You are not logged in.

#26 2006-02-10 17:02:44

Cerebral
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: ati-drivers-arch. ATI for stock kernel.

rbl wrote:

Well.. I just couldn't wait and modified a local PKGBUILD for ati-drivers-arch to use the 8.22.5 drivers and installed it. The friggin' problem with enemy-territory persists! Everything else still works fine.

Actually, after running with 8.22.5 for a little while, I've noticed that, while running glxgears works fine, if my X server's been up for a while, it crashes hard when I try to switch to VT's or kill the server entirely.

However, I can still switch or close X if it's shortly after I've started it... this is actually pretty hard to reproduce, but it's got me paranoid about quitting X. tongue

This issue seems to have cropped up in 8.21.7 and hasn't yet been killed, based on my testing... and when I try to run fullscreen games, I get the crash too, just like you do.  *sigh*  I hope I don't have to revert to 8.20.8 again... this is getting ridiculous.

#27 2006-02-10 18:31:16

rbl

the enemy-territory problem is finally solved!! big_smile  8)

within his /usr/bin/enemy-territory, rbl wrote:

#!/bin/sh
cd /opt/enemy-territory
./bin/et.x86
+set r_ext_compiled_vertex_array 0 $*

however.. this was not necessary with a plain arch 0.7 install +archck kernel and ati-drivers from ~3 months ago.

#28 2006-02-11 08:27:21

Fixed

I am using Acer Aspire 5014WLMi, AMD64, ATI MOBILITY RADEON X700 video card.

My problems started several weeks ago after upgrading the system
to the new kernel, see

After that, I did "blind" login into the system without seeing "login:" and "Pasword:", but I was able to start blindly "xfce4" and do my regular job.

Today, after upgrading the system to the new kernel through "pacman -Syu", I am not able to do even "blind" login. Just black screen and no reaction.

I am not even able to reboot the system through "Ctrl-Alt-Del".

Please help -- I am using this comuputer for work.

Is there any way to return to old kernel and how to do that?

XFCE4 under Arch on Honor MagicBook

#29 2006-02-14 17:46:30

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

I actually had an email from one of the ATI guys a while back offering to help us formalize the pkging of these drivers using their own installer...I never heard back from them...

#30 2006-02-14 18:12:12

Cerebral
Forum Fellow
Website

dibblethewrecker wrote:

I actually had an email from one of the ATI guys a while back offering to help us formalize the pkging of these drivers using their own installer...I never heard back from them...

Geez, that would have been sweet... the ATI graphical installer creating a pacman package for us?

Board footer