You are not logged in.

#101 2015-01-02 02:15:08

stobbsm
Website

Re: lxqt-git repository

Sorry, holidays and hospital stays have taken a lot out of my normal schedule. Just starting to get back on track now, and am starting by rebuilding the entire repository from scratch.

You will need to reinstall all packages, but I think I've taken care of dependency issues to make them update automatically. Will edit this post once work is done, and repo is useful again.

EDIT: Just noticed a major problem for all x86_64 systems where libs were being installed to lib64. Updated all the PKGBUILDS locally to test, and will get this working ASAP. Can't redo it all till then.

EDIT2: Just uploading the fixed repo now. Let me know if any issues arise, but it is working for me.

Last edited by stobbsm (2015-01-02 22:31:13)

Running the lxqt-git repository. If you would like to help cover costs, consider using using my referral link to digital ocean for your next VPS deployment.
https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=13e0b40e4e39

#102 2015-01-05 11:16:39

matersci

I am able to login again and everything seems to work, except qterminal that doesn't start. (x86)

Last edited by matersci (2015-01-05 11:16:50)

#103 2015-01-05 18:25:36

stobbsm
Website

matersci wrote:

I am able to login again and everything seems to work, except qterminal that doesn't start. (x86)

What error do you get from qterminal? Do you have another terminal you can start it from to see what error message you get?

Running the lxqt-git repository. If you would like to help cover costs, consider using using my referral link to digital ocean for your next VPS deployment.

#104 2015-01-06 00:54:53

matersci

no error, just this:

$ qterminal 
iconTheme "oxygen"
TRANSLATIONS_DIR: Loading translation file "qterminal_en.qm" from dir /usr/share/qterminal/translations
load success: false
Properties constructor called
Canot open file "/home/giorgos/.config/qterminal.org/qterminal_bookmarks.xml"
default KB_LAYOUT_DIR:  "/usr/share/qtermwidget5/kb-layouts/"
loadAllColorSchemes
TermWidgetImpl::propertiesChanged TermWidgetImpl(0x908b780, name = "TermWidget_1") emulation: "default"
Session::run() - program: "/bin/bash"
Session::run() - arguments: ("")
started!
TermWidgetImpl::propertiesChanged TermWidgetImpl(0x908b780, name = "TermWidget_1") emulation: "default"

and stays there.

#105 2015-01-06 01:39:49

stobbsm
Website

Trying running an strace on it to make sure its not failing on a weird library error.

#106 2015-01-06 09:15:56

matersci

thanks.
I used strace and I found the problem. It was trying to create the file
~/.config/qterminal.org/qterminal.ini.lock
that already existed. I remove it and now ok

Last edited by matersci (2015-01-06 09:16:49)

#107 2015-01-31 22:11:15

oh2emd

Hi, I can't start lxqt. Does anyone has some advice to me?
I had Pantheon before, but I removed it because it was too buggy. (or I just couldn't configure it properly.) Hopefully better luck with this LXQT.

$ startx

X.Org X Server 1.16.3
Release Date: 2014-12-20
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 3.18.1-1-ARCH x86_64
Current Operating System: Linux GCS 3.18.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jan 27 20:45:02 CET 2015 x86_64
Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-linux root=UUID=ac227fa2-91df-40fd-8a0b-03e7a07ad505 rw quiet
Build Date: 29 December 2014  01:09:58PM

Current version of pixman: 0.32.6
        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
        to make sure that you have the latest version.
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(==) Log file: "/home/oh2emd/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sat Jan 31 23:41:04 2015
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(==) Using config directory: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d"
(==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
(II) [KMS] Kernel modesetting enabled.
                                      The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
                                                                                      > Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbol
s
 >                   Ignoring extra symbols
                                           Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
                                                                                            LxQt::Translator: Qt translations not found
                                                                                                                                       iconTheme "oxygen"
                                                                                                                                                         Theme:
Cannot open file for reading: "/usr/share/lxqt/themes/frost/lxqt-session.qss"
                                                                             /build/lxqt-session-git/src/lxqt-session/lxqt-session/src/sessionapplication.cpp :
74 Session "session" about to launch (default 'session')
                                                        Environment variable GTK_CSD = 0
                                                                                        "/home/oh2emd/.config/lxqt/session.conf"
                                                                                                                                xrdb: Xcursor.theme:whiteglass
                                                                                                                                                              Xc
ursor.size:18
             Xcursor.theme_core:true

The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
                                                                                    > Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols
                                                                                                                                                               >
                   Ignoring extra symbols
                                         Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
                                                                                          Window Manager started
                                                                                                                start "/etc/xdg/autostart/lxqt-globalkeyshortcut
s.desktop"
          start "/etc/xdg/autostart/lxqt-notifications.desktop"
                                                               start "/etc/xdg/autostart/lxqt-panel.desktop"
                                                                                                            start "/etc/xdg/autostart/lxqt-policykit-agent.deskt
op"
   start "/etc/xdg/autostart/lxqt-runner.desktop"
                                                 Process "Panel" ( LxQtModule(0x17d5ec0) ) has to be restarted
                                                                                                              Process "Panel" ( LxQtModule(0x17d5ec0) ) has to b
e restarted
           Process "Panel" ( LxQtModule(0x17d5ec0) ) has to be restarted
waiting for X server to shut down (EE) Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.QtModule(0x17d5ec0) ) has to be restartedProcess "Panel" ( LxQtModul

#108 2015-02-01 13:11:32

oh2emd

I re-installed mesa-libgl, lib32-mesa-libgl, mesa-vdpau and lib32-mesa-vdpau. Now it seems to work.

Last edited by oh2emd (2015-02-01 13:11:48)

#109 2015-03-25 21:46:28

stobbsm
Website

Now that LXQT is in the official repositories, I am discontinuing my repository. I'd suggest removing all lxqt-git packages, and then install the lxqt group.

#110 2015-07-19 17:17:56

tigrmesh
IRC Op

stobbsm wrote:

Now that LXQT is in the official repositories, I am discontinuing my repository. I'd suggest removing all lxqt-git packages, and then install the lxqt group.

Would you please add

[discontinued]

to the thread title?  There have been many changes to LXQt between the last release and now.  I will probably not be the only one looking to run LXQt from git.  Seeing from the search results that it's been discontinued would be a help. 

Also, I know it's quite late to do this, but thank you for having created and maintained this repository.

#111 2015-09-27 15:40:37

renegat

Now after really struggling really hard to get this key for lxqt-git weekly build repository imported ('gpg: keyserver receive failed: Address family not supported by protocol' due to disabled IPv6) I have to notice that this repository is no longer maintained. *sad*
Unfortunately the LXQt Group in the official repositories has not been updated for several months and is very far behind the git ones so there would be really a need again for this lxqt-git repository as it is quite a pita to download and install all the git packages from the aur.

Board footer