You are not logged in.

#26 2013-07-12 23:15:53

WonderWoofy

Re: Advice on compiling kernel from git

Nope doesn't work... though the only thing I did was a "make localmodconfig" (from the linux-git PKGBUILD of course) and then tried to boot it a couple of times.  The only "debugging" I really did was to rebuild the initramfs... I didn't really try too hard.  Though I will say that this is actually the second git kernel in a row that I have tried that hasn't been able to boot.  The last one I compiled maybe four days ago.  I figured it was just something stoopid I managed to do and gave it no further thought.

#27 2013-07-13 00:40:12

cfr

Re: Advice on compiling kernel from git

Thanks, WonderWoofy. I am relieved that it does not then look like another me-specific bug wink. I don't fancy trying to troubleshoot two bits at once!

The developer sending me patches thought it was weird his latest effort didn't work so I checked and I couldn't boot with grub either. I've now gone back to a known-good revision and checked I can reproduce the bug differentially there. So now I'm trying his latest patch. (However weird, the previous patch didn't fix the issue - I can boot with the patched kernel with grub but not the stub loader.) At least that means the result I get now should be right. I am not sure how many times I've compiled the kernel tonight...

CLI Paste | How To Ask Questions

Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | refind | stub loader | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x270 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel Wireless 8265/8275 | US keyboard w/ Euro | 512G NVMe INTEL SSDPEKKF512G7L

Board footer