disabled ARIFwd-
		LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -3.5dB, EqualizationComplete-, EqualizationPhase1-

00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #3 (rev d4) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=05, subordinate=05, sec-latency=0
	I/O behind bridge: 0000c000-0000cfff
	Memory behind bridge: f1200000-f12fffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
			ExtTag- RBE+ FLReset-
		LnkCap:	Port #3, Speed 5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <512ns, L1 <16us
		LnkSta:	Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive+ BWMgmt+ ABWMgmt-
			Slot #2, PowerLimit 10.000W; Interlock- NoCompl+
		DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range ABC, TimeoutDis+, LTR+, OBFF Not Supported ARIFwd-

00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #4 (rev d4) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=06, subordinate=06, sec-latency=0
	I/O behind bridge: 0000b000-0000bfff
	Memory behind bridge: f1100000-f11fffff
			ExtTag- RBE+ FLReset-
		LnkCap:	Port #4, Speed 5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <512ns, L1 <16us
		LnkSta:	Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive+ BWMgmt+ ABWMgmt-
			Slot #3, PowerLimit 10.000W; Interlock- NoCompl+

00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #5 (rev d4) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=07, subordinate=07, sec-latency=0
	I/O behind bridge: 0000a000-0000afff
	Memory behind bridge: cf600000-cfafffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000cfb00000-00000000cfbfffff
			ExtTag- RBE+ FLReset-
		DevSta:	CorrErr+ UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr+ TransPend-
		LnkCap:	Port #5, Speed 5GT/s, Width x4, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <512ns, L1 <16us
		LnkSta:	Speed 5GT/s, Width x4, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive+ BWMgmt+ ABWMgmt-
			Slot #4, PowerLimit 25.000W; Interlock- NoCompl+
		LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -6dB, EqualizationComplete-, EqualizationPhase1-

00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI #1 (rev 04) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 23
	Region 0: Memory at f141b000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
	Capabilities: [58] Debug port: BAR=1 offset=00a0
	Capabilities: [98] PCI Advanced Features
	Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
	Kernel modules: ehci_pci

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation C226 Series Chipset Family Server Advanced SKU LPC Controller (rev 04)
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=0c <?>
	Kernel driver in use: lpc_ich
	Kernel modules: lpc_ich

00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller 1 [AHCI mode] (rev 04) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 46
	Region 0: I/O ports at f0b0 [size=8]
	Region 1: I/O ports at f0a0 [size=4]
	Region 2: I/O ports at f090 [size=8]
	Region 3: I/O ports at f080 [size=4]
	Region 4: I/O ports at f060 [size=32]
	Region 5: Memory at f141a000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
	Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
		Address: fee003b8  Data: 0000
	Capabilities: [70] Power Management version 3
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold-)
	Capabilities: [a8] SATA HBA v1.0 BAR4 Offset=00000004
	Kernel driver in use: ahci
	Kernel modules: ahci

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 04)
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 18
	Region 0: Memory at f1419000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
	Region 4: I/O ports at f040 [size=32]
	Kernel modules: i2c_i801

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Hawaii XT [Radeon HD 8970] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
	Subsystem: PC Partner Limited / Sapphire Technology Device e285
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 16
	Region 0: Memory at e0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
	Region 2: Memory at f0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=8M]
	Region 4: I/O ports at e000 [size=256]
	Region 5: Memory at f0800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
	Expansion ROM at f0840000 [disabled] [size=128K]
	Capabilities: [48] Vendor Specific Information: Len=08 <?>
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1+,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold-)
	Capabilities: [58] Express (v2) Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 256 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <4us, L1 unlimited
			ExtTag+ AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset-
			RlxdOrd- ExtTag+ PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+
			MaxPayload 256 bytes, MaxReadReq 512 bytes
		LnkCap:	Port #0, Speed 8GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <64ns, L1 <1us
		LnkSta:	Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
		DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Not Supported, TimeoutDis-, LTR-, OBFF Not Supported
		DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis-, LTR-, OBFF Disabled
		LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 8GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-
		LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -3.5dB, EqualizationComplete+, EqualizationPhase1+
			 EqualizationPhase2+, EqualizationPhase3+, LinkEqualizationRequest-
	Capabilities: [a0] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
		Address: 00000000fee00458  Data: 0000
	Capabilities: [100 v1] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0001 Rev=1 Len=010 <?>
	Capabilities: [150 v2] Advanced Error Reporting
		UESta:	DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
		UEMsk:	DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
		UESvrt:	DLP+ SDES+ TLP- FCP+ CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF+ MalfTLP+ ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
		CESta:	RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- NonFatalErr-
		CEMsk:	RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- NonFatalErr-
		AERCap:	First Error Pointer: 00, GenCap+ CGenEn- ChkCap+ ChkEn-
	Capabilities: [270 v1] #19
	Capabilities: [2b0 v1] Address Translation Service (ATS)
		ATSCap:	Invalidate Queue Depth: 00
		ATSCtl:	Enable-, Smallest Translation Unit: 00
	Capabilities: [2c0 v1] #13
	Capabilities: [2d0 v1] #1b
	Kernel driver in use: vfio-pci
	Kernel modules: radeon

01:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device aac8
	Subsystem: PC Partner Limited / Sapphire Technology Device aac8
	Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 17
	Region 0: Memory at f0860000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
	Capabilities: [48] Vendor Specific Information: Len=08 <?>
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
	Capabilities: [58] Express (v2) Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 256 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <4us, L1 unlimited
			ExtTag+ AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset-
			RlxdOrd- ExtTag+ PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+
			MaxPayload 256 bytes, MaxReadReq 512 bytes
		DevSta:	CorrErr+ UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq+ AuxPwr- TransPend-
		LnkCap:	Port #0, Speed 8GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <64ns, L1 <1us
		LnkSta:	Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
		DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Not Supported, TimeoutDis-, LTR-, OBFF Not Supported
	Capabilities: [a0] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
		Address: 0000000000000000  Data: 0000
	Capabilities: [100 v1] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0001 Rev=1 Len=010 <?>
	Capabilities: [150 v2] Advanced Error Reporting
		UESta:	DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
		UEMsk:	DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
		UESvrt:	DLP+ SDES+ TLP- FCP+ CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF+ MalfTLP+ ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
		CESta:	RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- NonFatalErr+
		CEMsk:	RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- NonFatalErr+

03:00.0 PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1083/1085 PCIe to PCI Bridge (rev 03) (prog-if 01 [Subtractive decode])
	Bus: primary=03, secondary=04, subordinate=04, sec-latency=32
	I/O behind bridge: 0000d000-0000dfff
	Memory behind bridge: f1300000-f13fffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz+ FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
	Capabilities: [c0] Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 8489

04:02.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6306/7/8 [Fire II(M)] IEEE 1394 OHCI Controller (rev c0) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
	Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 82eb
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Latency: 32 (8000ns max), Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 19
	Region 0: Memory at f1300000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
	Region 1: I/O ports at d000 [size=128]
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold+)
	Kernel driver in use: firewire_ohci
	Kernel modules: firewire_ohci

05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
	Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 8557
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 18
	Region 0: Memory at f1200000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
	Region 2: I/O ports at c000 [size=32]
	Region 3: Memory at f1280000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
	Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
	Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable+ 64bit+
		Masking: 00000000  Pending: 00000000
	Capabilities: [70] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=5 Masked-
		Vector table: BAR=3 offset=00000000
		PBA: BAR=3 offset=00002000
	Capabilities: [a0] Express (v2) Endpoint, MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 512 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <512ns, L1 <64us
			ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset+
		DevCtl:	Report errors: Correctable+ Non-Fatal+ Fatal+ Unsupported+
			RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+ FLReset-
			MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 512 bytes
		LnkCap:	Port #0, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <2us, L1 <16us
		DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range ABCD, TimeoutDis+, LTR-, OBFF Not Supported
		LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 2.5GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-
		LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -6dB, EqualizationComplete-, EqualizationPhase1-
	Capabilities: [100 v2] Advanced Error Reporting
	Capabilities: [140 v1] Device Serial Number 74-d0-2b-ff-ff-97-9d-0c
	Capabilities: [1a0 v1] Transaction Processing Hints
		Device specific mode supported
		Steering table in TPH capability structure
	Kernel driver in use: igb
	Kernel modules: igb

06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
	Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 8557
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 21
	Region 0: Memory at f1100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
	Region 2: I/O ports at b000 [size=32]
	Region 3: Memory at f1180000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
	Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
	Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable+ 64bit+
		Masking: 00000000  Pending: 00000000
	Capabilities: [70] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=5 Masked-
		Vector table: BAR=3 offset=00000000
		PBA: BAR=3 offset=00002000
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 512 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <512ns, L1 <64us
			ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset+
		LnkCap:	Port #0, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <2us, L1 <16us
		DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range ABCD, TimeoutDis+, LTR-, OBFF Not Supported
		LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 2.5GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-
	Capabilities: [100 v2] Advanced Error Reporting
	Capabilities: [140 v1] Device Serial Number 74-d0-2b-ff-ff-97-9d-0d
	Capabilities: [1a0 v1] Transaction Processing Hints
		Device specific mode supported
		Steering table in TPH capability structure
	Kernel driver in use: igb
	Kernel modules: igb

07:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] (rev 03)
	Subsystem: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic Device 3020
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 16
	Region 0: I/O ports at a000 [size=256]
	Region 1: Memory at cfa40000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
	Region 3: Memory at cf600000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
	Expansion ROM at cfb00000 [disabled] [size=512K]
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
	Capabilities: [68] Express (v2) Endpoint, MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 4096 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <64ns, L1 <1us
			ExtTag+ AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset+
		DevSta:	CorrErr+ UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq+ AuxPwr- TransPend-
		LnkCap:	Port #0, Speed 5GT/s, Width x8, ASPM L0s, Latency L0 <64ns, L1 <1us
		LnkSta:	Speed 5GT/s, Width x4, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
		DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range BC, TimeoutDis+, LTR-, OBFF Not Supported
	Capabilities: [d0] Vital Product Data
		Unknown small resource type 00, will not decode more.
	Capabilities: [a8] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
	Capabilities: [c0] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=15 Masked-
		Vector table: BAR=1 offset=00002000
		PBA: BAR=1 offset=00003800
	Capabilities: [100 v1] Advanced Error Reporting
		CESta:	RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- NonFatalErr+
	Capabilities: [138 v1] Power Budgeting <?>
	Capabilities: [150 v1] Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV)
		IOVCap:	Migration-, Interrupt Message Number: 000
		IOVCtl:	Enable- Migration- Interrupt- MSE- ARIHierarchy-
		IOVSta:	Migration-
		Initial VFs: 16, Total VFs: 16, Number of VFs: 0, Function Dependency Link: 00
		VF offset: 1, stride: 1, Device ID: 0072
		Supported Page Size: 00000553, System Page Size: 00000001
		Region 0: Memory at 00000000cfa44000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
		Region 2: Memory at 00000000cf640000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
		VF Migration: offset: 00000000, BIR: 0
	Capabilities: [190 v1] Alternative Routing-ID Interpretation (ARI)
		ARICap:	MFVC- ACS-, Next Function: 0
		ARICtl:	MFVC- ACS-, Function Group: 0
	Kernel driver in use: mpt2sas
	Kernel modules: mpt2sas

info mtree and pci

INFO MTREE:
memory
0000000000000000-ffffffffffffffff (prio 0, RW): system
  0000000000000000-00000000afffffff (prio 0, RW): alias ram-below-4g @pc.ram 0000000000000000-00000000afffffff
  0000000000000000-ffffffffffffffff (prio -1, RW): pci
    00000000000a0000-00000000000bffff (prio 1, RW): alias pci_bridge_vga_mem @pci_bridge_pci 00000000000a0000-00000000000bffff
    00000000000c0000-00000000000dffff (prio 1, RW): pc.rom
    00000000000e0000-00000000000fffff (prio 1, R-): alias isa-bios @pc.bios 0000000000000000-000000000001ffff
    00000000d0000000-00000000efffffff (prio 1, RW): alias pci_bridge_pref_mem @pci_bridge_pci 00000000d0000000-00000000efffffff
    00000000f0000000-00000000f0000000 (prio 1, RW): alias pci_bridge_pref_mem @pci_bridge_pci 00000000f0000000-00000000f0000000
    00000000fe400000-00000000fe7fffff (prio 1, RW): alias pci_bridge_mem @pci_bridge_pci 00000000fe400000-00000000fe7fffff
    00000000fe800000-00000000fe9fffff (prio 1, RW): alias pci_bridge_mem @pci_bridge_pci 00000000fe800000-00000000fe9fffff
    00000000fea00000-00000000fea03fff (prio 1, RW): VFIO 0000:01:00.1 BAR 0
      00000000fea00000-00000000fea03fff (prio 0, RW): VFIO 0000:01:00.1 BAR 0 mmap
    00000000fea04000-00000000fea04fff (prio 1, RW): ahci
    00000000fffe0000-00000000ffffffff (prio 0, R-): pc.bios
  00000000000a0000-00000000000bffff (prio 1, RW): alias smram-region @pci 00000000000a0000-00000000000bffff
  00000000000c0000-00000000000c3fff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000c0000-00000000000c3fff
  00000000000c4000-00000000000c7fff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000c4000-00000000000c7fff
  00000000000c8000-00000000000cbfff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000c8000-00000000000cbfff
  00000000000cc000-00000000000cffff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000cc000-00000000000cffff
  00000000000d0000-00000000000d3fff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000d0000-00000000000d3fff
  00000000000d1000-00000000000d3fff (prio 1000, RW): alias kvmvapic-rom @pc.ram 00000000000d1000-00000000000d3fff
  00000000000d4000-00000000000d7fff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000d4000-00000000000d7fff
  00000000000d8000-00000000000dbfff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000d8000-00000000000dbfff
  00000000000dc000-00000000000dffff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000dc000-00000000000dffff
  00000000000e0000-00000000000e3fff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000e0000-00000000000e3fff
  00000000000e4000-00000000000e7fff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000e4000-00000000000e7fff
  00000000000e8000-00000000000ebfff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000e8000-00000000000ebfff
  00000000000ec000-00000000000effff (prio 1, RW): alias pam-ram @pc.ram 00000000000ec000-00000000000effff
  00000000000f0000-00000000000fffff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000f0000-00000000000fffff
  00000000b0000000-00000000bfffffff (prio 0, RW): pcie-mmcfg
  00000000fec00000-00000000fec00fff (prio 0, RW): kvm-ioapic
  00000000fee00000-00000000feefffff (prio 4096, RW): icc-apic-container
    00000000fee00000-00000000feefffff (prio 0, RW): kvm-apic-msi
  0000000100000000-000000064fffffff (prio 0, RW): alias ram-above-4g @pc.ram 00000000b0000000-00000005ffffffff
I/O
0000000000000000-000000000000ffff (prio 0, RW): io
  0000000000000000-0000000000000007 (prio 0, RW): dma-chan
  0000000000000008-000000000000000f (prio 0, RW): dma-cont
  0000000000000020-0000000000000021 (prio 0, RW): kvm-pic
  0000000000000040-0000000000000043 (prio 0, RW): kvm-pit
  0000000000000060-0000000000000060 (prio 0, RW): i8042-data
  0000000000000061-0000000000000061 (prio 0, RW): elcr
  0000000000000064-0000000000000064 (prio 0, RW): i8042-cmd
  0000000000000070-0000000000000071 (prio 0, RW): rtc
  000000000000007e-000000000000007f (prio 0, RW): kvmvapic
  0000000000000080-0000000000000080 (prio 0, RW): ioport80
  0000000000000081-0000000000000083 (prio 0, RW): dma-page
  0000000000000087-0000000000000087 (prio 0, RW): dma-page
  0000000000000089-000000000000008b (prio 0, RW): dma-page
  000000000000008f-000000000000008f (prio 0, RW): dma-page
  0000000000000092-0000000000000092 (prio 0, RW): port92
  00000000000000a0-00000000000000a1 (prio 0, RW): kvm-pic
  00000000000000b2-00000000000000b3 (prio 0, RW): apm-io
  00000000000000c0-00000000000000cf (prio 0, RW): dma-chan
  00000000000000d0-00000000000000df (prio 0, RW): dma-cont
  00000000000000f0-00000000000000f0 (prio 0, RW): ioportF0
  00000000000003b0-00000000000003bb (prio 1, RW): alias pci_bridge_vga_io_lo @pci_bridge_io 00000000000003b0-00000000000003bb
  00000000000003c0-00000000000003df (prio 1, RW): alias pci_bridge_vga_io_hi @pci_bridge_io 00000000000003c0-00000000000003df
  00000000000003f1-00000000000003f5 (prio 0, RW): fdc
  00000000000003f7-00000000000003f7 (prio 0, RW): fdc
  00000000000004d0-00000000000004d0 (prio 0, RW): kvm-elcr
  00000000000004d1-00000000000004d1 (prio 0, RW): kvm-elcr
  0000000000000510-0000000000000511 (prio 0, RW): fwcfg
  0000000000000cf8-0000000000000cfb (prio 0, RW): pci-conf-idx
  0000000000000cf9-0000000000000cf9 (prio 1, RW): lpc-reset-control
  0000000000000cfc-0000000000000cff (prio 0, RW): pci-conf-data
  0000000000005658-0000000000005658 (prio 0, RW): vmport
  000000000000b000-000000000000b07f (prio 0, RW): ich9-pm
    000000000000b000-000000000000b003 (prio 0, RW): acpi-evt
    000000000000b004-000000000000b005 (prio 0, RW): acpi-cnt
    000000000000b008-000000000000b00b (prio 0, RW): acpi-tmr
    000000000000b020-000000000000b02f (prio 0, RW): apci-gpe0
    000000000000b030-000000000000b037 (prio 0, RW): apci-smi
  000000000000b100-000000000000b13f (prio 1, RW): pm-smbus
  000000000000c000-000000000000cfff (prio 1, RW): alias pci_bridge_io @pci_bridge_io 000000000000c000-000000000000cfff
  000000000000d000-000000000000dfff (prio 1, RW): alias pci_bridge_io @pci_bridge_io 000000000000d000-000000000000dfff
  000000000000e040-000000000000e05f (prio 1, RW): ahci-idp
mch
ICH9 LPC
ich9-ahci
0000000000000000-ffffffffffffffff (prio 0, RW): alias bus master @system 0000000000000000-ffffffffffffffff
ICH9 SMB
i82801b11-bridge
pci-bridge
ich9-usb-ehci1
0000000000000000-ffffffffffffffff (prio 0, RW): alias bus master @system 0000000000000000-ffffffffffffffff
ich9-usb-uhci1
ich9-usb-uhci2
ich9-usb-uhci3
virtio-blk-pci
virtio-net-pci
virtio-balloon-pci
ioh3420
vfio-pci
vfio-pci
aliases
pc.ram
0000000000000000-00000005ffffffff (prio 0, RW): pc.ram
pci_bridge_pci
0000000000000000-ffffffffffffffff (prio 0, RW): pci_bridge_pci
  00000000000a0000-00000000000bffff (prio 1, RW): vfio-vga-mmio@0xa0000
  00000000d0000000-00000000dfffffff (prio 1, RW): VFIO 0000:01:00.0 BAR 0
    00000000d0000000-00000000dfffffff (prio 0, RW): VFIO 0000:01:00.0 BAR 0 mmap
  00000000e0000000-00000000e07fffff (prio 1, RW): VFIO 0000:01:00.0 BAR 2
    00000000e0000000-00000000e07fffff (prio 0, RW): VFIO 0000:01:00.0 BAR 2 mmap
    00000000e0004000-00000000e0004fff (prio 1, RW): vfio-ati-bar2-4000-quirk
  00000000fe800000-00000000fe83ffff (prio 1, RW): VFIO 0000:01:00.0 BAR 5
    00000000fe800000-00000000fe83ffff (prio 0, RW): VFIO 0000:01:00.0 BAR 5 mmap
pc.bios
pci_bridge_pci
  00000000f0000000-00000000f0000000 (prio 1, RW): alias pci_bridge_pref_mem @pci_bridge_pci 00000000f0000000-00000000f0000000
  00000000fe400000-00000000fe5fffff (prio 1, RW): alias pci_bridge_mem @pci_bridge_pci 00000000fe400000-00000000fe5fffff
  00000000fe600000-00000000fe6000ff (prio 1, RW): shpc-bar
    00000000fe600000-00000000fe60009f (prio 0, RW): shpc-mmio
pci
  00000000000a0000-00000000000bffff (prio 1, RW): alias pci_bridge_vga_mem @pci_bridge_pci 00000000000a0000-00000000000bffff
  00000000000e0000-00000000000fffff (prio 1, R-): alias isa-bios @pc.bios 0000000000000000-000000000001ffff
  00000000d0000000-00000000efffffff (prio 1, RW): alias pci_bridge_pref_mem @pci_bridge_pci 00000000d0000000-00000000efffffff
  00000000fe400000-00000000fe7fffff (prio 1, RW): alias pci_bridge_mem @pci_bridge_pci 00000000fe400000-00000000fe7fffff
  00000000fe800000-00000000fe9fffff (prio 1, RW): alias pci_bridge_mem @pci_bridge_pci 00000000fe800000-00000000fe9fffff
pci_bridge_io
0000000000000000-000000000000ffff (prio 0, RW): pci_bridge_io
  00000000000003b0-00000000000003bb (prio 1, RW): vfio-vga-io@0x3b0
  00000000000003c0-00000000000003df (prio 1, RW): vfio-vga-io@0x3c0
    00000000000003c3-00000000000003c3 (prio 0, RW): vfio-ati-3c3-quirk
  000000000000d000-000000000000d0ff (prio 1, RW): VFIO 0000:01:00.0 BAR 4
    000000000000d000-000000000000d007 (prio 1, RW): vfio-ati-bar4-window-quirk
    000000000000d000-000000000000d000 (prio 0, RW): VFIO 0000:01:00.0 BAR 4 mmap
pci_bridge_io
  000000000000c000-000000000000cfff (prio 1, RW): alias pci_bridge_io @pci_bridge_io 000000000000c000-000000000000cfff
system
0000000000000000-ffffffffffffffff (prio 0, RW): system
  0000000000000000-00000000afffffff (prio 0, RW): alias ram-below-4g @pc.ram 0000000000000000-00000000afffffff
  00000000000a0000-00000000000bffff (prio 1, RW): alias smram-region @pci 00000000000a0000-00000000000bffff
  00000000000c0000-00000000000c3fff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000c0000-00000000000c3fff
  00000000000c4000-00000000000c7fff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000c4000-00000000000c7fff
  00000000000c8000-00000000000cbfff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000c8000-00000000000cbfff
  00000000000cc000-00000000000cffff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000cc000-00000000000cffff
  00000000000d0000-00000000000d3fff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000d0000-00000000000d3fff
  00000000000d1000-00000000000d3fff (prio 1000, RW): alias kvmvapic-rom @pc.ram 00000000000d1000-00000000000d3fff
  00000000000d4000-00000000000d7fff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000d4000-00000000000d7fff
  00000000000d8000-00000000000dbfff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000d8000-00000000000dbfff
  00000000000dc000-00000000000dffff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000dc000-00000000000dffff
  00000000000e0000-00000000000e3fff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000e0000-00000000000e3fff
  00000000000e4000-00000000000e7fff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000e4000-00000000000e7fff
  00000000000e8000-00000000000ebfff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000e8000-00000000000ebfff
  00000000000ec000-00000000000effff (prio 1, RW): alias pam-ram @pc.ram 00000000000ec000-00000000000effff
  00000000000f0000-00000000000fffff (prio 1, R-): alias pam-rom @pc.ram 00000000000f0000-00000000000fffff
  00000000b0000000-00000000bfffffff (prio 0, RW): pcie-mmcfg
  00000000fec00000-00000000fec00fff (prio 0, RW): kvm-ioapic
  00000000fee00000-00000000feefffff (prio 4096, RW): icc-apic-container
    00000000fee00000-00000000feefffff (prio 0, RW): kvm-apic-msi
  0000000100000000-000000064fffffff (prio 0, RW): alias ram-above-4g @pc.ram 00000000b0000000-00000005ffffffff
pci_bridge_pci
  00000000fe440000-00000000fe440fff (prio 1, RW): virtio-net-pci-msix
    00000000fe440000-00000000fe44002f (prio 0, RW): msix-table
    00000000fe440800-00000000fe440807 (prio 0, RW): msix-pba
  00000000fe441000-00000000fe441fff (prio 1, RW): ehci
    00000000fe441000-00000000fe44100f (prio 0, RW): capabilities
    00000000fe441020-00000000fe441063 (prio 0, RW): operational
    00000000fe441064-00000000fe44107b (prio 0, RW): ports
  00000000fe442000-00000000fe442fff (prio 1, RW): virtio-blk-pci-msix
    00000000fe442000-00000000fe44201f (prio 0, RW): msix-table
    00000000fe442800-00000000fe442807 (prio 0, RW): msix-pba
pci_bridge_io
  000000000000c000-000000000000c03f (prio 1, RW): virtio-pci
  000000000000c040-000000000000c05f (prio 1, RW): virtio-pci
  000000000000c060-000000000000c07f (prio 1, RW): uhci
  000000000000c080-000000000000c09f (prio 1, RW): uhci
  000000000000c0a0-000000000000c0bf (prio 1, RW): uhci
  000000000000c0c0-000000000000c0df (prio 1, RW): virtio-pci

INFO PCI:
  Bus  0, device   0, function 0:
    Host bridge: PCI device 8086:29c0
      id ""
  Bus  0, device   1, function 0:
    Audio controller: PCI device 1002:aac8
      IRQ 11.
      BAR0: 64 bit memory at 0xfea00000 [0xfea03fff].
      id ""
  Bus  0, device  28, function 0:
    PCI bridge: PCI device 8086:3420
      BUS 0.
      secondary bus 1.
      subordinate bus 1.
      IO range [0xd000, 0xdfff]
      memory range [0xfe800000, 0xfe9fffff]
      prefetchable memory range [0xd0000000, 0xefffffff]
      id "root"
  Bus  1, device   0, function 0:
    VGA controller: PCI device 1002:67b0
      IRQ 10.
      BAR0: 64 bit prefetchable memory at 0xd0000000 [0xdfffffff].
      BAR2: 64 bit prefetchable memory at 0xe0000000 [0xe07fffff].
      BAR4: I/O at 0xd000 [0xd0ff].
      BAR5: 32 bit memory at 0xfe800000 [0xfe83ffff].
      BAR6: 32 bit memory at 0xffffffffffffffff [0x0001fffe].
      id ""
  Bus  0, device  30, function 0:
    PCI bridge: PCI device 8086:244e
      BUS 0.
      secondary bus 2.
      subordinate bus 3.
      IO range [0xc000, 0xcfff]
      memory range [0xfe400000, 0xfe7fffff]
      prefetchable memory range [0xf0000000, 0xefffffff]
      id "pci.1"
  Bus  2, device   1, function 0:
    PCI bridge: PCI device 1b36:0001
      IRQ 10.
      BUS 2.
      secondary bus 3.
      subordinate bus 3.
      IO range [0xc000, 0xcfff]
      memory range [0xfe400000, 0xfe5fffff]
      prefetchable memory range [0xf0000000, 0xefffffff]
      BAR0: 64 bit memory at 0xfe600000 [0xfe6000ff].
      id "pci.2"
  Bus  3, device   1, function 0:
    Ethernet controller: PCI device 1af4:1000
      IRQ 11.
      BAR0: I/O at 0xc040 [0xc05f].
      BAR1: 32 bit memory at 0xfe440000 [0xfe440fff].
      BAR6: 32 bit memory at 0xffffffffffffffff [0x0003fffe].
      id "net0"
  Bus  3, device   2, function 0:
    USB controller: PCI device 8086:2934
      IRQ 11.
      BAR4: I/O at 0xc060 [0xc07f].
      id ""
  Bus  3, device   2, function 1:
    USB controller: PCI device 8086:2935
      IRQ 10.
      BAR4: I/O at 0xc080 [0xc09f].
      id ""
  Bus  3, device   2, function 2:
    USB controller: PCI device 8086:2936
      IRQ 10.
      BAR4: I/O at 0xc0a0 [0xc0bf].
      id ""
  Bus  3, device   2, function 7:
    USB controller: PCI device 8086:293a
      IRQ 11.
      BAR0: 32 bit memory at 0xfe441000 [0xfe441fff].
      id "usb"
  Bus  3, device   3, function 0:
    SCSI controller: PCI device 1af4:1001
      IRQ 10.
      BAR0: I/O at 0xc000 [0xc03f].
      BAR1: 32 bit memory at 0xfe442000 [0xfe442fff].
      id "virtio-disk0"
  Bus  3, device   4, function 0:
    Class 0255: PCI device 1af4:1002
      IRQ 10.
      BAR0: I/O at 0xc0c0 [0xc0df].
      id "balloon0"
  Bus  0, device  31, function 0:
    ISA bridge: PCI device 8086:2918
      id ""
  Bus  0, device  31, function 2:
    SATA controller: PCI device 8086:2922
      IRQ 10.
      BAR4: I/O at 0xe040 [0xe05f].
      BAR5: 32 bit memory at 0xfea04000 [0xfea04fff].
      id ""
  Bus  0, device  31, function 3:
    SMBus: PCI device 8086:2930
      IRQ 10.
      BAR4: I/O at 0xb100 [0xb13f].
      id ""

Sorry for the big dump. I don't see anything out of the ordinary, unless I'm being blind? I'm going to try and see if I can get the card to run in native Linux with the opensource drivers.

#1262 2014-03-02 23:25:15

DanaGoyette

For the moment, I'm actually giving up on using VT-d, and have switched to Windows as the host and Linux as a storage-only guest.  I'm tired of all those assertion failures and the need to suspend and resume the host for the guest to start.

Incidentally, before Borderlands patch, the VM gave a mere 25% of the bare-hardware performance (30FPS vs 120FPS). I haven't tried with the patches.

As for rendering to a window on the host, you'd essentially need something like Lucid Virtu MVP, with the emulated Cirrus card as the output device, rather than an Intel card.
On my system, the "Star Swarm" mantle demo can use the Radeon for rendering, while displaying the output on the Intel GPU.  Who knows... maybe you can do the same with the Cirrus!

For switching between host and guest, I'd actually recommend using a KVM switch, and passing through an actual USB controller.  I tried passing through a hub instead, but the only thing that got forwarded was the hub itself.

#1263 2014-03-02 23:32:34

MacCoaster

MacCoaster wrote:

I'm going to try and see if I can get the card to run in native Linux with the opensource drivers.

Well, crap:

[ 1902.089496] [drm] radeon kernel modesetting enabled.
[ 1902.089542] radeon 0000:01:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0003)
[ 1902.089732] [drm] initializing kernel modesetting (HAWAII 0x1002:0x67B0 0x174B:0xE285).
[ 1902.089760] [drm] register mmio base: 0xF0800000
[ 1902.089761] [drm] register mmio size: 262144
[ 1902.089769] [drm] doorbell mmio base: 0xF0000000
[ 1902.089769] [drm] doorbell mmio size: 8388608
[ 1902.566774] ATOM BIOS: C67101
[ 1902.566789] [drm] GPU not posted. posting now...
[ 1902.587575] radeon 0000:01:00.0: VRAM: 4096M 0x0000000000000000 - 0x00000000FFFFFFFF (4096M used)
[ 1902.587576] radeon 0000:01:00.0: GTT: 1024M 0x0000000100000000 - 0x000000013FFFFFFF
[ 1902.587577] [drm] Detected VRAM RAM=4096M, BAR=256M
[ 1902.587578] [drm] RAM width 512bits DDR
[ 1902.587701] [TTM] Zone  kernel: Available graphics memory: 16461126 kiB
[ 1902.587714] [TTM] Zone   dma32: Available graphics memory: 2097152 kiB
[ 1902.587714] [TTM] Initializing pool allocator
[ 1902.587717] [TTM] Initializing DMA pool allocator
[ 1902.587726] [drm] radeon: 4096M of VRAM memory ready
[ 1902.587726] [drm] radeon: 1024M of GTT memory ready.
[ 1902.587948] [drm] GART: num cpu pages 262144, num gpu pages 262144
[ 1902.588381] [drm] probing gen 2 caps for device 8086:c01 = 261ad03/e
[ 1902.588383] [drm] PCIE gen 3 link speeds already enabled
[ 1902.589539] [drm] Loading HAWAII Microcode
[ 1902.590805] [drm] PCIE GART of 1024M enabled (table at 0x0000000000277000).
[ 1902.590897] radeon 0000:01:00.0: WB enabled
[ 1902.590906] radeon 0000:01:00.0: fence driver on ring 0 use gpu addr 0x0000000100000c00 and cpu addr 0xffff8807e9679c00
[ 1902.590907] radeon 0000:01:00.0: fence driver on ring 1 use gpu addr 0x0000000100000c04 and cpu addr 0xffff8807e9679c04
[ 1902.590908] radeon 0000:01:00.0: fence driver on ring 2 use gpu addr 0x0000000100000c08 and cpu addr 0xffff8807e9679c08
[ 1902.590908] radeon 0000:01:00.0: fence driver on ring 3 use gpu addr 0x0000000100000c0c and cpu addr 0xffff8807e9679c0c
[ 1902.590909] radeon 0000:01:00.0: fence driver on ring 4 use gpu addr 0x0000000100000c10 and cpu addr 0xffff8807e9679c10
[ 1902.591283] radeon 0000:01:00.0: fence driver on ring 5 use gpu addr 0x0000000000076c98 and cpu addr 0xffffc90022836c98
[ 1902.591284] [drm] Supports vblank timestamp caching Rev 2 (21.10.2013).
[ 1902.591284] [drm] Driver supports precise vblank timestamp query.
[ 1902.591298] radeon 0000:01:00.0: irq 61 for MSI/MSI-X
[ 1902.591304] radeon 0000:01:00.0: radeon: using MSI.
[ 1902.591323] [drm] radeon: irq initialized.
[ 1902.593780] [drm] ring test on 0 succeeded in 4 usecs
[ 1902.593845] [drm] ring test on 1 succeeded in 3 usecs
[ 1902.593857] [drm] ring test on 2 succeeded in 3 usecs
[ 1902.594025] [drm] ring test on 3 succeeded in 2 usecs
[ 1902.594035] [drm] ring test on 4 succeeded in 2 usecs
[ 1902.650012] [drm] ring test on 5 succeeded in 2 usecs
[ 1902.670004] [drm] UVD initialized successfully.
[ 1902.671134] [drm] Enabling audio 0 support
[ 1902.671134] [drm] Enabling audio 1 support
[ 1902.671135] [drm] Enabling audio 2 support
[ 1902.671136] [drm] Enabling audio 3 support
[ 1902.671137] [drm] Enabling audio 4 support
[ 1902.671137] [drm] Enabling audio 5 support
[ 1902.671280] [drm] ib test on ring 0 succeeded in 0 usecs
[ 1902.671420] [drm] ib test on ring 1 succeeded in 0 usecs
[ 1902.671592] [drm] ib test on ring 2 succeeded in 0 usecs
[ 1902.671728] [drm] ib test on ring 3 succeeded in 0 usecs
[ 1902.671864] [drm] ib test on ring 4 succeeded in 1 usecs
[ 1902.692772] [drm] ib test on ring 5 succeeded
[ 1902.713505] [drm] Radeon Display Connectors
[ 1902.713507] [drm] Connector 0:
[ 1902.713508] [drm]   DP-2
[ 1902.713509] [drm]   HPD2
[ 1902.713511] [drm]   DDC: 0x6530 0x6530 0x6534 0x6534 0x6538 0x6538 0x653c 0x653c
[ 1902.713511] [drm]   Encoders:
[ 1902.713512] [drm]     DFP1: INTERNAL_UNIPHY2
[ 1902.713513] [drm] Connector 1:
[ 1902.713514] [drm]   HDMI-A-4
[ 1902.713515] [drm]   HPD3
[ 1902.713516] [drm]   DDC: 0x6550 0x6550 0x6554 0x6554 0x6558 0x6558 0x655c 0x655c
[ 1902.713517] [drm]   Encoders:
[ 1902.713518] [drm]     DFP2: INTERNAL_UNIPHY2
[ 1902.713519] [drm] Connector 2:
[ 1902.713520] [drm]   DVI-D-1
[ 1902.713521] [drm]   HPD1
[ 1902.713522] [drm]   DDC: 0x6560 0x6560 0x6564 0x6564 0x6568 0x6568 0x656c 0x656c
[ 1902.713523] [drm]   Encoders:
[ 1902.713524] [drm]     DFP3: INTERNAL_UNIPHY1
[ 1902.713525] [drm] Connector 3:
[ 1902.713526] [drm]   DVI-D-2
[ 1902.713526] [drm]   HPD6
[ 1902.713528] [drm]   DDC: 0x6580 0x6580 0x6584 0x6584 0x6588 0x6588 0x658c 0x658c
[ 1902.713529] [drm]   Encoders:
[ 1902.713529] [drm]     DFP4: INTERNAL_UNIPHY
[ 1902.713636] [drm] Internal thermal controller with fan control
[ 1902.713661] [drm] radeon: power management initialized
[ 1902.868919] [drm] fb mappable at 0xE1488000
[ 1902.868921] [drm] vram apper at 0xE0000000
[ 1902.868921] [drm] size 9216000
[ 1902.868922] [drm] fb depth is 24
[ 1902.868922] [drm]    pitch is 7680
[ 1902.868953] radeon 0000:01:00.0: fb1: radeondrmfb frame buffer device
[ 1902.868977] [drm] Initialized radeon 2.35.0 20080528 for 0000:01:00.0 on minor 1
[ 1907.863768] [drm] Disabling audio 0 support
[ 1907.863770] [drm] Disabling audio 1 support
[ 1907.863770] [drm] Disabling audio 2 support
[ 1907.863771] [drm] Disabling audio 3 support
[ 1907.863772] [drm] Disabling audio 4 support
[ 1907.863772] [drm] Disabling audio 5 support
[ 1907.874010] dmar: DRHD: handling fault status reg 3
[ 1907.889233] dmar: DMAR:[DMA Read] Request device [01:00.0] fault addr 100315000 
DMAR:[fault reason 06] PTE Read access is not set
[ 1917.918561] radeon 0000:01:00.0: GPU lockup CP stall for more than 10053msec
[ 1917.940335] radeon 0000:01:00.0: GPU lockup (waiting for 0x0000000000000002 last fence id 0x0000000000000001 on ring 3)
[ 1929.846660] [drm] probing gen 2 caps for device 8086:c01 = 261ad03/e
[ 1929.846663] [drm] PCIE gen 3 link speeds already enabled
[ 1929.847829] radeon 0000:01:00.0: ffff8807ee59c400 pin failed
[ 1929.869772] [drm:cik_resume] *ERROR* cik startup failed on resume
[ 1929.892186] dmar: DRHD: handling fault status reg 3
[ 1929.892207] [drm:cik_ib_test] *ERROR* radeon: fence wait failed (-35).
[ 1929.892208] [drm:radeon_ib_ring_tests] *ERROR* radeon: failed testing IB on ring 1 (-35).
[ 1929.892236] [drm:cik_ib_test] *ERROR* radeon: fence wait failed (-35).
[ 1929.892236] [drm:radeon_ib_ring_tests] *ERROR* radeon: failed testing IB on ring 2 (-35).
[ 1929.892275] [drm:cik_sdma_ib_test] *ERROR* radeon: fence wait failed (-35).
[ 1929.892275] [drm:radeon_ib_ring_tests] *ERROR* radeon: failed testing IB on ring 3 (-35).
[ 1929.892303] [drm:cik_sdma_ib_test] *ERROR* radeon: fence wait failed (-35).
[ 1929.892303] [drm:radeon_ib_ring_tests] *ERROR* radeon: failed testing IB on ring 4 (-35).
[ 1930.116523] dmar: DMAR:[DMA Read] Request device [01:00.0] fault addr 100115000 
DMAR:[fault reason 06] PTE Read access is not set
[ 1938.674784] radeon 0000:01:00.0: ffff8807ee59c400 unpin not necessary
[ 1966.369162] type=1006 audit(1393802873.962:6): pid=7164 uid=0 old auid=4294967295 new auid=0 old ses=4294967295 new ses=5 res=1

Edit: this seems to happen only if the Radeon isn't assigned as the primary video card (over the IGP). Once I told my motherboard's BIOS to set the PCI-E as the primary VGA, it seems to work fine natively. Going to see if I can translate this to a working VM again.

Edit 2: nope

[  256.508640] vfio-pci 0000:01:00.0: BAR 0: can't reserve [mem 0xe0000000-0xefffffff 64bit pref]

Last edited by MacCoaster (2014-03-03 00:15:08)

#1264 2014-03-03 02:15:39

MacCoaster

I'm able to get it to work again by using pci-assign, not vfio anymore.

WTF.

#1265 2014-03-03 03:18:31

aw
Website

MacCoaster wrote:

I'm able to get it to work again by using pci-assign, not vfio anymore.

WTF.

Your graphics card has Address Translation Services (ATS), aka a device IOMMU.  That usually doesn't cause problems, but since you're seeing stray addresses and since pci-assign works, what happens if you hide it, using something like this:

--- a/drivers/vfio/pci/vfio_pci_config.c
+++ b/drivers/vfio/pci/vfio_pci_config.c
@@ -89,7 +89,7 @@ static u16 pci_ext_cap_length[] = {
        [PCI_EXT_CAP_ID_CAC]    =       0,      /* obsolete */
        [PCI_EXT_CAP_ID_ACS]    =       0xFF,
        [PCI_EXT_CAP_ID_ARI]    =       PCI_EXT_CAP_ARI_SIZEOF,
-       [PCI_EXT_CAP_ID_ATS]    =       PCI_EXT_CAP_ATS_SIZEOF,
+       [PCI_EXT_CAP_ID_ATS]    =       0,
        [PCI_EXT_CAP_ID_SRIOV]  =       PCI_EXT_CAP_SRIOV_SIZEOF,
        [PCI_EXT_CAP_ID_MRIOV]  =       0,      /* not yet */
        [PCI_EXT_CAP_ID_MCAST]  =       PCI_EXT_CAP_MCAST_ENDPOINT_SIZEOF,

#1266 2014-03-03 05:06:17

MacCoaster

aw wrote:

Your graphics card has Address Translation Services (ATS), aka a device IOMMU.  That usually doesn't cause problems, but since you're seeing stray addresses and since pci-assign works, what happens if you hide it, using something like this: ...

First boot, VFIO works again. Rebooted the VM itself and seems to work fine, something it couldn't do reliably before. This one patch might be working well for the Radeon R9 290X. Anything else I should be testing?

Edit Spoke too soon. Looks like I can't reboot the VM reliably anymore. But real machine reboot seems to work fine and the Radeon keeps coming back up reliably in the VM.

Edit 2: the USB card I got (Renesas) still doesn't work. Code 10 in the VM, @333 (when it first boots) and @374 when I disable it and re-enable it in the VM using Device Manager.

[  333.211539] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.238128] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.238134] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.251441] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.251447] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.251450] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.264767] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.264772] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.264776] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.264780] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.278093] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.278098] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.278102] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.278106] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.278110] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 67 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.291419] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.291424] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.291428] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.291431] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.291435] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 67 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.291439] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 68 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.304754] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.304760] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.304764] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.304767] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.304771] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 67 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.304775] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 68 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.304778] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 69 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.318068] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.318073] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.318077] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.318081] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.318085] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 67 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.318088] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 68 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.318092] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 69 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.318096] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 70 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.563010] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.596290] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.596296] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.612944] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.612949] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.612953] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.629600] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.629606] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.629610] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.629613] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.646259] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.646264] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.646268] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.646272] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.646275] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 67 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.666245] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.666250] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.666254] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.666258] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.666261] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 67 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.666265] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 68 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.686231] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.686237] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.686240] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.686244] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.686248] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 67 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.686251] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 68 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.686255] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 69 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.702888] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.702893] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.702897] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.702901] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.702904] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 67 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.702908] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 68 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.702911] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 69 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.702915] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 70 for MSI/MSI-X

and the lspci -vv -s 3: output:

03:00.0 USB controller: Renesas Technology Corp. uPD720201 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 30 [XHCI])
	Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Region 0: Memory at f1400000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=8K]
	Capabilities: [70] MSI: Enable- Count=1/8 Maskable- 64bit+
	Capabilities: [90] MSI-X: Enable- Count=8 Masked-
		Vector table: BAR=0 offset=00001000
		PBA: BAR=0 offset=00001080
			ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset-
		DevCtl:	Report errors: Correctable+ Non-Fatal+ Fatal+ Unsupported-
		LnkCap:	Port #0, Speed 5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <4us, L1 unlimited
			ClockPM+ Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
		LnkCtl:	ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- CommClk+
		LnkSta:	Speed 5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
		DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Not Supported, TimeoutDis+, LTR+, OBFF Not Supported
		DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis-, LTR+, OBFF Disabled
		AERCap:	First Error Pointer: 00, GenCap- CGenEn- ChkCap- ChkEn-
	Capabilities: [150 v1] Latency Tolerance Reporting
		Max snoop latency: 0ns
		Max no snoop latency: 0ns

Anything I can do?

Last edited by MacCoaster (2014-03-03 05:53:26)

#1267 2014-03-03 08:26:05

mbirkis

For a long time i have had issues when trying to start the guest (win 8.1).

My problems where that the guest boot process would stop before it could finish, then it would hang there for a bit until the host qemu process stopped. In order to boot my guest i had to restart the host 1-2 times and it would work until next time i powered down my host. And then the reboot process had to be repeated.

I think i may have found a solution which i wanted to share in case other people was having this problem.

What i did was disable the "fast boot" option in the windows 8.1 guest, after that it has worked flawlessly for me (3 host reboots now).

#1268 2014-03-03 09:09:28

it9exm

Thanks, were just the commas to prevent IOMMU from being enabled.

I attached a 2nd hdd with a windows install and it boots! This is the command line i use

qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -M q35 -m 8192 -cpu host -smp 6,sockets=1,cores=6,threads=1 -bios /usr/share/qemu/bios.bin -vga none -device ioh3420,bus=pcie.0,addr=1c.0,multifunction=on,port=1,chassis=1,id=root.1 -device vfio-pci,host=01:00.0,bus=root.1,addr=00.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on -device ahci,bus=pcie.0,id=ahci -drive file=/dev/sdb,id=disk,cache=none,if=virtio -usb -usbdevice host:1532:001c -usbdevice host:0e6a:6001 -device ich9-intel-hda,bus=pcie.0,addr=1b.0,id=sound0 -device hda-duplex,id=sound0-codec0,bus=sound0.0,cad=0

The GPU just gets passed-through finely, but i'm sure there is something else to tweak.

#1269 2014-03-03 15:36:09

aw
Website

MacCoaster wrote:
aw wrote:

Your graphics card has Address Translation Services (ATS), aka a device IOMMU.  That usually doesn't cause problems, but since you're seeing stray addresses and since pci-assign works, what happens if you hide it, using something like this: ...

First boot, VFIO works again. Rebooted the VM itself and seems to work fine, something it couldn't do reliably before. This one patch might be working well for the Radeon R9 290X. Anything else I should be testing?

Edit Spoke too soon. Looks like I can't reboot the VM reliably anymore. But real machine reboot seems to work fine and the Radeon keeps coming back up reliably in the VM.

Have you tried this:

--- a/hw/misc/vfio.c
+++ b/hw/misc/vfio.c
@@ -3209,7 +3209,7 @@ static void vfio_pci_reset_handler(void *opaque)

QLIST_FOREACH(group, &group_list, next) {
         QLIST_FOREACH(vdev, &group->device_list, next) {
-            if (!vdev->reset_works || (!vdev->has_flr && vdev->has_pm_reset)) {
+            if (!vdev->reset_works || !vdev->has_flr) {
                 vdev->needs_reset = true;
             }
         }

Edit 2: the USB card I got (Renesas) still doesn't work. Code 10 in the VM, @333 (when it first boots) and @374 when I disable it and re-enable it in the VM using Device Manager.

[  333.211539] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.238128] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.238134] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.251441] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.251447] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.251450] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.264767] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.264772] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.264776] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.264780] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.278093] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.278098] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.278102] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.278106] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.278110] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 67 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.291419] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.291424] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.291428] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.291431] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.291435] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 67 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.291439] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 68 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.304754] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.304760] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.304764] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.304767] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.304771] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 67 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.304775] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 68 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.304778] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 69 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.318068] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.318073] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.318077] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.318081] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.318085] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 67 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.318088] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 68 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.318092] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 69 for MSI/MSI-X
[  333.318096] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 70 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.563010] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.596290] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.596296] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.612944] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.612949] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.612953] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.629600] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.629606] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.629610] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.629613] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.646259] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.646264] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.646268] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.646272] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.646275] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 67 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.666245] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.666250] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.666254] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.666258] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.666261] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 67 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.666265] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 68 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.686231] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.686237] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.686240] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.686244] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.686248] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 67 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.686251] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 68 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.686255] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 69 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.702888] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 63 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.702893] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 64 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.702897] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 65 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.702901] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 66 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.702904] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 67 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.702908] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 68 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.702911] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 69 for MSI/MSI-X
[  374.702915] vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0: irq 70 for MSI/MSI-X

Nothing unusual there, just an artifact of how interrupts are setup.

and the lspci -vv -s 3: output:

03:00.0 USB controller: Renesas Technology Corp. uPD720201 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 30 [XHCI])
	Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Region 0: Memory at f1400000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=8K]
	Capabilities: [70] MSI: Enable- Count=1/8 Maskable- 64bit+
	Capabilities: [90] MSI-X: Enable- Count=8 Masked-
		Vector table: BAR=0 offset=00001000
		PBA: BAR=0 offset=00001080
			ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset-
		DevCtl:	Report errors: Correctable+ Non-Fatal+ Fatal+ Unsupported-
		LnkCap:	Port #0, Speed 5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <4us, L1 unlimited
			ClockPM+ Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
		LnkCtl:	ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- CommClk+
		LnkSta:	Speed 5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
		DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Not Supported, TimeoutDis+, LTR+, OBFF Not Supported
		DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis-, LTR+, OBFF Disabled
		AERCap:	First Error Pointer: 00, GenCap- CGenEn- ChkCap- ChkEn-
	Capabilities: [150 v1] Latency Tolerance Reporting
		Max snoop latency: 0ns
		Max no snoop latency: 0ns

Anything I can do?

Dumb question, have you actually installed the driver for the device?  Coming from Linux I'm spoiled by adding a device and having it "just work".  Windows isn't that way and I forget that sometimes.  In fact, just last week I though there might be some problem assigning the XHCI controller from the B85 chipset to a Win7 guest, but it was just a matter of going to the Intel website and installing the driver.

#1270 2014-03-04 21:28:52

MacCoaster

aw wrote:

Have you tried this:

--- a/hw/misc/vfio.c
+++ b/hw/misc/vfio.c
@@ -3209,7 +3209,7 @@ static void vfio_pci_reset_handler(void *opaque)

QLIST_FOREACH(group, &group_list, next) {
         QLIST_FOREACH(vdev, &group->device_list, next) {
-            if (!vdev->reset_works || (!vdev->has_flr && vdev->has_pm_reset)) {
+            if (!vdev->reset_works || !vdev->has_flr) {
                 vdev->needs_reset = true;
             }
         }

I'll try this when I can.

aw wrote:

Dumb question, have you actually installed the driver for the device?  Coming from Linux I'm spoiled by adding a device and having it "just work".  Windows isn't that way and I forget that sometimes.  In fact, just last week I though there might be some problem assigning the XHCI controller from the B85 chipset to a Win7 guest, but it was just a matter of going to the Intel website and installing the driver.

Yep. Windows 8 has the driver which makes most if not all USB3 controllers work out of the box. I just tried a Windows native install and it seems like the USB3 card refuses to initialize there either (similarly to native Linux drivers), so I guess the card is bad. sad

#1271 2014-03-05 00:00:19

SpacePirate

I`ve got problems with my sound again - it just randomly stopped working....
On the Log I get these entries:

/etc/gdm/Xsession[915]: pulseaudio: pa_context_connect() failed
/etc/gdm/Xsession[915]: pulseaudio: Reason: Connection refused
/etc/gdm/Xsession[915]: pulseaudio: Failed to initialize PA contextaudio: Could not init `pa' 
/etc/gdm/Xsession[915]: pulseaudio: pa_context_connect() failed
/etc/gdm/Xsession[915]: pulseaudio: Reason: Connection refused
/etc/gdm/Xsession[915]: pulseaudio: Failed to initialize PA contextaudio: Could not init `pa' 
/etc/gdm/Xsession[915]: ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1022:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
/etc/gdm/Xsession[915]: alsa: Could not initialize DAC
/etc/gdm/Xsession[915]: alsa: Failed to open `default':
/etc/gdm/Xsession[915]: alsa: Reason: Device or resource busy
/etc/gdm/Xsession[915]: ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1022:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
/etc/gdm/Xsession[915]: alsa: Could not initialize DAC
/etc/gdm/Xsession[915]: alsa: Failed to open `default':
/etc/gdm/Xsession[915]: alsa: Reason: Device or resource busy
/etc/gdm/Xsession[915]: audio: Failed to create voice `dac'

I created a different VM with ubuntu where the sound worked. After I executed it as root it showed the same behaviour as the windows vm... Do you know what could be going wrong?

#1272 2014-03-05 04:27:35

alexis_evo

Using latest kernel/qemu from OP. Getting this error.

qemu-system-x86_64: hw/pci/pcie.c:240: pcie_cap_slot_hotplug_common: Assertion `((pci_dev->devfn) & 0x07) == 0' failed.

It boots fine after downgrading to qemu-git-2.0.r30691.g91abb80-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz.

Note that it errors when downgrading, because of the custom SeaBIOS file. I deleted /usr/share/qemu/bios.bin, downgraded, then reinstalled my SeaBIOS package.

Last edited by alexis_evo (2014-03-05 04:33:20)

#1273 2014-03-05 07:24:56

anickname

alexis_evo wrote:

Using latest kernel/qemu from OP. Getting this error.

qemu-system-x86_64: hw/pci/pcie.c:240: pcie_cap_slot_hotplug_common: Assertion `((pci_dev->devfn) & 0x07) == 0' failed.

It boots fine after downgrading to qemu-git-2.0.r30691.g91abb80-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz.

Note that it errors when downgrading, because of the custom SeaBIOS file. I deleted /usr/share/qemu/bios.bin, downgraded, then reinstalled my SeaBIOS package.

You need this fix for the assertion :

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu … 02774.html

Last edited by anickname (2014-03-05 07:25:12)

#1274 2014-03-05 11:48:37

Bronek

apoapo wrote:

I put in a second graphicscard and tested it again.
The good thing is. I had no problems to pass it to the VM... have seen the bios of the Card + seabios on the screen + Windows was booting (was booting to system repair, but I think that's because of other storage type)

The bad thing is, that both graphicscards are in the same iommu-group + 2 PCI-Controller 01.0 and 01.1. Think that is because my 2 PCIe Ports share share the 16 lanes, that are normally used by the first port.
So I think I will be abled to pass the card to the VM, but can't really use the primary card for Linux and I have to wait to get the Intel as Primary working ...

personally I would look to move primary (i.e. used by hardware own BIOS) graphics card to slot which does not share IOMMU group with the other one .... if that excludes all 16 lanes slots, there is at least one which will fit into X1 slot

#1275 2014-03-05 11:55:19

nbhs

Bronek wrote:
apoapo wrote:

I put in a second graphicscard and tested it again.
The good thing is. I had no problems to pass it to the VM... have seen the bios of the Card + seabios on the screen + Windows was booting (was booting to system repair, but I think that's because of other storage type)

The bad thing is, that both graphicscards are in the same iommu-group + 2 PCI-Controller 01.0 and 01.1. Think that is because my 2 PCIe Ports share share the 16 lanes, that are normally used by the first port.
So I think I will be abled to pass the card to the VM, but can't really use the primary card for Linux and I have to wait to get the Intel as Primary working ...

personally I would look to move primary (i.e. used by hardware own BIOS) graphics card to slot which does not share IOMMU group with the other one .... if that excludes all 16 lanes slots, there is at least one which will fit into X1 slot

RIght now im passing through my primary card (radeon 6950) what i did was, use pci-stub to bind it at boot and i disabled the efifb framebuffer with video=efifb:off on my grub cmdline

Board footer