You are not logged in.

#76 2014-10-03 00:58:15

nomorewindows

Re: CMST - A Connman GUI front end with system tray icon

Filed bug, waiting for it to become documented so that it will become a feature.

I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.

#77 2014-12-21 21:27:43

nomorewindows

Does the CMST have VPN support (P2P) or does VPN have to be configured through connman?

I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.

#78 2014-12-21 22:48:14

ajbibb

No VPN at the moment.  I've looked briefly what is involved, but that is it.

P2P services do show up in the Services window if any are found.  Support is very limited at the moment, turning power on and off is about all you can do.  The last, or second to last Connman update introduced an API for managing Peer services, but all of the DBus methods are still marked "Experimental".  I'm trying to avoid implementing anything marked "Experimental" or "Depreciated". Not always successful, but I am trying to avoid it.

#79 2014-12-25 23:19:11

nomorewindows

This is probably connman, but something seems to be messing with my routing table.  It puts my DNS servers as hosts?  And 0.0.0.0 as default gateway?  When I stop connman, it quits doing that.

Look ma, no mouse.

#80 2014-12-28 01:11:16

ajbibb

I'd also guess this is a Connman thing,  There is nothing in the API documents about having the user change the routing table.  As mentioned above almost all that I've done is implement things that Connman allows the user to interact with.  The only exception is the recently added Provisioning Editor, but that would not do what you are seeing, unless you've used it to make entries for these items in a provisioning file.

[edit] added to last sentence.

Last edited by ajbibb (2014-12-28 01:14:12)

#81 2015-02-22 23:43:51

nomorewindows

I see output from systemctl status connman that confirms that connman is changing the routing table and awkwardly adding the dns servers to the routing table.  Not sure why.

Look ma, no mouse.

#82 2015-02-23 01:17:29

ajbibb

Does the at this link make any sense?

http://t148029.handhelds-moblin-connman … 48029.html

I'm sure I don't understand it all, but I think what the Connman devs are saying is that only one entity should ever control the routing table, and if you are running Connman it should be Connman.  Could be wrong, but that is what I'm getting from it.

#83 2015-02-23 01:32:13

nomorewindows

This might be kind of funny.  I have a ethernet-static netctl profile going which should do everything I tell it from that.  And while I was using wicd, I didn't connect to my wifi with wicd.  I manually went to it.  Then the wireless router I didn't have connected to the internet was trying to route my dns to the router.  Of course, it couldn't resolve dns entries.  To correct it simply, I had to manually enter some dns addresses into the router even though it wasn't connected to the internet, so that my static wired connection could still resolve (some applications).  So then when I enabled connman, (stopping wicd of course), then connman did it's thing and somewhere in there it disconnected the ethernet connection, and then it got a dhcp address to the ethernet card, and a 169. address to the wireless interface (according to cmst).  Really bizarre.  Maybe there's a reason it keeps the dns servers in the routing table?? but it seemed to still get confused even then.

Look ma, no mouse.

#84 2015-02-23 15:28:04

nomorewindows

It is somewhat odd that wicd won't pick up a router where it should, but connman/cmst does a really good job of picking up where it left off.

Look ma, no mouse.

#85 2015-02-25 00:43:46

ajbibb

If I'm reading your post correctly you are using netctl for a static ethernet connection, and then either Connman or WiCD for wireless?  If so I'm pretty sure that is not good, need either one or the other.  You can setup a static connection with Connman.  In the details tab of CMST for your connection click the Configuration button then put the nameserver in the box on the Nameservers tab.

Regards your post #84, I need give credit where it is due.  If the connection is working (or not for that matter) credit goes entirely to Connman.  All CMST does is act as a middleman between the user and Connman, and maybe helps in editing Connman configuration files, but really nothing you could not do by hand.  Connman speaks DBus, most people don't, CMST just translates.

#86 2015-02-25 02:24:18

nomorewindows

It was Wicd having problems connecting.  Even FreeBSD would connect in the same place where Wicd wouldn't.  But I have noticed that connman would connect in other configurations where Wicd was having trouble.  Not sure what the difference is.  Not even that far from the router (90% or more).

Look ma, no mouse.

Board footer