You are not logged in.

#1026 2016-01-29 21:16:23

k7paul
Member
Registered: 2016-01-28
Posts: 9

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

It doesn't work, unfortunately: xinput does not list it, nor is it in cat /proc/bus/input/devices

[paul@skywriter ~]$ xinput 
⎡ Virtual core pointer                          id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Logitech Lenovo USB Optical Mouse         id=11   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Atmel maXTouch Touchscreen                id=13   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard                         id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard               id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                              id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Video Bus                                 id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                              id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button                              id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button                              id=10   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ HD WebCam                                 id=12   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard              id=14   [slave  keyboard (3)]
[paul@skywriter ~]$ cat /proc/bus/input/devices 
I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0001 Product=0001 Version=ab83
N: Name="AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio0/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input0
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=sysrq kbd leds event0 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=120013
B: KEY=10000 c020000000000 0 0 700f02000003 3802078f870f401 febfffdfffefffff fffffffffffffffe
B: MSC=10
B: LED=7

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0005 Version=0000
N: Name="Lid Switch"
P: Phys=PNP0C0D/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0D:00/input/input1
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event1 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=1

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0001 Version=0000
N: Name="Power Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0C/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0C:00/input/input2
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event2 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=10000000000000 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0003 Version=0000
N: Name="Sleep Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0E/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0E:00/input/input3
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event3 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=4000 0 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0003 Version=0000
N: Name="Sleep Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0E/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0E:01/input/input4
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event4 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=4000 0 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0001 Version=0000
N: Name="Power Button"
P: Phys=LNXPWRBN/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXPWRBN:00/input/input5
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event5 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=10000000000000 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0006 Version=0000
N: Name="Video Bus"
P: Phys=LNXVIDEO/video/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A08:00/LNXVIDEO:00/input/input6
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event6 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=3e000b00000000 0 0 0

I: Bus=0010 Vendor=001f Product=0001 Version=0100
N: Name="PC Speaker"
P: Phys=isa0061/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/pcspkr/input/input7
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event7 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=40001
B: SND=6

I: Bus=0001 Vendor=10ec Product=0283 Version=0001
N: Name="HDA Digital PCBeep"
P: Phys=card1/codec#0/beep0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card1/input8
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event8 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=40001
B: SND=6

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel PCH Mic"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card1/input9
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event9 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=10

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel PCH Headphone"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card1/input10
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event10 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=4

I: Bus=0018 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="Atmel maXTouch Touchscreen"
P: Phys=i2c-1-004a/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:15.2/i2c-1/1-004a/input/input11
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event11 mouse0 
B: PROP=2
B: EV=b
B: KEY=400 0 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=661800001000003

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=17ef Product=6019 Version=0111
N: Name="Logitech Lenovo USB Optical Mouse"
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:14.0-2/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0/0003:17EF:6019.0001/input/input12
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event12 mouse1 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=17
B: KEY=70000 0 0 0 0
B: REL=103
B: MSC=10

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=1bcf Product=2c67 Version=0001
N: Name="HD WebCam"
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:14.0-3/button
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-3/1-3:1.0/input/input13
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event13 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=100000 0 0 0

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=3"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/sound/card0/input14
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event14 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=7"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/sound/card0/input15
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event15 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=8"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/sound/card0/input16
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event16 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

Offline

#1027 2016-01-29 22:46:58

Daviljoe193
Member
From: the boring old Fall River M.A
Registered: 2015-06-24
Posts: 36

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

k7paul wrote:

It doesn't work, unfortunately: xinput does not list it, nor is it in cat /proc/bus/input/devices

[paul@skywriter ~]$ xinput 
⎡ Virtual core pointer                          id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Logitech Lenovo USB Optical Mouse         id=11   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Atmel maXTouch Touchscreen                id=13   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard                         id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard               id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                              id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Video Bus                                 id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                              id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button                              id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button                              id=10   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ HD WebCam                                 id=12   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard              id=14   [slave  keyboard (3)]
[paul@skywriter ~]$ cat /proc/bus/input/devices 
I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0001 Product=0001 Version=ab83
N: Name="AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio0/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input0
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=sysrq kbd leds event0 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=120013
B: KEY=10000 c020000000000 0 0 700f02000003 3802078f870f401 febfffdfffefffff fffffffffffffffe
B: MSC=10
B: LED=7

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0005 Version=0000
N: Name="Lid Switch"
P: Phys=PNP0C0D/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0D:00/input/input1
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event1 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=1

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0001 Version=0000
N: Name="Power Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0C/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0C:00/input/input2
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event2 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=10000000000000 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0003 Version=0000
N: Name="Sleep Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0E/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0E:00/input/input3
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event3 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=4000 0 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0003 Version=0000
N: Name="Sleep Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0E/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0E:01/input/input4
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event4 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=4000 0 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0001 Version=0000
N: Name="Power Button"
P: Phys=LNXPWRBN/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXPWRBN:00/input/input5
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event5 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=10000000000000 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0006 Version=0000
N: Name="Video Bus"
P: Phys=LNXVIDEO/video/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A08:00/LNXVIDEO:00/input/input6
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event6 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=3e000b00000000 0 0 0

I: Bus=0010 Vendor=001f Product=0001 Version=0100
N: Name="PC Speaker"
P: Phys=isa0061/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/pcspkr/input/input7
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event7 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=40001
B: SND=6

I: Bus=0001 Vendor=10ec Product=0283 Version=0001
N: Name="HDA Digital PCBeep"
P: Phys=card1/codec#0/beep0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card1/input8
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event8 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=40001
B: SND=6

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel PCH Mic"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card1/input9
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event9 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=10

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel PCH Headphone"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card1/input10
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event10 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=4

I: Bus=0018 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="Atmel maXTouch Touchscreen"
P: Phys=i2c-1-004a/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:15.2/i2c-1/1-004a/input/input11
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event11 mouse0 
B: PROP=2
B: EV=b
B: KEY=400 0 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=661800001000003

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=17ef Product=6019 Version=0111
N: Name="Logitech Lenovo USB Optical Mouse"
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:14.0-2/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0/0003:17EF:6019.0001/input/input12
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event12 mouse1 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=17
B: KEY=70000 0 0 0 0
B: REL=103
B: MSC=10

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=1bcf Product=2c67 Version=0001
N: Name="HD WebCam"
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:14.0-3/button
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-3/1-3:1.0/input/input13
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event13 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=100000 0 0 0

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=3"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/sound/card0/input14
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event14 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=7"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/sound/card0/input15
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event15 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=8"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/sound/card0/input16
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event16 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

That's weird, I have the same Chromebook (Same CPU too.), and the touchpad just works.

[daviljoe193@localhost ~]$ xinput
⎡ Virtual core pointer                    	id=2	[master pointer  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer              	id=4	[slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Atmel maXTouch Touchscreen              	id=12	[slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Cypress APA Trackpad (cyapa)            	id=13	[slave  pointer  (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard                   	id=3	[master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard             	id=5	[slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                            	id=6	[slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Video Bus                               	id=7	[slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                            	id=8	[slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button                            	id=9	[slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button                            	id=10	[slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard            	id=14	[slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ HD WebCam                               	id=11	[slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ 00:25:DB:1A:BF:B7                       	id=15	[slave  keyboard (3)]
[daviljoe193@localhost ~]$ cat /proc/bus/input/devices
I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0001 Product=0001 Version=ab83
N: Name="AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio0/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input0
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=sysrq kbd leds event0 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=120013
B: KEY=402000000 3803078f800d001 feffffdfffefffff fffffffffffffffe
B: MSC=10
B: LED=7

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0005 Version=0000
N: Name="Lid Switch"
P: Phys=PNP0C0D/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0D:00/input/input1
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event1 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=1

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0001 Version=0000
N: Name="Power Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0C/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0C:00/input/input2
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event2 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=10000000000000 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0003 Version=0000
N: Name="Sleep Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0E/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0E:00/input/input3
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event3 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=4000 0 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0003 Version=0000
N: Name="Sleep Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0E/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0E:01/input/input4
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event4 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=4000 0 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0001 Version=0000
N: Name="Power Button"
P: Phys=LNXPWRBN/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXPWRBN:00/input/input5
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event5 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=10000000000000 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0006 Version=0000
N: Name="Video Bus"
P: Phys=LNXVIDEO/video/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A08:00/LNXVIDEO:00/input/input6
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event6 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=3e000b00000000 0 0 0

I: Bus=0010 Vendor=001f Product=0001 Version=0100
N: Name="PC Speaker"
P: Phys=isa0061/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/pcspkr/input/input8
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event7 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=40001
B: SND=6

I: Bus=0001 Vendor=10ec Product=0283 Version=0001
N: Name="HDA Digital PCBeep"
P: Phys=card1/codec#0/beep0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card1/input7
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event8 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=40001
B: SND=6

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel PCH Mic"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card1/input9
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event9 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=10

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel PCH Headphone"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card1/input10
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event10 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=4

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=1bcf Product=2c67 Version=0001
N: Name="HD WebCam"
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:14.0-3/button
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-3/1-3:1.0/input/input13
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event13 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=100000 0 0 0

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=3"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/sound/card0/input14
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event14 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=7"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/sound/card0/input15
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event15 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=8"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/sound/card0/input16
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event16 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0018 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="Atmel maXTouch Touchscreen"
P: Phys=i2c-1-004a/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:15.2/i2c-1/1-004a/input/input17
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event11 mouse0 
B: PROP=2
B: EV=b
B: KEY=400 0 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=661800001000003

I: Bus=0018 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0001
N: Name="Cypress APA Trackpad (cyapa)"
P: Phys=i2c-0-0067/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:15.1/i2c-0/0-0067/input/input19
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event12 mouse1 
B: PROP=5
B: EV=b
B: KEY=e520 10000 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=660800001000003

I: Bus=0005 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="00:25:DB:1A:BF:B7"
P: Phys=
S: Sysfs=/devices/virtual/input/input21
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event17 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=100007
B: KEY=2fc800 145200000000 0 10300 49e800000c00 e16800000000f f810000010000ffc
B: REL=0

EDIT: Added output to 'xinput' and 'cat /proc/bus/input/devices' on my C720p.

Last edited by Daviljoe193 (2016-01-29 23:01:45)


I'm a noob, a noob that has installed Arch (And Gentoo.) several times on obscure hardware, and a noob that has used Linux exclusively for 6 years now, but I'm still just a noob.
Main Computer: Dell Inspiron 11 - 4GB ram, 500 GB spinning rust, plain Arch X86-64, UEFI

Offline

#1028 2016-01-30 01:15:13

k7paul
Member
Registered: 2016-01-28
Posts: 9

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

That's a weird question to ask, but can you send me your kernel parameters line please? (cat /proc/cmdline)

Offline

#1029 2016-01-30 01:51:29

Daviljoe193
Member
From: the boring old Fall River M.A
Registered: 2015-06-24
Posts: 36

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

k7paul wrote:

That's a weird question to ask, but can you send me your kernel parameters line please? (cat /proc/cmdline)

It wasn't a question, it was a response. My touchpad works just fine, with the rare occasion (Only ever happened to me twice, both times within this week.) that it just stops working until I shutdown completely, then boot. Here's my kernel params.

BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-linux root=/dev/sda1 rw resume=/dev/sda2 tpm_tis.force=1 tpm_tis.interrupts=0 modprobe.blacklist=ehci_pci i915.semaphores=1

EDIT: Whoops, rebooting doesn't fix it, only shutting down, THEN booting.

Last edited by Daviljoe193 (2016-01-30 01:53:06)


I'm a noob, a noob that has installed Arch (And Gentoo.) several times on obscure hardware, and a noob that has used Linux exclusively for 6 years now, but I'm still just a noob.
Main Computer: Dell Inspiron 11 - 4GB ram, 500 GB spinning rust, plain Arch X86-64, UEFI

Offline

#1030 2016-01-30 12:16:44

k7paul
Member
Registered: 2016-01-28
Posts: 9

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

Well, I guess that until I get "Cypress APA Trackpad (cyapa)" in my xinput list and in /proc/bus/input/devices, it's not going to work anyway.
What kernel are you running? I am running the stock one, and seem to have the cyapa module loaded, but still no luck sad
Using your kernel cmdline parameters unfortunately still did not help.

[root@skywriter ~]# uname -a
Linux skywriter 4.3.3-3-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 20 08:12:23 CET 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[root@skywriter ~]# lsmod|grep cyapa
cyapatp                53248  0
crc_itu_t              16384  1 cyapatp

Offline

#1031 2016-01-31 16:07:07

Daviljoe193
Member
From: the boring old Fall River M.A
Registered: 2015-06-24
Posts: 36

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

k7paul wrote:

Well, I guess that until I get "Cypress APA Trackpad (cyapa)" in my xinput list and in /proc/bus/input/devices, it's not going to work anyway.
What kernel are you running? I am running the stock one, and seem to have the cyapa module loaded, but still no luck sad
Using your kernel cmdline parameters unfortunately still did not help.

[root@skywriter ~]# uname -a
Linux skywriter 4.3.3-3-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 20 08:12:23 CET 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[root@skywriter ~]# lsmod|grep cyapa
cyapatp                53248  0
crc_itu_t              16384  1 cyapatp

Just running the normal kernel, same one as you. This is a dumb guess, but could you have accidentally disconnected the touchpad when doing whatever method you chose for enabling SeaBios access? I'd assume it's one of these two connectors.
AKjX8rg.jpg?1


I'm a noob, a noob that has installed Arch (And Gentoo.) several times on obscure hardware, and a noob that has used Linux exclusively for 6 years now, but I'm still just a noob.
Main Computer: Dell Inspiron 11 - 4GB ram, 500 GB spinning rust, plain Arch X86-64, UEFI

Offline

#1032 2016-01-31 22:27:48

nariox
Member
Registered: 2014-03-19
Posts: 128

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

@k7paul:
I was about the ask the same as Daviljoe193. Also, are you using the stock firmware or john lewis (or some other FW)?

Offline

#1033 2016-01-31 22:57:35

Daviljoe193
Member
From: the boring old Fall River M.A
Registered: 2015-06-24
Posts: 36

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

nariox wrote:

@k7paul:
I was about the ask the same as Daviljoe193. Also, are you using the stock firmware or john lewis (or some other FW)?

I don't know if I mentioned previously, I'm using the John Lewis firmware, because pressing CTRL D (Or waiting the default 30 seconds) whilst having my laptop beep every boot is annoying, and I don't plan to run Chrome OS anytime soon.


I'm a noob, a noob that has installed Arch (And Gentoo.) several times on obscure hardware, and a noob that has used Linux exclusively for 6 years now, but I'm still just a noob.
Main Computer: Dell Inspiron 11 - 4GB ram, 500 GB spinning rust, plain Arch X86-64, UEFI

Offline

#1034 2016-02-12 19:42:36

k7paul
Member
Registered: 2016-01-28
Posts: 9

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

I checked the connectors and they seemed fine. Then I went an 'extra mile' and booted Chrome OS from a USB stick -- the touchpad was working fine there! It's an elantech touchpad, and /proc/bus/input/devices from Chrome OS is below. However, I don't seem to be able to make this elan touchpad work in Arch -- it's still missing from /proc/bus/input/devices on Arch, despite my various attempts to patch and recompile psmouse etc.

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0005 Version=0000
N: Name="Lid Switch"
P: Phys=PNP0C0D/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0D:00/input/input0
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=lid_event_handler lid_event_handler event0 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=1

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0001 Version=0000
N: Name="Power Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0C/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0C:00/input/input1
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event1 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=10000000000000 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0003 Version=0000
N: Name="Sleep Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0E/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0E:00/input/input2
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event2 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=4000 0 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0003 Version=0000
N: Name="Sleep Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0E/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0E:01/input/input3
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event3 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=4000 0 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0001 Version=0000
N: Name="Power Button"
P: Phys=LNXPWRBN/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXPWRBN:00/input/input4
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event4 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=10000000000000 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0006 Version=0000
N: Name="Video Bus"
P: Phys=LNXVIDEO/video/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A08:00/LNXVIDEO:00/input/input5
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event5 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=3e000b00000000 0 0 0

I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0001 Product=0001 Version=ab83
N: Name="AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio0/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input6
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=sysrq event6 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=120013
B: KEY=400402000000 3803078f800d001 feffffdfffefffff fffffffffffffffe
B: MSC=10
B: LED=7

I: Bus=0018 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="Elan Touchpad"
P: Phys=
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:15.1/i2c-9/9-0015/input/input7
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event7 
B: PROP=5
B: EV=b
B: KEY=e520 10000 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=663800011000003

I: Bus=0018 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="Atmel maXTouch Touchscreen"
P: Phys=i2c-10-004a/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:15.2/i2c-10/10-004a/input/input8
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event8 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=b
B: KEY=400 0 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=671800001000003

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel MID HDMI/DP,pcm=8"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/sound/card0/input9
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event9 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel MID HDMI/DP,pcm=7"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/sound/card0/input10
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event10 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel MID HDMI/DP,pcm=3"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/sound/card0/input11
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event11 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel PCH Mic"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card1/input12
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event12 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=10

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel PCH Headphone"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card1/input13
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event13 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=4

Offline

#1035 2016-02-12 20:04:24

nariox
Member
Registered: 2014-03-19
Posts: 128

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

@k7paul: seems like you have two options, either you flash a custom ROM or you can try to apply the latest chromeos-laptop patches.

Would flashing the custom ROM be something you are opposed to?

Offline

#1036 2016-02-12 20:11:40

k7paul
Member
Registered: 2016-01-28
Posts: 9

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

Considering I'm going away next week I could do patching in March wink Are the chromeos-laptop patches available for the latest (4.3.3) kernel? If so, where? smile (in any case, patching a kernel is lower risk than flashing a ROM)

Offline

#1037 2016-02-15 20:55:24

nariox
Member
Registered: 2014-03-19
Posts: 128

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

@k7paul: I remember hearing about them somewhere, but I did a quick search and couldn't find it );

Offline

#1038 2016-02-16 09:23:11

dhead
Member
Registered: 2012-09-26
Posts: 190

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

My C720 battery is officially dead. I didn't need the c720 for the uni the last year so it was mainly constantly connected to the wall power at my home, I thought that this will prolong the battery life by avoiding charging cycles, I'm guessing the fw or/and the battery management ic are not smart enough to avoid trickle charging, now the battery is puffy and when running from battery the c720 is constantly shutting down which probably means battery over voltage protection is kicking in to avoid it exploding.

Edit: If anyone is interested in those sort of stuff then the battery ic management is TI BQ8050 which seem quite the standard and there are 3 cell of Sony.

Last edited by dhead (2016-02-16 09:50:27)

Offline

#1039 2016-02-16 18:59:08

nariox
Member
Registered: 2014-03-19
Posts: 128

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

@dhead: wow, that's disappointing! (and concerning, since I have put my C720 under the same conditions...).

Wonder if there's a way to avoid this. I'm checking TLP's documentation, but they seem to work with thinkpads only. Wonder if it'd be easy to fix that. I don't understand much about batteries, but would occasional shallow cycles help avoid this problem?

@k7paul: I did another look, seems like the galliumos peeps were working on some patches. This repo seems to have the patches repo , but seems like they've recently restructured the repo, so the file has only the initial commit. You'd probably need to download their repo, do a diff and sort out the appropriate patches.

Seems like it might be easier to flash the ROM tongue

Last edited by nariox (2016-02-16 19:13:57)

Offline

#1040 2016-02-16 22:02:24

dhead
Member
Registered: 2012-09-26
Posts: 190

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

@nariox

It a Lithium-polymer (LiPo) battery which is the same kind that is used in most RC & drones and there is lots of info out there about it.
I'm no expert but in general if nothing is wrong in the battery or charging circuit & fw then I believe you only need to care for:
1. Excessive heat from CPU would be really bad and will damage the battery if the laptop is not cooling properly (laptop sitting on the bed with air vents blocked).
2. Limiting the full discharging-charging cycles. LiPo don't got the memory affect so full discharging isn't needed and the number of discharging-charging cycles are limited so it would be preferred to not discharge the battery completely.

If we are not sure the battery and its charging circuit are working perfectly then we might want to follow the same rules that the RC hobbyists following:
1. Don't leave the laptop connected to power when the battery is fully charged, let it discharge to ~80% capacity before reconnecting power, by not completely discharging you also avoid shortening the battery life.
2. Disconnect power even if then laptop is turned off / in sleep mode.
3. Monitor the battery temperature, if it's getting hot too much then it might means that it's starting to malfunction. I actually noticed that the battery started to get extremely hot just before it started to malfunction.
4. If you know ahead that the laptop will not be used for several days then discharge the battery to ~80%.
5. Once in a while when you crack open the laptop to clean it from dust review the battery and see if one or more of its cell started to swollen, as there are three of them and they probably won't be affected exactly the same it's pretty easy to notice it.

In any case it's possible that it was a specific issue with my unit and the above are suggestions based on what I read so far (which is quite little), I've got lots to learn about batteries and I currently only care of Lead-Acid for my projects.

Last edited by dhead (2016-02-16 22:04:17)

Offline

#1041 2016-02-23 14:09:28

nariox
Member
Registered: 2014-03-19
Posts: 128

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

@dhead: Hope you can find a replacement soon. (ebay seems to have a few, but they seem a little overpriced, you might have better luck buying an entire unit (with a broken screen perhaps). I got a good deal for my 4GB RAM one there.

Do you think you could "deflate" your battery by attaching a "dumb" load to it (like a beefy resistor)? Or is it a goner?

Offline

#1042 2016-02-24 05:18:11

dhead
Member
Registered: 2012-09-26
Posts: 190

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

nariox wrote:

@dhead: Hope you can find a replacement soon. (ebay seems to have a few, but they seem a little overpriced, you might have better luck buying an entire unit (with a broken screen perhaps). I got a good deal for my 4GB RAM one there.

Yep, I also need to add international shipping fees and maybe extra fee for handling lithium batteries via air shipping, that might make fright shipping more economical and then the shipping cost for a whole unit would be the same as just shipping the battery.

nariox wrote:

Do you think you could "deflate" your battery by attaching a "dumb" load to it (like a beefy resistor)? Or is it a goner?

I don't know much about LiPo but from what I read so far after discharging the battery (with large load, keeping current very low), the accumulated (toxic and flammable) gasses need to be released, that means penetrating that air sealed cell packages and resealing theme (without having oxygen get in). I would not want to breath these gases or have the battery liquids running down on me or desk in the future so this might not be the greatest idea. Also I do not have the proper knowledge to determine if chemistry bonds in the battery's cell are broken such so the internal resistance would still be high after deflating the battery (which means high temperatures when charging/discharging -> exploding batteries).

Last edited by dhead (2016-02-24 05:19:32)

Offline

#1043 2016-02-24 14:53:02

ewaller
Administrator
From: Pasadena, CA
Registered: 2009-07-13
Posts: 17,379

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

dhead wrote:

My C720 battery is officially dead.... now the battery is puffy ... .

Get it out of your home. Today.

Seriously, it is a safety hazard at this point.


Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Offline

#1044 2016-02-29 02:27:00

LeoFa
Member
From: Netherlands
Registered: 2014-10-14
Posts: 35

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

Chrome OS devices / xkeyboard_configuration
apparently xkeyboard-config since 2.16-1 has  a chromebook layout yikes totally missed it! was using the patched xkeyboard-config-chromebook 2.14-2 until now.

dhead666's implementation had the Print key on F5; you can get it back by adding  it to ~/.Xmodmap (needs xorg-xmodmap)

! set Chromebook Expose key as Print/ AltGr + Expose = F5
keycode 71 = Print F5 Print F5 F5 F5 XF86Switch_VT_4

Last edited by LeoFa (2016-02-29 02:27:54)

Offline

#1045 2016-03-12 23:35:12

k7paul
Member
Registered: 2016-01-28
Posts: 9

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

nariox wrote:

@k7paul: I did another look, seems like the galliumos peeps were working on some patches. This repo seems to have the patches repo , but seems like they've recently restructured the repo, so the file has only the initial commit. You'd probably need to download their repo, do a diff and sort out the appropriate patches.

Seems like it might be easier to flash the ROM tongue

I have flashed John Lewis's Haswell full ROM and nothing has changed. What am I doing wrong? smile

Offline

#1046 2016-03-13 02:20:20

Daviljoe193
Member
From: the boring old Fall River M.A
Registered: 2015-06-24
Posts: 36

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

k7paul wrote:
nariox wrote:

@k7paul: I did another look, seems like the galliumos peeps were working on some patches. This repo seems to have the patches repo , but seems like they've recently restructured the repo, so the file has only the initial commit. You'd probably need to download their repo, do a diff and sort out the appropriate patches.

Seems like it might be easier to flash the ROM tongue

I have flashed John Lewis's Haswell full ROM and nothing has changed. What am I doing wrong? smile

Since flashing the JL BIOS is most likely impossible without opening the laptop, did either of these two connectors I mentioned before seem unplugged/damaged?
AKjX8rg.jpg?

Last edited by Daviljoe193 (2016-03-13 02:20:55)


I'm a noob, a noob that has installed Arch (And Gentoo.) several times on obscure hardware, and a noob that has used Linux exclusively for 6 years now, but I'm still just a noob.
Main Computer: Dell Inspiron 11 - 4GB ram, 500 GB spinning rust, plain Arch X86-64, UEFI

Offline

#1047 2016-03-13 10:37:53

k7paul
Member
Registered: 2016-01-28
Posts: 9

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

@Daviljoe193: nope, both connectors are connected and undamaged. Further, as I mentioned above, when I booted ChromeOS, the trackpad worked fine (see ChromeOS's /proc/bus/input/devices in one of my previous posts).

@nariox, I recompiled the kernel 4.4.5, having replaced linux/drivers/platform/chrome with the repo version prior to compilation - this still hasn't helped sad

I am confused.

Offline

#1048 2016-03-15 18:07:24

jason.oliveira
Member
Registered: 2015-07-19
Posts: 14

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

freeplay wrote:

How did you apply those patches the 4.2.0 kernel? They fail in multiple places for me.

I didn't do patch -p0, that's for sure. I manually edited all the files listed in the patchfile to reflect the changes made. it was maybe seven lines.

A secret most people don't understand is that most old patches can be applied manually, as the only thing likely failing is the line numbers changing. go to the line number stated, go down (or up) a few lines, and modify the code according to the patchfile. Getting your hands dirty is good for your soul.

Offline

#1049 2016-03-15 18:14:54

jason.oliveira
Member
Registered: 2015-07-19
Posts: 14

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

k7paul wrote:

It doesn't work, unfortunately: xinput does not list it, nor is it in cat /proc/bus/input/devices

[paul@skywriter ~]$ xinput 
⎡ Virtual core pointer                          id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Logitech Lenovo USB Optical Mouse         id=11   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Atmel maXTouch Touchscreen                id=13   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard                         id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard               id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                              id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Video Bus                                 id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                              id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button                              id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button                              id=10   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ HD WebCam                                 id=12   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard              id=14   [slave  keyboard (3)]
[paul@skywriter ~]$ cat /proc/bus/input/devices 
I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0001 Product=0001 Version=ab83
N: Name="AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio0/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input0
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=sysrq kbd leds event0 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=120013
B: KEY=10000 c020000000000 0 0 700f02000003 3802078f870f401 febfffdfffefffff fffffffffffffffe
B: MSC=10
B: LED=7

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0005 Version=0000
N: Name="Lid Switch"
P: Phys=PNP0C0D/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0D:00/input/input1
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event1 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=1

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0001 Version=0000
N: Name="Power Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0C/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0C:00/input/input2
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event2 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=10000000000000 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0003 Version=0000
N: Name="Sleep Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0E/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0E:00/input/input3
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event3 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=4000 0 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0003 Version=0000
N: Name="Sleep Button"
P: Phys=PNP0C0E/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0E:01/input/input4
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event4 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=4000 0 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0001 Version=0000
N: Name="Power Button"
P: Phys=LNXPWRBN/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXPWRBN:00/input/input5
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event5 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=10000000000000 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0006 Version=0000
N: Name="Video Bus"
P: Phys=LNXVIDEO/video/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A08:00/LNXVIDEO:00/input/input6
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event6 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=3e000b00000000 0 0 0

I: Bus=0010 Vendor=001f Product=0001 Version=0100
N: Name="PC Speaker"
P: Phys=isa0061/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/pcspkr/input/input7
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event7 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=40001
B: SND=6

I: Bus=0001 Vendor=10ec Product=0283 Version=0001
N: Name="HDA Digital PCBeep"
P: Phys=card1/codec#0/beep0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card1/input8
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event8 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=40001
B: SND=6

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel PCH Mic"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card1/input9
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event9 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=10

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel PCH Headphone"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card1/input10
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event10 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=4

I: Bus=0018 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="Atmel maXTouch Touchscreen"
P: Phys=i2c-1-004a/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:15.2/i2c-1/1-004a/input/input11
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event11 mouse0 
B: PROP=2
B: EV=b
B: KEY=400 0 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=661800001000003

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=17ef Product=6019 Version=0111
N: Name="Logitech Lenovo USB Optical Mouse"
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:14.0-2/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0/0003:17EF:6019.0001/input/input12
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event12 mouse1 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=17
B: KEY=70000 0 0 0 0
B: REL=103
B: MSC=10

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=1bcf Product=2c67 Version=0001
N: Name="HD WebCam"
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:14.0-3/button
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-3/1-3:1.0/input/input13
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event13 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=100000 0 0 0

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=3"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/sound/card0/input14
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event14 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=7"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/sound/card0/input15
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event15 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="HDA Intel HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=8"
P: Phys=ALSA
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/sound/card0/input16
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event16 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=21
B: SW=140

You have an Elantech touchpad. do a modprobe elan_i2c, and see if your touchpad starts working. You'll have to modify /drivers/platform/chrome/chromeos_laptop.c in your kernel source (5 small changes), as nobody actually hooks the Elantech driver (already in the kernel) to this driver. I've placed the files on Gitlab if you're interested.

Last edited by jason.oliveira (2016-03-15 18:20:51)

Offline

#1050 2016-03-23 20:29:03

samkostka
Member
From: Smallest State, Longest Name
Registered: 2015-09-07
Posts: 18

Re: Acer C720/C720P Chromebook

Can anyone recommend an SSD for the C720?  I tried the ZTC model, which froze after minutes or seconds, and I was using an ADATA Premier, but it crapped out after a few months.  I'd also prefer it if the SSD can run Chrome OS as well, which if I understand correctly, requires support for ultra-low power states.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB