You are not logged in.

#26 2014-07-11 19:47:09

anark10n

Re: Serious issue with VLC (even downgrade does not fix it?!?)

Great to see it worked for a lot of people, but I can't ake credit for it. I was just the messenger.

t3kk3n wrote:

I just had this issue yesterday into today, and after exporting LD_PRELOAD, the issue still persisted. I eventually reinstalled glib2, logged in/out, then set LD_PRELOAD and reinstalled VLC. From there on, VLC started working. Not sure why, but hey, if anyone still has issues, try that, it worked for me.

Yeah, also had the similar problem after a recent update. Export, reinstall vlc, still seg faulted. Until I ran the two commands as root user. Try that, see if it sticks.

#27 2014-08-01 00:18:56

Potomac

Re: Serious issue with VLC (even downgrade does not fix it?!?)

the problem is that sometimes vlc-cache-gen generates a corrupt or incorrect plugins.dat file, even if we use the LD_PRELOAD workaround, vlc will work ( no segfault ) but some plugins will not be in the cache file ( plugins.dat ),

I discovered that because I notice a weird bug relating to resampler audio option in vlc, regenerate the cache file can help but not always, in my case I had to delete manualy the file /usr/lib/vlc/plugins/plugins.dat and then regenerate a new plugins.dat file,

if I don't delete the plugins.dat file then vlc-cache-gen still generates an incomplete plugins.dat file

Last edited by Potomac (2014-08-01 00:20:24)

Board footer